Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

I think you would like glitter, swank, bordello, akuma, black phoenix, tamora, & for when you want to smell like fruity chocolate, VICE! Just the best!

Starrykitten, that was awesome.

I highly recommend Alice, it is very honey-sweet. I don't think Snake Oil is all that sweet. Le Petit Mort (La Petite Mort?) is like a more "grown up" version of Alice, it's pretty sweet too. And Bon Vivant is sweet strawberry, like other people have said.

Hi and welcome, I second Black phoenix, snake oil, bordello love this I think uou will to, also I like to mention bacchanalia and Imp, all of are nice you can't go wrong with what ever you choose. :P

I'm sure it depends on body chemistry, but the ones I have tried that went really sweet on me include Titiana, Dragon's Milk, Gluttony, Jailbait, Bon Vivant, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Hollywood Babylon, The Sun, O, Regan, Horn of Plenty, Tiger Lily and Swank. Of those, my personal favorites are O, Regan, Gluttony and Horn of Plenty. I am also getting Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo in a swap, I hear that one is cotton candyish.

Hey, that's great you are so specific in what you want, you will save yourself a lot of $$$ :P Wish I could do that, but what I like keeps expanding with BPAL (as my bank account shrinks).

If all you want is sugar sweet with absolutely NO fruit, almond, spices or floral, that pretty much narrows it down to:

O

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Horn of Plenty

I have tried Jailbait, it is bubblegummy at first and then fruity. No one (except the lab) has tried Sugar Skull yet but it says it has fruit in it.

HTH :D

Edited by ChupaChup

Definitely Lampades and Persephone.

What do they smell like? :P

Also, if something on my list has vanilla in it and smells like cotton candy, go ahead and keep it if you think it smells like cotton candy cause I know some vanilla scents do....

Lampades is this sweet, fantastic dark berry. Very island-y, tropical-ish. Lampades is something that Escada tries to achieve each year with scents like Sexy Graffity, Ibiza Hippy and Island Kiss, but fails miserably every time.

Persephone is a pomegranate and rose blend, but upon application it's a strong promegranate. The rose mellows it out later, but you won't smell it (the rose) much in here. The drydown is a soft, sexy fruity scent. Smells WICKED when layered with The Body Shop's White Musk.

Both scents are sweet, sugary and sultry, but not cheap.

Edited by SilverGarland

This is a little late, but Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo smelled like cotton candy on me...at one point. (It started off sort of strawberry, then went bubble gummy, then it was chocolate for a litlte while, then cotton candy. :P) So that might be a good one to try, too.

I agree, I put this on and asked my man what I smelled like and he said cotton candy. It is very sweet, you definatly need to get your hands on a lil impsy at least to try it out.

Sorry, I just saw this thread...........my all time fav sweet scent is Maenad. It's highly underrated and quite lovely

I didn't have any recommendations for this thread until I came across Blood Lotus. On me, it was sickly sweet, like a piece of candy - but that sounds like it's exactly what you want. Keep it in mind for the inevitable second (or third or fourth) BPAL order... :P

Okay guys, I have to tell y'all what scents I've gotten so far, and what I have on order!

Recieved so far:

Sugar Skull - Sweet, in a Maple-Syrupish way.

Dragon's Milk - Cotton candy on me!!

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo - Cotton Candy on me too! Yummy!

Lolita - Cotton Candy too! Oh it's so yummy!!!!

Glitter - Mmm, it's yummy, but not cotton candy... it's like a Lolli, very nice. :P

Maenad - Sweet! Oh very sweet and yummy. :D

Tamora - Peachy, Vanillaish, Sweet, very nice.

Bordello - Mostly very sweet and berryish on me... But it was right after thattimeofthemonth so I dunno if it's accurate.

Snake Oil - So far just nice vanilla... not cotton candy yet...

Fae - Apricot and Vanilla to my nose! It's very pretty. :D

Jailbait - Bubblegummy, kinda cotton candyish on me. ^^

Bon Vivant - Oh, Holy Jesus, it's SWEET! :D It's Strawberry like, very good and yummy... if you like Strawberry you'll like this I bet. :D

Vanilla Single Note - Kinda cotton candylike on me, but it's so beautiful!

So far that's all I have to add, I felt maybe it'd help -SOMEONE-. =)

--Mystina

PS: Hypothermya told me Ice Queen smelled like Cotton Candy and Florals to her, so I'm gonna try to get ahold of some of it... (Gonna try to trade Sugar Skull... or an imp of Snow White LOL.)

A lot of the berry-scented oils are very sweet, but you do get that fruity note as well. Jester smelled to me like fruit punch soda or Hawaiian Punch! Bordello was similar but darker, Bewitched darker yet; among those, I'd say Jester is likeliest to be what you want. Carnal is also very sweet, like an orange lollipop. Bon Vivant was all candied strawberry to me. Sudha Segara and Dana O'Shee are sweet but not nearly as candylike -- honey as opposed to sugar.

On me, Antique Lace is pure cotton candy. (It's very similar to Pink Sugar, actually.)

I love it, though it's definately mood dependant as to when I can wear it.

I'd like to say, I am on the eternal hunt for the real spun sugar cotton candy scent and based on reviews here I tried a few. Sadly none were the right scent.

Siren and Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo both were PURE bubblegum and stayed that way.

Lolita was fruity candy gum, not as obnoxious as the 2 mentioned above.

And Fae was super peachy and sweet. Delicious, but not cotton candy at all...

My search continues. :P

I'd like to say, I am on the eternal hunt for the real spun sugar cotton candy scent and based on reviews here I tried a few. Sadly none were the right scent.

Siren and Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo both were PURE bubblegum and stayed that way.

Lolita was fruity candy gum, not as obnoxious as the 2 mentioned above.

And Fae was super peachy and sweet. Delicious, but not cotton candy at all...

My search continues. :P

Try Dragon's Milk! I wound up ordering a 10ml, it turns to pure cotton candy on me!

On me, Antique Lace is pure cotton candy. (It's very similar to Pink Sugar, actually.)

I love it, though it's definately mood dependant as to when I can wear it.

Antique Lace wasn't very sweet on me...just a warm, cozy, non-sugary cotton-vanilla. Pink Sugar sounds RIGHT up your ally though :P It's like...cotton candy but 10x better!

I'd have to say that being a lushie and a bpal person, the only scent that ever struck me as "creamy candy/cotton candy" was bewitched. It has a perfumy edge, so not the innocent sweetness part..but the fruity smell was just like rockstar soap for me....and I dislike them both LOL...

the other day i put on dorian at the end of class and someone across the room (hah!) said, "it smells like cotton candy in here!"

he was right. dorian goes pretty sweet on me in the beginning and it DOES kind'f smell like cotton candy.

I've only tried a few oils but I thought Hearth smelled like syruppy pancakes after an hour or so. In fact, it reminds me of being little, Saturday afternoon after a breakfast of pancakes drenched in (fake) maple syrup that spilled all over the blanky I'm cuddling in several hours later. Know what I mean?

Here, I wrote a review in my bpal file;

Hearth - In the bottle - Wet smooshed cherries soaking in fresh, raw honey. If a bee hive fell from a cherry tree, cracked open, and languished in the sun a day amongst the fallen cherries, it would smell like this. On application - Strong honey and fresh wet wood, with a slight green tang. Later - this is what my blankie smelled like on a saturday afternoon when I was 5, a few hours after a pancake breakfast. Yes, syrup-smothered cotton wrapped around clean warm child skin.

:P Aurore

Cream, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and sweet sweet candy.

A lot of people don't like them - I, however, could roll around in Spooky or Gluttony and I'm looking for more suggestions along these lines.

In short - anything that would prompt me to gnaw off my arm - or at least slurp wantonly.

Help? :P