Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
semuelle77

Fruitcake recommendations

The lovely ivyandpeony suggested I go ahead and post this as a new topic since Fruitcake is neither a GC or an LE. I am sure there are others out there who are wondering thie same thing.

I am not sure whether to bless or curse Beth for creating Fruitcake. I love it!!! It would be my signature, perfect scent if it were offered in bottles. My heart is absolutely breaking that my wee little imp is all I have to savor. This is where I need your help: what GC or available LE scents would you recommend as being the most similar to Fruitcake? If not just one scent, what would you layer to acheive a similar outcome? I have a bottle of Dana O'Shee and find there are a few similarities, but Dana lacks the boozy and spicy qualities of Fruitcake. How can I smell like Fruitcake, even if I cannot buy it?

What would you recommend?

The booze note in Fruitcake is the same as the booze note in Spiked Punch, it's just a lot less boozey in Fruitcake. Then for the molasses spices, I'd add Kill-Devil. Then you'd need something that smelled like jube jubes or cherries, and for that I got nothing.

Good luck!

I haven't tried Fruitcake yet... :P But given the number of desperate ISO posts I am seeing, I figured that there would be a lot of interest in figuring out the best way to make yourself smell like it when your imp runs dry. I'll be watching with curiousity (and tearing into my next package with Fruitcake lust!)

I may eventually merge this into one of those big pinned threads if the fervor wanes - I also need to figure out which one we've focused the discussion of unreleased scents in, or if we've done that in both, move posts over to one or the other. One of those new-years-resolution kind of things.

For the cherry note you could use Beaver Moon (at least the 2007). For the boozy note maybe Pruno, which don't get no respect.

I was wondering about Eat Me and Bloody Mary or Beaver Moon and wondered if a drop of Mad Sweeney could be the slight boozy note.

I was wondering about Eat Me and Bloody Mary or Beaver Moon and wondered if a drop of Mad Sweeney could be the slight boozy note.

nah...to me mad sweeney is all about the whiskey ... the booze note is way more brandy in fruitcake...

like the one in spiked punch but spiked punched is more fizzy... :P

nah...to me mad sweeney is all about the whiskey ... the booze note is way more brandy in fruitcake...

like the one in spiked punch but spiked punched is more fizzy... :P

I know................but I don't have Spiked Punch. waaaah!

If I were to get these and blend them, what proportions would you use? Equal parts? Heavier on one of them?

If I were to get these and blend them, what proportions would you use? Equal parts? Heavier on one of them?

*runs off to play mad scientist and compare against Fruitcake* Bear in mind that I have Mad Sweeney instead of Spiked Punch, so it'll be more whisky than brandy. *scratches head and thinks about Forbidding Foyer with the cognac note*

*runs off to play mad scientist and compare against Fruitcake* Bear in mind that I have Mad Sweeney instead of Spiked Punch, so it'll be more whisky than brandy. *scratches head and thinks about Forbidding Foyer with the cognac note*

OOOH! If you figure it out let me know!

I'm going to throw Kabuki into the hat as a layering component - the cherry in it is lighter and more candied than that of MB: Bloody Mary, and it has a fruitcakey spiciness to it on drydown. My boozy rec would be Grog, which smelled like straight rum before turning to marzipan (which I got a hint of in Fruitcake) on me.

I'm going to throw Kabuki into the hat as a layering component - the cherry in it is lighter and more candied than that of MB: Bloody Mary, and it has a fruitcakey spiciness to it on drydown. My boozy rec would be Grog, which smelled like straight rum before turning to marzipan (which I got a hint of in Fruitcake) on me.

I got that marzipan note as well. I tried the layering of Eat Me with 2007 Beaver Moon, but it was mostly strawberry and Mad Sweeney brought out too much of the currant in Eat Me. I'm still rummaging around for my bottle of Bloody Mary. I'll have to see if I have Grog and try that.

Black Phoenix goes straight cherry-cola on me (and I love it like that) but it's nowhere near what Fruitcake is on me.

Fruitcake, on me, smells a lot like spiced wine. I'm thisclose to begging my boyfriend for his imp, 'cause he didn't like it on him. (He only got cherry - nothing else.)

I have a mix that's pretty dang close. In a rollerball, I mixed 15 drops of year-old Aizen-myoo (it's much mellower than new), 40 drops of Bloody Mary, 30 drops of Hellcat, and one drop of Port-au-Prince. The cherry is a little less bright than in Fruitcake, but I'm pretty happy with it all the same. Why yes, I did just spend my morning hunched over a test tube rack. :P