Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

I tried my friend's Strawberry Moon and while it is nice, I want more of a sugary scent than a fruity scent. Though I may have to give up on pure sugary scents since they just don't seem to last.

I started reading reviews of Sticky Pillowcase and am rather interested. Perhaps I'll hunt down a decant or a partial. I really want a sweet sugary candy PINK scent :lol: What about Courtney? The reviews seem mixed, mainly because of the tanning lotion, but the bubblegum interests me.

Yes of course you do captn, as you are so PINK...

I got a bottle of Possessed Over Protective Talking Doll (of course I HAD to have that one), and it smells like burning candy. Deeply strange, but I kind of like it.

Maybe you'll find your candy scent in the decants from the April Fools stuff.

Hey now even I have my sweet days, though admittedly not very often ;)

Ah yes, you started telling me about that one before being stolen away! Maybe I will try that one.

And I did pick out some of the sweeter sounding April Fools scents so we'll see if any of those are a winner when my decants come in. In the meantime I've been slathering Bordello for my sweet fix (which is what I wore on Saturday).

Have you tried Jailbait? It's the scent I think of when the word "bubblegum comes up.

Edited by Gwydion

Strawberry Moon didn't really thrill me either but I do really like Golletes & L'Essence de L'Engouement (French vanilla, pink candies, strawberry sugar, and orange blossom). I don't notice the orange blossom - it's all sweet strawberry on me.

For bubblegum, I would suggest looking for things that contain Lotus. Many people find it bubblegummy smelling. I really noticed bubblegum in Lotus Moon & Black Lotus (but also in Pandy, Bigger Critters & Ambergris Single Note - though no one else seems to think so in the reviews, so my nose may be weird :) )

Edited by alterosen

If you can get your hands on some, I suggest Blockhead from Carnival Diabolique. Smelled like Bazooka Joe to me.

My personal favorites in the "candy" end of the BPAL spectrum are Lawn Gnome and Lemon Scented Sticky Bats. Great for the warmer weather we are getting.

Cykranosh! It smells like a bag of softly sweet Gummi Bears. You can get it now through the LE Pickman Gallery page. I am going to order one myself soon.

So I recently got my hands on some Plastic Pink Flamingo and it is quite good! It sticks close, but its got that sugary sweetness that I wanted. I tried a few bubblegumy scents with little luck (I'll stick to Smut for that), they all tended to disappear on me really quickly, but marshmallow has been kind to me. My favorite marshmallow scent is still actually Haus of Gloi's Ghost Puffs, but PPF is definitely more "pink" and has a hint of the dandelion sap. I may layer it with the dandelion sn to see how it'd be with a bit more of it. I've been dabbing lightly for work, but I'm gonna try to slather a bit more on to test the wear to see if its the scent I was looking for. :joy:

Another that I tried was Uncle Brian which was very much sweet alcoholic gummy candies on me :lol: So not quite what I wanted but its suuuuper sweet!

Despite my best judgement, I am getting a decant of Bubblegum and Roses. We'll see how that goes.

So I recently got my hands on some Plastic Pink Flamingo and it is quite good! It sticks close, but its got that sugary sweetness that I wanted. I tried a few bubblegumy scents with little luck (I'll stick to Smut for that), they all tended to disappear on me really quickly, but marshmallow has been kind to me. My favorite marshmallow scent is still actually Haus of Gloi's Ghost Puffs, but PPF is definitely more "pink" and has a hint of the dandelion sap. I may layer it with the dandelion sn to see how it'd be with a bit more of it. I've been dabbing lightly for work, but I'm gonna try to slather a bit more on to test the wear to see if its the scent I was looking for. :joy:

Despite my best judgement, I am getting a decant of Bubblegum and Roses. We'll see how that goes.

I felt the same about PPF, it smells good but faded fast on me. I wanted it to last longer!! I actually LOVE HoG's Ghost Puffs too, I used up my bottle but it was lovely!!! :wub2:

I too am curious about Bubblegum and Roses because I want a LONG lasting bubblegum scent...can't wait to hear your review...

Are there any brown sugar scents in the GC? I have decants of The Witches and Marshmallow Cookie Pie but I am craving more sugar. If The Witches return this year I will get a bottle but in the meantime, I am looking for accessible alternatives.

Are there any brown sugar scents in the GC? I have decants of The Witches and Marshmallow Cookie Pie but I am craving more sugar. If The Witches return this year I will get a bottle but in the meantime, I am looking for accessible alternatives.

Sugar Skull is mainly brown sugar on me, but I recommend reading reviews to figure out the year/vintage you will prefer. Some vintage are more sugar heavy and others more fruit. Enjoy!

ETA, sorry I just read you're looking for a general catalog version. I cannot think of one but Sugar Skull is easy to find on the threads or if you posted an ISO.

Edited by sprout

You might try Drink Me (Mad Tea Party), Grog (Bewitching Brews), and Elegba (Excolo). From LEs, Sugar Skull and Sugar Cookie.

have you tried Mouse Circus? A toodle oodle of pink cotton candy noses, vanilla spun sugar fur, scattered kernels of popcorn, and a touch of polished golden wood.

or how about Sweets to the Sweet Sugar upon sugar, honey upon honey: white cane sugar and honey absolute. There's also Kill-Devil Sugar cane, molasses, oak wood, and honey. I have to agree with Elegba as well coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum. - don't let the tobacco in this one scare you off, it's all about that sugared rum, which ends up smelling almost butterscotchy to me. It's divine with the coconut.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I remember I looked into Sweets to the Sweets a few weeks ago but it has been out of stock for at least as long. Speaking of out of stock, how long does it ususally take to restock oils?

Kill-Devil sounds nice, I voted for it in this month's lunacy poll at the trading post.

I don't think I will like Elegba. I actually like tobacco (one of my favourite non-bpals is Phaedon Paris Tabac Rouge), but coconut and I don't agree.

Mouse Circus: I need to get a decant of this, I never ordered a blind bottle of this because I am weary of the popcorn.

I have tried Drink Me; it was not for me.

Grog: I will definitely get an imp with my next order.

I will keep my eyes open in the sales posts for Sugar Skull and Sugar Cookie, but I think chances are high that they will come back this year.

Sugar Skull '14 was quite the best version of that that I have ever tried. It was sweet sugar on my skin, instead of going "poof!" as previous years' had. XOMom agreed w/ me. :)