Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sierona

Glasya

Created in honor of the fiery, vicious Princess of Hell and bloodthirsty general who governs thirty-six legions of infernal warriors. Her lust for bloodshed and manslaughter is matched only by her love of the classical arts and sciences - definitely a woman that we respect. A seething, fiery blend of dragon’s blood, deep myrrh, red and black musks, civet and thick red patchouli, glistening with drops of rose and ylang ylang.

I confess to being mildly disappointed. I guess it's the dragon's blood? It, like amber, sometimes works ... poorly. Or this might just be because it's aged. I wonder what it smelled like fresh?

Wet on skin, it's resiny and roseate. If you had rose petals turned into resin for a hookah, this is what it would remind me of. It's quite smoky - its what the salon of a Princess of Hell must smell like, sullen smoke and roses and something rueful. After about an hour, it becomes quite rosy and soapy. The ylang ylang wants to push through, but the dragon's blood is stopping it. This is a complex scent, lots going on in here, a power struggle in perfume.

In the vial: Heavy patchouli, myrrh, and rose.

Wet: Right now, it's an eye-rolling, dirtier version of Phantom. Wow!

Twenty minutes: A lot like Phantom, actually, but definitely dirtier. And since Phantom is one of my favorites, this is great!

One hour: Delicious, heavy, dark, chewy, mostly rose and myrrh with some patchouli sweetener and a bit of something sharper -- the civet?

Two hours: Still yum.

Three hours: This is less aggressive now, but it's still a great warm, thick, dark, chewy scent. Mostly now I'm getting patchouli, myrrh, a bit of rose, and something else, perhaps the dragon's blood? The musk and civet are not noticeable, although I will say it's hard to pick out individual notes in this one.

Five hours: Still quite noticeable, although skewed toward the patchouli. I like this one.

Succeeded in getting half a bottle of it; hurrah!

:P

Edited by hlinspjalda

Hmmm...myrrh, a bit of musk and some patchouli that works well on me! For all the strong sounding notes, this is very shy on me. Turns a bit powdery, but not in a bad way. Not much throw, but spicy with a hint of amber to it. Probably a keeper.

I get a sweet dragon's blood blend, heavy on the roses with a touch of jasmine.

This is a heady, womanly blend. Slightly musky, very femme fatale.

Bottle: Odd. A bit chemical. Hints of dragons blood and rose. Maybe a bit of black musk? Eensiest idle bit o' patchouli.

Wet: I actually do like ylang ylang but it has kind of a weird drydown on my skin. Glasya gets very thick and sticky and... molasses-y for the first little while. I can smell the red and black musk sort of struggling underneath the ylang ylang and this smells like a weird, thick candied version of Lust.

Dry: Oh baby. The ylang ylang wrangled, this sinks into a dark, sultry, head turning floral. The rose is lush and damp, the ylang ylang backs it perfectly. The red and black musks mingle with the patchouli to create one hell of a base note. The civet is very minimal but it adds just a hint of something feral. This is glorious. It's a perfect scent for a dangerous woman.

Throw: Although I would classify this is fairly strong with good wearlength it's more of a skin hugging scent.

Overall: I love it. I will treasure this bottle and hope to see Glasya pop up as a resurrected scent sometime again.

Imp: Heavy sweet resins and roses. Myrrh, musk, civet, patchouli, all there!

Wet: Very sweet, sticky and musty. You can smell all of the notes: myrrh, musk, civet, patchouli, dragon's blood. The roses, however, give it a very soapy appeal.

Dry: Smells like a very heavy patchouli and roses soap. Not my thing, but might be just right for lovers of heavy scents.

I don't really understand how I could have missed this the first time through. I love Diabolus. And I love most of these notes. And I wouldn't have known my issues with rose yet ... but instead I DID miss it and am, as such, grateful to the Lab for the Etsy offering.

IN THE IMP: Deep, dark and sultry. It's like being in a wonderful bar where you have a comfy booth to yourself, no one to bother you, an attentive bartender who will make sure no one bothers you but refill your dark glass of dark liquid when needed.

DABBED NICELY on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Ahhhhhh. Yesssss. I could sit here for awhile perfectly happily. Think quietly and mull over that drink. Or two. A place to meditate on the day, watch people, think about what's head the rest of the night. The scent is one that transports you wherever you want to go.

DRYDOWN: I am sexy. I am subtle. I smell deep and delicious. I smell serious.

OVERALL: This is something I don't just want. This is something I need. And I am SO glad I have a 5 ML.

On a scale of 1-5, a 5. And I will keep it in my purse once I;m working outside the house to have a place to go and see what really happens in people's minds LOL.

glasya is an interesting scent because i expect it to be very dark and resinous but it’s actually kind of light and girly. in the bottle and freshly applied it has a kind of odd, plasticky almost kind of scent. kind of like an alcoholy-detergenty kind of vibe without being boozy or soapy. hard to pin. the black musk and myrrh are very prominent at this stage for me, probs because i tend to amp their powderiness somewhat. as it dries the florals come out more, the rose is not detectable to me ever and i tend to amp rose, i think it blends well with the ylang ylang to give a little feminine depth to the powderiness. as it dries further it really sweetens up and becomes almost fruity. i suspect that’s the red musk coming out as it goes somewhat wine-fruit resin to me, maybe it’s the ylang ylang mixing in but in this blend the dry down becomes almost like red fruit candy on me. odd but i love her, hard not to like a princess of hell 😍

ETA on second thought, i think it is the rose coming out more strongly that adds to the more feminine vibe, but still this is never a “rose” scent for me (speaking as a person who turns most rose blends into rose single notes for me)

Edited by DiZZysTARdust