Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkpepper

Hony Mone

Hony mone, a term proverbially applied to such as be newly married, which will not fall out at the first, but th'one loveth the other at the beginning excedingly, the likelyhood of their exceadinge love appearing to aswage, ye which time the vulgar people call the hony mone.

Three honeys blended with seven fruits, flowers, and herbs of passion, pleasure, and joy: honeysuckle, fig, carnation, apricot, jasmine, tonka, and almond.

:P Am I the first one to review this? I couldn't find it anywhere, so if I'm not, please merge this, mods! Thanks!

honymone.jpg

In the bottle: Smells candy-ish and sort of orange-y. It has a similar sweet quality to Beaver Moon, but not as strong. It reminds me of the whisky fudge from Scotland that I bought last week. :)

Wet on skin: Same as in bottle at first. But then, as it begins to dry, the almond starts coming out. But it smells so good! And almond usually smells like a car repair shop on me! . . . Lovely - it's candied almond over gentle honeysuckle with a dash of fig.

Dry on skin: I swear I can smell some grains or rice flower or something. And I think the jasmine is coming out as well.

Second Opinion: I called my dad over to smell my wrist. He took one sniff, narrowed his brow, and said "Is there JASMINE in that?" I hadn't even noticed the jasmine until he said it. ;)

Third Opinion: I went to my mom who was cooking in the kitchen and had her sniff my wrist and she said "Mm, I like!" which is a VERY high rating from her. Then she said she wanted to try it herself! :D

Conclusion: I love, love, love this. It's not going to make it to my top ten or anything but I'm so glad I bought a bottle unsniffed. It's the first time I've done that! I can tell this is going to be a great everyday scent and I'm definitely going to wear it very often. It's so well-blended, too. Just perfect. :D

(ETA picture)

In the bottle, it smells like honey-sweetened nut cakes, but more perfumey.

On, it just smells intoxicating. It's sweet and warm, and just so lovely. It just makes me smile! THIS is what I wish Snake Oil smelled likle.

bottle: strong fig and honeysuckle.

wet: the jasmine comes out much more flowery than usual on me. i can also pick out the lovely spiciness of carnation.

dry: sweetened jasmine and honeysuckle with a bare breath of carnation.

In the bottle, it almost smells like a mix of cocoa and vanilla. I know it doesn't list cocoa but it has a smell of the Jello pudding that mixes chocolate and vanilla together.

On the skin, though....completely different!

I smell a mix of carnation and jasmine but it has a warmth of something edible behind it.

On drydown, this one smells exactly like The Oval Portrait on me. Wow, funny how skin chemistry changes things!

This is a nice blend of gourmand and florals! :P

This has such a rich, warm scent! There's a deep, almost chocolatey sweetness in the background that makes the very prominent jasmine take on a different character than it usually has - its deeper and doesn't tickle my nose like usual. The jasmine burned off within an hour and now it's all honey and fig and apricot. I love this!

Ooh, tasty!

In the bottle, this smelled like honey layered over burnt sugar, like someone was making caramel and left it on the stove too long.

On the skin, that burnt sugar has subsided a bit, and I can smell the almond and a hint of carnation peeking out, sort of like a honey-almond cake sitting on a table, freshly baked and cooling, with a small floral centerpiece on the other side of the table.

ETA: Hey, here's a nice bonus -- I wore it to work, all day long, and I can still smell it now. A lot of scents I've tried would have faded to nothing by now. And I did eventually start picking up on the fig, but it's mostly honey and almond still.

Edited by Ravenclaw79

In bottle: sweet vanilla caramel

On skin: blast of warm tonka and honey, delicious!

Half-hour later: sweetened flowers. Honeysuckle is the major floral, with jasmine bullying its way in every so often

In conclusion: the original Honey Moon ended up with too much jasmine on me; I liked it but didn't love it and ended up swapping it away. This has the nice creamy base of tonka, and when the jasmine tries to :D all over everything the honeysuckle's all :P. A sweet lovely blend.

sniffed from the bottle: buttercream frosting and honeysuckle - and possibly tonka

to note: i HATE jasmine, apricot and almond... can't stand most "fruit" based scents, fig has a tendency to turn into something awful on me, carnations sometimes turn to pepper and the Lab's honey hasn't ever really worked on me. so why'd i buy this? i honestly have no idea. i love honeysuckle and sometimes the Lab's "herbs" blends turn yummy on me. amd i already wish i'd bought more than one bottle!

on skin: i can see how The_Witching_Hour got The Oval Portrait out of this, it smells very similar to that on me, as well, which is very odd. i get the same sort of sugar-sweetened breakfast cereal + whole milk smell from this as i did from Oval Portrait, but without the bitter/plastic vanilla musk base.

overall? this is really yummy...and sortof what i thought O would smell like.

very hard to describe, nothing really jumps out and says I AM JASMINE or anything (yay!), but much more of a skin-scent sort of scent. and very little throw, so this is something that wouldn't be smelled unless someone was snuggled up close or possibly if you walked by.

really like this. and i'm shocked.

Trying this out again with a more open mind and nose :P Wet this is super figgy with the sharp scent the honey note has when it is first applied to the skin. A second wave comes that screams jasmine! The jasmine/honeysuckle blend is definitely the strongest coming out of the blend; definitely a white flower ampage -- my dad made a comment that it "smelled like we've been burning lots of candles in here for a week" whatever that means. He also smelled vanilla wafting off of me which has to be the tonka, although I do not detect it. No carnation or almond to be found either, although the almond may contribute to the sharp, almost bitter smell this gives off at the instant it is applied to my skin. I think I smell a bit of apricot up my arm where the oil was rubbed in, it's yummy but not present in the overall scent of the blend. Like with any other honey blend it is the note to outlast all others and leaves a soft and sweet skin scent of honey.

Edited by heysunshine

In bottle/imp: Sweet figs with a light nuttiness and a floral undertone.

Immediately on skin: Though I expect them to be the strongest note, the honeys aren’t loud in this blend (at least, not yet). It’s a nutty, creamy, floral and very sweet scent. I can pick out the almond, fig, carnation, jasmine, and tonka, but they are all blended together to create a very decadent scent. The combination of the fig, almond, and jasmine is very interesting and surprisingly pretty. The honey is there, but it’s not strong. Instead, it’s drizzled lightly over everything else, smoothing out all of the notes and balancing the blend.

After a few minutes: Jasmine… lots and lots of heavy jasmine. Usually I love this note, but the lab’s jasmine is somewhat bitter on me. There are still other notes fluttering about in this: the sweetness of the honey, the creamy warmth of the fig, a light fruitiness from the apricot, and a touch of tonka and almond. They all blend nicely, and what has developed on my skin is a creamy, sweet, and slightly nutty and fruity jasmine scent.

Later on: After a couple of hours, a coolness comes over this blend very reminiscent of Oval Portrait. But it’s still heavy on the jasmine on my skin, and light on the other notes.

Overall Impressions: I was expecting “OMG HONEY” from this, and that’s not what I get, but it is a very unique blend. It has a lot going on, and the notes are well blended, but the jasmine stands out most of all on my skin. It’s sweet, but not overly so, and the honey isn’t very strong for those afraid of it. But if you’re afraid of jasmine, I hope this doesn’t morph the same way on you as it does on me. As I stated earlier, I would describe this as a creamy, sweet, and slightly nutty and fruity jasmine scent that develops a cooler feel after a couple of hours of wearing.

I'm just doing a very simple review for the moment I think because I loved Honey Moon and this gives me a similar happiness when I wear it. Note: I don't like sweet or foody scents. But something about this honey -- it's so gold, sparkling, natural and fresh. This is a slightly thicker, sweeter honey though than Honey Moon was, without that herbal sparkle underneath.

In the bottle there's a slight nutty creaminess that puts me off. That would be the almond. I hate almond. And in a locket, I find it gives me a slight headache because of this. But when I test it on my skin, it's just a glowing, throbbing, natural sweetness and a drowsy glowing warmth, like bees asleep in the sunlight, the swirling sun-warmed smells of an orchard all around them. I do not specifically smell jasmine, which is probably a good thing, but just like in Honey Moon I think it must add a floral lightness to this. The earthy fruits and spicy florals only peek out slightly as this wears on my skin. It works much better on me than in a locket, for my tastes.

Though it doesn't surpass Honey Moon it comes close, as a honey scent brimming with fruit and flowers, and it's a bit odd to be wearing in winter as it feels much more like a spring or summer blend and I can't wait to try it then!

Damn, I don't get ANYTHING like what anyone else describes.

Wet, I get something sort of high-pitched and sharp, but it doesn't read as floral to me, and I think it's the tonka (resins don't work very well on me). Though I suppose it could be some weird bastardization of jasmine?

Eventually, it dries, and I get some honey. But really, it's hard to smell ANYTHING - it's incredibly faint on me. And it's just...sort of blah honey. (Says the woman who LOVES honey.) Seriously, I don't get ANYTHING interesting from this. I don't smell any fig, carnation, almond, or apricot (all of which I love). I get a very faint honey.

Sigh. I adore Honey Moon SO much that I'd hoped this would be a wonderful successor! But on me, it's just not. Wish I got some of what everyone else is smelling!

(It's especially weird because normally stuff that people like works on me - I have pretty forgiving chemistry. So far, the only scents that have smelled nothing like what they're supposed have been this, and Snow White. Total bummer!)

Hony Mone smells like layered honey that is warmed by the sunlight. Behind that, there is a sensual sweetness from the fig and almonds. The almond is less biting than it tends to be in most blends and it mostly seems to add a rich and earthen quality to the honey. I also believe that it's the fig and almond that, when combined with the other notes, give Hony Mone an almost white chocolate sort of accent.

The honeysuckle and jasmine are very prominent to me, but they do not take over the blend. The jasmine behaves differently than in most blends. In fact, the way it behaves reminds me strongly of BiggerCritters.

The honeys remain ever-present and they are all grounded by the fig and almond. The carnation seems to be a supporting role and while I do pick out its general floral fragrance and its spice, I still find myself paying more attention to the honeys and the sweet florals.

This invokes the sense of love and romance, decadence, warm sunshine, and the image of glowing golden honey.

I so wanted to love this...but on me it turns to almond-jasmine BLEAH. Eventually, the drydown gets nice, but I can't suffer through the rest.

In bottle: Honey-floral something. Jasmine?

On/wet: honey and dry-ish jasmine, almond

Drydown: Honey, jasmine aaaaand... apricot? :P Yummm. Really like this one all the way through, and especially the apricot hint on drydown~!

I love honey scents. I love BPAL honey scents. HoneyMoon and Litha are two faves, and I loved the Honey Single Note.

So I had high hopes for this.

Alas, they were dashed.

On me, this is all jasmine, all the time.

I like Jasmine, but I wanted honey from this. I have plenty of jasmine scents, so off to swaps this one goes.

In the bottle I smell a nutty floral foodyness. Sweet like chocolate ground with flowers.

On my skin i smell warmth and a nutty floral. Im picking up a chocolate-ish aspect but the aftertaste is herbs and jasmine.

It smells nice but it's not quite me (not one for foodies) I'll try it again before I decide to keep or pass.

straight sniff from bottle is very gourmandy...chocolate and some vanilla...same

sort of notes i get from the the "13" series...

once applied this morphs immediately and i get loads of honey with beautiful and glorious florals

that are so completely well-blended i am astonished...the jasmine in this is perfect and swirls

elegantly with the apricot and carnation goodness...

i love it :P

This is pure, unadulterated jasmine love on me. The jasmine is sweetened and warmed by the other notes, but they are in the background, barely noticeable. They play backdrop to the star of the show, jasmine. The jasmine is sharp at one point on its journey to drydown, but mellows nicely.

This is unabashedly feminine. ;)

ETA: Now that this has aged a bit and settled, I get the most glorious cocoa scent from it and the jasmine is much less prominent. :) :P :D :D

Edited by girlygirl

yup, this is the best jasmine scent i've come across! she is the main player and the honey + honeysuckle lend their subtle influence to her.

i expected more honey out of this but i am happy with this blooming jasmine blend. :P

In the Bottle: Honey and almonds followed by warm vanilla flowers.

Initial Wet: Marzipan is my first impression followed by apricots and carnations.

Initial Dry: Wow, this dries complex. In the forefront are the flowers--honeyed jasmine with a backdrop of honeysuckle and just a hint of carnation. The apricot has faded, but the fig is deep and warming somehow, though it almost wants to turn sour on me as fruits tend to do on my skin.

Drier Dry: It dries down to soft, honeyed flowers with fig and almond. The tonka, draws together the different types of sweetness into a blend that's sweet (but not overly so) and seductive.

I was initially leery of this scent since apricot and fig have not gotten along with me in the past, but they behave quite nicely in this blend, staying in the background and not going sour. I like all three of the florals and this is in nice blend of them, though the carnation is very light under the jasmine. I like that it's not overly sweet. I'm glad I took the risk and bought a bottle. This one's a keeper.

In the bottle this is sweet, thick deliciousness--honey and almond, predominantly. Wet, it is JASMINE DOOM on me. My archnemesis! However! That started to fade after about 5 minutes (thank goodness) and a faint almondy sweetness stepped in alongside the jasmine. Sort of a nutty pastry effect. A few minutes more and the honey came in, again, faintly, but it's there.

I really don't know what to make of this yet, though. That killer jasmine is so very strong. I'll have to wear this for an entire day before I know if I can keep it or not, but I do like the drydown--it's warm and spicy/fruity/sweet and very cozy.

In the bottle, this smells very foody and almondy.

On my skin, it softens out immediately. It's almond, backed closely by soft jasmine/honeysuckle, then light honey.

It dries down to a nice honey skin scent. It is gentle, not to sweet, feminine, and pretty.

A treasure! I knew I'd love it, and I do! A keeper to age, too....I'm sure I'll reach for this in years to come.

4.8 out of 5

hony mone is one of those blends that smell amazing to me in the bottle, but it loses something on my skin. out of the bottle it is really incredible - sweet jasmine with all this mellow wonderful stuff grounding it - the tonka and honey and figgy fruit, just making this ambrosia-like scent. on my skin it blooms for a bit, with a bit of lovely fruitiness, at the same time the jasmine is starting to rise. i never thought of myself as amping jasmine, but i do get quite a bit as time goes on - reminds me quite a bit of perfumed garden actually, with it's jasmine and fruit mix, but heavier somehow. (i really love the perfumed garden, so this is not a bad thing at all). the carnation and honeysuckle are a bit hard for me to detect underneath the jamine, or maybe theyre just very blended. i love the fact that something edible is lurking just beneath this blossomy-blooming floral. a very decadent, romantic blend. like it a lot.

In the bottle: honey and jasmine.

Wet: honey and honeysuckle, with just a faint hint of jasmine.

Drydown: honey, honeysuckle, and jasmine, very evenly balanced. I am having a hard time picking out the fig, carnation, apricot, tonka, and almond, but this is still an exceptionally lovely scent (and much more delicate than my usual brutal musks).