Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StrangeLove

Snow, Glass, Apples

In Neil's words, 'It smells like green apples and like sex and vampires, all at the same time. (Actually, it smells like sexy vampire apples.)'

This smells like a fresh Granny Smith cut open on a sunny day after a massive snowstorm has passed. Softens to a pale floral.

Sadly, a quick fade.

I happened to check the right thread at the right time, and managed to snag a bottle of this from a forumite.

I knew from the first time I read a description of this that it would be a perfect scent for me, and it is. Not since Fee have I smelled something this perfect on my skin.

In the bottles it's all cold, green apples, but on my skin, it warms up a lot. I amp florals, which is convenient since I like them and they work on my skin, so the floral in this is really coming out to play. I can't place it exactly, it's rose, but softer and not as sweet. It reminds me a lot of the rose in Moon Rose, only with apples as a pairing instead of Moonflower. And the apple in here is tart, not sweet, so the effect is a fragrance that should be sweet, but isn't. It's hard to describe, but very elegant.

It has a strong through too, a little will go a long way.

First sniff: Frozen green apples. Incredibly tart, incredibly crisp, incredibly cold.

Wearing: There’s a hint of warmth and sweetness creeping in, making the apples even more tempting, even more dangerous.

In the Bottle and Wet: Crisp, icy cold tart apple and mint. The mint is an afterthought but it is definitely there.

Dry: The tartness of the apple softens a bit but does not fade. The mint becomes a bit more prominent.

Absolute beauty.

Ok.. anything involving apples has to be good. Poisoned Apple is one of the first BPALs I ever bought, and I still love it.

So yeah - obviously this is apples.. big green fresh crunchy and slightly sour apples. But wait, there's more! There's a kind of chill feel to it, so that's the snow.. and it's also got a sharp edge, so that's the glass. Snow.Glass.Apples. - the name is absolutely perfect.

This stayed on my skin for about an hour at good strength but then faded fairly quickly, leaving just a very faint reminder of where it had been. Since I got only a few drops given graciously to me by a forum buddy, I can't be slathering it on (although I'd love to). I would love this as a room spray, I think it would hang beautifully in the air and smell gorgeous on towels and linen.

So I'll hunt for a bottle.. in the meantime, Poisoned Apple will satisfy me when I need apple-y goodness but Snow Glass Apples just has an extra edge to it that makes it very interesting indeed.

I managed to get a bottle of this from the CBDLF website along with the signed booklet. :smile: I love apple scents and really wanted to try this one out.

In the bottle: very cold, tart, green apples.

On me: still very cold, tart, green apples. It's very lovely and has a decent throw. This is one scent that I can wear all day, go to bed, wake up and it's still there. Very long lasting, in other words.

Overall: I'm really glad that I managed to get a bottle of this. It's a lovely scent.

This is my first review but I couldn't resist!

In the bottle: Very crisp, tart green apple with the definite feel of something more menthol and cold blended with it.

Wet: The apple seems to smell a little jucier as it warms on my skin and a slight floral hint is there with the cooling menthol/eucalyptus. Still crisp and fresh though.

Drydown: This is one scent that morphs wonderfully on me over an hour or so. It's almost like I can smell the apple ripen as time passes. It gradually picks up a beautiful sweetness as the sour note fades and it becomes beautifully ripe red apples on me. As wear continues it still continues to sweeten and actually loses the coldness. It's almost like winter is ending and spring is beginning. The apple blossoms are starting to bloom and a lovely light floral emerges. It stays very close to the skin at this stage with only occasional wafts of scent as I move around.

Summary: Truely beautiful. I love how this morphs on me. It has the ripening and sweetening that I would love to have seen in some other fresh fruit heavy scents such as Earth Rat. Sadly the scent closes down quite quickly and holds close. I do love it though and will be jealously guarding my 2 bottles. :lol:

In the vial: Green apples in a ice bucket.

Wet: Tart, green apples and something that smells like rose... (I'm not a fan of roses)

Dry: Oh no. Is that rose I smell? Yup, green apples covered in rose petals and grass. The rose is quite faint, just dancing about in the background, adding a certain sweetness to the otherwise tart & green scent. Lovely! :D

Overall: This is a beautiful scent, I actually like it even though I don't adore rose scents. There's something in this scent that I really like.

Edited by Ceri

In the vial: Crisp green apple, but darker than I expected; just a touch of ozone or snow, something cool and unwelcoming.

On me: This is green apple, certainly, but it's not crisp or cool. Instead, the apple is swathed in something dark which might be musk, grounding the scent—grounding it very deep, until it's shadowed and dark and rich. There's just a touch of snow, enough to make the scent distant but not enough to make it cold. These are green apples, heady, nearing overripe, shadowed by dense darkness which makes them rich and deep. The scent never quite reaches sexy or evil, though it approaches both. Scent color is yellow-green muddied by dark brown. Throw is high drying down to medium-low.

Verdict: This is not at all what I was expecting (which was something more along the lines of a tart, crisp green apple), but it's a pleasant surprise. I have Verdandi for crisp green apple; Snow, Glass, Apples is a deeper, darker, almost threatening take on green apple, and I quite like it. I'm not sure how often I wear it, but I suppose I'll find out—I'm certainly keeping my decant.

ETA: Later on in wear time, the scent became heady, nearing cloying, and made me feel a bit nauseous. Perhaps the throw increased, or maybe the ozone/snow returned with a vengeance. I'll have to wear it more to see if it happens again, but the late cloying stage may make this unwearable.

Edited by Juushika

This is divine! I simply MUST get more and more of this!

It pretty much stays the same on me as in the bottle; icy cold green apples with an ever so slight hint of floral. Only after awhile does it lose the icy feel and becomes slightly more warm and sweet. Love love LOVE!

ETA: Above review was before I discovered that oils need to settle down awhile after traveling long distances. Now, it stays beautifully icy and the cold apples are... divine...

Definitely one of my favourites ever!

Edited by JLostein

Incredibly crisp, green apple. Slightly sweet, but with a cool background. Something in keeps the apple very cold and icy. It's a beautiful scent, and smells amazing!

I swear I've reviewed this before, but it seems not.. I remember saying "it smells like the dentist's office." That's it, really.. it smells a little of apples, and a lot of dentist office. (Minty pine..?) While not a bad smell, not really something I want to smell like..

In the imp: Take an apple out of the fridge and slice it. That's what this is.

Wet: Pure wet tart apples. Reminds me of making apple pie, sitting with a peck of apples and my paring knife and my fingers slowly going pruney from all the juice. It's not sweet, though.

Dry: This opens up and gets a lot more perfumey on me - the apples are there but so is the snow. I'm not really getting "sexy" and I think my skin is eating it super fast. Ah well, I can cope given the extreme rarity. Lovely, and I'll wear the imp that was graciously gifted to me by artofsuicide, but I don't feel the need to sell a kidney to get more.

Snow, Glass, Apples

Apples and ice. This is cold and crystalline. It kind of freaks me out, because it feels (smells) so cold and somehow, empty.

It smells like very tart green apples and more. The apples fade quickly. There's something else that I can't describe ... a subtle mint like wintergreen gum but very faint. There's something slightly floral. Not as good as i hoped.

dear god this smells bad like wet moldy socks.

i couldn't pick out any apples...

:cry2:

In the bottle: Sharp, cold, juicy apples!

Wet on wrist: This reminds me of gummy apple candy, with a breath of ice.

On the drydown: same!

OM NOMNOMNOMNOMMMMMMMM

Um, I don't have a very good nose, but I'll do my best in reviews. :)

In the bottle: minty, but then APPLES! and not the icky artificial apple: really freshly cut apple smell! I think there's something else mixed in with the mint when it hits my nose, but not sure what, it's nice though, and softens the mint.

Wet on me: mint and apples. and perfectly mixed and balanced. The something else is still there.

Fades to be a bit strange on me, but not sure what it is. :( Though if I have a long sleeve shirt on, it stays on the sleeve as apples and mint really well.

On my stuffed animal's ear, after it's faded for a while: really pleasant, still a bit fruity, not powdery (IMO).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. In fact, i've given my good friends sniffies of it and even a 1/2 imp for one of my friend's bday. I love it so much, I managed to get TWO backup bottles of it. :) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. It's my boyfriend's favorite. One of my friends bought it too after I gave her a sniffie. I wear it whenever I want a perfumey way to cheer myself up.

I get some weird vibes from this. I'm definitely getting crisp, fresh cut sour green apples and chilly mint and then it all goes to hell and I get this powdery 'pre-teen' perfume scent that gave me one hum-dinger of a headache. Fresh on it was deliciously crisp, cold and apple-y but dry down failed me miserably. Powder and apples...noooo thanks.

1.5/5 for headache inducing properties.

Apples! Minty apples! In the imp, it smells like an apple just as you've cut into it... fresh, slightly acidic, and refreshing. On the dry-down, it takes on more of a spearmint scent. Actually, it smells a lot like spearmint gum to me, which isn't a bad thing, but not exactly what I was expecting. :huh: Overall, a really nice, cool scent, perfect for summer days when you're miserably hot and need relief.

:thud: ZOMG.

First, the bad news: this one is a fader, and it doesn't have a lot of throw. It doesn't fade into nothing but after a couple of hours I really had to huff my wrist to get a sniff. There are solutions to this, however.*

Then, the good news: oh. my. GOD. this is beautiful. It is exactly the scent I wanted from this perfume. it starts out cold, frozen, fresh green apples. On skin it warms up every so slightly, so that it's a gentle floral overlaid with white snow, pine, and fresh green apples. It's so beautiful, and the perfect snow-pine-fruit scent -- for those who have tried Skadi, it's less COLD than Skadi is, and more mild and fruit-centric without being fruit-y. It's gorgeous. I'm so glad that the lovely FandF hooked me up with a bottle ^_^

______

*I find putting a bit of oil in your cleavage, especially if you're wearing a sweater or something that doesn't have a low neckline, helps to preserve an area of scent that wafts a bit more than the wrists do. ^_^ just a thought.

Got to try this thanks to Santa EmpressPixie, who actually spilled her bottle while decanting this tester (I'm so sorry again for indirectly causing this!), again, many awesome Santa thanks!

In the bottle, this smells like mint and apples, with maybe some skin musk? On my skin, there's definitely those mint apples, with a note that may or may not be skin musk. Either that, or a floral of some kind. Hmm. And unfortunately, it fades quickly into this soapy scent. :(

Glad to have tried it, but won't need more, I think.

Edited by Venneh

Oh my god. I knew I wanted to try this because I love this story and I love apples--but I was not expecting to like it nearly this much.

In the bottle, it smelled like very, very sour apples and something a bit boozy. Hard cider?

Dry, though, this smells just like taking a bite out of a granny smith apple, tart and immensely satisfying. There's the barest hint of a floral, like bygone apple blossoms, layered beneath.

I absolutely have to get my hands on some more of this scent!

Same here, had to try it, love the story. SO glad I did! I spilt a bit last year, so I've been scared to use it, but figured - why have it if I'm not wearing it?

So, it seemed a bit greener and almost sweet in the bottle today (aged 1 yearish?), but still gorgeous. A light scent on me, but awesome. It's certainly a beautiful scent. :wub:

I love Snow, Glass, Apples so much.....

Originally I was given a decant of this by Ravenfeathers and I treasured that tiny thing like it was a million dollars in a vial. But now I was lucky enough to swap with aother awsome forumite for a whole bottle and now I treasure that like its The One Ring.

In the bottle, its cool melon and tangy apple. I love that this totally smells like granny smith apples and you can tell thats what it is. Those are the only kind of apples I like to eat so only fitting that I should wear them :)

On my skin it's cold, yes actually cold! green apple slices! white musk! yumyumyumyum sooooooo fricken good. Other words kind of fail me to desrcibe this. Amazing label and the blue bottle makes it seem so much more precious than others (don't worry little amber bottles I still adore you!). I am going to rock this in the summer alot. Probably while watching True Blood :twisted: