Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
imaginepageant

Cake, cookies, donuts, baked goods, even Cinnabon

I was going to say Playful Wooden Mallets, but then I remembered that you do not love it...

How about mixing Chimera with Boo?

Good memory remembering PWM didn't work on me. Actually it worked but was too light. I did really like it though. I had Boo too but it didn't have staying power on me either. But I definately think I need a bottle of Chimera. It seems to be the holy grail of cinnamon roll scents! ;) Maybe I'll track down an imp first...

There's no reason you can't reapply boo as needed I often layer it with various gingerbreads. Gingerbread has more throw and duration than boo, so I touch up the boo. I don't see wh that might not wok layering with something cinnamon.

Got some imps of Chimera and I really like it. It's definately the cinnamon in a cinnabun just wish it had more of the buttercream frosting!

Teatime in Roswell was a recent win on me I love it! Cake and tea for sure. :yum:

I sold off a few of the Beaver Moon's because while they were goreous foodies my skin ate them up too fast. I realize I love foodies with amazing staying power.

I also have a bottle of Sprinklecake coming to me. I had a bottle but I hear there are variations and the bottle coming now should be different then the one I had originally. Can't wait! :D

Well keep the foodie and cake scents coming! I plan to come back to this thread more often. :yum:

Recently, I got a frimp of Bedbugs which smells like ginger cookies.

I absolutely adore it but it seems that I can't get a bottle of it. :frustrated:

Anyone know of similar scents I can try?

Really, Shub-Niggaruth is the most ginger-cookie scent I've smelled from BPAL. And to make it better, it's GC and impable.

Hmm - Atrous, there's a lot of Bedbug imps floating around - if you really really love it, you could post up an ISO and see if you can get hold of a bunch of imps.. if you get enough, you could make your own bottle of it! :)

But for alternatives.. hmm... if I remember correctly, Bedbug has a slight orange-y like flavour to it? I can't think of anything that's an exact match, but here's a couple you could try:

Mother Ginger (reviews here) - gingerbread, French vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and marshmallow cream - this one has a lovely creamy sweetness, and I got a slight citrus-y kind of tang from it, but is definitely all about the gingerbread.

Mother Shub's Gingerbread Temples (reviews here) - reviews on this one are mixed, and I can't remember if I've tried it, but it sounds like it could be worth a shot?

Those are LEs, but shouldn't be too hard to find... and aside from those, I second Shub from the GC but Gingerbread Poppet is probably the most gingerbread-cookie-esque BPAL I've come across.

In case you haven't seen it - there's a whole topic here about ginger, and one here about baked goods (including cookies) so you might be able to pick up some ideas from those :smile:

Edited to fix a wonky link.

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

Recently, I got a frimp of Bedbugs which smells like ginger cookies.

I absolutely adore it but it seems that I can't get a bottle of it. :frustrated:

Anyone know of similar scents I can try?

Yes, sadly this did not come out as a bottle...it was a freebie given out at a Will Call a long time ago, but maybe you can collect a bunch and have a bottle's worth! Good luck!!

Shub Niggurath, definitely definitely. War in the Neil Gaiman collection is also very cookie-y to me and on me. I don't know that anybody else feels that way :lol:

Also, to me, Penny Dreadful smelled kind of like crumbly cookies, but not ginger cookies.

Definitely Shub. Also I've found that the Exotic Bazaar atmo from BPTP is amazingly gingery and just fabulous, and compliments Shub really well!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! :D

Sounds like Shub-Niggurath has the most votes. I like that it is GC and I can get an imp of it.

I'll also be on the lookout for Gingerbread Poppet and Mother Ginger. I got hungry just reading the description for Mother Ginger. :yum:

Sunshinedaisybliss - thanks for the additional forum ideas. I will be checking out the links.

_________

So, thought I'd add an update in case anyone is interested in that Bedbug scent the way I am.

After getting my imp of Shub I immediately applied it. Boy, there's ginger alright. But it wasn't quite right. It was missing honey. I rummaged around in my imp box and found O. I layered O with Shub and

WOOHOO! Bedbugs, lots of them...on steroids. :yum:

Thanks again everyone :cheers:

Edited by Atrous

I'll also be on the lookout for Gingerbread Poppet and Mother Ginger. I got hungry just reading the description for Mother Ginger. :yum:

Gingerbread Poppet has been released several times with the winter Yule update (2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010).

Here are links to some people selling bottles:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/80559-ladywenchs-sales/page__p__2294424__hl__%2Bgingerbread+%2Bpoppet__fromsearch__1#entry2294424

http://www.bpal.org/topic/80234-captainoats-sales/page__p__2282317__hl__%2Bgingerbread+%2Bpoppet__fromsearch__1#entry2282317

http://www.bpal.org/topic/78672-vintage-bpal-5mls-march-hare-mr-nancy-orig-perilous-parlous-original-and-more/page__p__2213611__hl__%2Bgingerbread+%2Bpoppet__fromsearch__1#entry2213611

Mother Ginger is less easy to find, but sounds glorious - now I want some too!

Here's some links for decants (imp-sized samples) of it for sale:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/80212-sales-of-sheena/page__p__2280778__hl__%2Bmother+%2Bginger__fromsearch__1#entry2280778

http://www.bpal.org/topic/79601-shadesongs-destashing-party/page__p__2255044__hl__%2Bmother+%2Bginger__fromsearch__1#entry2255044

http://www.bpal.org/topic/79201-yummy-les-and-a-tee-oh-my/page__p__2236991__hl__%2Bmother+%2Bginger__fromsearch__1#entry2236991

If you want help learning how to use the advanced search function to quickly find things for sale that you're interested in, PM me and I can give you details. :)

Edited by AEris

Really, Shub-Niggaruth is the most ginger-cookie scent I've smelled from BPAL. And to make it better, it's GC and impable.

Agreed! And it also gets better with aging!

So, I ordered some imps and made sure to include Shub-Niggurath. Can't wait to get my order :joy:

I hope the GC scent works...it's cheaper and I know it will be available.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Shub, Gingerbread Poppet or Mother Ginger :wub2:

Hmmm Mother Ginger sounds interesting, might have to check that out. Maybe it'll return with Yules?

Lots of new bakery scents in the last few years, so I'm necro bumping so you guys can help complete the lists of our favorites

Boo (marshmallows)

The Gorobble (melty marshmallows)

Stekjarstaurr, Stale Sugar-crusted Marshmallow Chick (marshmallows)

Gollettes (strawberry donut)

Monsterbait Underpants (sexy cake)

Monsterbait Closet and Underbed (different dessert cake confectionery things) Bloody Mary (cherry dessert)

Sugar Cookie

Beaver Moon 05 (cheesecake)

Spooky and Tokyo Stomp (thin mint cookies)

Heck on Wheels (red velvet cake)

Mari Lywd (Lavender cake)

Jolasveinar (violet and pastries)

Gingerbread Poppet and Flesh Eating Reindeer from Uranus (gingerbread)

Huesos de Santo, Gunpowder (orange and carrot cake)

Sprinkle Cake (Lilith cupcake)

Cake Smash (self explanatory)

Very Pink Surprise Cake

Liliths Bubblegum and Roses

Liliths Tea Party (roses, tea, and pastries)

Braving the Ice (iced mint cookies)

Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie, Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcake

Splatter Comedy, The 12th (banana cream pie)

Cheshire Moon (creamy cake)

Mystical Aphorisms of the Fortune Cookie (almond cookies)

Great London Spaghetti Hunt (tiramisu)

My Little Grotesque (cardamom cupcakes)

Little More Tea (tea and cookies)

Knock Out Drops (lemon cookies)

Baby's First Con Panel (chocolate chip cookies and pretzels)

Anne Beany (rum cake)

Pralines and Powdered Sugar (seen on etsy, recently!)

Teatime in Roswell (Battenberg Cake, but faint)

Chocolate Stout Cupcake

Hard Cider Cake

Salted Caramel Shortbread

Gattepefur (buttered bread and marmalade)

Strawberry, Raspberry and Black Current Sufganiyot

Brunch Witches (pancakes)

Little Lady MacBeth (red currant honey cake)

King Cake

Take a Knee, Star Promenade (Apple pie)

Gingerbread Lust, Goblin, Sin, Dodo, Cathedral, Satyr

Gingerbread, Red Fruits and Jam

Gingerbread, Vetiver and Black Clove

Gingerbread, Orange Peel and Champaca Flower

Gingerbread, Vanilla and Pink Pepper

Gingerbread, Mint, and Matcha Tea

Cinnamon Chai Cupcake

Cardamom Cream Pumpkin Cake

Pumpkin Brownies

Feeding the Dead

Singularly At Ease (scones, cookies, rum cake)

Edited by sprout

I love FOODIE scents!!! They are my jam! I want to talk about all the Cookie scents BPAL has done! Sugar Cookie is my all time favorite and I’ve tried all other cookie scents I believe!! What’s your favorite cookie scent??? I want to know....

I just got a side job at a bakery; does anyone have good bakery scents to recommend either GC or current catalog/limited editions? Thanks in advance :)

Specifically I'm looking for cake scents other than Eat Me because I'll be a cake decorating apprentice ( :

57 minutes ago, scentedbythesun said:

I just got a side job at a bakery; does anyone have good bakery scents to recommend either GC or current catalog/limited editions? Thanks in advance :)

Specifically I'm looking for cake scents other than Eat Me because I'll be a cake decorating apprentice ( :

Several of the scents in support of Ukraine are based on baked goods, if not exactly cake. I’m particularly looking forward to Chocolate Babke. There’s Hildegard’s Cakes of Joy and Mari Lwyd from the most recent winter line and Amor To Show That He Was Pleased from the current Lupers. The Lilith scents usually include a full on cake with frosting but they’re not currently available. Good luck! It sounds like so much fun!

Yes! Waiting for more reviews of Chocolate Babka because I did not like Olisbab something or other (the bread one) from this year's Lupercalia. I'll probably get Chocolate Buttercream from the lupers and I have Amor to show.. and love it. I was thinking about trying Hildegard's cakes. Have you tried it? 

14 minutes ago, Lucchesa said:

Several of the scents in support of Ukraine are based on baked goods, if not exactly cake. I’m particularly looking forward to Chocolate Babke. There’s Hildegard’s Cakes of Joy and Mari Lwyd from the most recent winter line and Amor To Show That He Was Pleased from the current Lupers. The Lilith scents usually include a full on cake with frosting but they’re not currently available. Good luck! It sounds like so much fun!

9 minutes ago, scentedbythesun said:

Yes! Waiting for more reviews of Chocolate Babka because I did not like Olisbab something or other (the bread one) from this year's Lupercalia. I'll probably get Chocolate Buttercream from the lupers and I have Amor to show.. and love it. I was thinking about trying Hildegard's cakes. Have you tried it? 

No, but my dear friend Teamama loves it!