Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Villainess and BPAL

Crushed Smooch + Knave of Hearts FTW!

I smell like berries, but not overwhelmingly sweet or candy-like.

Any recs to pair with Antihero soap?

Got a sample and tried it out this morning. Turned out quite nice on my skin. Reminded me a little of Whip, but decided to pair it with

Cheshire Moon. I simply lacked the brainpower to come up with a real super scent combo that early this morning. I would pair it with Whip, but the rose turns into something ghastly at times - but it's hit or miss. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Not a matching scent...but a good slathering of Villainess' Embargo Whipped! followed with a generous douse of BPAL's Morocco is fabulous! Morocco is one of those scents that I *want* to love more than I actually do, but the combination of the earthy resins of Embargo really ground the powdery headbuzz that I normally get from Morocco. I think their respective notes compliment one another extremely well.

I was testing Pickled Imp, just now, and the early stages of it reminded me quite a bit of Jai Mahal whipped. After half an hour or so the imp has a little more pine in it, but I still think Jai Mahal will layer with it really well!

I just got my order from The Soapbox Co today, with the following never-before-sniffed scents: Xia, Kill Switch, Trauma, and Quick or Dead in Whipped, Trauma and Quick or Dead in soaps. I had to test each of the scents right away.

So far my favorite is Kill Switch. I think it will be perfect for layering with Crypt Queen, Prospero, and Mme. Moriarty. On my little arm-testing site I don't get much scent at all from Trauma or Xia- I wonder if they need a little more time to "cure." If not, at least I will be able to layer them freely with almost any BPAL I own. Unfortunately, I am not at all happy with my initial test of Quick or Dead. It's definitely got a strong leather smell, but there is another note overpowering the leather that smells like a mens' bathroom to me. That one might have to go straight to the swap pile...

Got Neisthai Whipped today and my first thought once I got it on my skin was "Oooh, this would go so well with Embalming Fluid!" A similarly lemony tea would probably layer very well, too, though Embalming Fluid is the only BPAL tea scent I'm especially familiar with.

I was on vacation for a week and left my Villainess at home. I decided to give Quick or Dead another try, but I still don't care for it on it's own. However, after applying Snake Oil on top, we have a winner! :P

<snippity>

So far my favorite is Kill Switch. I think it will be perfect for layering with Crypt Queen, Prospero, and Mme. Moriarty.

<snippity>

It's funny, because I though the same thing about my Xia Smooch! From sniffing it and Kill-Switch, I definitely think the blackberry in Xia would go very well with Crypt Queen, but I got much more salty sweat from Kill-Switch. I also think Xia and Dionysia would be quite :swoon:-worthy.

Trauma is definitely love, and is going to eventually get layered with Aglaea! I also think it would go well with O.

Got Neisthai Whipped today and my first thought once I got it on my skin was "Oooh, this would go so well with Embalming Fluid!" A similarly lemony tea would probably layer very well, too, though Embalming Fluid is the only BPAL tea scent I'm especially familiar with.

just have my new Villainess! stuff since yesterday and will defenitly try an imp of Embalming than :D

thank you for sharing!

and I wonder if Annabel Lee or Squirting Cucumber or Tulzschka would be a little like Chloroform :P

Quick or Dead + Death Cap = OMG teh sex.

Quick or Dead + Antique Lace = really sexy scent, but more feminine.

I just put on Schwarzer Mond after showering with a Trauma Triple Play (soap, smooch, and whipped) and it's OMG :P

I must order more Trauma to go with the Schwarzer Monds I'm going to order in 2 weeks!

Reading back through this thread, I can see that there are a lot of fans of Embargo. Today I tried Embargo Whipped over under my BPAL Goblin. Obviously it ramps up the patchouli, but the coconutty goodness hangs in there. Yummy!

(edited because I was upside down)

Edited by Poenari

Resurrecting this thread, because I received a frimp of Imp in my most recent lab order, and realized that it's perfect for wearing over Trauma Whipped. They have many of the same notes, and the others go well with each other:

Imp- Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli

Trauma- Ripe peaches dripping with dragon’s blood, against a sweet skin-scent of Egyptian musk, amber and myrrh.

Miss Edith smells very, very much like Zombi.

I was wearing Midnight On The Midway for a gig the other night layered with Embargo Whipped and I kept getting asked what that lovely scent was. Always nice when you're asked!

Trauma Whipped layers very nicely under Agape, for a soft, fruity spring scent.

Raspberry Swirl whipped and Candy Phoenix go well together.

Xia and Kill Switch whippeds both go well with Snake Charmer Res.

Embargo and Schwarzer Mond go well together. (Lots o' patchouli)

Any recommendations for bpal that may go with Scintillating Whipped? I love the mild mint/sweet vanilla notes of it.

Mint in the lick its is a little too strong. Anything that you can recommend that will compliment either the vanilla or the mint solely?