Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

vote me in on this.....the only thing close to sugary strawberry sweet is my beloved Maened. I love it and you just don't hear enough good things about it. I would definitely buy the sugary sweet ones!

Voila: You read my mind!

I LOVE the sweet stuff and I love smelling like candy. Personal favorites include: Persephone, Vice and June Gloom.

Count me in for "jail bait"!

On my skin Kitsune-Tsuki is incredibly sweet, almost sickeningly so. But if you want a sweet-plum, that's it.

Unfortunately, I find snake oil to be super, super sweet on me :P

I usually like sweet scents but this was just too much. I couldn't smell any of the spices which was such a shame :D It was one of the first imps (ever) I tried and I have decided to swap it. :D

Imp is very sweet on me. It smells like Jolly Roger candies on me at first, and then the patchouli comes through.

Hollywood Babylon is very sweet too. It smells like strawberries on my skin.

Bon Vivant is also sweet.

:P

I'll echo Bon Vivant - it's very Jelly Babies. And many of the peach ones have been almost overwhelmingly sweet on me - I'm thinking particularly of Imp and Tamora.

The most sweetie-candy ones that I've tried are:

-Dragon's Milk (marachino-cherry & almond candy)

-Glitter (pineapple hard candy)

-Bliss (pure milk chocolate)

-Carnivale (another red syrupy candy one, but a bit more complex)

-Akuma (BERRY)

-Carnal (BERRY)

-Maenad (BERRY)

-Hollywood Babylon (BERRY)

Also sweet, but not in a "candy" way:

-Snake Oil (vanilla & spices)

-O (warm honey)

-Dana O'Shee (warm milk & almonds)

-Regan (light floral sweet vanilla)

-Black Lotus (smells blackcurranty)

-Old Sybarus (sweet violet vanilla)

-Le Serpent Qui Danse (also a sweet violet)

-The Star (sweet coconut!)

-Imp (apricot)

-March Hare (apricot)

Edited by summer

Old Madrid smells like those Candy hearts that you see every Valentines day to me, you know the ones that have the messages on them like Kiss me, Be mine, I love you Etc. Anyway thats why I swapped it because it was to Candyish for me. :P

Hii guys! I (think) this is my first post here... I've gotten a few different BPAL's, as extra's in trades I did with other girls on the Lush forum, and it's what got me interested in BPAL. :D

I LOVE cotton candy-like scents, Anything SUPER sweet, that some people might not like 'cause it's so sweet, I usually love. I'm really wanting to order the new one, (Is it Sugared Skull?) that came with the update so I'm gonna plan my order now. :P

So far I've loved Dana O'Shee, Black Lotus, and Hollywood Babylon. I need some help on finding some Cotton Candy scents though! :D Any help is muchly appriciated, here are a few, just from other posts, I think would be "me". I love Lush's Rockstar Soap/Creamy Candy line, but I also do love Florals... I can handle, but really don't want any patchouli scents. I'm not into them. I love B Never though! I also love Jasmine, and I wear a Cotton Candy Perfume. hehe.

Here are the ones I think I might like from the search I did on the site...

Snake Oil -- Cotton Candyish

Persephone -- Pomegranate (I love Pomegranate smoothies I've gotten in H-Town. hehe.)

Lolita -- Cotton Candy

Jezebel -- Cotton Candy

Maenad -- Cotton Candy

Tamora -- Cotton Candy

Bordello -- Cotton Candy

Dragon's Milk - Candy, sweet.

Glitter -- Candy

Jailbait -- Wanna smell like Jailbait. =P I think I'd like it...

Snow White, Calliope -- I have no clue why I listed these, I may have read Cotton Candy next to them or something. :D

I'm also not really big on Chocolate. Hehe. =) Just looking for sweet scents. :D

Thanks guys!

--Mystina

Rosalind is sweet, but it's a sweetgrass sort of sweet, not so much sugar sweet. The carnation in Alice makes it sweet to me, but then, I tried it a long time ago. Swank contains pomegranate--pomegranate liqueur. Your list looks very good to me!

You may like Alice. I believe it's super sweet on some, super rosey on others, and spicy on others still. It's like a sweet spiced powder on me.

Ravenous. I was really surprised at how super sweet it was, and then, looking back at the reviews, I saw that I wasn't the only one it turned out so sweet on. Smelled like candied vanilla.

Lolita is also a great super sweet one.

Bordello is like candy, if you're into almonds and plums.

Snow White does have some vanilla in it...it's mainly sweet and crisp and a bit minty, and fruity. If you can get a hold of some, I commend you. It's a lovely scent.

And...the others I haven't tried. Anyhow, good luck on your order. :P

Welcome to the forum! You might want to try O, it's honey, vanilla and amber, very sweet. Sugar Skull sounds really good, it's a limited edition so you can only order it while it lasts. Snow White was also a limited edition, but it's gone, I think that was last winter, sorry :P But if you are REALLY lucky, someone may let you have in in a swap.

If hypothermya suggests Ravenous, I will have to put in a vote for Hunger. It was like an orange creamsicle on me.

Two that I don't see here: Dana O'Shee which smelled intensely sweet, and almond-cherry-ish, and Black Phoenix Oil, which begins with a rush of pure, sweet almond. Black Phoenix settles into a sweetly spicy body like a spiced honey-cake and Dana O'Shee seems to do different things for different people, but on me it was pure sugared almonds. It gave me a headache, since I only get along with sweet almond in small doses.

The other thought I had is: Ordering the single-notes Apricot and Vanilla will give you a very cotton-candy like scent. Strawberry and Vanilla would work also, and so would Almond and Honey.

If you like sweet, sweet scents, I also recommend:

Chimera: Sweet, sweet hints of cinnamon and spice with a flowery heart. The heliotrope in this one smells gently vanilla-ish.

Bon Vivant: Strawberries and Champagne notes. The champagne was surprisingly gentle, and the strawberry wasn't tart but sweet, as if (as someone here has written) the strawberries were mashed in cream.

Sudha Segara offers a milky honey-and-ginger scent that I haven't tried yet. Still, you might enjoy it very much if you like ginger.

Blood Rose is rich, but it begins with notes of red-wine that smell to me much like grape candy. It morphs into deep rosey richness after that.

Finally, Fae and Imp both begin with round, sweet peach notes. I like Imp better than Fae, it had a round, cheerful fruitiness that Fae seemed to lose in the winey notes. However, if you like peach, this will be sweet and light.

Titania has been described as sweet, 'iced pears' though I've never tried it.

Good luck on your search!

I'm seconding Ravenous and Bon Vivant - very sweet, candy-like scents.

I don't think you can call the Lab to place orders, but you can post them a money order or cheque - click here for details and scroll down to "How to Pay".

This is a little late, but Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo smelled like cotton candy on me...at one point. (It started off sort of strawberry, then went bubble gummy, then it was chocolate for a litlte while, then cotton candy. :P) So that might be a good one to try, too.

Hi Pixie -

I'd also add Regan to your list. It's a deep, rich vanilla...kind of like Tamora, but on my skin it's sweeter, since it doesn't have sandalwood in it.

Good luck! Your list sounds wonderful.

starrykitten, you make me laugh :P

I recommend Bordello if you are looking for a cotton candy scent. On me, Bordello alternates between pure, sweet cotton candy and a high-class saloon serving plum-based alcohol.

Edited by darkling