Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kahmiel

Oh how she loves the pretty pepper

I looked for this topic, and couldnt find it, If i missed it, please merge it. :D

I Love the smell of pepper. But I just dont know which blends have it in it in what quantities. Wrath is on my list for my next order, and I got a sniffie of Crypt Queen from a swap and am looking for more (I knew I shouldnt have skipped that one!!), but what is the Perfect Pepper??? I know there have got to be other people out there who love the scent as much as me, so fess up please :P

both tweedledee and three gorgons are very peppery on me. those are the two i turn to when i want a nice peppery scent.

My favorite peppery blend is Alice. To me, it smells like someone accidentally tipped over a bottle of pepper into a basket of freshly washed white linen.

Hermia has pink pepper which, combined with the amber, makes a really delicious spicy blend. And I love the spicy floral Le Mort Qui Danse. The pepper with the delicate white florals is such a unique combination.

Hermia is gorgeous. When Ivyandpeony picked me up for shopping one afternoon, I nearly swooned when I got in the car. It prompted me to get an imp and it smells almost as good on me. The pink peppery notes give this sexy, womanly scent a kick.

Plunder is very heavy on the black pepper, it's amazing how Beth was able to catch that "freshly cracked" pepper scent. The nice hint of clove seems to keep it from being harsh. I don't get pepper from Bengal, it's so creamy, honey-sweet especially now that it has aged.

Oooh, Thank you guys for all your help!!! (Takes some diligent notes). This will most defitely contribute to my next order. :P

I found Calliope to be very peppery, though I think it's actually thyme. This is one of the soon to be discontinued GC's.

The peppery one I keep hearing about is La Mort Qui Danse.

And this may be a little off topic, but I found Ogun to have a really wonderful, dry red pepper note.

It's very fruity and fresh smelling, but the dry tobacco and pepper really give it a nice bite, and make it totally unisex.

Aries 2007 was black black black pepper with sweet resin. So perfect if you're looking for black pepper. It's one of my favorite BPALs ever. Yay pepper lovers. :P

The Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn from Carnaval Diabolique has 'red pepper' and it was really peppery on me.

Bengal is way too much cinnamon for me as my skin really amps it. White Rabbit would be perfect if it weren't for the linen.

Dr. John Seward is one of my all time favorites, though, and Plunder is quite nice. Wrath is okay, but only when my skin chemistry is right.

Pepper (from Good Omens) is just full of that delicious pink pepper that I smell in Hermia and Teenage Cannibal. In the bottle and when it's wet, I can't even smell anything else! It's such an awesome note, it's got a certain pungency that makes it almost chewy when it's wet (do I sound like a pompous wine critic? :P )

I'll be excited to see the role that the black pepper plays in Clemence (from the Grindhouse update a couple days ago).

Reviews seem to say good things about the pepper and spice in Clemence. I have it on order at the moment, and it needs to hurry up and get here! It may be one to look into before the Carnaval packs up though. :P

Clémence really is a great pepper blend!

Pepper notes usually vanish on me, but I do get a really lovely hit of black pepper in that blend. :P

I love black pepper and havent' had much luck with bpal in that regard. Plunder is probably the closest you'll get - layers great with Villainess' pyromania smooch/soap which is a great black pepper brown sugar blend. Bengal i love but it is honeyed jalapeno to my nose, not black pepper. All the others mentioned really don't do the pepper thing for me.

I do find that my love of black pepper is probably why i like some other scents - scales of depravation, port royal, devils night, gingerbread poppet, al sharain (clove), fiery command (which i think is disc)...those all do the same thing for me that pepper does, give em a shot ;-)

I absolutely LOVE black pepper, and probably use way too much of it in my cooking for others tastes. I love the smell (but not the sneezies!)

Saturnalia kind of reminds me of black pepper, but what else is out there?

Here are a few more blends for you to check out:

(you can do a search on the lab site that will give you at least the current scents with your search term)

Clemence - Patchouli, Kashmiri tea, cardamom, black pepper, carnation, and clove

Hand of Glory - Beeswax, dry leather, black pepper, saltpeter, nutmeg, Mysore sandalwood, and oak bark

Rumpelstiltzchen - Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh

Ifrit - Desert sand, red musk, blackened ginger, dragon's blood resin, black pepper, cinnamon, and tobacco

Wrath - dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon

Carceri d'Invenzione - Redwood, red sandalwood, black pepper, blonde tobacco and frankincense

La Mort qui Danse - Black pepper, white ginger, Calla lily, and lily of the valley

Three Gorgons - Egyptian amber, mandarin, tangerine, black pepper, tobacco, and vetiver

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I second doing the search for black pepper on the site. There have been some good peppery LEs, too. (I LOVE peppery scents.)

What else do you like? What sort of effect do you want? I could recommend some specific ones if I knew a little more.

If you want something that will just be a whole lotta pepper and spice and not much else, try these:

La Mort Qui Danse - basically black pepper and lily.

Aries '07 - this has a lot of dragon's blood and honeysuckle also, but it's extremely peppery and has a sharp, cool quality

Some other peppery LEs:

Pothon Meter - this is like black pepper and rose, with added spice bouquet.

Dark Chocolate and Pepper Smoked Caramel -- this is a foody candy scent, but with a lot of pepper. It's sort of like a foody Hand of Glory.

All of the ones that Caudapavonis mentioned are good ones, but pepper is just part of the bouquet. It's fairly pronounced in Three Gorgons, though. If you like orange scents, that's a good one to try.