Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lameir

Fendi?

So my mum's been using Fendi for years and years, but it was discontinued in 2006 (I think) and has been getting more and more difficult to find. Naturally I thought, hey, while she's looking for an alternative -- why not try and enable her?

scentagious.com says:

Fendi is categorized as a chypre-floral.

Top Notes: bergamot, aldehydes, rosewood, fruits

Heart Notes: jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, geranium, carnation

Base Notes: patchouli, musk, leather, sandalwood, cedarwood, spices, amber, vanilla

I've tested it a couple of times myself, but I'm just not good enough at picking out notes yet. I can strongly smell leather, wood, and rose. Something fresh that I think may be the bergamot, and under it, a musky smell not unlike Coyote. It starts out very harsh and dry, almost masculine, then eventually softens a bit into a slightly sweeter scent.

Hrm.

I thought Libertine (Rosewood and chamomile with bergamot, violet, red sandalwood, primrose and Arabian musk.) might be a good fit -- it doesn't have the leather, but it supposedly smells very woody, dry and rich. Also perhaps Casanova (A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.) for the combination of leather, bergamot, and amber to warm it. Maybe Lyonesse (Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.), but I think that might be too sweet ...

Any other recommendations? Thoughts? *hopeful*

I love Fendi, and wore it often until I discovered bpal. I'm probably around your mom's age. I've never tried to find a bpal that specifically mirrors Fendi, but some of my favorite bpal scents are Snake Oil, Dragon's Heart, Mme. Moriarty, and Chrysanthemum Moon. You might let her try imps of those and see what she thinks (decants of Mme. Moriarty and Mum Moon are quite available.) Each of these is different from Fendi, but they all have a spicy vibe on me, some sweeter than others.

Sorry for the late reply/bump, and thanks a lot for the suggestions! I'll make her a GC imp pack first (Ozymandias, Odin, Dragon's Heart, Libertine, Casanova, Snake Oil?), then perhaps try LEs if she still isn't convinced. :P

Sign in to follow this