Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal

A deranged darling, sweet and sociopathic! Clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!

In the bottle: Grapefruit and pear.. thats what I am getting.. its very fruity in the bottle

On the skin: Wooooooooooooow, ok this is so much nicer than I'd imagined. I was so afraid of the lily in this but knew all the other notes just worked. Thankfully on my skin, it turns into a citrusy, lemony-grapefruit cream tart with a spice to it... Im not getting any cake yet.

On drydown, still no cake for me but the creamy vanilla is much more prominent. Its still very citrusy but like a citrus pie complete with a heap of vanilla cream. It is SO good. YUMMM.

This is sweet, too sweet, and cloying on me. It's sort of bubblegum-y and reminds me strongly of BiggerCritters. I was hoping it would be good on me, but so far have had mixed results with the DD blends. Off to the swaps, hoping to find a more loving home for my bottle.

In the imp: sweet creamy buttery ginger and citrus, reminds me of Pumpkin V.

Wet on skin: now I smell the pink pepper, which reminds me of Hermia!

Dry on skin: mmm, this is wonderful! This smells like Hermia’s sweeter, younger, feistier (and more cannibalistic) sister. The pink pepper is the dominant note, a sparkly, bright and lively pepper note, along with spicy ginger giving it a kick, and a hint of lemon and grapefruit. Underneath I smell clotted cream (like the stuff served with scones, slightly buttery but not sour cream at all) and sweet candyfloss sugar, as well as some pear. I think the lily keeps all the gourmand notes in check, stops this from smelling too foody. But this is spiced sugar at it’s best!

After a while: the pepper in here is gorgeous, a very multifaceted pepper with slight incense-like tones. The ginger doesn’t turn to rubber on me. Now I smell more of the pear, a sweet pear dusted with sugar, with hints of cream and a lily note that doesn’t turn to soap or sharpness on me. This is truly delectable!

Then the sugar becomes warmer and it seems the spices melt into the sweet notes, and everything mixes very nicely together so no one note stands out…it’s just a gorgeous warm spiced sweetness which is actually not as foody as one would expect, despite it smelling very sugary. The drydown is very much like Treat 1…but better. It doesn’t have the cloying note from Treat 1 (I think it was strawberry) and is beautifully tempered by the remaining spices. In fact it smells like a pink lemonade ice cream float!

Verdict: this is my new favourite foody scent! This is a really fun and cheerful fragrance, and it’s also a very balanced gourmand scent, not cloying or over-sweet. It’s full of sassy spices like ginger and pink pepper (fast becoming one of my favourite spice notes) with a gorgeous mix of youthful candyfloss sugar and soft vanilla cream, and a lovely fruity scent of grapefruit, lemon and grapefruit. I think the lily is what stops this from smelling too foody, but it’s a lily that behaves very well on me (no soapy reaction). And I love what the spices do to the sugary notes in here. It then dries down to spicy candy floss with a hint of ice cream and lemonade, and I love that. I am so glad I was able to get a bottle and backup because I know I will be wearing this a lot.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes! I’m glad I got two bottles!

If you like this, try: Hermia, Pumpkin V, Xanthe, Bloody Mary, Pumpkin Queen, Shub Niggurath

This was a traded imp, so I don't know the actual age of the scent.

In the bottle: sweet, but not too bad. I catch a little spice and something that sort of tickles my nose in an suspicious way.

On: OMG SWEET, SUGAR SLATHERED SPICE CABINET. Not good. I'm sneezing. Double plus not good.

Dry down: still sweet, but now going sort of rubbery/plasticy. The pepper is what I think was making me sneeze -- maybe the lily. I don't like this at all!

In the vial: fruity cream, warm and yummy.

On my skin: ewwww. Tart, cloying grapefruit and some other obscenely sweet thing. After awhile, this turns into Fruity Pebbles exactly, which isn't so bad, but not really good, either. Later still, the clotted cream and pear come out to play, but I still smell grapefruit. It is a less sickening version of the sadly atrocious Mi-Go brain cannister. Meh.

Oh my, that's buttery. Butter and fruit, not exactly my most favourite combination around. After a while something spicy comes out (the pink pepper I suppose) and it helps make the scent a bit better, but only so I can think that I'm happier with Gluttony. I'm guessing the butter note is coming from the clotted cream, but it's sadly not the kind of cream that I like. A bit too sweet methinks. Now after 2 hours the blend has completely calmed down and I'm left with slightly creamy fruits with a sweet note. It's not bad, but the wet stage really puts me off so I'll be passing on this.

Holy!!!

I love it!!!!

In the bottle I wasn't sure how well this would go over, as it seems almost cloyingly sweet. I figured I'd give it a shot today just for fun. Diary settled down very nicely upon application and reminds me a lot of Fruit of Paradice, but with a shot of smooth cream.

Fantastic! It's not too sweet, and a fruity sort of sweetness is absolutly amped out by my skin. It seems to have a nice throw, and is lasting very well today. I really love this one!

In the bottle: citrus and cream, almost nauseatingly sweet.

Wet: mmmm good. I can smell the grapefruit and cream, cut by the ginger. It's not nearly as sweet outside the bottle.

Drydown: I can also pick out the pepper, pear, and candyfloss.

The single note I can't discern from this is the blood lily. I'm not even sure what that smells like. That may be why I can't detect it.

This really is a fascinating scent--"deranged" is actually not at all a bad description of the combination. A keeper for sure.

Seems to have below-average wearlength, average to good throw.

Imp: mmm, peppery and citrusy. nice and different.

Wet: That same citrusy peppery scent, with a little ginger undertone. Nice.

Drydown: Ginger and citrus and not much else, which is disappointing. Not unpleasant, but not what I was hoping for.

foodie! very very foodie! but I like it, the lemon and the vanilla are coming through strongly with the pepper and cream in the background. It doesn't seem to last long, it has already faded to almost nothing in just a half hour.

I didn't look at the notes before I put this on, and when I sniffed it, I thought, "Hmmm, smells like tangerine and cream with a mild dark spice." OK, so I was off with the tangerine. I guess grapefruit and pear smells like that to me. But the cream and pink pepper are quite noticeable.

This is probably more cream than anything with a nice sweet fruity overtone and that cute pink pepper. Mostly, I think "cute" is the best way to describe this one.

In the bottle: Mmm, foodie. Darker than I expected at first, almost coffee scented. On second whiff, it's fruitier, but still spicy.

On, wet: Mmm, a juicier foodie scent than anything I have. There's some vanilla, and still something spicy, but it smells like fruit, too.

Drying: Well, not so delish anymore. The lemon is out, and it's all I can smell besides a tiny bit of spice far, far in the background. Please get yummier! :P

Dry: Barely there. A bit less lemon-y, with a whiff of cotton candy, and that spiciness in the background. A nice, light scent. I wish it was a little bit more like what's in the bottle...maybe in a scent locket? Hmm.

In the bottle, I get vanilla cream!! with a hint of grapefruit and pear. Excellent start.

On my skin, I get the brightness of the grapefruit and pear, the warmth of the pink pepper, and the sweetness of the vanilla cream.

When it dries, mmmm, it's such a great blend of the fruitiness of the grapefruit & pear and the foodiness of the vanilla cream - definitely a keeper for someone like me, who loves foody scents.

Initial thoughts: I'm unsure on this one. I want to love the concept, and some of the notes are real stars for me (Cream, ginger, pear) but the pink pepper, grapefruit and lemon candyfloss is making me a tad nervous.

In the bottle: Haribo gummi bears. It's got a tingly edge, but I'm not getting citrus sharp, which is a good start. I've stated before that I hate 'sweetshop' smells (Well, modern ones at any rate) but the last scent I tried that smelt like confectionary was Shango, and that, well... that was a good day.

On the wrist, wet: Woah, woah, woah, grapefruit. Really SHARP grapefruit. Ouch. And sugary lemon. Christ, strait away I get the two notes I really didn't want. This does not bode well. I think there's some pepper in there as well. Citrus doesn't tend to last on me, and I really hope this is gonna go away. The throw is spectacular (Not always a plus).

Ten minutes later: The hint of airfreshener I'm slowly coming to associate with grapefruit. Something dark and a bit... hmm, not unpleasant, but nasty in the undertone. Gummibears in the throw (That's really nice - I don't know what notes are doing it, but I suspect it's the cream and the pear)

Fifteen minutes later: Yummmmmmmeh! The airfreshener's almost gone (Almost, but like I Married A Vampire... it's shrunk down to skinhugging distance) and now I'm getting juicy pears with vanilla cream and a hint of ginger. This is REALLY good. I picked the right scent to wear to the funfair.

The verdict: Keeper. Not really my kind of a smell, so it's probably going to be worn infrequently, but definately a keeper just for the 'YAY GUMMI BEARS!' boost.

Tl;Dr: Strong citrus that fades into edible gummi bear goodness. Tangy but edibly sweet.

Whoa! At first this smells like how I imagined Love's Philosophy SHOULD smell on me... rich and creamy.

It doesn't take long for there to be a tiny bit of citrus hiding in there... lemon? No, grapefruit. Oh man, I want to eat this. It smells like a cookie frosted with vaguely fruity icing. As time goes on it becomes more fruity and less creamy. Delicious and totally not what I expected!

I might have to track down a bottle of this. (why do I find myself saying this so often?)

In the bottle: Grapefruit and Bubblegum...very sweet

Drying: bubblegum flavor slowly leaving, so now very grapefruit and a very subtle pepper scent is sneaking through the background...

Dry: Woah! pure spice; the grapefruit has left the building! (well, a small hint of it in the background remains, perhaps it was scared into a corner by the pepper and ginger?)

Overall: a lovely scent! Though i do prefer the way it smelled drying than dry, I still love the hint of grapefruit mixed with the pepper and ginger. <3

Preconceptions: Bottle art is really cute, and I love almost any Lab scent with candyesque notes, so this one should be a winner. The clotted cream scares me a little, but I usually like the Lab's cream blends.

In the Imp: Deliciously citrus, grapefruit and a touch of cream

Wet on skin: Foody, creamy with a blast of grapefruit. Really good, I am salivating...

Drydown: The initial (top) notes of the grapefruit and ?pear are balanced by the vanilla and cream. This reminds me of Bigger Critters only with cream and then the lemon floss develops--its drier and sweeter. I think there are light florals rounding things out as well, if I have to guess, maybe lemon blossom or linden blossom--very light and unobtrusive. Overall the dry phase is totally scrumdiddliumpicious. Good throw. The only rub is that it doesn't last long--I must keep slathering.

Overall impression: I think this will be insanely popular as its foody and sweet and girly at the same time. The drydown for me is the best part, as the fruitier wet phase is a bit much, but I like both wet and dry phases. The lemon candyfloss is sweet, dry, and candyish--demure and a little unbalanced, not unlike the name of the blend. Cute concept, hilarious artwork, as usual the scent hits the target on the bullseye. Must get a big bottle.

Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal-

In Bottle: Pink bubblegum!

Wet: Pink bubblegum, and a hint of pepper and grapefruit.

Dry: Sweetness mixed with citrus. It's a significant candy effect--I think someone here said "lemon cupcake" and that's a great place to begin with it, but that tiny little hint of pepper makes it subtler. And I think the ginger does too. It's really yummy!

Overall: Yummy and subtlely candylike!

Eeeee I love this!!

Smells very foodie to me, something more than just bubblegum which I can't quite distinguish. Hollywood Bablyon was pure bubblegum to me, but this isn't as 'in your face'. Love it!

:P

Oh how I wish this were in the permanent collection! This is a wonderful amalgamation of all the things I like best in a scent: Sort of creamy-foody, with a bit of spice and a hint of sweet fruit and candy. I loved wearing this in cooler weather, and had some misgivings about how it would react on my skin in the summer heat... but it continues to be just glorious in the most fun way. And this is the scent that does not fade: A whole work-day later and people are still telling me I smell nice!

I won a decant of this in a charity auction on the LJs. That way, I can pretend my BPAL addiction is for a good cause...

In the bottle: Sweet, sweet, sweet. I usually love candy scents, but this is a little much.

On skin: The sweet isn't as overwhelming on my skin, for which I'm grateful. I think the most accurate thing I can say is that it's... fizzy. Definitely more of the candyfloss and lily than anything else, but with a nice, solid, spicy backing.

I probably won't be buying more of this, but I'll definitely be using my imp up.

I waited until late in February to try to order this and it was sold out. In my stoopid desperation, I bought a bottle on Ebay for half a fortune, thinking vanilla, grapefruit, ginger, and pear, oh my!

In the bottle: The ginger and vanilla are predominent with a indistinct fruitiness.

Initially on: These notes should be working. They're all there, but it ends up cacophonous. Very spicy-gingery with cloying sweetness.

Changes to: Same heavy ginger, but I smell a light fruitiness at the end. I'm thinking the lemon candy-floss.

Overall: Sad, really sad. Smelling this makes me queasy. Unfortunately, has good staying power and good throw.

YUM!

It smells very fruity in the bottle but that all changes when it's applied to my skin.

I can really smell the pink pepper and a spicyness at first and there's the faintest hint of a fizzy lemon smell which is yummy too.

It's much more spicy than I expected. I always amp vanilla and sweet things to a crazy level!! The ginger is there alot too in the beginning and it's a lovely blend overall.

The cream and vanilla come forward a tiny bit as it's drying, but it's getting spicier and spicier, it's verging on almost smelling like cinnamon...

Whoa this is changing fast...after bout another 5 mins the cinnamony spice is mellowing..and it's now turned into a faint cream, with a slight fruity background...

How very bizzare?? I'm keeping it!

I am a foody whore that specializes in sweet. So DLTC is pure sticky sweet heaven to me. I think this maybe the sweetest blend I've ever tested and I just wallow in it like a fat, happy pig.

It isn't overly cloying though, because the ginger and citrus keeps things tangy. I so wish I had a bottle, my decant isn't going to last very long at all.