Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkpepper

Hony Mone

Three honeys blended with seven fruits, flowers, and herbs of passion, pleasure, and joy: honeysuckle, fig, carnation, apricot, jasmine, tonka, and almond.

Honey Mone is my Christmas miracle. When I saw honey, almond, and fig listed in the notes, I was sold, even though it also contained jasmine, which is my arch-nemesis note. I started to panic when I saw so many reviews mention the jasmine, but for once it actually works. In the bottle this is warm almond, which smells very foody. On my skin, it's soft jasmine with a little extra sweetness, which I guess is honeysuckle. This is very spring-like and dainty; if I went to tea-parties it would be perfect for those . I'm just happy that something with jasmine works on me!

4/5

:pout:

No honey, no apricot, no carnation... no fig, even! Just jasmine in the fore, with almond & honeysuckle clamoring for the silver. It's pretty enough, certainly, but not por moi. :P

I was beginning to think I was the only one this didn't work for, until I saw tartchef's post. This is a really pretty scent...and for jasmine lovers it would be awesome! Unfortunately for me the jasmine is just too "in my face" and headache inducing. Woes!

Well, as usual, jasmine comes out to dominate, and this made me fear it would completely take over and sour everything up. But take heart, fellow fans! It backs off after a short while and joins a very honeyed chorus. I get a lot of figgy carnation along with an herb under tone as well. Lasts for several hours with light throw. This blend makes me happy, like any proper Hony Mone should! :P

in the bottle cloying, perfumey, and sweet, horribly sweet!

wet on skin honeysuckle and jasmine buried in a pot full of honey. it's a sophisticated floral with the thick sweetness of fig, but completely overshadowed by honey. the honey is identical to the note in bilquis, which is sexy, but somehow dark and brooding.

dry on skin the sweetness of this blend almost sticks in the throat. it's powerful, for sure. once the florals settle down (and they do), the honey really shines with an almost waxen, sticky throw. the throw, by the way, is incredible. and it lasts and lasts and lasts. i put some on before i went to bed, woke up and took a shower, put on carnal, and by midafternoon, the carnal had faded and all i could smell was honey!

eta

unfortunately, the jasmine has taken out any fun in this there was to be had. *sigh* i actually don't mind jasmine, really, except that the mental association i have for the scent is ferret. while i enjoy ferrets a lot, i don't really want to smell like one.

Edited by ravenfeathers

In the bottle, bright golden honey with an undertone of almond and just the faintest hint of flowers in the background. I put it on and BAM. Pretty much instantly it became cat pee. I waited a while, hoping it would change again, but the only morph I got was overripe, almost rotting floral. Oh skin chemistry, how I loathe thee! I love honey scents so I will save one bottle and see if I can age the pee out of it, but I think the extra bottle I got may be swapped out. :P

I was expecting more straight-up honey, even after reading the other notes.

Sniffing the bottle, I got whiffs of orange label 13--why is this chocolatey?!?

A bit more honey comes out wet on skin, and a slightly funky, almost sour high-pitched note. It quickly calmed down into the jasmine-honeysuckle arena, with sweetness. If I concentrate, I can get something that could be apricot, but isn't terribly straightforward.

This is a nice jasmine with hints of mellow fruits and foody-sweetness, but I'm just not getting the honey I was hoping for.

It's not working for me, either. It's not a bad OMGGETITOFF scent, but it's too strong on my skin, and hubby thinks it smells like cheap baby powder.

Oh my, I am so painfully smitten with this blend it isn't funny. :P

In the bottle, I get a jasminey-foody smell, but this dries down to something very reminiscent of the legendary Honey Moon on me. If you are familiar with it, I would describe Hony Mone as Honey Moon with more jasmine, a noticeable touch of honeysuckle and with a fruity note singing backup instead of the thyme that seems to anchor Honey Moon for me. The most important thing for me is I smell no apricot standing alone, it's blending so perfectly with the honeys, the fruit and the jasmine. An apricot note has ruined a few BPAL experiences for me (Katharina, Siren, March Hare... ) and I feared it was going to happen here. I tend to find that jasmine backs off a bit as a bottle ages for a few months, so maybe I'll detect a bit more fig, tonka, almond or apricot when this one's older - but for now, the honey, the honeysuckle and the jasmine are pretty much the triumvirate. If you don't like sweet, you won't like this one, then again, if you don't like sweet, what are you doing buying this after reading the list of notes? :D

This is feminine and gorgeous, although it's so heady that it may be a bit much for the close quarters and warm rooms this time of year - I'm picturing wearing this when the days begin to warm up and throughout the summer.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

I was smitten the second I opened my bottle of Hony Mone. In there, the oil smells rich and almost creamy. I can absolutely smell the honey, thick and golden, but I also catch wafts of gorgeously blended florals--jasmine and honeysuckle--and maybe just the tiniest bit of almond.

Once applied to my skin, the jasmine and honeysuckle start to amp, but they're not at all sharp or soapy smelling. I normally shy away from strong floral blends, but immediately I know that this one is different. This is a very special floral. There's something almost...smokey? that keeps the flowers grounded, though I don't know if that is the herbs or the honey. I don't really get fig or apricot, just beautiful honeyed flowers.

It's perhaps one of the most "perfumey" BPALS I've ever tried, but Hony Mone is just glorious. I normally go for either foody blends or the deep incenses and musks, but this one makes me feel feminine and beautiful. It's the sort of scent you'd wear for a first date...or, even more appropriately, your wedding. As it wears the notes blend together to create a gloriously beautiful perfume that lasts and lasts on me. It makes me think of a sophisticated, beautiful woman who always looks and smells incredible. This one IS strong, and I have to apply sparingly to keep from being overwhelmed with a headache, but it's absolutely worth it.

I think Hony Mone will age wonderfully. If I'm right, the jasmine will mellow, the honey will become much deeper, and everything will pull together to become even more beautiful than it is now.

I'm so glad I have two bottles!

I've said it a million times - jasmine ruins scents for me. And yet, I keep trying to make it work lol. This is more of the same - it is STRONGLY jasmine at first, but dries down into jasmine backed by lightly honeyed fruits. It is predominantly jasmine though, so if you find that you don't get along with jasmine - this is probably going to be the same deal for you. But if it doesn't bother you, I'm sure it would be quite lovely on someone else's chemistry!

This is the first jasmine blend where jasmine did not take over and murdered every other innocent note. It actually never showed up, so I was left with delicious honesuckle and fig, with apricot becoming stronger on the drydown, and honey prominent but never taking the center stage. It's not as sweet as I expected, but has a heady fragrant scent of middle of July. Verry nice!

Hony Mone

In the Bottle:

Honey! lots & lots of Honey!!

hmmm...this will either smell awesome or I'll be stung to death by angry bees who think I've stolen their hive. :P

On my Skin, Wet:

I tend to amp honey notes - and this one doesn't disappoint! AMP AMP AMP!!!

All I can smell is honey! all the cat can smell is honey! If my stuffed Panda seal had a real nose I bet he would smell honey!

On my Skin, Dry:

huh - the honey has quieted down & allowed the jasmine and the almond to come out. I think the honeysuckle is just being shy, but I can still find him.

Interesting - I didn't think any other note would become noticable, but there is where BPAL's magic lies....you just never can tell how it will wear on the skin.

Verdict:

Very Honeylicious.

I really enjoy the fact that the honey eventually backs off & other notes can come out to play for a while.

The overall scent quiets down to just barely a whisper - which is rare for me and honey scents.

7 of 10 Rating!

I got this one because I was sentimental about the wedding, but am happy with the way it smells. The jasmine is strong at first, but smells more like the jasmine plant than many of the problematic oils do. The honey is always there, and adds a dark, sweet feeling to the scent. I put a little on in the morning and it lasted well into the evening.

I wish I could say I was wafting around in a gauzy dress and gazing deeply into a Hot Viking Dude's eyes while wearing Hony Moan for the first time, but at least it will always bring back memories of getting drunk off my ass with the country boy moving packers while a snowstorm delayed the driver.... What could be more romantic than that??

Honey Mone started off strong green and bitter in the vial. I didn't even want to try it on my skin, but I did.

Once of, it wasn't quite so bitter, but it was strongly jasmine and honeysuckle (kind of gardenia-y too), with just a hint of honey. Only upon drydown about 2 hours later did the honey come out, and it is still mostly jasmine. I'm not crazy about it, I was hoping it would be more honey and less floral.

I think that the bottle/label art on this is so cute, and I love most of the notes in here. In the bottle, the oil actually smells wonderful. It's a sweet, rich, creamy, slightly foodie sort of scent. On my skin, it's the same for a few seconds and then starts to smell quite a bit like The Organ Grinder. It has a similar honeyed almond scent with a bitter edge.

I love fig, carnation, apricot, and tonka, which is why I bought a bottle of this one. Unfortunately, within a minute, Hony Mone has turned into nothing but a stong, overwhelmingly perfumey floral. I don't think that BPAL's jasmine has worked on me in any blend, but it's usually not this sharp and perfumey on me either. Hony Mone is a sharply perfumey white floral to my nose. I asked my boy to smell this on me, but he just made a face and said, "Smells soapy."

Not a winner for me :P

Jasmine's are brutal on me. Wet, this one was kind of cloying and weird. Not boding well.

On the skin: chocolate. yes, chocolate. Not a hint of chocolate....not a wafting of chocolate...chocolate chocolate!

Dry down: The chocolate goes away a bit and the jasmine comes underneath it a bit. I get a wee bit of a cookie smell too.

Dry down much later: The residue is beautiful. I was extremely surprised that something so strange to begin with could end so beautifully!!! Shockingly, a winner bottle! :P

Absolutely gorgeous. It's all honey and chocolate over fruity florals for me. Very creamy and decadent. I wish Gluttony had been like this, instead of the plasticky mess it was on me! I actually tried it on on one hand and the original Honey Moon on the other, and initially there was no huge difference. On the drydown, Hony Mone actually had more staying power where Honey Moon fades to a really light floral. SUPER yum.

I've also gotten so many compliments on it! Every time I wear it, people around me tell me how good I smell. I'm a huge fan. :D

ETA: Still one of my new favorites! I even found a backup bottle to tuck away...I just hope that that will be enough for me! :P

Edited by paperbacknovel

Hony Mone

In the imp: jasmine and honeyed almonds with a foody quality. Yummy!

Wet on skin: doughy jasmine and almond with a little honey lurking in the background.

Dry on skin: the jasmine fades, and the almonds and honey come out to play. Nice mild honey scent, not as overpowering as O is on me. Very nice! :P

I am disappointed that this doesn't work on me. I had a feeling when I bought it that it might not work because of all of the honey notes, but I was hoping the other notes would play up on my skin and maybe drown the honey out a bit.

Sadly, this is all honey on me. It's an odd, powdery honey too. It's very faint on my skin so it didn't overwhelm me or anything. It's a close skin scent and it doesn't have a lot of throw. This almost seems bland on me. I don't know how to describe it. Even the sweetness is bland. I wore it twice and both times got the same result.

I'm going to have to pass this one along to someone who will love it.

In the bottle and freshly applied, Hony Mone is all about the florals. The jasmine is stronger than the honeysuckle, which I don't smell per se but recognize that it's there. I haven't had problems with jasmine except in biggerCritters, but this is a different jasmine. It doesn't scream on me, happily, but I'm not a floral person, so I'm happy enough when the honeys creep in. For a while, it's a jasmine-honey-nutty scent- not almond the way I recognize it, it just smells... nutty. Last time I wore Hony Mone, the final drydown was honey (and I am a honey lover, so it made me very happy) but today it has dried down to a very soft honey/floral/fruity scent. It's very pretty, and I am looking forward to wearing it in the spring and summer.

Smells like honey with a dab of almonds. My favorite scents of all time. It's note too overpowering. Very mellow and wonderful!

Okay, at the beginning this is a very sweet goeey honey. And then after the first ten minutes, this is a honey almond cookie dough. Painfully honey and foodie.

After a few hours it dries down to a sweet sort of floral, with a foodie edge to it.

I think I rather stick to O. Who needs marriage when you can have crazy sex for hours? :P

On me this is all creamy, sugary honey all the time! (which is great because almond usually takes over and messes things up and jasmine often amps to insane levels). In fact the almond and jasmine notes were the main reason I didn't order a bottle to begin with. The only honey oil I was familiar with was Litha and, though I like Litha, its not usually a go-to scent with me.

Luckily I decided to get a decant from someone and immediately fell in love! Initially on the skin it smells a tiny bit "dirty/sweaty" but that fades out really fast and then I just get golden, sugary honey. So glad I could track down a bottle of this!!! YUM!!!! I'll be wearing it alot, I think!

:P

Edit....in regards to how this matches up with O ....I was really excited to try O months ago when I first started collecting.....unfortunately the "dirty/sweaty" note that is noticable in Honey Mone the first 10 minutes (for me) is the main lasting smell I get from O :-( So Honey Mone is what I wish O was on me.

Edited by Bulletslc