Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StrangeLove

Pepper

Wild English roses, French gardenia, vanilla, honey, golden ginger, blood orange, pine resin, pink pepper, crushed berries, tuberose, bergamot, and geranium.

I bought this one in the cold of winter and did not really " feel" the scent. I reopened it this spring and now am glad to sample and wear it! It is a floral, fruity, playful scent with a good grounding in spices that keep it from going too far. Clear, bright, playful and delightful for this weather. I usually wear resins and woody scents, so this is quite a change up for me, but in a good way. I think the pepper, ginger and cardamom save it from turning me off. The dry down or me is honey and rose with a whiff of dry spice.

Perky, pretty, and vivacious. This almost smells like peppery bubble gum on me at first, but then the florals become more pronounced. There's a wet greeness to them that makes me think Pepper might have been tumbling around in the garden of Jasmine Cottage.

I can dissect this if I try and pick out individual notes, but this really is a lovely balance and blend of notes. I like it better than Jasmine Cottage, which was a little too over the top floral for me. I might need to pick up a bottle of this.

I gave my boyfriend a birthday wishlist of GC scents and Unimpables that I've either tried before or thought I'd like based off of the description, and this was one of the scents he chose for me.

In the bottle: There's a lot going on in this one! I can smell the rose, gardenia, blood orange, ginger, pine resin, and pink pepper. The pink pepper and ginger notes are quite prominent. This is a floral with a kick to it.

Wet: I'm greeted with a blast of rose, blood orange, pink pepper, and ginger. After a moment, I'm able to smell the gardenia, too, and what I think might be the crushed berries. The spice notes end up becoming more prominent as they sit on my skin, which is normal for me (I tend to amp spice). The area I applied it to feels really warm, but it hasn't caused any welts (yet). As it begins to dry, I am also able to pick out the geranium, but this is mostly ginger, pink pepper, rose, and blood orange on me.

Dry: The ginger and pink pepper continue to reign, with the rose and blood orange not far behind. The combination of the spices and the orange make me think this would be a great scent to wear around the holidays.

After a few hours, the spices, orange, and rose are still going strong, but the vanilla and honey notes have finally emerged. Huzzah!

Verdict: I am really happy to have a bottle of this. I'll have to avoid applying it in anywhere aside from my wrist area, as I can tell my skin would be too sensitive to the spices in this one if applied elsewhere. This is a lovely floriental, and I bet it will age wonderfully.

Pepper is just as lovely and fun as I hoped it would be. I don't do straight florals, and I was worried about the tuberose, but it's a small enough percentage of this scent that it's not causing me grief. This is not a pure floral. It's a spicy, green, citrusy, lightly honeyed floral, with enough different flowers that it's hard to pick out rose or gardenia or, fortunately, tuberose. It feels like wildflowers in a meadow on a bright sunny day, but with that little punch of pepper and ginger -- the prickly feeling of lying in the grass, maybe. I don't really get any pine resin. I get a little throw when wet and about average wear length for my skin. So delighted I got to try this!

Oh man I have been waiting so long to try this!! :D

On me, pepper is childlike mischievousness and. Spunky, but nothing too childlike or candy.

It starts out pepper and rose-heavy (lovely!), but balances out later, with a lil more berries, blood orange and pine.

Unfortunately there's something in here when dry that's not mixing well with my chemistry. Somewhat plasticy on me at least; I can't figure out which note it is, but it's one step away from being a perfect blend for me. Sad, but very glad to have tried it, it's lovely! 

In the decant: Very light florals and spice. I can pick out ginger but not pepper.

On my skin:

Wet, everything runs together even more. It's florals and light spice, but I can't pick out any individual notes. As it dries, gardenia becomes the dominant note on me. I can still detect the ginger and a bit of the pepper, but the other floral notes are pretty hidden behind the gardenia.

This is definitely a fun, spicy floral. I was (as I always am) hoping for more spice and less floral.

In the bottle, Pepper is a light, bright, and sweet floral.  Wet on my skin, the juiciness of the blood orange begins to show itself, and there are a few fleeting moments where I too am getting that bubblegum.  As it dries down, it becomes very clean smelling.  Pepper makes me think of the fancy floral soaps and starched white linens you might find in a countryside B&B.  Maybe it's the pine resin (weirdly, I also suspect the berries - a tricky note for me) that's giving the textile thing.  Maybe it's just the flowers. Whatever it is, it's just too clean for me to want to reach for this on a regular basis.  I would wear this to a fancy tea party.  My BF said that it smells like a "young grandma". Sorry, Pep. I know she would hate that.