Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sierona

Glasya

<span style='color:darkred'>From Diabolus:</span>

Created in honor of the fiery, vicious Princess of Hell and bloodthirsty general who governs thirty-six legions of infernal warriors. Her lust for bloodshed and manslaughter is matched only by her love of the classical arts and sciences - definitely a woman that we respect. A seething, fiery blend of dragon's blood, deep myrrh, red and black musks, civet and thick red patchouli, glistening with drops of rose and ylang ylang.

Glasya to me is definately a very "hot" scent. Not a sexy hot... more so resiny and spicy kinda... its very fiery and very dark (i particularly smell the dragon's blood, myrrh and musks) but with a slight feminine floral edge to it (i can definately pick out the ylang ylang and i love ylang ylang). I actually am really liking this but oddly enough i think this is brought out my temper a little today lol... (its fading a lil faster on me then some of the other oils. I like this one alot but i think i perfer lilith as my "dark scent".)

This one is a little strong for me. The myrrh note seems to come to the fore on me, and myrrh is one of those scents that I don't like to smell all day, as I find it a little too sharp and heavy. This is a deep, dark, exotic scent, definitely makes an impact but not for everyday.

Okay. I tried it, even though I knew the civet was going to be a problem on me. Glasya surprised me, though; it stayed crisp and fiery with the myrrh and dragon's blood - spicy, almost cinnamon-y, - and softly, sexily floral, which has to be the ylang-ylang.

Rose never makes its way out of the mix on me, and the red patchouli, while there, stays mellow and ties down the other notes. Doesn't get too animalistic, which civet seems to do on me, and stays hot and full of passion.

I won't be able to wear this one, unfortunately. I can't take more than about five minutes without a piercing headache planting itself firmly behind my eyes; I wish I knew which note did that, as I rarely have this problem with BPALs.

wet: love. musky, dark, but lightly rosey.

dry: about the same. the rose weaves in and out, but it's definitely a dark rose, one you wouldn't want to anger. it's not as aggressive as loviatar, but it's not a a perfume for someone who doesn't know their mind.

i like it. i really, really like it.. beth predicted that i would a few months ago, and she was definitely spot on! :P

In the bottle: Quite honestly, I really disliked Glasya on first sniff. I think it was the ylang-ylang coming out in full force(I'm not exactly a ylang-ylang fan!)...it was waaaay too much for me.

Wet: Still very ylang-ylang-y, although not as bad as before. I don't know *exactly* what myrrh, civet, and the musks smell like (I'm only mildly aquainted with white musk, not at all with red or black) but some combination of them must be coming out a bit now, because the ylang-ylang is receeding. I don't smell any dragon's blood or rose whatsoever.

Dry: Ahh. The ylang-ylang issue seems to be entirely over now...I still can't pick out any dragon's blood or rose, but the overall scent is quite nice. It reminds me a lot of a more "traditional" perfume---nothing specific, but the "feel" of it is quite similar...it's like all of the things I like about the "heavier" over-the-counter scents, but none of the chemical harshness. It is a warm, comfortable scent.

In the end, I don't think Glasya is the scent for me. I'll try it at least once more, though, as I do like it, but I think I will end up giving this one to my mother, who absolutely adores it! :P

Edited by Morrighana

On first sniff: sharp, with resins and a lot of spice. Interesting.

Dry down: Very powdery on my skin. I'm guessing it's the musks? Still spicy. I could like it if not for the powdery smell.

Later: A sweet note seems to be edging its way out from beneath the powder. Not bad, but still doesn't overcome this powdery scent on my skin.

I don't think this one is for me.

Second wear: I don't know what was up with my nose the other day. Maybe scent overload from trying all my new imps! Wore Glasya again today. WONDERFUL! I love this scent. It starts out with a strong scent of resins and spices. Then something green fights through to make itself known. About 20 minutes later, a sweet note starts to show itself, but the resins and spices are still dominant.

Several hours later it's still not powdery on me at all. It smells like the remnants of some good incense. I like this one a lot!

Edited by Vicious Mistress

First Impression: Dragon's Blood, I love it so.

Second Impression: This is the deepest, most mysterious of the Dragon's Blood scents I've sampled. It's seductive and musky.

Final Analysis: A very sexy sniff. I really like this because once the muskiness and darnkess fades, I get light sweet whiffs of the roses and ylang ylang. Very nice blend.

Initial Impression:

Rich and heady, warm and pulsing. This one really has a kick.

After Wearing It:

Wet, Glasya almost bowled me over with the strong musk, myrrh, patchouli, dragon's blood and civet combination. She's sweltering, she's smoldering and verily teething with raw sexuality and passion. It's a heated animalistic smell pushed through rich resiny smoke notes that's both appealing and disconcerting. But, fairly quickly, the rose and ylang ylang appear, the ylang ylang sweetening the fragrance up a notch, while the rose grooms and tames the beast within her, putting the princess back in Glasya. I can definitely smell the Rose, here, but thankfully for the entire life of the fragrance, she's a behind the scenes player. Like the stage manager of the play making sure the sets don't fall apart and the actors don't wander onto the stage when it isn't their time.

About half way through the fragrance's life, the musks start to powder up, which isn't that uncommon for me. It's not really a bad thing, but I prefer it less to the heat and depth that the musks had before. Thankfully though, the process seems to stop before its complete. Toward hour 8 (where I am now), the musks smell powdery, but that fact is muted by the still warm presence of the myriad of resins that are still present. The ylang ylang keeps adding a sweet tone to the scent, but never oversteps herself, keeping it time with Glasya's glowing, but slightly menacing allure. There's an impression of much potential and much restraint in the last stage for this scent, like that of a dying fire's glowing embers that no longer consume, but can still be incited back to their original destructive force.

Final Thoughts:

Oh, how I love this one, but that was fairly predictable as I'm a sucker for this type of blend. The problem is Beth makes several of related scents that all smell wonderful, but similar enough that it's hard to decide which to buy more of. Glasya's in the same class as Lust, Malice and a few others and it'd be really hard to just choose one.

In the bottle: Satanic maple syrup. Um...

Wet, on my skin: Ooh! How darkly sexual. This is Loviatar's twin sister who's exactly like her in every way except she doesn't dig the leather scene quite as much. She prefers latex. She dyes her hair red and wears crimson velvet dresses and shiny black boots. You really have to have a certain type of personality to wear this. I'll try and live up to it as best as I can... :P

Dry, on my skin: Wooow, this one LASTS. It's spicy and rosey and warm (in a very sinister way) and has incredible depth. You can tumble deeper and deeper into this one and still discover more notes. Brilliant.

Holy smokes this lady's got a temper.

Strongly, strongly floral on the dry down for me but it's not an old lady floral. No, this floral is rooted in those deep musky scents, spicey and past warm right into burning hot. It's feminine, but with a huge kick to it.

This one is too strong to wear on a regular basis but I think I'll keep the imp so I can put it on for nights I want to kick some tail and still feel like a girl doing it.

When I first applied this it smelled musky, icky, sticky rotten stuff. Dragon's blood + Ylang Ylang are not a good combo to my nose.

Later on, the rose comes to the foreground, making this perfumy and sharp and, oddly enough, very similar to Wanton. Considering the first stage of the scent, I am glad the rose came out.

Oh man, massive deja vu.

This smells exactly like my aunt's house in New York. I haven't been there since I was very young, but as soon as I smelled this oil I was transported back there.

It's not a particularly pleasant association. Dark, somewhat dingy, small and crowded with linoleum floors.

I'm sure that this scent could be lovely on someone else, but the strong deja vu is ruining it for me.

I tried Glasya when it first arrived, and I liked it enough to put in my big imp box, but I've never *worn* her. Until today.

Ohmyyes.

Spicy powdery rose with bite.

When it was wet, the cinnamon tone of the dragon's blood and the musk overpowered everything, but as it dried, the rose got stronger, and everything balanced out.

I don't know about a big bottle - but this imp is moving up to the front of the box where she won't be forgotten.

In bottle: Wow, this is a fierce fragrance. The dragon's blood and the musk are predominant, but there's a hint of rose hiding beneath.

On me: Whoa! Hello patchouli! Where were you hiding? This is smoky and spicy. It makes me think of a wild red-haired woman dancing on tabletops in a smoke-filled bar. She's laughing. She's having a blast. It sweetens with time but doesn't fade. The fragrance doesn't suit my personality but it's really a shame it'll be going away.

glasya

at first: the lab included this as a freebie in my order. i can't really pick out the notes in this one. there's a lot going on.

on: sweet, but herbal.

1 hour later: odd. sweet and a bit smoky. i don't think i like this.

2 hours later: much, much lighter and softer. a bit powdery. i may smell some musk. i still don't like it, but it's much better now.

4.5 hours later: weird. sweet, but soapy.

overall: this is just not for me. i think i'm going to go ahead and blame it on the red patchouli.

Glasya

First Impression

Smells delicious. Actually, a bit like Vixen, without the bite and more of a dark tone to it. There's a bit of sweetness and a bit of muskiness, but overall it's an earthy, rosey blend. Currently I'm dreading what my skin will do with the rose -- the main reason why I hesitated to order this sooner.

Wearing It

And....pure rose. I was hoping my skin wouldn't do that so soon. I can still catch small whiffs of earthy/sweet patchouli, mingling with the musks and creating this delightful earthy/animalistic smell. But the rose is predominent, overtaking everything. Ugh.

It really does smell like a dark sensual scent, very womanly and very vengeful. A dangerous scent, even. And then it meets my skin, and submits to the rose. I can only imagine how lovely this would smell on someone else.

Reading the site's description, I like nearly every single element of this fragrance. So it's interesting that the oil itself received such a "meh" reception from me.

Glasya is a sweet floral on me. The oil is reddish in the bottle, which is pretty cool. It smells okay overall on my skin, however this isn't something I really see myself wearing often enough. Something in the oil doesn't agree with me much, perhaps it was the patchouli or the rose. I like it, however it's just not for me. After a half an hour, the scent becomes less sweet, more floral, and a touch powdery. This could've been the rose that is in the mix.

I've sent the imp off to another forumite who perhaps may appreciate Glasya more than I did.

-doreen

Reminds me a little of Bath and Body Work's Ylang Ylang Myrrh, a nice blend of resins like patchouli and myrrh with the floral of ylang ylang and rose.

I'm not going to get too attached to it, since I have a ton of Ylang Ylang Myrrh stuff from their semi-annual sale and that too is a very limited scent.

This kinda combo seems unpopular with the masses, but I love it. Glaya is great, again, something I would buy if I didn't have a closetful of Ylang Ylang Myrrh and it wasn't discontinued.

I ordered Glasya because I wanted to try something with civet and, from the reviews, this one didn't sound like something that caused the "cat pee" reaction on people. I was surprised at how pretty it was, I could definitely detect a tiny bit of the civet, it actually made the blend very interesting. However, it was a very heady floral, not really "me," so I passed it on. I mostly got rose and dragon's blood from this.

Initial Sniff: Fiery! I can smell the amber, myrrh, and ylang-ylang in the bottle, plus a little something fierce which I'm guessing is the civet. I like a lot of the notes in this one, so I am hoping it does nice things on my skin.

Wearing: At first the ylang-ylang really dominates, but fortunately that phase is short in duration. The resins are deep and dark, and there is still a stong floral presence at drydown.

Final Impressions: This is a gorgeous woman who does not hesitate to don her armor and ride into battle. She practices swordfighting in a dress with her hair flowing around her... the wild woman of old. I will miss this scent very much when my imp is gone.

Wow. I finally found a rose scent that I not only can tolerate, but love. And, of course, it would have to be a discontinued scent. I love all of the dragon's blood scents. I especially like the ones with musk and patchouli....This one is more feminine. The ylang ylang and rose really give it a soft feel.

It definately has staying power, 9+hours with only one swipe on my wrists.

I especially love the drydown. Dragon's Blood, musk and patchouli with a hint of rose.

I guess I am gonna have to scrounge around and find imps of this.....

My first experience with Glasya was with a decant that smelled really sharp on my skin and was therefore swapped away. In the interim, however, I had ordered an imp before it got discontinued, and it is a completely different olfactory experience.

Red musk and I get along really well, which is why I have so many red musk-containing BPALs, but most of these are very sensual scents. The red musk component in Glasya is amplified by my skin, no surprise there, but this time, it's got a backbone - I think that this is provided by the myrrh note. There is a faint hint of sweetness too, probably from the ylang ylang. Dragon's blood usually goes soapy on me, but thankfully there's no soapiness here. I'm sad that Glasya has been discontinued as this would have been a good scent to wear when I don't want to take any bullshit from anyone, but I'll treasure my imp and save it for those occasions.

First sniff: Wow. Glasya is smoldering dark, blood-red, and very powerful. It’s a warm, close darkness bearing the promise of warm, close activities.

Wearing: UBERslinky. Purrrrrrrrrr. This is utter sensual confidence, knowing damn well you’re the sexiest thing he’s ever seen and taking your time about walking – no, prowling – back to bed so he can get a good look. Dragon’s blood and red musk – very good on me.

Glasya

Preconceived notions: dark, violent, and powerful.

In the vial: This is a sweet, smoky, dark scent.

On me: Wow. Very powerful. The civet, and I think vetiver are coming to the fore, yet the sweetness is still there. This is an old, dark, dangerous forest. Unnatural things make their homes here, along with vicious wild animals, and angry trees. It is very strong, but the wafting scent is dark, sweet, and seductive (in a dangerous, not playful way).

In a few minutes: The wafting scent has definitely sharpened. This is a very feral and ferocious scent. It’s still very foresty, and still in a dark and brooding kind of way. You don’t need a lot, though, because it’s very sharp, and kind of hard to breathe - you keep having to breathe in this very sharp scent. At the same time, the scent on my wrists *is* softer and sweeter. It’s like they traded places

Later: The sharpness has cooled down - it’s not quite so brash and in your face. It’s still the same scent though. I like it. It’s interesting and unusual, and very foresty. The wrist scent is growing to be a combination again - of the sweet soporific softness and the sharp, violent forest. Very nice.

Overall: I think I’ll only be able to really stand this in ritual situations where the scent would enhance the feelings of power and mystery, rather than in daily life where it would be distracting. It’s very original, unique, and powerful, but too much for daily wear. I’m keeping the imp, and I’m not devastated that I can’t get a bottle.

Edited during first post: Wow. I'm wondering if I got a different scent - I didn't get any rose, ylang ylang, or dragon's blood. I *can* tell the red musk, now that it's been pointed out - that *is* the part of the scent I don't like (reminiscent of Loviatar). It wasn't sensual at all on me, unlike what others have experienced. Very odd... must be that red musk (which tends to go sharp and unpleasant on me, rather than sensual and warm, as it seems to on most people).

i couldn't smell this one in the vial, it was faintly medicinal...*shrugs*

wet was all ylang yalng

dry down omg this is nice, it is a deep pulsating sexy red rose very very nice.