Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
elinox

Fur Scents

After reading the rules and following ivyandpeony's suggestion to search limited titles only in the Recommendations subforum, I couldn't find another thread like this. If I did this wrong, please forgive me, I claim newbie-ism!

Does anyone have any recommendations for scents that smell like fur? I know it sounds strange, but I love the smell of my cat's fur as well as a rabbit skin and foxtail I have. The soft smell is wonderful and I'd love to have that comforting scent to wear! It's reminiscent of babypowder but has an even lighter, softer smell. The rabbit skin and foxtail also have a slight tanned leather smell to them. Does BPAL have anything similar?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ivanushka is by far your best bet - Buck Moon has that feel, too, but it's become incredibly scarce (it was released in June 2005 and was apparently not a huge seller). Ivanushka was an LE so you can't order it from the Lab now, but you can check Swaps and Sales here in the forum and watch eBay for it as well. It was released in October of 2007.

the most gorgeous furry scent from the lab is Ivanushka :P

pure love!!

I'm loving the descriptions of it! But are there any other BPAL scents that smell fur-like? Just in case Ivanushka doesn't like me? Thanks for the help!

Ivanushka for sure. I thought the recent Hunter Moon had a sort of furry quality too. Could just be me though.

Good luck!

Ivanuskha is very nice! But my favorite is also a LE from March 2007, Orobot. It has a piny scent at first which ( on me ) fades to the scent of nuzzling in your favorite canine's (or feline's ) soft down, underneath the the rougher, outer pelt. I works so well on me that I now have procured two bottles, and am working on a third. It gives me comfort and a warm aura of security.

Coyote is a GC scent that is available. It's not as "soft" as Ivanuskha, but definitely furry. Lab's description: The Native American Creator / Trickster God of Chaos and Change. The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.

Hope this helps! I very much like furry scents; will keep you posted if I can think of any more!

Definitely Ivanushka, but I found that same quality in Hunter Moon as Heartlily had mentioned. Of course, both are LE's, but I can't think of something in the GC. :P

As for GC scents, try Coyote.

To me it's warm fur in a sunny grassy field. :P

As for tanned fur, there isn't anything that comes directly to mind- I'd love it if BPAL had a scent like that. (Makes me think of my grandmother's fur coat from the 1950's).

There are a few leather scents:

Dead Man's Hand (LE scent from a while back, 04 or 05 Spring maybe, but pure leather goodness)

De Sade has leather in it, not really a furry leather scent.

Whip is roses and leather, I could see if you had fur with roses near it or something.

Best bet for tanned fur would be if you could layer Dead Man's Hand with Coyote. Honestly, Coyote itself might be just what you are looking for. Best of luck!

Another search trick you can try is searching for the term "fur" within the Reviews subforum. When I do a search that way, I will get results by posts, then skim the posts and see which scents the most people are mentioning. A search by titles can be less helpful, since not everyone that uses your search term in a review is using it to describe the scent - with fur, for example, people use imagery like a haughty woman in a fur coat or describe the feeling of being wrapped in a warm fur coat. It's not a perfect method but sometimes if you are seeking something that is a bit obscure, or if you're looking for a certain feel instead of a note, it can be really helpful.

This link should show you the results of that search - in addition to Ivanushka, Hunter Moon and Coyote, which seem to get the most mentions, Bastet and The Lion got a lot of comments like "a cat's fur when they're lying in the sun."

Hunter Moon has two incarnations - 2004 and 2007 - in addition to being much easier to find, to my nose the 2007 version would be much more like what you're seeking. 2004 was very deep and heavy, whereas 2007 was a light and clear musk (it definitely suited me better than the original).

Yesterday, I recommended Oborot, but I hadn't tried it for about a year. Now that it has aged, I don't get the same fur notes as I did when it was fresh. I did, however, try Crow Moon which is from the same lunacy and found that it smelled exactly like rabbit pelts on me. There is that soft muskiness with a bit of that hide note. When my bottle arrived from the lab, I could smell more of the soft floral notes, but I think that it's a bit more feral now. I think that if Hitchcock's movie The Birds had smellovision, it would smell like Crow Moon.

It's funny, because on my skin Ivanushka smells just like tanned fur when wet. On the drydown, it was a little powdery, sweet muskiness that reminded me more of the fur of a living creature, but that was always the only note I got from the blend.

Sadly, my boyfriend said I smelled a little like skunk when I wore it -- NOT the effect I was going for! :P

I love my Ivanushka, but I think Brown Jenkins is very "brown" and furry smelling. It's a wonderful substitute and since it's GC, it's much easier to find!

The only fur type scent I've tried is Coyote. Fur scents aren't my thing, but I still enjoyed Coyote very much and would recommend it to someone who wants a good GC fur blend.

Brown Jenkins is my favorite of these, and I've tried most of them by now. Soft, warm, fuzzy- I love it. Everything but Brown Jenkins turns into PICKLES on me. Luckily my best friend loves those so she gets all the picklefur!

Ivanushka I second as a vote. Coyote definitely, but it goes thu a grassy field phaze first. I can't believe no one has suggested Buck Moon, but maybe because its so hard to get. If you can get your claws on some--I think its what you are looking for. :P

Hunter Moon totally has a kitty fur and outdoorsy smell to me. In fact, I smelled one of my cats when wearing it, and couldn't tell if I was smelling the bpal or the kitty!

On me,

Ivanushka and Hunter Moon 2007 where indentical - sweet kitty-fur.

Ivanushka had - what I call - "bambi-musk"... :)

and

Hunter Moon 2007 had this "baby-animal-in-general" Musk..its

a pretty tame version comparing to Hunter Moon 2004.

Hunter Moon 2004 is more wine and wood and dark musk,

but I don´t get any fur out of it.

Its my all time favorite BPAL EVER, so I really tested it to the extreme..:D

Mole (LE - Wind in the Willows) is a furry scent. It is a warm, animal hide/fur scent.

I know a lot of this has to do with skin chemistry but on a male friend of mine, both Coyote and Brown Jenkins smell like soft, warm, fur.

On me, the Little Sparrow scent from the Marchen line is *very* soft, warm and furry (or downy, I suppose, depending).

I know a lot of this has to do with skin chemistry but on a male friend of mine, both Coyote and Brown Jenkins smell like soft, warm, fur.

On me, the Little Sparrow scent from the Marchen line is *very* soft, warm and furry (or downy, I suppose, depending).

Oh yes, The Little Sparrow smells that way on me too. It's definitely furry/downy.