Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

I found Grog to be very foody and sweet, though I didn't care for it myself, it smelled like spiced rum cake to me and I think anyone who was a fan of foody scents, or Gluttony, would love it :P

Regarding Bliss - I keep getting the impression that it's pure chocolate and only chocolate, practically a single note - am I wrong to assume this? Is it really a multi-faceted scent?

Oh my goodness, try it, I think you'll just love it! If you're thinking that by Bliss being solely chocolate, that it might be boring, it's not. It's all chocolate, but amazing. It still has changes between when wet to dry. It warms up so nicely. It is pure chocolate, but just as interesting as any other complex BPAL scent.

Methinks you'll like Midway :D it isn't tooth-achingly sweet, but it has a distinctive cotton candy note in there :P

I love sweet scents...and Im a Lush Rockstar/creamy candy/ candy fluff person.

In BPAL ... the sweeter notes....that I've liked are:

Jester

Glitter

Dorian

Snake Oil

Lady McBeth

Midwinters Eve

Midway -- very cotton candy

I'd have to say that being a lushie and a bpal person, the only scent that ever struck me as "creamy candy/cotton candy" was bewitched. It has a perfumy edge, so not the innocent sweetness part..but the fruity smell was just like rockstar soap for me....and I dislike them both LOL...

slight hijack...

How DARE you say that about my beloved Bewitched... I loathe creamy candy (although strangely, i like candy fluff) and i really see no correlation of the scent of the two, besides maybe that they are both somewhat fruity.

End hijack...

Katherina smells like gummy candy to me :D

And then of course, there's Sugar Skull :D

Midway is sweet, but actually not *that* sweet :P

Jack is very sweet as well but in a different way, not so much candy sweetness, but baking sweetness, with some spice, too. And let's not forget Midway, which is just liquid carmelized sweetness in a bottle!

A lot of people think lotus smells like bubblegum: Black Lotus, Blood Lotus, Kathmandu, Paris come to mind. The Lab (as opposed to Forum)search engine works pretty well for this -as well as for cocoa, violet, mint.

A number of other people describe a scent as "sweet tart" or "red hots", this would involve using an advanced Forum search in reviews.

Other notes I find "candy-ish" are cherry blossom (Kyoto), strawberry (Hollywood Babylon).

Hope this helps.

Lick It is an LE that smells like candycane. Plenty of people sell decants of it for around $5 shipped.

If you have a livejournal, you can buy decants of the Monster Bait scents for around $5 each also from people on the alchemylab community. They're not that much more expensive than a regular imp.

Bon Vivant from the GC smells like fizzy strawberries. The Hamptons has a fresh candy sweetness to it, and Elegba has a butterscotch thing going on.

Titania is like ultra-fruity candy (and seems like a good choice for someone with Faerie in her screen name!) Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is like candy-sugar essence.

The ones that are very candy-like on me are Eris, Midwinter's Eve, and Titania.

I totally agree with thedragoncharmer about Lady MacBeth & Hollywood Babylon... they aren't really candy scents on me, but very fruity/berries. Also Bewitched.

Also you might look at Bordello and Lilith -- Bordello morphs into boozey but starts out very sweet and fruity, almost like watermelon. Lilith is sort of similar but darker than Bordello.

There are a couple of really good fruit candy-smelling LEs: Pink Moon and Budding Moon are quite sweet and fruity on me. Pink Phoenix, too.

For violets, I think La Serpent Qui Danse is a great blend. Violets and vanilla.

In the general catalog, I'll reiterate & add: Jester or Lurid (red currant candy) Lolita (lollipops), Bliss (if you also <3 chocolate), Inferno or Wrath (red hots), Gluttony (caramel), Dorian (sugared lemons), Kabuki (spicy cherry syrup), Akuma (sweet fruitiness), Hellcat (dessert), Lady Macbeth or Bewitched or Dragon's Heart (fruity-berry juice), Hollywood Babylon (vanilla-strawberry), Bordello (almond-plum), Horn of Plenty (cherry jolly ranchers)

now my teeth hurt.

The new GC scent, Frumious Bandersnatch, is slightly candyish. Smells like plummy, spicy bubblegum. I second Jester and Black Lotus.

I'm looking for blends that are pure unadulterated comestibility. There are a lot of sweet oils that have, say, a floral note or two, or some woods, or a resin, or what-have-you, and I would like to avoid ALL of that. I want to smell sweet and edible and NOTHING ELSE. Can you help?

Examples: Bengal (spicy), Eat Me (cakey), Fruitcake (fruity)

I'd try midway and jailbait for sure! I'm sure there are others but those are two that came to mind almost instantly. I'll edit later or post again as I remember more. I like to smell edible myself. :P