Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sierona

Glasya

Created in honor of the fiery, vicious Princess of Hell and bloodthirsty general who governs thirty-six legions of infernal warriors. Her lust for bloodshed and manslaughter is matched only by her love of the classical arts and sciences - definitely a woman that we respect. A seething, fiery blend of dragon's blood, deep myrrh, red and black musks, civet and thick red patchouli, glistening with drops of rose and ylang ylang.

Now I finally have time to review this, although i have had it in my posession for a while. This scent was a must buy for me during the resurrecteds since it contains so many beloved notes: dragon's blood, myrrh, patchouli, musk...

However, of course by murphy's law, when I put this on my skin, sharp rose began to take over. I can't see how rose would dominate such strong scents, but it did, to the point where I was beginning to get a headache (after 1/2 hour of wear). Oh bother. This is definitely going to a new home.

Pity that the rose in this is of the variety that hates my skin! :P

In bottle: Musky sweet dragon's blood.

On me: I'm really hoping this is more dragon's blood than florals. And it is, although much sharper than it smelled in the bottle. Strongly musky/animalistic - hello musk and civet! Getting a *smidge* of the chemically rose, but all in all I like this one.

Bottle: earthy, sweet musk

Wet: warming, and gaining breadth, plus hints of rose

Dry: the resins and musks are deep and resounding, the patchouli is keeping a respectful distance (the red is better on me, anyway, the black tends to go composty), and the rose isn't as aggressive (which is a good thing, it was pretty large and in charge for a while)

Later: oh my, this has mellowed into a lovely, musky, resinous gem with just a hint of floral....the ylang ylang didn't even go nuts on me as it's been known to do. This is exactly what I hoped it would be!

This is another one of the scents that I can't believe I haven't reviewed, as it's one of my all-time favorites. I'm basing this on the original, although it sounds just like the new reviews...yay!

My skin loves dragon's blood. Loooooves it. So that's the dominant note that I get from Glasya, but the musk, patchouli, and civet all swirl in to give it a bit of a bite. After that, the rose just peeks out, keeping it from being too heavy.

This scent is amazing; I actually had a professor stop lecturing and compliment me on it mid-class once. Thank you, Beth, for bringing it back, even if only for a while.

Glasya was discontinued soon after I placed my first order with the Lab. Of course, I received a frimp afterwards and really liked it. When it was Resurrected, hooray!

In bottle: strong dark red floral

On skin: bubblegum! But that's dragon's blood on me. While most of the Ars Draconis blends are too much for me, the other florals here (especially rose, which I love) calm the DB down

Half-hour later: Ah yes, there's why I kept the frimp for over 2 years -- the musk darkens the florals and resins and it's so drop-dead sexy. This one lasts and lasts on me too, it's dreamy :P

In conclusion: While the description sounds way too harsh, this is another surprise blend that impresses and amazes. I'm so glad I finally have a bottle!

GLASYA

In Bottle: Sweet, powdery and musky

On Skin: I smell the musks right away, deep and full. The myrrh gives a powdery note and the dragon’s blood is very sweet and red in feel. The florals give a nice feminine edge while the patchouli and civet bring a raw and almost feral feel. This scent has so many levels. I like that the notes all seem to balance each other out and blend so well. This is a masterpiece of a scent. It has several notes I usually hate: civet, patchouli and rose, but it also has notes I love: musk and myrrh. With such strong notes, I thought it would be a strong scent, but on me it is quite light in throw. It does have a dark mood though, red and sexy. I do love this scent and will be wearing it for sure. Light to medium throw and average to long wearlength.

This is straight powder on me.

I'm going to re-test it after "that time of the month" is over and see if I have a different reaction.

In the bottle is a thick, dark, fiery scent. I want it to smell like that on me!

Glasya

Based on her description of being bloodlusty but also cultured I had to try her out. The notes sounded attractive..despite the civet..because although civet can be rather off-putting it does lend strength in a blend..and I wasn't afraid to dive in.

Dragons Blood somehow seems to translate on me as intense floral...so that coupled with the musks, patchouli, myrrh and glistening drops of rose, ylang/ylang and yes..the civet all seemed too darn seductive to pass up.

I am glad I took the plunge. This is unbelievable. How the heck it was discontinued boggles my mind..I am so tempted to try to score down another bottle.

All this...before my official review.

Initial sniff from bottle:Yes...it does smell a bit fiery..smells powerful..but heady..I get some sort of floral..I want to say it's more ylang ylang and dragon's blood than rose..sitting on top of something strong..maybe it's the musks and patchouli??? It's intense..but in a smoldering sort of way.

Applied wet on skin: BAM!!! I am hit with the floral and musk mix and yes..the civet note is rounding out the back..and NO it doesn't smell like cat box or dirty diaper on me at all..more just a touch animalistic..but it adds a degree of wildness..it's dangerously sexy.

Couple of minutes on skin: While this is warming on my skin it blooms. It's more now the patchouli/myrhh in the forefront giving it a bit of an herbal/woody slant at moments..but then the scent starts settling back into the musk/floral duo doing support with the patchouli/myrhh. I am sure the civet is here but it works seamlessly in this blend.

The throw is pretty darn good...actually it's great...medium to strong

Sometimes this smells more herbal/woody with the musks and floral in the background..and then it flip flops...all the while retaining that "red" feel..sexy, hot, dangerous.

It's kind of like Debauchery...except this is her cousin .

Half an hour later: It's all still there-the melange of earthy/musky/floral. At this point the ylang/ylang and dragons blood make a bit more room for the rose..which by the way works wonderfully well on me in this blend. I think the other notes balance the rose so that it doesn't come across on me as the ONLY floral note in this blend..and I love it. I don't have many fragrances that I wear with rose..but this does it for me.

Hour later:Still the same players at the party...it's a steady pulse on my skin...sinuous...settling into my skin so that I just emanate this scent. :P

Drydown:Warm traces of floral and musk and myrhh

Lasting power??? Try 12+ hours..this chick does NOT play around.

Bottom Line:Glasya is really a fiery, sexy, and dangerous fragrance. I loved wearing it yesterday and will enjoy her again today. Definitely a fall/winter scent. I am thrilled that it worked so well on me as I didn't have much success with the other "sexy" fragrance Loviatar. Nice to know I scored on this one. Bravo Beth!!! :D

This review is for the Resurrected version (and here's hoping she may be resurrected again sometime!)

In the bottle: Musks and resins, heady, but almost sugary at the same time. This must be what They mean by “boozy”!

On: Just indescribably marvellous. This is the scent that made me realize I adore red musk – already knew that I adore Dragon’s blood, myrrh, and ylang-ylang. It’s a bit heavy at first, and over time settles into a sweet, spicy, sexy scent. Overall it proclaims resins, but each note contributes something. It is similar to Smut and Lust, but sweeter than either of those. Throw and staying power are strong.

(I'm not sure if my imp is the original or the Resurrected version. My imp looks like it's been around, so I'm guessing the original!)

I will admit that I'm trying Glasya because my imp is cracked and I figured I might as well. :P Now my cracked imp is in a little bag so I can at least sniff without fear of complete spillage. Let me say that this is not the fiery blend I was expecting, but on me is quite sweetly floral with a little spice and musk.

The patchouli blooms on drydown, which gives it quite a bit of staying power. The other notes keep it reined in.

I get a feeling of murky dark burgundy from this scent.

Thankfully, I get none of the black musk or the civet. I like this one, but don't looooooooove it, which just means that I don't have to track it down in all its discontinued wonder!

Edited by Grifyn

In the bottle: myrrh, red musk and dragon's blood, possibly a bit of florals too.

Wet: A surprisingly light mix between red musk and dragon's blood, with civet coming into the mix and making it a bit earthy

Drydown: It's a little bit plasticky from the civet, with definite rose and a hints of ylang ylang, but mostly red musk dominating the blend. I think that the dragon's blood has also gone a bit floral, it's definitely noticeable. I think I get the patchouli, too, as a backdrop. Extreme drydown is sweet and powdery from the black musk and rose, not very pleasant.

Overall: It's a warm and sensual blend, I'd say pretty seductive if red musk and civet are your thing. It's an interesting mixture, too, of "base" sensuality in the musks and more refined sensuality in the florals, which fits the description of Glasya very well. It's a pity it isn't stronger on the myrrh, because I find it a little bit tame and not quite "me" (I can wear civet without ill effects, but it's not my thing).

I got this simply for the fact that I'm a DnD freak who deals with the Infernal Realms a lot in campaigns.

In The Bottle: Very sweet. For some reason I keep expecting to smell spice.

On the skin: The sweetness has turned into a cloying floral, eep.

Dry: Now it smells like a seductive incense, and I'm getting a lot of compliments for it. This is more like it!

I got this because all of the notes are ones I like and I've been looking for more musky scents besides Smut and Fenris Wolf.

On my skin this amps rose like nothing else!!! Good thing I like rose! Its a warm rose to be sure, but I was really hoping the musk, dragon's blood and patchouli would dominate. Its strong and seems like it will last well. I'll keep it for the nonce in hopes it drys down better, but the rose is SOOOOO overpowering on me!

I’m sorry this is discontinued as it’s a scent I could wear a lot for when I want to feel exotic. Rose and ylang ylang with a hint of DBR and other resins behind. rich and sensual and exotic while still surprisingly comfortable.

Stunning, fiery blend. Glasya's description alone would have made me buy this scent. I bought a bottle on Ebay and have been waiting for just the right occasion to wear this as I think you have to be in the mood to wear a strong scent such as this one. This is an elegant fire, and a feminine force to be reckoned with. On applying, it was spicy and resiny but the rose and ylang ylang pop up pretty quickly, bringing out the princess. I can detect the myrrh as well and I believe the musk. I'm curious as to how this will be hours from now. I'm not getting too much patchouli, only a hint in the background and as I typed this, the myrrh has come out a bit strong. I love when Beth's blends keep morphing and showing different notes as this one does. I'm glad I have a bottle of this!

Glasya is my sex in a bottle. I feel so erotically powerful when I have it on. She's strong, this one is. So potent, I must choose wisely when I wear her. I do so hope she comes back as a GC scent someday...

Something in this gave me itchy welts on my hand almost instantly, and I'm not sure what. I love red musk, dragon's blood, patchouli, and all those good things, so I'm wondering if it's the civet since I tend to stay away from civet. I did get a sexy musky whiff of it before I had to wash my hand, though, and mmmm, nice!

I may try it again on another body part, just to see what happens. Otherise Glasya and I are not going to be friends.

I got to try this imp through the Civet Evangelism Sniffing Circle courtesy of JennyGardener! Everything but the rose & ylang sound good... (hopes)

in imp: woah. rose soap and lovely lovely civet. *crosses fingers*

on wet: 7:48 - =/ rose is overpowering everything, but underneath the ROSE! I can tell there are some absolutely wonderful things! musks and resins and ooh! Please, rose, go away!

drydown: 8:00 - aw crap, now not only is there ROSE! but there's also YLANG! If I try, I can catch just a whiff of the previous woody/resiny/musky loveliness... but really it's all floral soap. :P

8:40 - roseroseroserose. Soap. Since I know it's there, I can tell there are other notes, but really, my skin just amps rose like crazy. Foo and bleh.

in the bottle: darkly floral, resinous undertones. cloying.

wet on skin: this smells like floor cleaner. :P

dry down: wow. this is just horrendous on me. rose, but like the distillation of old ladies and embalming fluid fresh from the funeral home- and NOT in a good way.

in all: this just does not work on me.

trade, anyone??? :D

From the Civet Evangelism sniffing circle:

Wet, I get rose and ylang-ylang and musk. I'm not picking up on the civet, but just when I think I'm catching a whiff -- BAM! -- hello, rose! And ylang-ylang! Wow, this one really amps more than I remember. Maybe it's the aging. I have a bottle of the resurrected version, and I'm not sure if this decant is the original or later edition...but wow. Lotsa lotsa rose, thickened and enriched by heady ylang-ylang. It doesn't smell as kick-ass as I recall, more old ladyish. Now a little red musk is peeking out. So maybe a kick-ass old lady.

In bottle: Smells like headachy incense and slightly soapy. I'm scared to try it.

Wet: Grrr...still overpowering incense smell, I think its the red patchouli. Also the musks are coming over very strongly.

Dry: I've actually developed a bad headache. It smells very musty (as well as musky), like a middle aged hippy that has just eaten their entire supply of incense sticks. The soapy smell has completely disappeared to leave me feeling as if an incense stick has been inserted up my nose.

Verdict: I know that these types of ingredients can smell amazing on some people. But obviously the patchouli and musks don't agree with the chemistry of my skin. I'm so disappointed as it is one of the first fragrances I tried. However, I'm in love with some of the others so alls well that ends well.

Marks out of 10: 1

I love dragon's blood and the story surrounding Glasya, which is what prompted me to get this bottle.

It doesn't smell like dragon's blood on me, though. Maybe it's the civet drowning it out, i'm not sure.

I'm still undecided on this one and will have to test it a few more times before deciding if this is a bottle I want to keep or swap.

In the bottle this struck me as dark, dirty and very earthy. Bloody, but not in a Dragon's Blood way...in a "i've just slaughtered a bunch of people" sort of way.

On my skin wet there were lovely light floral notes, the civet came out, and some lovely muskiness.

Now that it's dried down, it's much more floral...i can detect the rose, but it's very mingled with dark musks and civet.

It's a warm, red scent. Like blood.

I like it, but so far am not in love with it. The label is wonderful, though.

But like I said, this is my first time trying it so I need to sample it a few times before making up my mind.

Courtesy JennyGardener and WOOT the Civet Circle:

Does it mean I'm a bad person if I say that Glasya and I are friendly?

Not in love. Not desperate for each other. But friendly. Passing acquaintances.

In other words, she ain't half bad on me.

In the vial I get patchouli, a little freshness, an oily slipperiness. That Glasya!

On the skin a nice rose is floating about there, sauntering around with the musks.

The rose really dances for a while, then falls back.

Frankly Glasya is really mild tempered around me and hangs about the skin.

Clearly she's not after blood so much as hanging out on the sofa with some mild tea and a good book...okay, maybe a book that's been banned somewhere, but that's about the extent of it.

I think she's going to get up and leave very soon. Probably doesn't want to hang around anywhere there's not much bloodsport. Something underneath is going to be very pleasant when it dries. Probably the rose and resin will hang around. The laugh of Glasya.

But the body will be gone and off to torment some other soul.

On me, she's a well mannered, fleeting guest. Sweet even!

I...I'm so ashamed!

Edited by SueDonym

:D :P

Why was this resurrected before I had the chance to try it??!! WHY?!?!?!

Because the universe has a very basic and rather cruel sense of humour, that's why.

This is gorgeous! It's very apparent that this is a blend of musks and not just civet. Attempting to describe this one to my boyfriend on chat I said it smelled like sex and poisoned roses. I thought I got a whiff of red wine from this at first. Incredibly sexy floral musk with a bitter edge to it. I could happily wear this all the time.

This review is of the resurrected version.

I love every single note in this, though I was a bit worried about whether the ylang ylang would play nicely.

Just wow. Why was this discontinued? This is gorgeously balanced - I can easily pick out every single note, and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. There is a deep heat in it from the dragon's blood and myrrh that strongly evokes the concept and heats the musks and patchouli. The rose and ylang ylang are simply gorgeous - without them, the scent would still be powerful, but they make it beautiful.

Edited by GreenSpine