Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
The_Merf

Planetary Magick: Venus

No description listed at the Twilight Alchemy Lab website

Scent: I've smelled this and I've smelled PM: Saturn, and I think that the PM blends have a similar scent to their Celestials counterparts. The PM: Venus oil is characterized by a combination of lotus, which gives it that "pink" feel, and herbal notes. I think there are also some other florals in the blend, but I'm still not great with picking out particular floral notes. The Celestial: Venus review thread can provide further comments on the scent. Personally, I don't think PM: Venus smells as candy-like as Celestial: Venus. I feel that the scent of the oil made it a very good match for the pink candle I used in my ritual.

Ritual/Use: On Saturday I had an exact transiting Venus conjunct natal Neptune aspect, and decided that would be an appropriate first use for the oil. Not only did I want to gain insight on various dimensions of Venusian energy, I also wanted those insights to lead me to conclusions about Neptune, which has traditionally been a difficult planet for me to comprehend. I anointed one pink candle with PM: Venus, one grey candle with Glamour and one grey candle with Veils and Mist. I carved the Venus glyph on the pink candle and the Neptune glyph on the grey candles. I specifically petitioned for the ability to use Venusian energy, which is close to the individual (and seeing as how I am a Taurus Sun/Libra Moon...) to understand and begin to assert control over the glamorous and obfuscating powers of Neptune.

I had an incredibly productive session while these candles burned. I read from a number of my favorite astrological texts, and was able to draw some new and important conclusions, despite having read those texts many times before. I was able to arrive at the type of insights I was looking for, and one of the reasons I was able to do so was because I found myself able to focus on aspects of Venus (particularly her connection to the 2nd house and possessions) in a much more subtle and advanced light than I had previously. I found that I was able to access these insights in an intellectual way, which is consistent with my Venus in Gemini placement, but my conclusions were not necessarily "limited" by what a typical Venus in Gemini might feel safe doing.

The effectiveness of this oil has made me very excited to try other Planetary Magick oils, both as an aid for concentrating on aspects and other specifically astrological events and as a way to interact with different types of energies.

I recently had the chance to try a sample of Venus, and am quite impressed with it. I'll definitely be buying a bottle.

Scentwise, it starts out with the lotus note The_Merf mentions; this lotus note is almost fruity and I actually mistook it for apple at first (which would also make sense in a Venus oil). It quickly becomes more recognizably lotus, but this note fades quickly, and when the scent stabilizes on me, it's a blend of (I think) violet and maybe some kind of lily. It's a fresh, clean floral, a little soapy but in a good way, pretty, and subtle. It could go "undercover" as a regular perfume in any situation where you need a boost of Venus energy.

Wearing it while alone, I found that it enhanced self-love and self-esteem; I liked what I saw in the mirror better than I do without it, and felt confident in myself. Wearing it while spending time with my partner, I thought it helped enhance both open communication and a romantic sort of playfulness. ETA:

ETA: There seems to be a batch variation on this one. The scent I describe above is from my decant. I ordered a bottle, and the scent from the bottle has rose, and I can't smell lotus in it; the lily and violet are about the same. I like rose and am happy with this. :)

Edited by lady_pandora

I got a sample of PM: Venus from a recent TAL decant circle.

Scent-wise it definitely reminds me to Mantle of Venus. I get an apple like note, violet, lilies and overall it makes me think of MoV scentwise. Except MoV smells almost watery, as if Venus was the original and MoV was slightly derivative. It felt also 'pinkier' in nature.

I dabbed this on yesterday and I have to say that I got a boost of self-love and confidence. I can see why this one is so beloved. In some ways, I think of it was a more concentrated version of MoV, while stripping some of the monetary aspects and delving into the core of Venusian energy.

This does have a pink feel. Lotus, a bit of spicy lily, then a fruity rose & tiny breath of violet. A bright & confident floral.