Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voila

Sweet scents, sugar notes & things that smell like candy

I'm looking for two types of scents. The first a scent that's like marshmallow -- sort of Rice Crispie Treat-ish but perhaps a bit less sweet. I seem to recall that there's a marshmallow note in something, but I can't seem to find it, of course.

The second is one with a milky, sugary quality, sort of like Demeter Condensed Milk. Any recommendations for either of these? Thanks!

Monster Bait: Bones Trombone: Pie crust, smears of blueberry marshmallow cream and lemon meringue, and hemlock.

That came to mind right away. I haven't smelled it myself yet (it's an unfortunate victim of the ongoing Canada Post strike), but I'm sure hoping for a yummy marshmallow scent!

Other blends that list a marshmallow note, but will be hard to find since they're all LEs (though I think Sue's Great Old Puppet Show is still available at Dark Delicacies)...

Chewing Little Bits of String: Marshmallows, a bit of limp lettuce, and wads of soggy cotton soaking in a stew of tea (with lemon and honey!).

Marshmallow Poof: A gooey mound of white fluffiness!

Marshmallow Pumpkin: Marshmallow goo and pumpkin pulp!

Plastic Pink Flamingo: Pink sugar-crusted marshmallow, dandelion, and sap.

Sticky Pillowcase: Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

Sue's Great Old Puppet Show: Hot cocoa, tiny marshmallows, white glue, stick-on googly eyes, and felt!

Velvet Clown: Rum-soaked cotton candy, boot-stomped licorice whips and circus peanuts, scorched marshmallows, a dribble of corn whiskey, cigar smoke, and greasepaint.

White Chocolate, Marshmallow, And Coconut: (No notes listed... but it's kind of obvious)

Definitely need to seek out Marshmallow Poof and Plastic Pink Flamingo. Will keep my eye on the forums and ebay, thanks!

Definitely need to seek out Marshmallow Poof and Plastic Pink Flamingo. Will keep my eye on the forums and ebay, thanks!

Of the ones I know of/were on the list, those two were the strongest, purest marshmallow. Poof is purer than Pink Plastic flamingos, but they are both wonderful strong marshmallow scents.

I really want to find a sugary sweet scent that will show up on my skin. Some of the juicy/sweet ones I've tried like Kabuki, Jailbait, and Bordello simply do not last on my skin, if they show up at all.

Pink Lace does show up on my skin nicely and last a little while. Its better when I dont have moisturizer on, but its good. What are some other suggestions?

I avoid the honey scents, because im vegan not because i dont like them (i LOVE O).

I like Pink Sugar from Solstice scents but none of their scents last on me and usually they barely show up. (I think maybe they use a carrier oil, that may be why). But just to give you an idea - Pink Sugar is a good example.

Edited by takeawhiff

Sugar skull from the halloweenies is pure brown sugar on a lot of peoples skin.

Le essence de Le' Engoument (a Trading Post Luper from this year) is very sweet strawberry sugar on me.

Gollettes from the weenies 2 years ago smells like the sugary glaze of glazed doughnuts.

Edited by Larinessa

Perversion, Bliss, Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, Gelt, Berry Moon, The First Encounter, Maison en Pain d'epices, Gingerbread Poppet, Kill Devil, Ellegba, Hollywood Babylon, Chimera, Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil, are all sweet to me.

Edited by stellamaris

All LEs, but Sugar Plum Fairy, Candy Phoenix and Kingdom of Sweets were all very sugary sweet scents to me. Titania (GC) is more of a juicy sweet, but it is strong and delicious!

Sticky Pillowcase is a candy scent; you can find it on ebay relatively frequently. Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is also candyish and bubble gummy.

Kingdom of Sweets!! THAT one is, to me, very tooth achingly sweet!! I know there is a bottle on Ebay right now for auction....but yeah, just sniffing that one will send you to the dentist!! ;)

I second the recommendation for High Strung Daisies, that has to be one of the sweetest scents I have tried. I find the Knave of Hearts and Tis the Voice of the Lobster to be quite sweet to my nose too.

I have also found the 13 from April and Pink Moon 2012 to be sweet, I think it's because of the white chocolate.

Edited by becca_s

Re: Honey, I would email the lab to see if they actually use honey if you really want to wear it. Some places do, some use frag oils.

Re: Honey, I would email the lab to see if they actually use honey if you really want to wear it. Some places do, some use frag oils.

The lab uses honey. This is from the FAQs page:

"Are your oils vegan? Do you test on animals?

With the exception of our honey-based products, everything that comes from BPAL is vegan, and we abhor animal testing. Black Phoenix does not test on animals, and we do not work with companies that utilize animal testing. Black Phoenix is entirely cruelty-free, as our four dogs, many fish, and resident cat will attest. All products are tested on staff, family, and friends."

The Wiley Grasser from last year's Weenies is hard to find now, but that is a great cotton candy/wildflowers/pine scent. It and Sugar Skull are my favorite candy smells.

Definitely adding to the recommendations of Sugar Skull! And while harder to find, you may also like Gluttony and Pancake Breakfast, those are both terribly sugary sweet, I love them but they always have me heading for sweets, haha.

The lab uses honey. This is from the FAQs page:

"Are your oils vegan? Do you test on animals?

With the exception of our honey-based products, everything that comes from BPAL is vegan, and we abhor animal testing. Black Phoenix does not test on animals, and we do not work with companies that utilize animal testing. Black Phoenix is entirely cruelty-free, as our four dogs, many fish, and resident cat will attest. All products are tested on staff, family, and friends."

Yup, plus I did email them anyway. It is fact.

thanks for all suggestions! I just ordered a ton of imps so ill wait but im going to try many (or all?) of these scents! thanks :)

I have tried Perversion. i love that scent, but its a bit darker than what im talking about. its still amazing to me though. I also love the smell of Bliss...in the tube, because it doesnt show up or last on my skin. It's so dead on, though. Pure chocolaty ecstasy *drool*

Edited by takeawhiff

Says on their website that all their oils are vegan except those with honey notes..

Well. I am battling myself here, because both I am about to suggest are LE and everytime I have money I try to seek them out and collect all that exist - but, well, if you find them and love them, it's only fair - I can't buy all bottles in the world anyways :P

So, without further ado:

Pink Phoenix

Sticky Pillowcase

Both are Pure candy sugary deliciousness.

Sticky Pillowcase is even SEXY - because it has a sort of smmmmmooth, salty tinge to it - people have described it as a "tooth rotter" though - it works miraculously on me.

Pink Phoenix is my "glamorous smell" - the one I turn to when I have work related dinners and similar - I have to be careful not to overdose though, then it turns suger-strong and rather intrusive. It's like candy-fruit.

Whoops I forgot Knave of Hearts, but that veers into the cakey realm, as does All Souls, which you can get on Etsy right now.

Also Zarita the Doll Girl.

Many things don't last on me, a scent locket might be a good investment for you. I have the Wiley Grasser in my Red Queen locket, it is the precioussssssssssss....

I don't know if this would work on your skin, since Kabuki didn't, but you might want to look for fruit/musk combinations (at least if you like musk and fruit.) In my experience, musk tends to strengthen fruity notes and push them to the foreground (both Bewitched and Lampades were very berry on me), and conventional perfume wisdom says that musks are base notes and shouldn't evaporate quickly.

The sweetest BPAL I've tried is Sugar Cookie (a Yule Limited Edition,) which is such a true, rich scent that I've actually heard people say they smelled cookies in a store I was in. Not my kind of scent, but it sounds like what you're looking for.