Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
olive

Defututa

Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.

first take: Smells like the popular kid's pony figurines from the 80's..

Wet: ok, if I wasn't fully inhaling, yes it would still smell that way to me. However it becomes less synthetic smelling when it opens up. Olive blossom is very under-rated. This is nice.

Drydown: it doesn't work for me. I smell like plastic pony toys again :(

It's a very green, smoky sweet sort of scent, and it's the same on my skin. Not quite sure what to think of this. We'll see what happens. Ends up being a smoky sweet scent, don't think this is quite bottle material, but will keep the imp.

Edited by Venneh

This one worried me with the jasmine note....

Wet on skin, it's mostly honey and vanilla. Really sweet, almost too sweet.

Dries down to a floral & honey vanilla scent, but thankfully the jasmine doesn't stand out for me.

This morpher starts out on me as a fragrant pineapple-coconut, and after 15 minutes changes into a gorgeous creamy champaca with a sweet vanilla base. Not much staying power, but its worth it. I need a full bottle because this one LOVES my skin!

:joy:

imp: i get dark vanilla patchouli with some spicy florals. complex even in the imp!

wet: the florals come out more (I can't tell them apart, really), and i get a sandalwood note. the sweetness of the vanilla went away, and there's no honey,

either.

Drydown: weird. Usually I amp honey. Maybe there's something else here that's taking over? I don't get any cinnamon, either. Just an earthy floral smell. It's not bad, but I'm not terribly excited about it.

Dry: Oh, ha ha, just kidding, there's the honey. The florals are still present as well. I think I might keep this.

Note: I tried this at the same time as Dana O'Shee, and I must say my wrists smell very good together! It beefs up the vanilla and honey in Defututa when I hold them both close to my nose.

It's a heady floral, which I like, but the honey note makes it very sweet, which I don't like.

The honey note is a lot less strong then in other blends I have tried where it was too intense. Like giving me a headache intense. This is much better than that, a honey I can wear.

The florals behind the honey are pungent, I can really smell the jasmine and champaca. I can't seem to smell any cinnamon though. And maybe it is the sandalwood that isn't making the honey scream HONEY! on my skin, but I don't get much of that either. I don't get much smoke from the vanilla as well, which would help me like it more.

I get honey, vanilla and jasmine with a slight backdrop of champaca. It smells good, but it is something I probably wouldn't wear after this initial test. I wish the cinnamon and sandalwood would come out more. It reminds me of jasmine lotion from Bath and Body Works I once had. The "tanning salon" comment from a review up above is spot on. The thing is, I am not a tanning salon sort of girl. :(

I recommend this to people who like vanilla, honey and jasmine and also to people who have a hard time with honey amping up on their skin that like vanilla jasmine blends. This one, in that respect, isn't so bad.

It's too tropical and beachy for my taste and I end smelling like tanning oils, pineapple and honey.

Postscript: As I wear it (it has been about an hour) the pineapple amps up. Not my thing. Yuck.

Edited by Madame Nyx

I get the pineapple note some have described along with the vanilla, honey, olive blossom and sandalwood. It's pleasant and fruity, a good summertime scent.

IN THE IMP: Mostly honey, some vanilla, some jasmine.

WET: Mostly honey, the kind in Honey Moon, not the kind in O. Creamy vanilla and light jasmine in the background. A bit of champaca (also light, and a little bit juicy) starts to show up as it dries. And I think I'm getting the olive blossom, too, but it's mellow and blends with the honey. I'm very happy so far with the way the florals are NOT taking over.

DRY: The olive blossom and champaca combine to make a fruity floral with a hint of olive oil behind it (no, really) that just takes over the other notes. It doesn't amp like crazy the way champaca sometimes does on me, but it's dominant enough that I can't smell much else. If I sniff up close, I can still detect the honey and a bit of the vanilla, but they really can't compete with the fruity-floral-olive scent.

I had no idea what this word meant, but I could tell this was going to be a sexy scent. This is very reminscent of O to me. Except it has more vanilla in the background.

It must be my skin chemistry because there is no jasmine or cinnamon that I can smell. It definitely smells sexy. Just like O, like honey and vanilla and body sweat (the good kind!). Honestly, I think strippers usually wear some sort of coconut oil, but this could be a stripper scent or a sexy madam. The smell of the upscale bordello when you walk in.

Throw seems decent enough. I can keep catching whiffs of it without seeking it out. i don't know about other folks around me. And it seems to be lasting for a few hours. But I'm kinda slathering it all over since I'm really loving it.

Sexeh!

This goes from being a lovely warm floral when wet, to a spicy, smoky vanilla-musk on drydown. Seems to have pretty decent throw, and lingering well so far. Glad I bought a bottle of this!

Wet, this smells like that pink penicillin medicine I had to take as a kid.

Of course, the florals are amping...of course!

It smells like there MIGHT be other things under those sickening florals, but what it is, I'll never know.

Another sweet floral mess on me. :((

:::DEFUTUTA:::

Defututa is a very... Goddess-like fragrance.

The most noticeable notes from the just-opened Imp are the Honey, Vanilla, Sandalwood, and Champaca...

If this were skin, it would cry out for the ministrations of your mouth like an ice cream on the verge of having a melt...

The Jasmine is currently preoccupied elsewhere; likely trying to find out where Cinnamon and Olive Blossom are hiding.

On the Skin: Oh, Hi, Jasmine!

Jasmine and Champaca are now ganging up on poor Olive Blossom, walloping her with Cinnamon sticks while Sandalwood and Vanilla snicker maliciously on the sidelines.

Defututa is a crazy-good fragrance!

(Schnanni, you would LOVE this!!!)

Imagining this as a unisex fragrance is a lovely thought, however, Defututa reigns as a fragrance for Her, exclusively.

Defututa is a lovely, Lust-out-loud fragrance that would reduce a strong man to tears.

Hot! Hot! Hot!

5 out of 5!

I had really high hopes about this one... despite the sandalwood (I just can't do sandalwood. A scent will start out gorgeous, lush, and 30 minutes later... you end up with dry, intense sandalwood, nothing else).

Wet, it has this wonderful floral nuttiness (? I don't know how else to describe it) and as it dries, the honey and sandalwood become much more prominent. I really liked this, I did... but its just not perfect for me.

it becomes sugary sweet sandalwood, and that just won't do.

I love the fragrance of Jasmine flowers, such a green sweetness on a summer breeze. However, Jasmine perfume tends to morph into something too strong, acidric and brassy when I wear it. Though I love the idea of Jasmine, I've avoided such notes in bpal for the most part because of it's pee-like morph. So much heartbreak I have had over the years trying to wear bpal Jasmine. So I wasn't too optimistic when I got a frimp with my last order.

Defututa is delightful. It is the scent of jasmine flowers, not Jasmine perfume. This is the Jasmine perfume I've always wanted. Something about the honey, vanilla and sandalwood makes this a warm, mood-boosting, almost giddy scent that seems to be bottled directly from that wafting breeze. It's sexy the way bare skin and laughter is sexy. It is grounded with such a green earthy sweetness thanks to the olive blossom, even the champaca stays in line. This is a perfect summer scent.

I love this! So getting a bottle with my next order.

Oh holy smokes :o This is wonderful! As the poster above me said, this is like smelling a breeze through a jasmine vine.

When I tried it on my skin the first time I knew it'd have to be a bottle purchase eventually!

In the Imp: This is a bit more cologney, but reminds me a lot of Snow White (plus olive blossom) in the imp. I can smell honey, jasmine, and something a bit dirty.

Wet on Skin: A bit plastic-y... no cinnamon... no sandalwood... jasmine scented plastic with just a touch of honey in the background. I'm not sure what champaca smells like. The vanilla is probably responsible for the plastic scent.

While Drying: Not terrible. The jasmine is actually keeping in check.

After a Little While: This reminds me a lot of Snow White… plus jasmine. Somehow, it is better than either of those on me, but still not really my thing.

Final Thoughts: Jasmine is usually a deal-breaker note for me, so I was surprised to find this appealing in the imp. No such luck on the skin.

Defututa earns a 3/5 on my skin.

In the bottle: Very sweet and deceptively slinky. I get the honey, maybe a tang of the cinnamon, and bit of a floral. In the bottle, I can see where this is a cousin of O.

Wet on skin: The honey is still prominent and wanting the attention all to itself, but it's surrounded by other scents that are clearly willing to fight for it.

On the dry-down: I really expected the cinnamon to be a bit stronger in this, and honestly, I was afraid due to the olive blossom it would smell like Extra Virgin Olive Oil. But neither is the case. It's a sweet, slightly spicy, honeyed floral.

Dry: This is very feminine to me. I'm not getting much (if any) vanilla or sandalwood. But I do think a bit of the "smoke" from the smokey vanilla is coming out. The honey is almost completely tempered and not fighting for front, instead it's wound it's way to the back to hold up everything else. Sweetly soft and feminine. Hmm ... I'm getting a little bit of a "soap" scent out of this. Not a bad soap, more of an expensive one and so I don't mind so much. But I think it's the jasmine that's the culprit.

Overall, I like this blend much better than it's cousin, O - which in the end, smells nothing like it, but it's kind of what I wish O had smelled like on me.

Edited by claudia6913

this starts out sweet candied powdery vanilla-rose, and then turns to pineapple, but i didn't place the pineapple note until reading the reviews.

it's a very pretty, laid back type of scent. i could see putting this on a kid, or a pre-teen without a problem. it's very gentle, and honestly it's a better rose on my skin (maybe because it's not actually rose?). i do like it, however, i don't ever see myself wearing it.

this may actually be the opposite of sexy to me, though it's also not the fault of the blend. this smells like what i think the stereotypical victorian would smell like- feminine, pretty, but ultimately safe. i studied victorian through jazz age sexuality as an undergrad and this conjures up ideas of covered piano legs and corsets. it's very pretty for what it is, but again, i'm not sure i would actually wear it.

I get cinnamon and olive blossom with a touch of honey. These notes, which are all okay-to-wonderful individually, combine to smell like odd waxy-sweet cinnamon. Not bad per se, and even quite interesting to smell, but not what I want to smell like.

At first I wasn't too sure about this blend. The notes sounded gorgeous, but in the vial it was a bit too fruity for my tastes. And the first time I tried it, it was kind of like a piña colada. But then! I tried it again, several days later, and wow! Everything just blossomed! It turned into this beautiful smoky, honeyed, slightly fruity vanilla that's just so wonderful. It's not overly floral, which I'm perfectly okay with, since florals go a little weird on me most of the time.

It's a languid, sexy, relaxed skin scent, and, in a weird way, this is what I imagine a Bollywood film would smell like. Golden, sexy, smoky, exotic, and just really happy. I absolutely adore this, and I will definitely be needing a big bottle.

At first this is all honey and vanilla on me. It's very light and subtle -- a good second skin scent. Later I get some cinnamon, but it's very gentle -- more like snickerdoodles than Red Hots. The other notes don't seem like they're going to show up to the party.

It's soft and comforting and sweet and pretty. I'll probably keep it for those reasons alone, even though I typically don't go for those kinds of scents.

I don't normally try blends with a lot of scents in them as they tend to turn into a fight on my wrist, however I love jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood so wanted to give this one a go. In the bottle I can smell jasmine and jelly babies! Definately jelly babies because the smell is fruity (champaca flowers, olive blossom?) with a powdry icing sugar smell (smoky vanilla?), very odd! When I put this on I still smelled jelly babies underneath but the jasmine had merged with the smokey vanilla to smell just like Lush's Silky Underwear, very nice. That didn't last long though and I ended up with a slight jelly baby smell for the rest of the day. I was working in the garden (clearing up some pesky cat's poop) and was delighted to be able to smell the perfume instead of the constant smell of cat toilet (I have to chase the bleeder away whenever I see him, damn him and his cute little face). However it's not a scent I am particularly keen on, it's nice enough but I can't see a time when a jelly baby smell would ever be called for!

In the imp: Spicy, boozy, and bright.

Wet on skin: Egads, it smells like too-floral old-lady perfume! :blink: Somehow too bright and a little dusty at the same time (dusty may be associated with decrepit old ladies, lol).

Drying: It's starting to warm up - I can smell the vanilla and honey. I still smell the floral, but maybe the old lady getting younger/hipper as it dries. I can only barely catch the jasmine (when my wrist is all up in my nose, lol) and none of the sandalwood.

I'll edit in a few hours after it's completely dried and settled, but as it stands now this will not be a full-bottle purchase.

ETA: So I found out I probably went a little overboard applying it. I dabbed a little off and it stopped assaulting my sinuses and became pleasantly feminine and sweet, with a bit of spice. I'll try it again (with gentle dabs, not slathers) before I make a final decision. ;)

ETA again: This is a big old no. My sinuses just don't like it. To the swaps wit' ye!

Edited by Sionann

In the imp and wet- Super sweet and strangely artificial smelling.

On dry down- Becomes a wonderfully spicy, honeyed floral. There's just enough jasmine to give it a vaguely fresh floral smell and the cinnamon makes it smell warm and inviting. A sexy soft scent.

I'm getting mostly honey and olive blossom on a smooth, creamy base. It reminds me of an olive oil body cream I have, with just a touch of florals. Very rich and luxurious.