Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
imaginepageant

Cake, cookies, donuts, baked goods, even Cinnabon

Mah dear witch got me a bottle of Blackberry Jam and Scones and this is AMAZING on me. Are there any other scents in this family? I'd take either ones that have the same blackberry note OR the same kind of buttery pastry note. It is so good I have to have more!

Foody scents I've tried that aren't quite right: Cake Smash v6, Monsterbait: Underbed, Monsterbait: Closet, Beaver'versary, Beavermoon 2010...

Mah dear witch got me a bottle of Blackberry Jam and Scones and this is AMAZING on me. Are there any other scents in this family? I'd take either ones that have the same blackberry note OR the same kind of buttery pastry note. It is so good I have to have more!

Foody scents I've tried that aren't quite right: Cake Smash v6, Monsterbait: Underbed, Monsterbait: Closet, Beaver'versary, Beavermoon 2010...

for the blackberry note try Couple Consulting an Enpon =)

Have you tried Lady Una? Smells like a honey cake drizzled with fresh blackberries and a cup of green tea to me :)

Have you tried Knave of Hearts? Its description is: Crushed roses and blackcurrant tarts.

I find the pastry note in this to be most similar to the BBJ&S one, which is actually pretty unique to my nose. A lot of the cakey ones you've said don't work for you have what I consider a "moist cake" type note, whereas BBJ&S has a bit of a drier, buttery light pastry note.

I also hesitate to recommend this because it's impossible to find, but The Crumpet Rebellion has a similar sort of pastry but not cakey foody note. I find the Knave of Hearts quite similar in terms of the pastry involved, but I know that the currants involved don't work for everyone.

I'd second Lady Una as having a similar blackberry note, but my favorite blackberry blend is The Oblation (A stirring blend of dianthus, French lavender, blackberry, and white honey.) Possibly more difficult to find, just because it isn't a repeated-visit LE, but shouldn't be impossible to track down some to test.

Good luck! :)

Have you tried Lady Una? Smells like a honey cake drizzled with fresh blackberries and a cup of green tea to me :)

Ohhhh yes I second this. I don't really get green tea because I amp the sweet stuff but Lady Una is delicious.

Also, try Eat Me! It's buttery cake and currants. :D

Normally, I am an all floral/fruity kind of girl... But lately I want to smell like... cakes and sweets! I definitely have "Eat Me" thrown into my next imp pack. I find a lot of the Mad Tea Party line falls towards foody. Alice's Evidence smelled like rum raisin cinnamon toast, and I really enjoyed it. :lol: I also remember Alice smelling like spiced delicious cake too but it was one of the very first BPALs I tried, haven't retried since, so that's probably gonna get thrown in my order anyway.

I hope to get some GC recommendations, as I'm not into hunting down LEs. Thanks guys!

Lilith's Tea Party has a similar pastry note to my nose with a bit of strawberry jam-iness, but also a bit of rose.

Desiccated Frostberry Pie Filling(from the BPTP Underworld Cup update a bit ago) has a similar berry and pastry vibe to me as well.

Normally, I am an all floral/fruity kind of girl... But lately I want to smell like... cakes and sweets! I definitely have "Eat Me" thrown into my next imp pack. I find a lot of the Mad Tea Party line falls towards foody. Alice's Evidence smelled like rum raisin cinnamon toast, and I really enjoyed it. :lol: I also remember Alice smelling like spiced delicious cake too but it was one of the very first BPALs I tried, haven't retried since, so that's probably gonna get thrown in my order anyway.

I hope to get some GC recommendations, as I'm not into hunting down LEs. Thanks guys!

I love the foody ones (although I hate Eat Me -- something in there doesn't agree with my chemistry!) and so in the GC I would suggest:

Cockaigne

The Knave of Hearts

Miskatonic University (this smells ridiculously of coffee shop and pastries on me)

Chimera (smells like cinnamon buns to me, especially aged)

Hellcat

Velvet (chocolatey!)

Shub-Niggurath (gingernsnaps!)

Centzon Totochtin (also chocolatey, less sweet)

Queen Alice

Bread and Butterfly

High-Strung Daisies (this smells like pink spun sugar to me)

Good luck! :)

Hungry Ghost Moon 2011. It's an Evil Italian Cookie. So good. I find myself wanting to smell the bottle...

How about some Gollettes? It smells like a strawberry doughnut to me.

And I love Pickled Imp if I want to smell like a cinnamon bun.

@ astarinel - All your reqs sound great! I'm hoping to have good luck with "Eat Me" because it sounds like what I'm really looking for, but I know others haven't had good luck with it. Here's crossing my fingers.

Eat Me is definitely the best "cake" scent in the GC, however, you may also want to try The Witch's Repast (kvass, honey-drizzled bread, roasted meat, and wine). I know it probably sounds a little scary with the meat, but I've found this one really depends on your skin chemistry. Some people get more of the pepper note (most say it's much more pepper than "meat" per se, thankfully), but I believe many people smell a great, honey-drenched bread. That was my experience, at least. It's actually very warm and comforting with just a bit of a kick, and the "bread" note can definitely make this feel like a delicious honey cake scent if your skin cooperates. The booze isn't super noticeable imo, so it might be worth a shot!

Edited by Balame

OOh I love these recs. I read through the whole thread. I love all things "cakey" I have Eat Me, Golletes, Snake Oil, Sprinklecake those are cakey to some degree on me.

Looking for any new ones to try prefer things I can easily find.

I am very curious to try Chimera, Bengal and Dana O'Shee...

Gimme More :joy:

I just scanned my spreadsheet for the word cake :lol:

Midway and Cake Smash, definitely, though they are harder to find. On me, Midway was lighter and creamier, while Cake Smash is heavy on the batter but deliciously feminine, probably thanks to the Snake Oil.

Teatime in Roswell is another LE, but I see it around more often. The cucumber makes it refreshing, but it's definitely a bready/cakey scent (not so sweet though).

Lilith's Tea Party smelled like the strawberry version of Teatime in Roswell, and I think they shared the same cake note.

In the GC I think Bread and Butterfly is very interesting and worth a look. The bread with the sugar, cream and tea is really nice, and rather different.

Lots of pie and cheesecake scents as well, though I think those are also harder to find.

Huesos de Santos is delicious and I think would be right up your alley... creamy, custardy orange and anise cake.

Chanukkiyah was (shockingly) too sweet and foody for me, fruit and cinnamon donuts.

Cockaigne smelled like cinnamon sugar oatmeal, or oatmeal cookies, to me.

Sprinklecakes is straight up cupcakes.

I get a lot of Muskiness in Eat me...I love it, but the cake note all but disappears on me.

Has anyone tried Mr. Nancy and found it very cookie-like?

Sugar cookies with bay rum, tobacco, and lime.

I have a decant of Mr Nancy and I found it to be spicy lime sugar cookies at first, a little tobacco for a minute, but not over powering, then spicy cookies in the dry down. I don't like tobacco or bay rum really and I am looking for a bottle of Mr Nancy- it is lovely!

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat-mellow, sweet lemony goodness, buy it while you can!

O- honey, very yummy and grounding

I'm back and I need a BPAL that smells like a cinnamon bun. Now I know it's been mentioned a bit before but I need a real cinnabon cinnamon bun smell. Like cinnamon, pastry, cake, sugar, and that decadent buttercream frosting! I don't want just cinnamon I need the frosting and sugar as well...please help. I will be reading way back into this thread as well. But I want some current recs too... :wub:

EDIT: I also need great throw and longevity too. A must!! :twisted:

Edited by Vanilla323

I was going to say Playful Wooden Mallets, but then I remembered that you do not love it...

How about mixing Chimera with Boo?