Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Villainess and BPAL

Lehua is a scent that Villainess has done as an exclusive for The Soap Box company - I opened my little jar of Smooch and thought, "Oh wow! Ace of Hearts!" They aren't mirror image twins, of course, but finishing your bath or shower with Lehua Smooch would set a lovely stage for Ace of Hearts.

For those who weren't around the BPAL world in the spring of 2005, Ace of Hearts is the absolute pinnacle, end-all and be-all of BPAL white florals and possibly my favorite LE of all time, with the exception of Snow White - they fight it out in my brain all the time. I would encourage anyone who loves white florals to go hunt down a bottle of it, and go to the Villainess page at The Soap Box Company and get you a Lehua fix.

(I did notice that Lehua soap and smooch are sold out at the moment, but since they haven't been removed from the site altogether, I am pretty sure that means that they will be restocked.)

I don't know about Pearl Diver but I love Velvet and Dulce en Fuego! I suspect that Pear Diver would go great with Cathode or Embalming Fluid. Anyone else got a thought on that?

Scintillating and Green Tree Viper

Gloop and Boomslang

Proserpina and Hope

Smashing and Pumpkin #3

I'm trying to figure out what I'll be able to pair with Jai Mahal. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Voleuse

Scintillating and Tokyo Stomp is quite yummy. As is Scintillating with Snow White. Pearl Diver might be nice with nice Cthululu or the Deep Ones but I haven't tried it myself. Ooooooo maybe Shub and Jai Mahal?

Jai Mahal and Mama Ji

Grundy and Virgo

Indiscreet and Moxie

Scintillating and Tokyo Stomp

Proserpina and Hellion

Crushed and Kali

Pearl Diver and...hmmm. I'm going to have to go sniff this again. I get a strong floral note in Pearl Diver along with the aquatics. I know some people have mentioned Thalissa (?) as a good companion, but I haven't tried that one. Oh - maybe Caliban. But I don't have that one anymore, so I'm not sure my memory is accurate. I wore Selkie after a Pearl Diver bath once and it worked well.

I love scouting for great matches between Villainess and BPAL! Here are a few that I've liked quite a bit:

proserpina and vechernyaya with fruit of paradise in scent locket (this was me the other day and :P )

first frost and snow white - any coincidence that one of my top fave Villianess goes wonderfully with one of my top fave BPALs?

killer beez and hony mone (this is me right now and :D )

dulces en fuego and el dia de reyes - practically a perfect match!

scintillating and snowflakes

death by chocolate and candy butcher

miss edith and alice or antique lace

crushed and velvet

pieman and MB: closet

vintage and ephemera

asphyxiate and hellion

embargo and the caterpillar

beta carotene and hungry ghost moon

gingersnapped and shub niggurath

masala and the white rabbit

indiscreet and crocquet

contrary and the perilous parlor

I'm looking at the up-and-coming scents in Whipped now. What do you think would be a good match for Paradise Misplaced (sweetly creamed coconut with touches of mango offset by crisp green tea)? Or Raspberry Swirl (Sweet red raspberry creamed with soft vanilla)?

I'm thinking Hope to go with Miss Edith, and Faith to go with Silver Violets. Of course. :P

Jai Mahal does go well with Shub, or Samhain.

Masala and White Rabbit? Masala is my Villainess true luv. Have I ever even tried White Rabbit? (goes to look thru notes)

Well, I don't have any combos to add, but I just placed my first order with Villianess and I can't wait to try some! :P

There was a truly blissful union in the shower today... :P

While I was washing off Dorian with Jai Mahal, the clash of the two scents was really more of some sort of... collaboration of awesome. Even now I can still detect very faint traces. Hmm. Now to make it not-so-subtle...

Blush goes very nicely with Lampades, they've both got that tart yet sweet berry thing going on.

I'm looking at the up-and-coming scents in Whipped now. What do you think would be a good match for Paradise Misplaced (sweetly creamed coconut with touches of mango offset by crisp green tea)? Or Raspberry Swirl (Sweet red raspberry creamed with soft vanilla)?

I'm thinking Hope to go with Miss Edith, and Faith to go with Silver Violets. Of course. :D

Paradise Misplaced + Pele or Hi'iaka

Raspberry Swirl + Spiked Punch

Also, I recall someone saying in the Villainess thread that Thalassa was almost a dead ringer for Pearl Diver. I haven't tried them side by side, but I'll be they would layer well. :P

I like to use Masala with Temple Viper / Western Diamondback / straight Snake Oil -- adds a nice spicy touch

Jai Mahal also goes well with the Snake Oil blends, methink.

I'm trying to figure out what I'll be able to pair with Jai Mahal. Hmmmmm.

Jai Mahal and Morocco = love.

At least for me. :P