Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Villainess and BPAL

Ooh, I love combining these, too! Here are some I've tested or I think would work well!

Grampa Joe + Midway

Gloop + Gula + Bliss (chocorrific)

Absinthe + Frenum + Squirting Cucumber (cucumberlicious)

Decadence + Creepy (fave autum combo!) or O (yum!)

Smashing or Embargo + Shub Niggurath

Embargo + Urd

Silver Violets + Antique Lace

I think Paradise Misplaced would do well with Obatala, Embalming Fluid and possibly Snowflakes or Snow White. Actually I've mixed some Embalming Fluid into my Whipped because PM didn't do so well on my skin.

... now I need to take a Villainess soak!

Jai Mahal + Shub-Niggurath was amazing for me. Right now, I'm also pairing Girls Love Vanilla (the Possets Whipped) with Athens, and Smashing with Pumpkin #3.

I think I'm going to try pairing Black Out with either Tell-Tale Heart or Tezcatlipoca, but I have no idea what to do with Exacerbate or Raspberry Swirl.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but the drydown of Death Cap reminds me of the... the 'clean', softly sweet, and not-quite soapy scent residue of most Villainess soaps. I find it oddly nice. I wonder what a little layering could do.

I'm enjoying Jai Mahal and Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge right now. Didn't think it would work, quite, but it does on me. :P

I adore the "Hoarfrost" scent, which is only available through the Soap Box Co. unfortunately. Here's the scent description:

"Summer’s late berry harvest - raspberries, blueberries, currants and strawberries - bittersweet with vanilla and arrested by an icy touch of eucalyptus and peppermint."

So, berries, vanilla, eucalyptus and peppermint. Does anyone have BPAL suggestions? This scent smells like I could eat it in candy or ice cream.

Edited by The Caity Cat

I just got my first Villainess order. :D HALP.

I got bars of Villainess, Byzantium, and Jade. I'm hoping Byzantium will play nice with Dee, and Villainess might go alright with Mechanical Phoenix (metal and leather? Hee).

Any suggestions? :P thanks!

So, berries, vanilla, eucalyptus and peppermint. Does anyone have BPAL suggestions? This scent smells like I could eat it in candy or ice cream.

Have you tried Eat Me? It's all berries and vanilla on me. To get the mint element, you would have to layer it with something minty that would mesh w/ the sweet/foody feel (I'm thinking Lick It, Lick It Again, Lick It One More Time or Tokyo Stomp in that regard). There's also a Panacea that's very minty and eucalyptus-y but I can't remember which one, maybe someone can help me out.

I adore the "Hoarfrost" scent, which is only available through the Soap Box Co. unfortunately. Here's the scent description:

"Summer’s late berry harvest - raspberries, blueberries, currants and strawberries - bittersweet with vanilla and arrested by an icy touch of eucalyptus and peppermint."

Ooh, that's a tough one. I personally get a lot more mint/eucalyptus from Hoarfrost than berries, so I would say probably something along the lines of Old Moon or The Snow Maiden would be the best match. I can't think of anything in the GC that would be a good fit (except maybe Yew-Trees from Rappaccini's Garden, but I've never tried that one personally).

Edited by PhantasmMysteria

So far, my favorite combos of Villianess Whipped and BPAL are:

Grundy and Premature Burial

Grundy and Crypt Queen

Proserpina and Mme. Moriarty

and I'm off to try the earlier recommendation of Embargo and Urd- I bet that will be my favorite.

i just got my very first villainess order a week or so ago. because i wasn't sure i'd like any of it, i ordered very light. let me tell you how much fun i'm having, though, matching BPALs to jai mahal whipped! :P so far, i've loved it with the phantom calliope, liked it with shub, and found that it really deepened and sweetened my beloved samhain. lots of fun and i'm looking forward to more whippeds.

Mmmm. I love Jai Mahal. It smells so close to something BPAL to me, but I've not yet been able to place it. Although, I'm wearing Count Dracula today and it's sort of close. I keep thinking Bad Luck Woman Blues might work as well.

Paradise Misplaced is next on my list to match up - I'm thinking the Tiki scents will be of some help there. :P

Grundy and Crypt Queen

and I'm off to try the earlier recommendation of Embargo and Urd- I bet that will be my favorite.

Have you tried Proserpina with Crypt Queen? OMGYUM.

I am hanging onto my little pot of Grundy Whipped to try layering with Worm Moon once it arrives. :P

Paradise Misplaced is next on my list to match up - I'm thinking the Tiki scents will be of some help there. :D

Me too! P.M. is my favorite Villainess EVAH, so I can't wait to see how good it will smell with all my Tikis.

Edited by PhantasmMysteria

Grundy and Crypt Queen

Have you tried Proserpina with Crypt Queen? OMGYUM.

OMG you are soooo right about Proserpina and Crypt Queen! I wore them today and caught amazing wafts of scent coming from me all day long!

And the Embargo/Urd combo is definitely made of win!

I'm enjoying Jai Mahal and Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge right now. Didn't think it would work, quite, but it does on me. :P

Mmmm, this is my favourite combo at the moment too! Not my usual fare, but fabulous...

Gloop + 13 (original white label blue bottle)... soooo lovely! The blue bottle version has more chocolate than the white label amber bottle (which I also have). I would also recommend Candy Butcher + Gloop.

Silver Violets Whipped + Violet Ray = :P

I don't know what I'll do when run out of Whipped--maybe experiment with adding scent to Ennui Whipped.

Need matches for Canaan...must have matches for Canaan.... ;o)

"Warm milk, sticky bronzed honey, succulent grapes and berries, and exotic perfume - Tunisian jasmine, tuberose, the indolent lily of the valley, and Madagascar cloves"

anyone? pleeeeeeeeeeease.... xx

Need matches for Canaan...must have matches for Canaan.... ;o)

"Warm milk, sticky bronzed honey, succulent grapes and berries, and exotic perfume - Tunisian jasmine, tuberose, the indolent lily of the valley, and Madagascar cloves"

anyone? pleeeeeeeeeeease.... xx

Hm, Dragons Milk, maybe? Or Underpants, if you have some!

Paradise Misplaced + Upa Upa = THUD, btw. :P

What's your favourite combination?

Please share!

I am looking for the perfect match for Pearl Diver.

I know this post was from a little while ago, but when I cracked open my Pearl Diver Smooch on Friday it reminded me 100% of Olokun! I'm not sure if the Whipped would be precisely the same (the Smooch being a salt scrub might mean the Whipped would be less, well, salty and therefore possibly less of a match to Olokun), but I'd worn Olokun the day prior, so it was fresh in my mind and a definite match.

Edited by Eyeska

my kid figured out this one last night: crushed whipped and monsterbait: bloody mary. it works! somehow i think the smooch would be too sandalwood-y, though.