Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
PrairieSunrise

I"m looking for a scent like a ripe cornfield.

The one scent I would love to wear above all would be that of a ripe corn field on a humid, breezy summer evening.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not very good at picking out notes, but I'll try to describe the scent. (If you've ever smelled it, you'll KNOW what I mean!) It smells lush and rich but fresh, with honey, a touch of floral, a bit of green, and an undefinable but distinct smell that I can only term 'corny'!

I know what you're talking about (Hello, grew up in Indiana!) but haven't found anything exactly like it. Scarecrow is close, without the sweet note. It's very nice.

If you can get it, The Masque smells like that both in the bottle and in it's initial phase. It morphs a lot after that though. If you can deal with the temporary state, pick up a bottle. Dark Delicacies may still have it.

I know the exact smell you mean. I live in corn country and worked in cornfields through my adolescence. I'm not sure why you want to smell like that.... :P

I haven't found a scent yet that reminds me of Cornfield essence. Scarecrow had an oily or fuel like note in it, so if you get that one it might remind you of cornfield with tractor. Haven't tried the Masque, though.

Scarecrow had an oily or fuel like note in it, so if you get that one it might remind you of cornfield with tractor. Haven't tried the Masque, though.

I can't believe I never realised the presence of a tractor was why Scarecrow would have a petrol-like note. *hangs head in embarassed stupidity* I absolutely love the blend, and I've always wondered why that petrol smell was in there... thanks for your post!

haha, I guess if I worked in it I might not like it. But I've only lived around it.. and I positively love it! Oh, and the tracto smell... even better! Now I've got to add Scarecrow to my wish list!

Thank you all so much!

Adding my thumbs up to the definite Scarecrow recommendation.

...Just wait to the drydown before it ripens, though. On wet, it smells like Nail Polish Remover at first....but then it gets downright lovely.

Sign in to follow this