Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
olive

Defututa

As FeyoftheFellwood said above, Defutata is a serious reminder of why I should revisit the GC more often.  This is a gorgeous olive blossom and vanilla scent. Somehow it transports me to another place, another world, reminiscent of something from my past.  What a fantastic blend!  

I originally tried this because it was suggested as similar to my beloved Like The Very Gods. Both are good, but the impression they give on my skin chemistry ends up being very different. Defututa is a milky, fuzzy vanilla cinnamon. behind that, I get an impression of soft florals. There's an extremely faint smoky spiciness that tickles my nose, but it's primarily a vanilla floral. It gives me the impression of a pink blush. But it's like wearing cozy pajamas after a hot shower. Very clean, warm and soft.

When I first got the imp of Defututa it did go sunblocky and plastic on me, so I didn't try it again for a while. But I tried it on today and it seems like it's matured into what I described above. So that's great!

Edited by amokslime

In the imp this was very sharp jasmine with the barest hint of honey and vanilla. I got a tiny bit on my finger when opening the imp and swiped that on my wrist before actually truly testing, and on my skin it turned to mothballs. It’s so mothbally that my mouth is doing that whole bitter watering, and that was after I washed it off. Normally I don’t have an issue with jasmine, but this combination just did NOT work for me.