Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nightgaunt

Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge

Cream accord, amber, teak, and lotus blossom.

This velvety golden floral gives the feel of a warm, lazy day in some exotic Paradise, where the air smells of promised love. Soft, creamy and delecate, it evokes like the languid peace of afterglow.

Should anyoneask, however, I'll tell them that it's simply called "Glowing."

A seamlessly-blended creamy-soft and 'rounded' floral with the unmistakable crispness of teak. Very unusual and, I would say, a must-sniff.

In the bottle, the cream makes me think "foody".

Once on a delicate floral bouquet opens up in an old, wood panelled room.

EVER so slightly sweet and creamy, IMO the woods will win over wood-lovers who have issues with florals and/or

cream.

Nice and restrained. Not a gourmand for me. The creamy aspect contrasts nicely with the dryness of woods used.

Edited by Shollin

In the bottle - Glowing Vulva smells sort of foody, but I can't place it, other than a creamy, lemony, vanilla.

Wet and applied, upon drydown: Still a lovely vanilla creamyness. I am also getting something resiny; it's almost like pine. I assume it's the combination of teak and amber. I still get a fain sour-lemon smell, but it's nice and tart (like lemon curd). The lotus might be hanging around faintly, but I barely get it, which is fine by me, since I've noticed too many florals in the scents I've sniffed lately.

This scent is unique. I've not yet smelled anything even remotely similar to it.

I think this will win over those that like individual food notes without liking particularly foody scents. It's an incredibly comforting and warm scent.

GLOWING VULVA AT RYOGOKU BRIDGE

In Bottle: Creamy wood

On Skin: This has to be one of the best BPAL scents ever. I mean, it is drop dead sexy. My husband is very picky about scents, and he said this is his favorite perfume on me ever, hands down. He couldn’t stop smelling me after I applied it, and I’ve never seen a scent have such an arousing effect on him. So yeah, I love this scent. The cream in the dominant note, sweet and milky… like fresh crème poured over the body. The amber is powdery and soft… just begging to be rubbed. The teak is a nice base note, woody but also velvety soft, not earthy at all. The lotus blossom is a sweet floral, and doesn’t give way to the bubblegum effect it sometimes has. This blend is perfection, and the sexiest scent ever. Not sexy in your face raunchy like Smut… but sexy afterglow… that feeling of pure contentment. It is a very light scent, only your partner will know you’re wearing it as they continuously lean in and nibble at your skin. I want gallons of this, seriously. Lotions, bath oils, body sprays… everything in this scent. It has to be in my Top 3 BPAL scents ever. Light throw and medium wearlength.

Edited by slave1

Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge - This is my second-favorite of the NIFSA scents. It's very sexy and kind of foody and warm and woody and just stunning. Of the NIFSA blends, this is the one that first grabbed my attention and had to be the first one I tested. The scent is initially very warm and creamy, and it seems the amber and cream blend in a way that creates a scent that reminds me a lot of what tonka does on my skin (but there's no tonka in it). The teak smells almost like redwood, and lends a very red and woody aspect to this blend. It's quite strong and blends with the creamy and resinous notes amazingly well. I don't smell the lotus at all and was surprised to see it among the ingredients, as lotus is usually bubble-gum sweet on me, but this scent doesn't have that feature to it at all and I don't get even the remotest bit of a floral on my skin. Overall, it's very warm, creamy to the point of almost being sticky, and woody. It's highly sexual and I definitely see where Beth was going with this as it relates to her inspiration via this painting. The throw is very strong on me, but it wears off after only about two hours and needs to be reapplied...but it's well worth the reapplication.

Oh wowowowow. Oh wow.

I had to really steel myself to apply this - in the bottle, Glowing Vulva is hideously sweet & cloying, all heavy cream & sticky sweet lotus. As soon as it hits my skin, though, Glowing Vulva is miraculous - cream & this incredible teak note, resiny & spicy, underscored by the sweetness of the amber & lotus. For once, amber's behaving on my skin - slave1 nails it when she describes it as almost pettable, just a film of powder gliding over warm skin, lit by candles on teakwood boards, swathed in cream satin...

Whoo... is it hot in here? :fans self:

bottle: very creamy amber with a hint of woodsiness.

wet: very creamy, very sweet wood and amber scent. this is very rich and sweet without making me sick. impressive!

dry: creamy woodsy amber. perhaps a touch lighter once dry but still incredibly beautiful.

Wet: plasticky cream

On skin: still creamy plastic with a bit of dust from the amber

Half-hour later: this is the best stage, as the natural-smelling wood tames the fake-smelling cream

In conclusion: this was a disappointment after reading the previous glowing (hee!) reviews. Alas, the BPAL cream notes on me are either rapturous or extremely "off." Glad I got to see for myself, though.

This is elegant, sophisticated, delicate, sexy, and warm. It feels very yonic and very glowing, and so is perfect for the image. I am wearing about four scents right now, but I look forward to wearing this on it's own, and seeing how strong it is.

I was worried about the lotus blossom. I needn't have worried.

It's much creamier in the bottle than it is on skin.

This is gorgeous.

N.

Bottle: Cream! Like hit you in the face cream!

Wet: Cream, amber and teak! Mmm, yum!

Drydown: I wish the teak would come out more and play, it's hiding in the background. But I like this a lot. I'm not sure about a bottle, I'll have to try it again. It's very creamy and warm and comforting.

3.5 outta 5

In bottle/imp: Very perfume-y and creamy.

Immediately on skin: This is a creamy scent, but there’s other things going on as well. The teak is strong and rather perfume-y and sharp as opposed to smelling of wood. Lotus blossom is usually a very fruity bubble gum scent on me, and I can’t identify it at all here. The amber is present though, creating a golden feel.

After a little while: This is a very perfume-y creamy blend with a nice warmth. It reminds me strongly of Haloes, but Haloes is sweeter and muskier than this one. This still seems to have some sharpness to it, but that only happens when I sniff close to the skin; from further away it’s a much smoother scent. There’s a very soft sweet warmth to this, but it’s deep and comes after the teak hits my nose.

Overall Impressions: This is nice from further away because the scent that wafts from this is soft and warm and slightly perfume-y. Close to my skin though this is rather sharp from the teak. I like it, but it’s very similar to Haloes and I LOVE Haloes, so I’m not sure if I need a bottle of this one as well.

I love every Shunga blend, but this one is one of my four favorites.

I smell a touch of the cream, but this doesn't smell foody to me. Rather, I get a glowing golden-red tone with something that is almost spicy. If I hadn't peeked at the listing for this I would have likened this to having a note similar to Shub. What I think it is, instead, is the way that the amber and teak combine. It is simply gorgeous, highly unique, and very sensual. The amber and teak dominate the blend, but I get just a touch of cream and only the teeniest accent of lotus. This is a definite keeper, and one worth hoarding.

In imp: Too foody for me. On arm: well well, I have finally found something I amp. TEAK!!! Teak takes over everything. :P Alas. Another forumite suggested layering it with Loves Philosophy and using the cream note in it to balance this. Gonna give it a try, but otherwise, it's off to someone who will love it.

Hmmm.... :D

This smells like a creamy vanilla sandalwood scent to me. I am not familiar with teak as a scent, so I am sure that the woody teak is what is making me thing sandalwood.

This reminds me of Yosh's Trompeur (The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things), except much nicer. :P

I will be trying this one again - but I think it's one of my favorites from this Salon series. Sexy! Hypnotic! I can't stop sniffing myself....hehe

I absolutely love this! As soon as I sniffed the bottle I knew this one was one I would need bottles of. It is soft, sweet, a little spicy, woody and slather worthy. I felt better after rubbing it on too. It made me feel prettier and happier. As soon as I make my next order, I am adding on several bottles of this. This is love! :P

In Imp: Blast of cream. Don't want to put it on the skin, as this is the point in my cycle where Love's Philosophy and Milk Moon make me want to puke. But since I'm making a Lunacy order soon, I persist and try it anyway.

Wet: Sweet, creamy, not great, but not icky. Mostly 'meh'. I sniff it a couple times and proceed to put Harikata and Spell of Amorous Love on the other arm and forget about it.

Hour later: ::sniffs around:: Huh, why am I smelling aged Snake Oil? ::checks in bottle box to see if she's left the Snake Oil out or the lid off. Nope. Weird. ::sniffs air again:: Nope, definitely not the Harikata. That has its own distinctive scent cloud, and it's nowhere near as yummy as this whiff of Snake Oil. Also not Spell of Amorous Love, which is hiding behind the cloud o' Harikata.

Oh! ::sniffs arm she had originally tested on. Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge! ::glues nose to crook of elbow where it's applied:: ::tries to type like this:: ::fails::

I can't explain it. Those notes shouldn't be making this smell, but they are. This is very much a spicy, smooth, creamy vanilla being supported by an almost imperceptible as a separate note wood base. Love it. I'll wear it for a full day or two before I make the lunacy order, but this is hoard-worthy.

Edited by Luminara

Sometimes amber can be a bit overwhelming on my skin, but not in this blend. Glowing Vulva is very well-blended and it works very harmoniously on my skin, becoming a soft, warm, glowingly sexy scent that lasts a long time. It's got staying power, but it isn't in-your-face - it's really quite lovely.

At first Glowing Vulva reminded me strongly of HAEE's Voodoo Punani. It has that same creamy vanilla mixed with earthy woods. But this is mellower and it doesn't have the aged patchouli. Instead the amber and the teak create a smoky, incensy quality that envelops the cream accord and swirls seductively around me as I type. This blend is amazingly sexual and suggestive, evoking the art just a bit too much on a Wednesday morning as I sit in my cubicle at work. I think if any scent could make boys fall at your feet, this would be the one and that's before you told them the name! I want like 50 bottles of this so I can bathe in it.

I was a little hesitant about this one. I liked it in the vial but the cream seemed a little overpowering for me. On, the cream initially went a bit over the top (just briefly though) and then it settled. Now, some of the other notes are peeking out and it's becoming slightly darker but very smooth smelling because of the cream remnants. There may be a bottle of this in my future.

My new favorite! Oh my gosh! I love this!!!! Heavy on the cream note, with a soft, light, sweet woodsy incense. Not spicy at all. Amazing? Yes. Indescribable? Yes. A MUST TRY? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

straight sniff from bottle is just what jessiesquash said...HAEE voodoo punani!!

however, once applied this is entirely different...that smoky quality that seems to pop out immediately and

swirl with the powdery amber is very enticing and extremely complex...

this has strong sillage and too beautiful for words...go get a bottle .... now :P

in the bottle: cream and sandlewood. :D

wet on skin: all the sweet creaminess of Love's Philosophy, but with a tang of wood and a *slight* hint of floral. :swoon:

dry down: WOW is this stuff amazing! it reminds me a bit of the Sandalwood oil that the BodyShop carried years ago. it's been resurrected, but the new version is *not* the same. this nails that feeling-sweet, sexy, warm: a total "skin" scent.

in all: great enough to wear for your lover, precious enough to wear for yourself.

:P

Very creamy at first and it puts me in mind of cream caramels. The teak appears during the drydown. This is really well blended and it's not overly sweet despite the lotus (lotus scares me!).

My first thought is that this is a creamier, rounder version of Haloes. It's not as strong, though, and much more of a skin scent. I really wasn't sure how this would turn out on my skin, since amber, lotus and cream are never a sure thing. But this is so pretty! A surprise hit for me, I'll definitely be getting a bottle.

This scent also reminds me of one of my favorite Bath and Body Works scents, Sensual Amber (they both have amber and lotus), so I'm going to try some layering.