Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
imaginepageant

Cake, cookies, donuts, baked goods, even Cinnabon

I've been looking for any oil description that sounds donutty, but haven't seen one yet; all the sweet foody scents I'm seeing seem to be heavily vanilla or honey, which is great, but I really want that warm, sugary, doughy, bakery scent. Like the first breath you take when you walk into Krispy Kreme, or when you're passing the mini donut stand at amusement parks. I'm guessing Midway might have a bit of a donut scent to it, but otherwise, any suggestions?

Midway is good; also, if you can get your hands on any leftover Sugar Cookie from last Yule, it's so flat-out all-around sugary AND bakery that it may fit donut, as well as cookie, cravings. :P

I would recommend Gluttony. To me, it smells like a cinnamon/caramel roll. Quite yummy! :P

as far as I understand it Midway has 'funnel cakes' which are what I would call a ring doughnut :P I'm still waiting on my bottle to arrive this week - fingers crossed it's waiting for me at home right now!

Just a wee addition to my own post, for people who might be looking for donut scents, too! I now have Midway in my possession, and although I LOVE it, it's not at all donut to me. It's more cotton candy and butter to my nose.

Midway smells like Krispy Kreme donuts on me... its absolutely wonderful! I can't stop sniffing my wrists when I wear it, its awesome. Depending on the day, it starts out smelling like either cotton candy or buttered popcorn.. but goes right past that and settles on donuts - it lasts forever too! Midway is probably the longest lasting BPAL on me yet.. I've put it on in the morning and smelled it all through the night into the next morning. I'm just hoping that the bottles I have on order smell as good as this imp I've got!

hi

try march hare apricot and cinnamon tart

gingerbread poppet ginger cookies in the oven

a little different from vanilla but yummy xxxxxx

I've managed to convert my father to BPAL, and he is desperate for a scent that is not sweet like sugar cookie, but smells of biscuits/cookies?

(this is what I get for carrying my bpal in my MAC bag. I'm converting people all over the joint from the front desk. x3)

I've managed to convert my father to BPAL, and he is desperate for a scent that is not sweet like sugar cookie, but smells of biscuits/cookies?

(this is what I get for carrying my bpal in my MAC bag. I'm converting people all over the joint from the front desk. x3)

Kether - it smells like whatever happy comforting thing you can imagine. For me it smells like zweiback, but everyone has his/her own take. And for an added attaction it has "Beth" by its name on the diagram.

I second the rec of Kether (it's one of the Sephiroth blends). Smells like baked goods (almondy), but isn't sickly sweet.

Other ones worth trying: Eat Me, Drink Me, Elegba, Candy Butcher, Hollywood Babylon and Gluttony.

I get cinnamon biscuits from The Lion.

Edited by Finny

There actually was a Yule blend called Sugar Cookie. Maybe you can get someone to sell/give/swap you an imp.

There actually was a Yule blend called Sugar Cookie. Maybe you can get someone to sell/give/swap you an imp.

I did say I wanted an imp that wasn't sweet like sugar cookie in the post. :P

I got a sniff of Jolasveinar last weekend at our meet and sniff - and I think it will be make so many foodie fans happy, even though it's "more" than a foody fragrance. It really smells like Christmas in so many ways, then there's this pastry note in there that holds it all together. I can't wait to get my bottle! :P