Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This scent was given out as a frimp at the Sea of Tranquility will calls, 12/22/07. Companion of Winter Holiday 2007 Stress Relief Elixir bottle.

The label is so cute- it has colored Xmas lights as a border. Reminds me of MB: Ventiloquist Dummy without the woods. Cakey, caramely, chocolately, and with an undernote of patchouli, this will be a hit with foody fans. The cocoa absolute separates to create a brown residue on the bottom of the imp. Infer as you must.
On the skin, I get cocoa as a top note and a hint of patchouli. Not much throw but lingers.

Reindeer Poop is just delightful! I love foody blends and if you do too, this is sure to bring you pleasure. It has a cake-like smell with cinnamon and cocoa and maybe a maple/caramel syrup blend in it. The tag is so cute too with all the Christmas lights adorning it. The one disappointing thing is that I can't purchase this in a 5ml and even as a bath oil-it is that yummy. :P

Very foody. Reminds me of how the foodie section of Yankee Candle smells. Smells just like one of their cookie candles. Sweet, sugary cookies with icing and perhaps some cinnamon sugar. :P

In the imp: buttery cocoa.

Wet: chocolate cookies.

Drydown: chocolate, maple, butter, just a whiff of patchouli.

More than just a novelty scent. This one is yummy!

Now, chocolate scents and I sometimes don't get along But Reindeer Poop, all with the cocoa absolute sinking down to the bottom, is too yummy for words. There is something maple-y to the sweetness, but it's nothing like pancake syrup. It's earthy, slightly cakey, and chocolatey. I'm getting a hint of rosewood as well, but that might just be my chemistry. This is really gorgeous, not too foody at all, and I'm so glad I've got some!

Reindeer Poop - I can't help it that I'm not a fan of caramel or chocolate scents, and this one seems to have both notes in it, as well as perhaps some light woods notes. It's very sweet and bakery-foody, and despite my dislike of both caramel and chocolate, they actually don't misbehave on my skin in this blend as they usually do. Rather than turn rancid or sour or plastickey, they actually smell like what they're supposed to smell like! It doesn't morph on me at all. It's really strong initially, but softens up quite a bit after about 2 hours, although I can still smell it very faintly on my skin 8 hours after application. This one's not for me due to it's strong foody overtones, but I'm impressed that it doesn't "turn" on me and I bet foody lovers would really dig this one.

This was such a fun and generous gift from the Lab!

I smell mostly cocoa absolute, but beyond that it's mostly a sort of decadent tonka/vanilla, caramel, light spice, and musk... all, of course, nestled behind the dominant cocoa absolute. This is fun, foody, and I love the way the cocoa separates from the rest of the oil. How silly. :P

I feel very lucky to have this rare blend--but only because I love it! It's foodier than I would normally like--kind of a rich, warm and sweet chocolate ambery musk. It's just lovely.

If it were available as a bottle, I'd definitely buy it. Maybe next year...

Perfumed brownies, with a pastry note (similar to the one in Drink Me) that lingers at the end along with traces of a musky patchouli. Quite pleasing and the label work is adorable too! This stuff does NOT stay strong on me. Ten minutes into application and it has faded considerably, altho it is still there, haunting the air, much in the way that real poop does when it's near you and you can't see it and you're checking your shoes every five seconds :P

firstly the imp label is just darling on this one :P

straight sniff from imp is a musky, cinnamon, cocoa...

once applied this gets less foody and more much more cinnamon with

the slightest hint of something almost floral...

sillage of this is intense (thank goodness!) and i shall cherish this

imp in my collection :D

in the imp: ALL chocolate, all the time :D it's like chocolate and hazelnut. a very 'real' chocolate. not Bliss, which i love, but smell a little fake compared to the chocolate of Reindeer Poop.

wet on skin: much the same, but a lovely cinnamon note has emerged, making this smell quite a bit like Abuelita, my favorite mexican hot cocoa mix :D

dry down: the chocolate is gone, and now it has become a super yummy, well rounded spice-incense aroma. fabulous!

in all: i really, REALLY hope that Beth et all will consider bringing this back fro yule 2008, but as a full-sized LE for ALL of us to enjoy!

:P

In the imp: chocolate cake or brownies!

On my skin: a very clean smelling brownie...like a plate of warm brownies on crisp pressed linen. a sweetness then emerges and a hint of spice. I think I smell vanilla amber...similiar to MLaST. The cocoa seems to fade to the background and the amber nilla come forward. Mmmm I can't stop huffing my hand. Decadent and delicious sweet foody scent.

eta: hour and a half later and I am getting a very light evergreen....like sugared spruce...candied not sharp...this makes it very Christmassy indeed.

Edited by Tanniver

A warm, foodie (but not overly so) scent. On me the caramel is most prominent, but the whole thing is smooth and rounded. Reasonably strong throw and medium wear length. The label is too adorable.

I have to agree with purplemoonshoes. This does remind me to Ventriloquist Dummy, sans the wood notes. I get caramel and patchouli mostly. I did have to roll the imp a little in my hands to get the cocoa absolute, which sunk to the bottom, to sort of 'remix' itself with the rest of the oils but cocoa absolute tends to precipitate out anyway (I'm thinking of Wulric in particular).

I got the cocoa as 'top note' almost, this is very caramel heavy really. It was fun to try and the label is absolutely adorable!

I so love the cute little imp label for this. I'm not really sure what to think about the scent, though. In the imp, it smells sharp and chemical to me (musk? really perfumey floral?), with perhaps a bit of unsweetened chocolate. Maybe a bit of wood or something nutty. I shook my imp up a lot, but the cocoa in it doesn't seem to want to rejoin the rest of the blend, lol.

On my skin at first, this is musky, and it reminds me of a sharp, clean, frosty smelling white musk. There's a chocolate lurking in the background, and the oil is thick and dark like it's full of cocoa absolute, but this doesn't smell as amazingly decadent as it does in blends like Boomslang. I'm surprised that this actually isn't a sweet fragrance on me.

10 minutes later, I've got no chocolate and no caramel here (and no patchouli in sight). This is actually starting to smell like white mint and cinnamon on me. It's very pale and clean, and then has a hint of spice to it. Clean, pale, musky mint and a sharp little jab of cinnamon. And that's how it stays on me for about three hours before it disappears entirely. It doesn't have much throw on me, either.

I'm not sure if this is something I'll wear again or keep my imp of. It sounds like it worked out better on everyone else.

Edited by Tania

This is the version from the Dark Delicacies Trunk show in November of '08. In the imp it sort of a dusty/earthy caramel scent. Maybe a little "reindeer musk" in there?

This is a bit better on my skin-sort of musky/dusty gingerbread to my nose. Thankfully, I can live without this blend ever being released. It's a bit too dusty/musky for my nose. Not enough caramely/gingerbread-ness. Still, for a blend with poop in the name, it is quite pleasant :P

This is from an imp I got at the Dark Delicacies trunk show on 11/30/08.

In the Imp: Not what I expected considering I can see the cocoa absolute sinking down to the bottom of the vial. The top note is not cocoa, but a nutty, woodsy smell with an undertone of sweetness. It reminds me of lightly candied walnuts.

Initial Wet: Yep, definitely nutty. In fact, it smells just like Pumpkin Patch 2 from 2005 if you take out the pumpkin. It has a warm note to it too, maybe caramel, but not a sticky sweet caramel.

Initial Dry: Warm and dry. There's an herbalish note to the blend that I can't put my nose on... it could be patchouli, but not overwhelming-incense-patchouli. The cocoa note still doesn't leap out at me, but it's certainly there.

Drier Dry: It dries down to a woodsy caramel with an undertone of cocoa. The throw is a dry woodsy, almost dried-grassy, smell.

I love almost all of the Lab's cocoa/chocolate blends and this is not one of the exceptions. I love that this one is drier than other foody scents. It reminds me more of dry cocoa powder than a hot chocolate. It's also not overly sweet, and though I love sweet scents, I'm very charmed by this one's subtlety.

In bottle: Musk and chocolate and caramel and patchouli. Wet: More cakelike only with patchouli. Curiously soft. There is something weird underneath, wine maybe? Dry: Patchouli mildly sweetened by chocolate cake

Where is my patchouli??? *jealous*

I am getting mostly cocoa out of this. No spice. No patchouli. No caramel. I weep! My nose, it is borked?

in the bottle strong, whoa! cocoa and nuts and something filthy. musk?

wet on skin hazelnut! the cocoa dissipates and just deepens the whole thing, much like the cocoa absolute in boomslang.

dry on skin i can't believe the throw on this stuff. the musk just keeps getting muskier and there's a sticky sweet undercurrent like hazelnut brittle. incredibly strong. this sort of reminds me of wood phoenix without the magnolia.

Starts sugary/rummy. This is a nice candy scent, maybe a bit of raisin in there. It's not overly foody, just sweet and delicious.

Reindeer Poop (2007 version)

In the imp: cocoa, patchouli, caramel, and something reminiscent of Enraged Groundhog Musk

Wet on skin: there’s an odd bitter woodsy/floral note here but otherwise, this is very similar to EGM.

Dry: interesting. It doesn’t smell like poop, thank goodness, but it does smell brown, and yes it does smell like cocoa and caramel, but there’s more to this than just foody notes. It’s actually a very earthy smell on me. I smell patchouli, and something woodsy that could be sandalwood or cedar. I smell something almost like soil here, as well as spices, I’m guessing there’s cassia here. And there’s a musk scent, and indeed it’s that same lovely soft musk from the ‘deer’ scents (Ivanushka and Buck Moon), which isn’t surprising. But there’s also a note I can’t identify, and it’s a very bitter, strident and piercing note which reminds me of dragon’s blood, but isn’t…it’s oddly floral and burnt, and a tad perfumey. In fact, it’s the same note that spoilt Chanukkiyah for me. It’s really distracting though, and seems to be overpowering the earthy and sweet notes.

After a while: the bitter overpowering note is still there but the scent seems to be sweetening a little. Now it reminds me of EGM without the cardamom and cherry, with chocolate and woods and patchouli, a sweet furry musk with spices and cocoa. But I really don’t like that sharp spiky note.

The annoying note finally calms down after 2-3 hours, and the scent left behind is a really nice musky woodsy spicy caramelised chocolate, reminiscent of EGM and Wulric.

Verdict: I really wanted to like this fun and festive scent with it’s silly name and it’s brown blob at the bottom…it’s got some wonderful notes in there like cocoa and spices and that fantastic fuzzy ‘mammal musk’, the scent of warm fur. I love those! But there’s something rather unpleasant in here. the good thing is that this unpleasant note does not smell like poop at all! it smells more like a sharp acrid floral-burnt sort of scent. it may be a kind of caramel or brown sugar variant, because it reminds me of something in Zarita and Channukiah which made me dislike those scents. it wears off after some time, but it’s too jarring and intrusive, gets in the way of the sweet festive musky sweetness, so it’s not a keeper.

Emoticon rating: :(

Is it a keeper? Not really. I wanted to keep it for the name but I swapped it off.

This is the most recent incarnation.

In the imp: cocoa and patchouli - I like this a lot!

Wet on skin: the cocoa oil is thick and dark, and lies in thick globs in the otherwise clear oil. It's definitely chocolately, in a dark, cocoa way rather than the blancmange some chocolate notes become on me. There's musk here too - dark, earthy musk and patchouli.

Dry on skin: deliciously dirty musk and dark cocoa. Not my usual thing, but a very enjoyable scent to wear for a change!

Sniffed: Extremely thick, dark brown oil. It's a little separated, and the appearance/viscosity reminds me of Dark Chocolate. I get rich dark chocolate, deep caramel, and a woody/earthy sort of note that suggests oakmoss. Foody but not cloying.

Wet: Same, maybe a little more chocolatey and foody. I get a ginger note - this sort of reminds me of dark chocolate covered ginger - deep and rich but sort of fresh and bright as well. I don't get patchouli. I love the cocoa-chocolate note. Still nicely oakmossy, and maybe a little musky?

Dry: More and more earthy, less sweet and foody over time. Still sort of vanillic/balsamic and the cocoa holds, though. I get maybe a little patchouli...but honestly this is more herbal, almost soapy or cologney? I can see it being even more awesome on a man.

Later: I get a ton of balsam, which I think was the herbal note I got a hint of earlier. There's a piney-woodsy feel that's very deep and rather masculine - this DOES have a wintry feel to me as a result. Still earthy and faintly chocolately-sweet, though, and still a faiint Sugar Skull brown sugar note.

Summary: The roommate smells celery - and I sort of agree, now that he's said it. So that, and balsam, brown sugar, cocoa and oakmoss - an odd mix of sweet and earthy/woodsy notes, that's not quite foody, and would definitely work best on a man. Decent throw, good longevity.