Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
imaginepageant

Cake, cookies, donuts, baked goods, even Cinnabon

i'm a new bpal addict thanks to some evil friends of mine, and i especially love sweet foody scents. i'd like recommendations for cake-like scents. cockaigne is pretty nice on me but a bit too spicy. is there an oil that smells like cockaigne but without the spicy notes?

Eat Me is also a very nice, sweet cake perfume...it isn't as heavy or syrupy as cockaigne but its yummy enough that wearing it makes me hungry :P

Eat Me is probably the most blatantly cake scent in the general catalogue. All Souls (available from swaps) and Haloa (current LE) also both have cake notes. Dana O Shee was actually very similar to a milder Cockaine on me, plus almond notes.

i'm a new bpal addict thanks to some evil friends of mine, and i especially love sweet foody scents. i'd like recommendations for cake-like scents. cockaigne is pretty nice on me but a bit too spicy. is there an oil that smells like cockaigne but without the spicy notes?

I see a few people suggested Eat Me; I liked it ok, but it's not nearly as good (to me) as Drink Me. Drink Me has a *lot* going on, but the general impression I get is hot buttered toast & fresh pound cake with buttercream frosting with a single cherry on top. I am almost exclusively a foody scent lover, and that one is extremely foody.

You might also like Gluttony, but that one's a little richer & less sweet.

I'm going to go ahead and toss in my vote with the tons you already have for Eat Me. That was a beautiful, divine, cake-like smell that was a real winner on me. I also think you ought to try Drink Me as well. It's quite complex, and smells like a lot of things, but it's definitely sweet and foody and "bakery-esque". I'd recommend that anyone who likes foodie blends at least try an imp of both of those.

Honestly, I also found Miskatonic University to be incredibly foodie and very sweet, even though it does have some woody/papery notes in there in the background. It's supposed to smell like Irish coffee, but it always smells like pancakes with syrup and coffee to me. Another just divine one that any foodie-lover ought to try.

Anyone have an impression on how Eat Me ages? It's way too...buttery...on me right now, but I'm wondering if that goes away with time. It's probably going to end up in the swaps if it doesn't.

Anyone have an impression on how Eat Me ages? It's way too...buttery...on me right now, but I'm wondering if that goes away with time. It's probably going to end up in the swaps if it doesn't.

I don't know about how it ages, but I do have a friend who turns cake scents into pure butter. Monster Bait: Closet was particularly disastrous for her. While it was a total blackberry boozefest on me, on her it turned into the very distinctive scent of greasy cakepans.

But I don't want to discourage you--maybe your imp is just too new/unsettled/whatever. :P Have you ever tried anything else with a cake-like note, like maybe All Souls?

Nope, haven't really tried any other foody scents. The closest to another "foody" is probably Dana O'Shee, which goes kinda powdery, but in a pleasant, almondy way.

The currants in Eat Me are really nicely balanced in when it's still wet on me, but afterwards is a little....icky.

Nope, haven't really tried any other foody scents. The closest to another "foody" is probably Dana O'Shee, which goes kinda powdery, but in a pleasant, almondy way.

The currants in Eat Me are really nicely balanced in when it's still wet on me, but afterwards is a little....icky.

Hmm . . . I wish I could think of some more mainstream "cake" scents, so you could experiment and see if it's the note or just the blend that's so off-putting. (I have an imp of Dana O'Shee, but I haven't gotten to test it yet--sinus issues are slowing me down. :P)

The only two blends I've tried that gave me a similar cake note were All Souls and Monster Bait: Closet. If I hadn't swapped mine back in the day, I'd send you some to test. On the plus side, both of these are LEs, and I can't think of any more really cakey scents . . . At least nothing that turned into rancid butter on my friend's skin . . . So I guess if worst comes to worst, and you turn cake batter into bad butter, at least you won't run into the problem very often!

Good luck aging your imp, and I hope that it works out for you--

Well, I am soon about to place my first order, which includes a bottle of Dorian, and imps of every kind that involve food of some sort! I was curious, is there any scent that smells like thin mints? Like just mint and chocolate? Every smell I've found that could potentially be so has florals, and florals tend to skip straight to the rotting stage on me. Have you tried any scents that bring this particular sweetie to mind?

Spooky smells exactly like thin mints, but it's a fairly old LE, so good luck finding it x___x;;

Dorian smells like sugar cookies, though <33 I think you'll like it =D

Well, I am soon about to place my first order, which includes a bottle of Dorian, and imps of every kind that involve food of some sort! I was curious, is there any scent that smells like thin mints? Like just mint and chocolate? Every smell I've found that could potentially be so has florals, and florals tend to skip straight to the rotting stage on me. Have you tried any scents that bring this particular sweetie to mind?

Tokyo Stomp is dead on for that scent. It's an LE but I'm sure you can find some in the Swaps/Sales threads or on eBay.

In the GC, of what I've tried I'd recommend Penthus for mintyness, and maybe layer it with something chocolatey like Bliss.

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp smells like mint-chocolate cookies, but some people (including me) get a plastic note from it. For this reason, even though it's a Limited Edition, you may not have much trouble finding a sample.

Good luck with your yum-yum search, and welcome to the forum!

Edit to add: jinx on posting with maribouquet at almost the same time, and I would also recommend her suggestion - not having tried Penthus personally, but Bliss is chocolate brownie batter heaven, and layered with something minty, it would be a winner!

Edited by AEris

Thank you! There is exactly one bottle of Tokyo Stomp on ebay, and I'm determined to buy it. All the non-bpal scents now strike me as incredibly fake smelling, so I get plastic and nasty notes out of all my regular ones now! I never thought I could be converted from my Burberry but Beth as done just that.

i'm going to third tokyo stomp. i have to wear less of it than my usual amount becaue the throw is so strong people fifteen feet away will say things like: "who's eating thin mints?" it's pure heaven in a bottle. i don't care for bliss, it smells far too synthetic to me.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

Edited by hkhm

I'm looking desperately for the perfect foody scent. But not just any foody sent.

Specifically, bread. A sweet, rich bread, like a brioche. Like a brioche with cream on top and a savory filling. Not that I want to smell like bacon and onions, mind, but something other than your classic fruits such as currant, cherry, strawberry, etc.

I don't want this scent to be the smell of fruit or chocolate or sugar so much as bread, cream, vanilla. The smell of cinnamon rolls rising on the counter. Brown sugar, dough, maybe fig or dates...

But!!

I also want to capture the smell of buttercream. This is a separate desire from the above. So I'm looking for 2 different bakery scents. One rich and savory and bready, the other, purest buttercream.

Help?

(I have bottles of Chanukkiyah and Love's Philosophy on the way. Never tried, but hoping they might work. So I'm looking for suggestions outside of these two.)

Thanks y'all!

It may sound odd, but the old Yule LE Herr Drosselmeyer smells just like hot buttered pannetone to me... sweet, but not cloying, toasty & brown with a trace of salty richness & just a hint of candied peel. It is teh YUM. I recall browsing through reviews a few days ago & coming across something the invoked "OMG cinnamon rolls!"... I'll go trolling & report back.

As for buttercream, the ever-elusive MB: Underpants is naturally my first thought. On a more realistic note, though, Eat Me might work for you - I got very little currant from it, mostly just cake & icing.

ETA: Might be worth a browsa through the Uber Foody Recs, too...

Edited by tartchef

I did a search for scents that had cinnamon, since you mentioned cinnamon rolls... the only two that sounded even remotely close would be Eclipse (which everyone said in reviews smelled more like almonds than anything else) and Gingerbread Poppet (gingerbread).

The only other ones that *might* be somewhat close, based on notes and some of the reviews, would be Eat Me (angelfood cake) or Dana O'Shee.

*shrug* Since I haven't tried any of the 4, I really can't say one way or the other, though.

--M

I have tried Eat Me, but I mostly get fruit and sugar from it. No real cake to speak of, sadly.

Gluttony just smlled putrid to me. I think maybe there was just too much going on.

I will definitely look into Cockaigne and Herr Whatchamacallit. Thanks for those.

Lyonesse smelled like cake to me. Not quite sure why, though...

Cockaigne does smell like cakey death, however, at least in the bottle. :P

Lyonesse smelled like cake to me. Not quite sure why, though...

Cockaigne does smell like cakey death, however, at least in the bottle. :P

The cakey notes in Lyonesse are BEAUTIFUL! But alas, I can't stand musk. And the musk in Lyonesse makes me smell like a man :D

Oh good, cakey death I can look forward to :D

It seems odd to me that I'm not finding bready/non cake specific scents. Maybe I should go blabber in the "please make some of this!" thread...