Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

Aquarius 2007

AQUARIUS 2007
Fixed air: the essence of idealism.
Wisteria, myrrh, anise, galbanum, bryony, and pomegranate.

Nature can only evolve so far on its own. Aquarius is the stage of evolution where humans take themselves in hand and advance to their full potential.

This scent does indeed capture the sacred, Angelic side of Aquarius with the incense.

The Anise and Bryony give this a somewhat bracing herbal touch and the floral is a gentle sweetness (I wouldn't have guessed wisteria).

The Pomegranate! Oh, it's so perfect. Intimating a certain ripeness and fullness.

There's a gentle balsamic, slightly sweet edge.

This is strongly aromatic. It has terrific throw and wear length.

Although Aquarius is an Air sign, I personally don't get an ozone feel. Not that was even suggested by the description. Just my own stereotypical thinking.

From Virgo to Scorpio to Aquarius, I've gotten the feel of a Magus either in the garden (Virgo) or in the study with incense wafting out towards the garden (Scorpio).

Aquarius would be the Magus totally outside the bounds of time-space whilst Meditating. The body is in the study with incense burning and the window to the garden is open... but there is something of Heaven here :P That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This Moon in Aquarius loves this blend. But it had me written all over it anyway.

In the bottle: Wysteria, myrrh, and pomegranate. It's a lovely fruity floral resin

First on: More myrrh than anything, with the florals right under that. It's very light and romantic.

Drydown: Oh this is beautiful. I love pomegranate, and with the light floral and resin it makes me swoon sniffing myself. Haha. I wish I had 2 bottles of this.

Overall: I'm an Aquarius moon, and I love it. It appeals to my romantic side, and is light and airy without being too faint. Perfect.

The note listing in Aquarius was unexpected, and yet now that I smell it I think it is a perfect expression of this zodiac sign.

I smell mostly pomegranate and myrrh in the bottle, but after it dries I smell mostly wisteria. Just behind that there is an herbal anise bite, but never fear anise haters! It is not overpowering. It lends itself well to the wisteria, the dark but subtle myrrh, and the juicy pomegranate. This is a lovely Water Bearer fragrance.

straight sniff from the bottle is an airy floral resin...

once applied this is amazing :P

the notes are so well blended it is rather hard for me to distinguish any one but together

they create an aura which is distinctly this sun sign...i love it :D

I'm an Aquarius rising, so I had to get a bottle. :P

In the bottle: a light fruity floral with a hint of an herbal edge.

Wet: floral and bit of ozone. The throw is amazing for this type of scent.

Dry: This scent really morphs over time. It started out very floral, then fruity, however the myrrh comes through on the dry down and grounds the fragrance nicely.

In the bottle: It is strangely familiar and at the same time unusual.

Wet on skin: I get the airy scent of the wysteria. Something of a clean fresh smell. But over that comes a sweetness of sorts from the myrrh and the anise. I don't really get much pomegranate, unless it is a slight tart bitter element.

Dry on skin: Same as wet, but it talks more. The scent overall isn't really warm, but it isn't cold either. It is a balance just right kind of feeling. I have never gotten so much from any of the other oils. Aquarius has alot to say.

I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I like it, yes. But is it love? Undecided.

Aquarius has the longest staying power of any of the BPALs that I have tried so far aside from Snake Oil.

My Aquarius was flying around picking nuts before he hit the wisteria vines. He needs a little time to stop smelling like pecan? brazil? nut oil before the floral and resins develop. From an oily start, Aquarius goes through a powdery phase then settles down to a lovely balance between herbal, floral, and resin.

*High Falsetto Voice* This is the dawning of the age of aquarius, age of aquariUS!

What can I say? Some of my best friends are aquarians, and this applies to the perfume oil as well.

Bottled: Sweet, light mint. I think that's the anise. it's not a very strong smell in the bottle.

Wet: The Myrrh comes out to play with the anise, and the result is sweet and incense-y and holy with a slight hint of coldness.

Dry: I'm assuming that floral that developed is the Wisteria, which plays well with the Anise and Myrrh. No adult supervision required. :P

It likes me! It really likes me!

There are two star signs with which I have no association whatsoever. This is one of them. However, it's necessary to try these things, so I did.

In the bottle this is a lovely light creamy floral. I don't get any of the ozone (but then ozone is still only something I THINK I get. The jury's still out on that for sure). The astrological blends have been a little hit and miss on me so this bodes REALLY well.

Wet on the skin: Ooooooh... there's SOMETHING here that puts me in mind of Sagittarius - and that's SO not a good thing on me. I'd put it down to the dandelions in Sagittarius so that necessitated a rapid flight to the list of ingredients to see which was the one it shared with Aquarius. The search was fruitless. They have no ingredients in common. I'm THINKING it might be the anise interacting in an odd and not-good way with the myrrh maybe (since myrrh is normally one of my VERY good notes, this is alarming), but by the time I've looked all this up and realised it... the bad note has gone. I'm VERY relieved.

Dry: Ahhhhhhh, that's MUCH better. In fact, that better than "better". That's very very good indeed. It's a very delicate scent on me (it actually didn't last until the 2-hour mark, sadly), but it's lovely while it's here. The wisteria is gorgeous, the myrrh is as wonderful as ever - which delights me to UNSPEAKABLE degrees. The anise has died back a lot. I can't comment on the galbanum since I'm still not fully sure what it smells like. Likewise with the bryony. But the pomegranate is definitely there - rich and juicy and utterly lovely.

Oddly, and very faintly - but there's something that reminds me of coconut hiding in the background. I have NO idea what that can be. *sniffs again* But yes. Definitely the merest hint of coconut.

Edited by Tulliver

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous. It's light enough to be a perfect spring and summer scent, and perfect for the character of Aquarius, but substantial enough to appeal to me.

In the bottle, the anise and pomegranate combine to form an off-putting cough syrup-like quality. It doesn't smell cough syrupy when wet on the skin, but the anise is a bit strong, right at first.

It seems to come into full bloom within about 5 minutes. I feel like all of the notes here are in pretty even balance. I was afraid this would be POMEGRANATE...and some other stuff. I was also afraid it would go the opposite direction, and be really floral. But that isn't the case at all. If anything, the resins are strongest, on my skin.

It's a beautiful, even blend of light florals, smoky resin, and sweet pomegranate. The anise lends a slight minty quality, and a very faint overtone of licorice. (But don't be afraid! I hate everything about licorice, but the anise here is very agreeable.) I can't call this anything other than a fruity floral resin blend. Like the other zodiac blends, it's a unique offering. I think this will appeal to a very wide range of people.

If I had to give this a color, it would be pale, dusky purple and peach. The throw, at first, is about average, but it seems to evaporate quickly. After 2 hours, I really had to hunt to find it.

I was afraid of the wisteria in this when I first read the description. I love the scent, but the flowers make me sneeze. :P

Fortunately, the wisteria doesn't dominate and plays nice.

this starts out a little bit sharp and herbal, then the wisteria chimes in with a gentle and light floral touch and dries down with a breath of pomegranate and myrrh. It's light and airy and not a little inspiring!

I'm so glad that my sign works for me. it's truly lovely.

This smells.... blue. But not in a watery way, in a flowery airy way. A little flowery, a little musky, a little powdery, a little sweet. This is really nice, but it reminds me strongly of a less-flowery Kindly Moon. Like if you took all the pink out of KM, and only left the blue. It's very nice, but I won't be keeping it.

In the imp Aquarius smells to me like sweet candied pomegranate. Yum! I think the wisteria is what makes it seems sweet, but it's not so strong as to turn this blend over to the floral side - the pom is very much in charge. After a bit of wear I can pick up the most delicious bite of spicy anise, I immediately though 'cinnamon!' before I remembered what it actually was. I get a touch of herbs behind all the spice, but speaking as someone who is wary of heavy herbals it's very well behaved and only adds to the roundness of the blend rather than making it too sharp. I know the myrrh is there as well, adding a warm glow deep beneath the other notes.

I was expecting to like Aquarius, but not absolutely love it - but I do! I don't think I've smelled anything quite like this before, it's such a unique combination of juicy pom and spice with a touch of sweet herbs and resin.

Edited by agnusdei

bottle: very light florals. i'm not even getting a hint of anise, myrrh or pomegranate.

wet: ahhhh... wisteria! it's a lovely, soft floral with a suggestion of spiciness well-hidden in the background.

dry: this dries to a very interesting spicy scent with florals in the background. i'm happy that my sign has such a wonderful scent!

After waiting a year for its turn to come, I was really hoping that Aquarius and I would be a good match. I intended to use it primarily as room scent and ritual oil, so I was not even expecting it to work on my skin. I just wanted it to make sense as an aquarian scent, to have some kind of deeper resonance with my Sun sign.

Well, it does all of that and so much more that I am kicking myself for not ordering two bottles, or twenty.

For one thing, this is the first Aquarius scent I can honestly say I like, nay, love, as a perfume. Most blends I have encountered from other sources ended up smelling very sharp on me, usually due to a mix of citrus and wood notes, whereas Beth's Aquarius is admirably well-rounded and etheral without being wispy. Quite the opposite: it has tonnes of personality and is very well suited to its zodiacal sign.

The notes listed in the Lab description were an unusual, interesting combination- quite appealing to those born under a reputedly intellectually curious and, ahem, unconventional sign! I was not expecting anise at all, but it makes complete sense given its association with psychic senses and the third eye.

On my skin, Aquarius displays both airy and watery qualities... an Air sign and the Water-bearer condensed in one scent, brava Beth! This is wonderfully done!

This scent keeps morphing and morphing again, it is next to impossible to pin down... at first floral and etheral, then fruity and watery, then green with a healthy dose of anise, then resiny with heavenly trumpets and angelic choirs. No, really :P

Long story short: this is love and I shall hunt down some more, as I do not think I could ever tire of it, or stop finding new uses for it. A true masterpiece.

Soft, floral, feminine, intriguing, shape shifting. There is a noticeable pomegranate note, which I like very much, and it lends a crisp fruity quality to the undertone. The wisteria pretty much overwhelms the rest of the notes, and it very strong, powdery and potent on my skin. Very lovely and inviting. Strong throw when first applied and lasts awhile too.

Probably not my top choice for everyday wear, but very lovely in it's own way.

I seem to be the only one who smells toothpaste when they open this. I'm sure it's the anise. I wanted to love my sign's oil so much, but when the toothpaste turns to pomegranatey toothpaste with hints of cat pee you know it's time for a swap.

I don't know how this stuff is working on everyone else. My skin is obviously not Aquarius enough.

Aquarius - I would have never guessed the notes in this blend. This is such a gorgeous blend that smells like the clear, crisp air that you breath in as you're tubing down a cool river in early summer. I positively adore 3/4 of the notes in this blend, and yet I still can't identify them as individual, distinct scents. They all blur together to create a gorgeous, airy fragrance that's warm and sweet and floral and slightly fruity, but mostly just airy without being ozoney. I really, really love this scent! It's very strong on my skin for the 45-60 minutes, but then quickly fades and needs to be reapplied. But it's worth it. It's quite stunning.

I was a bit afraid to try this because pomegranate and I don't have a good perfume history together, but this is a really pretty scent. It's a soft, subtle sort of blend on me, and really well blended. I can pick out the floral, the fruitiness, the resin, and the anise if I try, but all of the notes meld together very well with a slightly powdery sweetness. It's a rich scent to me, but also rather light, cool, and airy. I'm glad that the pomegranate doesn't turn to hyper sweet tarts like it often does on my skin. This fades very fast, leaving just a light, powdery sweetness after an hour, but it's nice and interesting while it lasts.

I really like this Aquarius :P. I don't know if I need to track down a full bottle, but I'm definitely keeping my decant.

Initial impression:

A soft floral, but not the kind that makes my nose prickle, luckily.

First on:

Wet, it smells like my mother's opium perfume, but with something playing in the background, not sure what.

Dry:

After 15 mins, it's still a light floral with the softest hint of myrrh. I crave more pomegranate.

Another half-hour later, the myrrh has taken over, and the florals stay in the background. Much more pleasant!

Finally:

I don't love it, but it is my sign, so I think I shall keep it for birthday or generic Aquarian uses, heh. It's a nice scent, if not very spectacular to me.

I get a clean, energetic, feminine vibe from Aquarius. I can see Brandy Chastain or Kristy Yamaguci wearing this; it's pretty sporty. (If only I were sporty :P )

The wisteria is dreamy in this, tempered by something else I cannot put my finger on. It could be the amberish quality of the galbanum? Gorgeous scent, much better that I thought it would be. I smell something uplifting like coriander of all things. Minutes later it turns fruity with the pomegranate which adds a crisp, tart sweetness to the blend, it stops being less floral. It reminds me of a BPAL blend I’ve tried but cannot put my finger on.

In the imp, this is very light & clean - almost ozone-y.

On my skin, it's a little softer - I'm getting wisteria, but no myrrh or anise.

When it's dry, the pomegranate comes out, which I like, but there's not enough here for me.

What?!

This scent is so very Aquarius that it seems like I almost can't smell it once it dries! It's lovely and creamy and much sweeter than I thought it would be -- I was anticipating more bite than this delivered, but I'm not too upset about it. After about an hour it smells more herbal, which pleases me.

I'm really amazed by how much throw this has.

In the bottle, this is floral with some refreshing fruit mixed in.

wet: I'm not liking this. It's very feminine, like cloying bubblegum with florals, and reminds me of dept. store perfume. The fruit is all but gone. I'm not familiar with wisteria, but if it amps this much on me, I might have to avoid it in the future.

dry: after 15 min., it calms down a bit, and I actually do like this stage. It's got a commercial perfume kind of smell to it, which is good for some situations (like wearing for work). I do like the floral (wisteria?), so I'm going to keep the bottle and wear it in moderation (it does have a lot of throw, but medium wearlength).

Edited by kelp