Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

Lampades is one of my favorites, I love those really juicy fruit things, in the vein of Urd, Josie, The Vine, but I don't think of them as "sugary" myself.

I thought I had of options for you, then realised that most of my "sweet" favourites are actually vanilla or chocolate. I do have one to consider:

Boo (I have 2010 and 2011) Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

If you need help finding more "sweet" scents, I've got lots of options to point you towards.

oddly enough, i find TKO to be SUGARY on me. literally it smells to me like i am wearing lavender scented sugar...it's kind of overpowering for me and does not at all make me sleepy (as i was hoping), but you might give it a shot.

also, skytyping with chemtrails (if you can find it) went all sugar on me.

Oh, gee, forgot to add Gypsy (Moth) from the Metas 2 years ago. Powder sugar goodness.

Can anyone reccomend a very sweet strawberry scent (artificial strawberry) I have Smackers Strawberry lotion at home that is awesome. Maybe even a BPAL that smelt like Troll hair (from the 80's 90's) that fake strawberry smell?

I have Strawberry Moon 2012 that I love but thats more of a real strawberry and I need a fake one :)

Can anyone reccomend a very sweet strawberry scent (artificial strawberry) I have Smackers Strawberry lotion at home that is awesome. Maybe even a BPAL that smelt like Troll hair (from the 80's 90's) that fake strawberry smell?

I have Strawberry Moon 2012 that I love but thats more of a real strawberry and I need a fake one :)

Bon Vivant was all artificial strawberry on my skin.

Kitty from the BPTP Courtesans was very artificial-strawberry-smelling to me....

You may also want to try white chocolate strawberry 2009 from The chocolates...the creaminess of the white chocolate

Makes it smell more like strawberry ice cream than choco dipped strawberries IMO.

The sweetest BPAL I've tried is Sugar Cookie (a Yule Limited Edition,) which is such a true, rich scent that I've actually heard people say they smelled cookies in a store I was in. Not my kind of scent, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

I was going to suggest that too, along with Boo.

The only one I can think of off hand is Stick Pillowcase, but that can be hard to find. It's mostly strawberry taffy on me.

Edited by Gwydion

Thanks all :)

What I would love to find is a bottle of the single note "Strawberry" but I don't even know where to start looking for that :think:

Edited by Lilly

Thanks all :)

What I would love to find is a bottle of the single note "Strawberry" but I don't even know where to start looking for that :think:

For sweetness, I'd suggest Dragon's Blood.

There was a Strawberry Moon scent very recently that was gorgeous; I should have bought some but was skint. That was the nicest strawberry I've tried.

Strangely enough, Smut is quite sugary on me. Like a sticky sugary lollipop. I get a slight hint of grape and the musks warm it a bit, but it's a very sweet scent on me. It's one of my favorites, actually! It's sweet while still being a bit dark.

I'm going to be trying Lilith's tea Party, might be quite foody but the description sounded gorgeous! I'll look up all these other's too, thank-you!

Not a BPAL but Possets Strawberry Heart is a good fakey strawberry! I have seen it listed for sale on here very recently!

I agree with Quillifer about Dragon's Blood being sweet. I'm currently wearing Martian Phoenix, and its an odd sweet candied Red Mint. Kind of strange from a planet that represents the god of war, but whatever. I like it! :yum:

Dragon's Milk is a nice illustration of the more candy-like side of Dragon's Blood as well. It reminded me a little of red Twizzlers.

I agree with Quillifer about Dragon's Blood being sweet. I'm currently wearing Martian Phoenix, and its an odd sweet candied Red Mint. Kind of strange from a planet that represents the god of war, but whatever. I like it! :yum:

I get chocolate mint, not quite like a peppermint patty, but there's something rich on top that feels chocolate to me. I guess he's killing them with kindness that crazy Mars.

Agape is grape candy :wub2:

If only I had a vat of that.

Gelt & Lick it = Peppermint Patty.

Bordello, Eat Me, Kingdom Of Sweets, Velvet Unicorn, Pink Plastic Flamingo and the ultimate candy scent... Jailbait!!

I love soft sugary scents, with spun sugar or cotton candy. But they disappear within minutes on me! Mouse Circus would be perfect but it smells like nothing on my skin no matter how much I slather :( I've considered just swapping it but I can't seem to part with it just yet. The same thing happened with Conjure Oil's Loki too. Even Jailbait was gone after the initial awesome bubble gum blast. I still have my imp but I rarely wear her because of the constant need to reapply.

The only sweet scents that like me and stick around are juicy fruit + booze and fruit + musk scents, like Bordello and Imp. Imp goes very thick, sweet peach candy on me and I love it to pieces.

But I'd still love to find a soft sugar scent that is girlish but not mixed with any sort of pastry- or super foody in general- or with floral notes like rose.

Other sweet scents I love are Boo!, Lick It Softly, Smut (my 2011 is yummy bubblegummy), and Hollywood Babylon which is syrupy strawberry, red musk, and cherry (one of the only scents with cherry I can handle) :yum:

I had the same problem with Mouse Circus -- lovely but lasted on my skin for literally five minutes and then like that *poof* it was gone.

Sticky Pillowcase is a sweet candy scent -- sugar and marshamallow, mostly. No foody or rosy notes.

Edited by holborne