Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nightgaunt

Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge

Cream accord, amber, teak, and lotus blossom.

Wow. Just wow.

This is an amazing scent. I /just/ missed the salon (I was enabled, but not addicted), and finally tracked, hunted and bought one.

In the bottle, however, it was a bitter scent. My heart kind of sank - I had spent a lot of money on this, and I wasn't going to like it?

Hah, I was WRONG. Wet, I really smelled the vanilla and cream, and then during the drydown, the teak and amber came shining through - it smelled like I should be looking at this gorgeous piece of oiled wood, with the oil smelling lightly of vanilla, and touching the wood, it would be satiny smooth.

I'm so glad I have this. :P

Wet: nice. teak for sure. I give this a B-; I don't know if I want to wear it, but it would smell OK on someone else. i'm not blown away. I don't see what the big deal is about.

Three hours later at the bar: oh dear God. I'm orgasmic. My vulva is glowing. The scent transformation is unbelivable! I am in love; I feel like have this rich peach flourescent pink floating around me. I don't have the skilled note vocabulary to describe this...all I know is I NEED it!!

ADDED April 17:

Sometimes when people go nuts for an oil, I have to get my hands on a decant and see what the fuss is about; yes, I'm a follower :D

I am many times disappointed; see my review on Madame Moriarty...however, I am so glad I tracked down a decant of Glowing Vulva...

:P wow. I'm in love with my wrist. I want to marry it and make sweet, sweet love to it. I knew the notes were right up my alley; I'm a huge fan of Agrat Bat Malahat. But when the glowing vulva met my skin, well, it was like the explosions on that KY Jelly commercial.

Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge

Bought this fresh from the Lab - thought it smelled like soured cream when I first tried it...but thought there was potential lurking under that sour note.

So I let it age since March and decided to try it again.

In the Bottle:

HEAVY cream and bitter herbs.

Ok - the cream part makes sense, but the 'bitter' and 'herbs'?

On my Skin, Wet:

The herbs aren't as bitter and they morph into the Teak note - it definitely takes on a wooden scent.

Cream subdues and amps a Vanilla current instead.

There is a gentle note somewhere in here, and I can't tell if it's the amber or the lotus blossom trying to surface from under the vanilla cream river and around the teak boat.

On my Skin, Dry:

I should note here that most BPAL scents tend to fade somewhat as they dry - but not this one!

on the contrary, this one gets more powerful and potent the longer I wear it! that *might* be a first for me!

Anyways, it's amber that has surfaced at this stage.

I also detect a return of that herb note from the bottle - I think I can attribute that to the Lotus Blossom since there is no other explanation :P

so, I am left with the following image for 'Glowing Vulva':

A thick Cream river with shores of bitter herbs; and as I embark on the little Teak boat, the river becomes less thick and more of a sweet Vanilla Cream river slowing flowing under my little Teak boat - a very relaxing journey.

As the sun warms the river, little golden Amber fish appear just under the surface of the Vanilla Cream river and around the perimeter of my little Teak boat.

The little Amber fish smell warm and slightly powdery - something a fish can never be, but hey - it's nice of them to smell like something other than 'fish', right?

So there it is:

a nice little surrealish image that this scent conjures for me :D

8 of 10 Ranking!

In the Imp

Strong on the teak, this reminds me of a slightly more feminine Antikythera Mechanism. It positively glistens and has a sweet warmth about it. I can see why everyone is in love.

On Me

OOOOOOHBOY, this is nice. The teak's still very strong, and the creaminess stays there-- it's almost a vanillin scent but the warmth and the woodiness adds something. It's pretty, but classy and beautiful at the same time.

It fades down to a soft, dry wood with a touch of sweet vanilla. There's *something* there suggesting florals, but not overly so-- it's not a floral perfume on me at all. I'm worried like all shit that someone's going to compliment me on it and I'll have to tell them what it is! (I wore it into work; silly me.)

Love it, regret not buying a bottle, and am now aware of why everyone else loves it.

Edited by LadyLuckDoubt

This is quite interesting. I've never smelled anything quite like GV before. The lotus blossom scared me, but I don't detect it at all. What I do detect is a beautiful, creamy amber vanilla balanced by something sharp, which I'm guessing is probably the teak. I really like this, and will probably enjoy the imp for special occasions.

So I decide to finally test this properly for the first time and I dropped it, open, 3 times, spilling 2/3 of it. I hate my life.

In bottle: Very creamy and buttery. Warm. Like the pumpkin note without the pumpkiny part.

Wet: Bit of spice now, a comfortable sort of creamy, spicy, somewhat musky scent.

Dry: Oh wow, the lotus is beautiful. Most of the spice is gone, and it just seems to be vanilla with lotus. I do know what lotus smells like, after all! Still, I wouldn't call it an orgasmic scent. A stellar daytime scent, slightly flirty, but mostly professional. However, I think I'll opt for something a little less expensive as a regular.

Edited by likie

This. Is. Simply. DIVINE!!!

Somewhere I get strawberry, but overall it's just warm, smooth and intoxicating.

It actually makes me salivate when I smell it! Has a wonderful throw, and excellent staying power.

I love it!

I tried this when I first purchased it and something in it was kind of sharp so I put it away for a while hoping that it would mellow just a bit. It did and now it smells fantastic.

Warm and sweet and a bit fruity to my nose. It has a similar feel as Haloes, though they don't really smell alike. It is very creamy and a bit woody, but very gentle. It really does smell sort of golden to me, like a warm summer sunset. Has fantastic lasting power on my skin too.

When I first bought this, it had a tendency to go plasticky on my skin, but now that its aged, it seems to behave.

Bottle: Sweet buttery vanilla woods.

Wet: Buttery vanilla (almost caramel-y) over polished woods. This is a bit sweeter and foodier than Antikythera Mechanism, but really its almost a dead ringer on my skin.

Dry: Sweet carmel-toned vanilla with slight woodsiness.

Overall: If you like this, try the A. Mechanism. No joke.

Glowing Vulva is very much a creamy amber on me. It reminds me a bit of Black Opal which has the same kind of smooth, powdery-ness to it. I can see why people love it, but I'm happy with just an imp for when the mood strikes. Vanilla fans who like Love's Philosophy will like this.

PS: My boy cat seems to really like it. He sniffed my hand for a bit then started licking me.

Edited by Teggy

Oh, my! I did not expect to like this one!!

The cream offers the perfect amount of sweetness to a light floral/woody scent. I don't normally like wood scents at all, but it blends perfectly with the lotus.

I don't normally like scents that even have a hint of foodiness to them (I like how they smell, but I wouldn't want to smell like them), but this is a major keeper for me! In fact, I think I might have to search around for some more.

Everyone should try this scent once. Even if they have doubts. It is a nice sweet, but not overpoweringly so, flower.

Holy crow, this is S-E-X-Y. It's creamy, lush, decadent with the barest bit of teak underneath. My boss complimented me on it today, and I *almost* told him the name... ALMOST.

Glowing V. is definitely my number one "orgasmically good" BPAL. It kind of makes me want to moan when I smell it.

In hopes of a Luper update, and all the recent talk about GV, I just had to break out my decant. GV is warm, creamy and utterly fabulous. It has aged really beautifully, and I can imagine what more time will bring.It reminds me of haloes. The melding of teak, amber and cream accord flow together seamlessly and sort of stun you into silence. The lotus blossom for me is very quiet and hides in the background, letting the other three notes be the stars of the blend. Sexy, warm and inviting.

Edited by Schmoozy

In the Bottle ♦ Cream and silky woods.

Initial Application ♦ There's something hauntingly familiar about it, still there is nothing else like it. Delicate cream like white petals falling in a warm gentle rain. The intimate diffusion of pettable amber. Rubbed teak boards you want to lie nude on in Spring sunlight. All kissed with a fragile blush of hinted sweetness.

Dry Down ♦ A gossamer nectar of gauzy cream and dusky glowing wood almost elusive as separate entities. This scent evokes drifting thoughts of touch. Subtle and loving touch. Wearing it, I can even feel a slight weight where it lingers, like kind enamored fingers leading me into a warm wooden room full of windows and natural light. Talking and laughing wrapped in the afterglow of delicious skin and love.

Emotional. Nerves awake, daydreaming in the afterglow broken through my body. This is an almost tangible sensation. There is a calm like after a deep cry, only derived from splendor instead. Perfect love glowing in the hazy texture of perfect physical love of only moments ago.

Beautiful to the edge of tears.

ETA: This is aging like fine wine.

Edited by ObsidianSwirl71

Glowing vulva on me is creamy wood. I can understand why it`s so popular, it`s golden, purple and unusual, but I can`t bring myself to love it. I blame the teak cause it`s a constant fail note.

i got frimped with a few drops of this in a recent swap. i was still quite a newbie when this was available, hadn't been to a will call yet, had no idea how to assess notes, and was wary of trying things un-sniffed since the couple bottles i *had* tried were awful on me. still, even now, i would probably pass it by because the notes just don't seem that interesting, and it smells like sour milk in the imp. OH how wrong i was! now i know what all the fuss is about!

this scent is GORGEOUS and it smells NOTHING like i imagined it would. it's heavy and heady, a very exotic oriental type but in a class of it's own. it's perfumy without being "department store" or cloying, but it *is* strong. I, who must usually slather the oil on my greedy scent eating skin, can wear just a reasonable swipe of this without it disappearing. nice long wear too- i put a little on tonight before i went dancing at a hot sweaty club and i can still smell it quite clearly ten hours later!

if this ever gets resurrected (or i win the lottery ;) ), i'm definitely buying a bottle or two. til then, i'll just keep ferreting outs decants to tide me over.

Edited by butcherbaby

In the imp: ahahaha well, I can actually see this being a stylized version of a true glowing vulva scent.. it's creamy, sweet, slightly earthy, clean and sharp. Lotus blossom is the only note I can't really detect. It is very unique and definitely awesome.

Wet: Definitely can get the lotus blossom now.. it just added the slightest green/moist note. The teak is very very apparent, and with the cream the affect is similar to how cream cheese frosting smells to me-- creamy, buttery but with that acidic tang.

Dry: I believe somewhere I read someone describing this as a very round scent.. and I totally understand. When you sniff this it envelops your.. nostrils, I guess, and comes across as full bodied. It's very warm and supple. I'm not a teak-ophile, but if I was this would be like the holy grail. I'm very very pleased that I got to try this one, and will save my little sniffy for a very special occasion, but I don't think I need to track down a bottle.

ETA: after scanning the review above I have to say that it IS a lot like Antikythera Mechanism.. but on me Glowing Vulva is much much more feminine, whereas Antikythera Mechanism remained more gender neutral to masculine on me.. but they are definitely in the same family.

Edited by MCS4096

Hmmmm....this is pretty good! I do detect the luscious creamy undertone from Pickled Imp, as a previous reviewer stated. It is very sexy and pretty and glowing...Creamed honey incense over smooth polished teak. I'm ecstatic to have a few decants of it! I like woodsy smells, so I think if I got just a touch more teak it would push me over the edge into unbridled lust over this blend (though I feel that way about most everything! Everything in my world could use more sandalwood!)

ETA: So, this is one of those blends that needed a bit of time to grow on me, but those blends tend to be the ones that I end up loving the most and hoarding shamelessly. This is hot sex bottled...creamy, smooth, warm, sweet, a little salty, and more than a bit messy. The drydown gets quite incense-y on me, which makes this excessively wearable....though it's still hot sex incense, and I can only wear this when that's the kind of vibe I'm aiming to project.

I love GVaRB. I lurrrves it. For me, it's been a magical love potion which inspires unbridled lust...ymmv. ;)

Edited by OneTheyCallLuna

I was dying to try this since it seems to be one of the most-loved scents!

Wet: very strong and I disliked it.

On Skin: that heavy cloying scent disappeared almost instantly and fell into a heavy heavy musk for me. It actually really reminds me of small furries having hot sex! Like a vulva that is glowing in heat! I was hoping for something a bit creamier and lighter.

Later: It definitely has strong and very long lasting throw. Out in the cold and wind, it lasted forever!

So basically while I can see what all the raves were about, it's a bit TOO much for me! ((i can't handle the vulva ;P)

In the vial: Creamy and sweet. Smells yummy.

Wet: Creamy wood.

Dry: Okay, I'm not sure if I'm happy or depressed about this. There is a sourish-salty note to the sweet creaminess on my skin. Smells like sweat after sex. After about 15 minutes, that disappeared and is replaced by powdery lotus blossom and cream.

Overall: This is lovely. Quite different from what I had expected but still lovely. I definitely have to check Antikythera Mech out. :smile:

Got frimped with a testable sniffie in a recent purchase (thank you, kind forumite!).

In the imp: A sharp, slightly foody, almost boozy vanilla.

Wet: Hello teak. No matter the wood note, however small it may be, my skin will find it and amp it to high heaven. But the strange thing is... I don't mind here. It's a rich, deep teak that rounds out the vanilla and lotus peaking through.

Drydown: Mmm, the lotus and amber are balancing out the teak. It's still center stage, but they're a wonderful supporting cast.

Dry: Oh this is gorgeous. It turns into a swirl of rich, woody vanilla with whiffs of lotus and amber that come and go... there's something here that reminds me of Storyville in the end. Not the notes themselves, but the feel. And the wear-length is insane - some things that wear forever die down to skin scents that I can pleasantly smell when I wake in the morning. With this one, I didn't even need to bury my nose in my wrist to smell it the next day.

I need to bathe in this. I need to trade a kidney for this.

In the imp: Man, this stinks. It smells like vinegar.

On, wet: Yes, vinegar and baby powder.

On, dry: Okay, it's a little better now -- the vinegar smell has mellowed and now it's a softer powder smell, light and airy but not altogether pleasant. The throw isn't great, and on me, the application was completely gone in about an hour. Thank gods this doesn't work on me -- I don't have to go crazy trying to find it!

I am calling this review part 2. I received this imp in a swap....aged. I must say that this is absolutely beautiful. When I tried this a year ago it was nothing but teak and cream...sour cream at that. But now....this has become a cream that softly mixes with teak...swirling together to create a beautiful creamy teaky cloud on my skin. :lol: I love it...I am happy to keep this decant...but I dont need to track down a bottle.

In the bottle: Deep peachy-orange oil. Sweet, creamy, woody, warm. I get loads of rich, creamy caramel, a fair bit of dry, exotic teak, and light, fragrant lotus (not the bubblegum sort).

Wet: Less sweet, more woody - the teak is very strong in this, almost cedar or rosewood like in its dry warmth. Less caramel and lotus.

Dry: Holy teak! Wow, amping! A little more cream, a very lovely, soft note that's not too rich. And some deep, slightly powdery stuff - amber. A heavy one.

Later: Sweetening, but it's not really lotus...it's that caramel note and maybe some vanilla. The cream is amping a bit more, too. Teak is less of a bully.

Summary: Dry, warm, somewhat sweet teak with lighter vanilla-caramel-cream and slightly powdery, rich amber. I don't get lotus in the final drydown. Good throw.

very warm and gorgeously sweet scent...not foody or candy sweet, but comforting cream/amber sweet.

a golden scent.

love it.