Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
phantasmmysteria

Ebisu Making Love As Two Octopuses Look On

Oakmoss, skin musk, and nectarine.

In the imp, I get light skin musk with a trace of nectarine.

On my skin, the nectarine comes out - it's a very ripe and juicy scent, not overly sweet or bright; it's backed by the oakmoss.

When it dries, it's incredibly light, incredibly warm - a beautiful blend of all three listed notes. Very subtle, very nice. I can't decide if I need a bottle or not!

I was very surprised by this scent- it was not as bright and fruity as I thought it would be. The nectarine is very subdued and only slightly sweet, and blends beautifully with the oakmoss and musk. This scent feels very clean and watery to me without being aquatic, which is great b/c I love the feel of aquatic scents but they mostly go soapy on me. It does not have a lot of throw but lasts for a while on my skin. I also suspect it would be perfect for a scent locket in the summer months. it makes me feel very fresh and pretty but not overly girly, which is perfect.

I find this to be a very soft, clean, skin scent. It's a natural kind of clean, as opposed to a freshly scrubbed, crystalline, lemony kind of clean, if that makes any sense. Like a person's natural glow.

The throw is minimal but wear life is decent. The nectarine is in equal balance with the skin musk, providing a light, faintly sweet kind of scent. This is very easy to wear. I often find peach or apricot too sweet and syrupy, and I wondered if the nectarine wouldn't turn out the same way. Luckily, for me it's a light, fresh fruit aroma, just like biting into a ripe nectarine. It's sweet, but not overpoweringly so, and definitely not syrupy.

I don't smell much oakmoss, it's just rounding out the sweetness of the nectarine. Oakmoss tends to amp up after an hour or two, on my skin, but here it never becomes the top note. I never sniff myself and think, "Mossy!"

The first comparison that comes to mind is Eos, with fruit in place of the florals. I think this is a unique scent, so I can't think of many other points for comparison. Try if it you love skin musk, try it if you like nectarine. I'd say this is unisex.

First Impression: I'm not really sure how to describe this. There's a hint of nectarine but that's all I can identify.

Dries down to: This one doesn't change much.

Additional Comments: This is very well blended but too slight for my taste. It would suit a young girl much better.

Lasted: 2-3 hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Really unusual. Nectarine and oakmoss make an orange/green combination that is hard to imagine and even harder to describe. It is bright and sweet.

It smells somehow watery and makes me think of shower gel. Not in a negative way! But I keep thinking how much more I would love this if I could take a shower with it. That would be perfect.

After a few hours all but the skin musk is gone. Skin musk by itself is just lovely too! :P

It smelled pretty obnoxious when I first put it on (what is up with my skin tonight?), but it dried to a woodsy, fruity scent that's nice if not as spectacular as I was hoping it would be. It's ok.

I like this scent, but unfortunately I get no oakmoss at all. It's all creamy nectarine. It's a very nice creamy nectarine, but it's not what I was hoping for. It smells lovely in the imp -- I might try it in my hair or in a locket at some point, but I'm not going to buy a bottle.

On to try the other pervy octopi now... :P

Well, this is a bit of a surprise... It sounded pleasant enough from the description, but it's actually much nicer than expected. Contrary to the rest of the Lupecalia update, which has mostly disappointed me so far.

This one is light and sweet, with a faintly aquatic feel, but also a bit of warmth. "Skin musk" seems to the light, powdery feminine sort of white musk, like the Body Shop sells. So even with the presence of earthy oakmoss, it's a very delicate scent. But the ingredients are perfectly balanced - a little fruity, a little musky, a little earthy, and for some reason a little watery. Sweet, but not too sweet. Delicate, but still with character.

It's also got that gently uplifting feel that certain scents like Kuang Shi and Fae have for me, which makes them excellent mood-boosters. I could see this being a wonderful choice to brighten up grey days.

All in all, probably my favourite from the Lupercalia update thus far. None of them have been instant love the way I was hoping some would be, but this one's at least a case of pretty strong like. Very tempted to order a bottle, but there's enough similarity between it and both the above two that I'm not entirely sure... Guess I better decide within the next hour or two, as the Lupercalias are going down very soon!

Grade: B+

this is a nice smooth scent--I think it is the skin musk that makes it so nice and rounded. I really like it....however, I can kind of feel like I can taste it....

The nectarine smells very nice and light, and I imagine a peachy skin color swirled with a dark seaweed green...

This really seems to be one where experience varies! On me, Ebisu was sweet sweet orangey fruitness. I was hoping for something a little quieter, a shade darker, and I was disappointed not to get anything aquatic out of it.

Oh man, I love this wet. This is a lovely juicy nectarine smell. Love it. It's almost orangey on me - it's mix of tangerine and peach on me.

The fruity aspect fades as it dries down, leaving me with more of a 'zest' kind of thing going on and the skin musk is more prevalent.

I love this. It stays close to the skin - sexy and delicate.

I've found too many of the peach scents to be heavy for me --- this however is nice, subtle and infinitely wearable.

Now to hunt me a partial bottle of this or at least, another imp!

ETA: Now that I'm wearing a big amount of it - this is what a peach and a nectarine smell like when they have sex on the beach.

And it smells gooood! And sexy.

Edited by zankoku_zen

This wore disappointingly on my skin - sort of sharp and perfumey, not what I was hoping for. I don't really have anything else to add, since it stayed pretty consistently...not a good thing.

Ebisu Making Love While Two Octopi Look On- Wow, perverted Octopuses really smell quite nice. Makes the whole tentacle rape thing seem not too bad, really. The skin musk and oakmoss notes is most prominent. This one I might buy in a bottle. Even if it does have that creepy as hell Sexual Predator Octopus on the bottle.

In the bottle: Sweet, fresh, water-dappled NECTARINES! :P

On wet: Ohhh...so good. *huffs wrist* Nectarine, oakmoss, skin musk - each note is coming through loud and clear - and they're *wonderful*!

Drydown: Wow, this is fantastic stuff. Such a clean, fresh scent - like fruit juice -infused raindrops. And the musk is so unobtrusive, clinging to my skin, letting that wonderful fruit-water take center stage like a hovering cloud of pure deliciousness. Long-lasting and nothing but gorgeous.

Overall: What can I say but :D ? I've been searching for a really good nectarine blend, but they're few and far between - most are too perfumey, or the other notes smother the delicate fruity goodness. Ebisu is what I've been looking for, and it's also one of the most *perfect* summer scents I've ever come across, too. Lightly sweet, SO incredibly fresh, both airy *and* watery, and just enough musk to ground everything. Perfection. 5/5

Mmm, this is nice. Orange and green really is the best way to describe it - to me it's sweet nectarines with a woody background to it, all with a fresh clear watery base. It's a very light and delicate scent which I think is perfectly blended. I will need to find more of this.

I got an imp of this from a fellow forumite, and was hesitant to try it BUT...I did.

And I'm glad! The notes: Oakmoss, skin musk, and nectarine.

What I find most weird about this, is that to me, I smell some Snow White underneath a flower-y-ness. While I think it smells kinda good, it's also kinda strong.

After several hours, the flower smell is left faintly, with just a whisp of Snow White underneath.

Overall: An odd coupling of scents. And they strangely smell good together. Not good enough for a bottle, mind you, at least not right now. I do think, however, that this might age nicely and be good to snag on ebay in a couple of years.

In the bottle – Lovely fresh, bright nectarines

Wet on me – Lush juicy nectarines with a hint of green and an undertone of musk

Dry on me – A light fizzy white musk

Overall – This is very pretty, but it doesn’t really grab me

I don't know why this blend seems aquatic to me, because based on the listed notes, I wouldn't expect it to. However, I read some of the reviews before I tried it, and so the fact that it was slightly aquatic did not come as a surprise. I normally cannot STAND aquatics, because they remind me of this awful body spray that people used to always wear in the 90's that made me nauseated. And I think that my skin amps aquatic notes as well, which is really too bad since I can't usually stand them. (Why can't I amp vanilla or honey? Wahhh, so unfair!)

Anyway, for whatever reason, this blend DOES smell aquatic to me when I apply it. But not in the bad way (which is probably because it's not even really an aquatic blend). As it dries down, it doesn't really smell aquatic at all. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to describe it. I'm going to have to say that on me, it's more or less what the first poster on this thread was hoping it would be: a little earthy, but sweetened up by the nectarine. It also received the husband seal of approval (*sniff sniff* ...Mmmmmmm!), so I think this one is a keeper.

I was retesting my Shunga decants and I tried this one and immediately hunted down a bottle.

In the bottle it is heady sweet nectarine.

On the drydown the skin musk comes out and the oakmoss grounds the blend. It's a very simple blend, it doesn't have any of the complexity that some of Beth's other blends have, but on my skin that is enough. My skin eats a bit of the nectarine so the scent is still a bit fruity but mostly a clinging muskiness.

Very sexy and understated, perfect for the summer when the darker blends are too heavy.

The nectarine is fairly strong at first, but it smells like nectarine + green. Not really a juicy fruit, it's more subdued. Later it's a mossy, musky scent with a little twinkle of nectarine that honestly smells more like peach to me.

I don't mind this scent at all, but if I'm looking for something similar to this scent I'd pick Tamamo-no-Mae over this one. So I guess not a bottle upgrade this time.

i am not much of a fruity-scent girl, but i quite like this one. i discovered that nectarine and i are friends, unlike peach, because nectarine is more citrussy and less sweet. the skin musk in this is subtle and i can smell the oakmoss in the background- a truly beautiful backdrop for the nectarine. this isn't a normally "me" scent, but i am really loving it!

Wet: Nectarine! Not too sweet at all... it's vaguely peach-like, but this nectarine is tangy and underripe, yet also a bit watery. The oakmoss is definitely present, but it's secondary to the nectarine.

Dry: Mossy skin musk (reads as similar to white musk here) touched lightly with nectarine. It's a clean combination, not overtly oceanic, but appropriate enough for a scent inspired by, er, octopi, I guess. Not much throw, plenty of longevity. Smells summery.

Overall: Nice, but nothing revolutionary. A related scent I like better is a 2009 apricot Shunga, Manners Among Men and Women. The apricot note is similar to nectarine, but the refreshing sake and biting wood are more striking than the relatively demure oakmoss-musk combo here.

I tested this without even looking at the note list first, and it came across to me as seaweed with a touch of seaspray, sweetening and warming up slightly as it dried down. Now I can definitely see where I got the slightly sweet seaweed and warming-up qualities from; the nectarine sweetens up the oakmoss and probably gives it a bit of tang as well, and the warmth comes from the skin musk. Sticks pretty close to the skin overall. A very sheer green skin scent--if I was a green lover, it'd be a must, but it's really just not my thing.