Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkpepper

Hony Mone

Three honeys blended with seven fruits, flowers, and herbs of passion, pleasure, and joy: honeysuckle, fig, carnation, apricot, jasmine, tonka, and almond.

Bottle: Sort of a sweet, sandy smell. I think one of the honeys is the same as Cleopatra Testing Poisons.

Wet: Oh yeah, definitely Cleopatra's honey. The smell morphs into a brief sour phase but quickly warms into a gorgeous, soft honey touched with flowers. One of the honey notes smells a bit dry and sandy--this isn't a bad thing, it smells very warm and inviting with an undercurrent of poison. It's a very evocative scent.

Dry: HONEYSUCKLE! The honeysuckle is strong in this one, actually dominating the honey scent. I get a touch of almond and jasmine and I think the apricot has gone dusty, as it is want to do. This complements the hot, sandy honey scent.

Throw: The honey is personal but the honeysuckle and jasmine are pretty intense.

Overall: I'm very glad to have acquired a bottle. This is really sultry and pretty and perfect for the rainy weather we're having right now. It's like wearing snuggles. Edited by paperrose

In the bottle: HONEY, HONEYSUCKLE, JASMINE with a nice bit of fig/apricot back there...it almost smells like blackberry to me.

On wet: sour honey, tonka and jasmine...not exactly luscious but still very intriguiging and actually pleasant..I think it may be the bitter of the almond causing the sourness.

Yeah the throw is honeysuckle, jasmine and carnation...a little reminiscent of Hell's Belle.

On dry: sweet honey and fruit...but not too sweet, not too fruity. The honey is so soft and enveloping, this is a very warm, loving blend like an embrace.

Yum! Honey Moon and Haloes had a baby and draped her crib with garlands of honeysuckle and jasmine, and served almond tarts to all the Faereie Queens who came to bless her. Thank you to the kind forumite who gifted me with this treasure, as I missed out on the offer first go 'round. :P

Gag; very disappointed; my body pulls nothing but the jasmine; I smell like a rotting purple flower.

Second try:

Wet: the backnotes are nice, but I can't really get to them as the jasmine and carnation is quite strong on me...I really want to like this...will wait for the laydown

Final verdict: beautiful honey cream almond base is still covered by the jasmine; floral; sigh...I want to love this but the floral is almost too much...

Edited by Andrea912

If you've ever smelled Allysa Ashley musk, this is exactly what it smells like on me.

This one changes a lot on my depending on how warm I am. I wore it last night (95 degrees) to an outdoor place. It smelled of warm, sweet honey with a bit of almond and fig in the background. It had great throw, was really super lovely.

Today I am in my office, nice cool 75 degrees. The scent is more floral today, slightly powdery at my wrists, sharper in my cleavage and around my neck, but still with a lovely honey scent to it. I can pick out more of the individual notes today. Very nice.

I'm glad I picked this one up! :P

In bottle: Lots of honeysuckle with the other elements under it. Very sweet and light. Wet: Delicious. The honeysuckle is still strongest, but the warmth brings out the foodie elements and jasmine. The honey/almond effect goes really well with the flowers. I am not a floral person, but if I were, I’d likely be in love with this. As it is, I am suitably impressed. Dry: Very honey with the other elements fairly evenly distributed underneath.

I didn't order a bottle of this because honey and I usually don't get along, but then I regretted not getting a bottle and a very nice forumite offered hers in a swap. I'm so glad! The honey is actually behaving itself in this one, and it's balancing out the jasmine wonderfully. See, I actually sort of like the scent of jasmine, but my skin amps jasmine so much that I can never wear any jasmine perfumes because they end up being a humongous heady jasmine cloud. Not in this one! It's a sweet and deep rich scent with just a jasmine overtone. It has the quality of jasmine that I like with none of the jasmine qualities I don't like.

Very beautiful and feminine, and I'm quite pleased that I now have a bottle of this. :P

This is a lovely scent that I simply don't wear often enough, which is why my bottle is living in a happier home. :P Here's what it smells like to me: Jasmine tea. With honey in it. I am drinking such a brew right now, and it tastes like I am drinking Hony Mone as it smells on my skin. The honey gets a little cloying on my skin, which I think is my main problem with it, but it is otherwise beautiful. Like jasmine tea with honey.

In The Bottle: Wow... chocolate? Tootsie rollish and grainy!

On the Skin: A bit more toasty and a tiny bit of plastic. Quite nutty and a bit earthy.

After a While: Flowers emerge in a perfumey profusion. This smells of sweet rich, and ever so slightly grainy, flowers!

Verdict: This is glorious - finally a floral that I like! This is the first jasmine blend I've ever found that didn't just blind me with the strength of the note. Very very nice! Smells a bit weird to begin, but don't we all?

Edited by j4r

mmm.

looking at the notes, i can see why i get a vibe in between that of bien loin d'ici and defututa from this one. like both of those, it's very intense when wet (jasmine + honeysuckle + apricot). unlike either of those, i think i'll wear this one.

as it's drying, this amazes me with its sophistication. the ones that smell very layered are always interesting to me. here, i am getting the sweet-to-the-point-of-sharp honeysuckle, jasmine, and apricot; softer honey and fig in the middle, presumably the carnation is in there too; tonka and almond at the bottom, and to me they're a darker color (don't ask :P ) when it's really settled, which took over an hour, i get the nicest sweet wafts from this. with my nose right up to my arm, it still has a sharp edge, but the throw is delish. i am finding i really love carnation for that!

in all - this is the first floral i've tried that really says SEXY to me, as well as one of the few supposed-to-be-sexy blends that i seem able to pull off.

Edited by veronicafranco

Ahchoo!!! This is a super giant bouquet of honeysuckle and jasmine. It smells very pretty, and when it's dry the apricot gives it a nice sunny feeling (great for this time of year), I had really hoped that the honey would be more prominent. At least I am not getting any of the almond nastiness that I hate. On the contrary, this is quite nice, but I am spoiled and wanted honey so I am pouting.

ETA: When dry, this is rich and gorgeous, the honeys are a touch powdery, but golden and sweet enough! :P !

Edited by nightbiscuit

I get something weird at first here, probably carnation, which can go iffy on me. And jasmine. Note-reading fail. I definitely get some tonka and perhaps the honeysuckle? But it doesnt smell all that much like honey to me. I think the carnation and jasmine are taking over this one unfortunately. All I smell is icky flowers :P Where's my honeysuckle and fig? Alas.

*blows dust off old review notes; squints*

Aha! Hony Mone... looks like I thought it smelled like "honeysuckle and lily of the valley. With honey." And I also noted that this may have been extracted "from assal region." At any rate, although I know I love the smell of fresh honeysuckle, there's this block for me where I can't wear primarily floral notes that don't smell grounded enough in other, soothing basenotes. So, off I swapped Hony Mone. Still a beautiful scent! Just... y'know. Not my beautiful scent.

ETA: I'm also remembering now that, as someone upthread mentioned, the honey was hitting my nose with cloying sweetness. So, that was a dealbreaker too. Sorry Hony!

Edited by dorothy humbird

It's odd how different it is on us all. For me, this is all rich, warm honey and I can't pick out any of the florals or fruit. Surprisingly, I find it very warm and seductive, where lots of the honeyed flavors turn me off.

Purchased from a lovely forumite--this was one of the first LEs I added to my wishlist when I first discovered BPAL (all of two months ago).

In the bottle: Lots of almond gives the honeysuckle-based floral a slightly gritty edge. I think I can pick out the fig, too. Not detecting any carnation or tonka yet...

Wet on skin: Sharp honeysuckle at the forefront, with fig and/or pomegranate adding a deeper sweetness. The almond, which is almost never good on me, has mercifully faded almost completely.

Dry on skin: A multilayered drydown: the honeysuckle blends with the other floral notes (except I never do get any carnation) while the fruit stays in the background, then the fruit and honey take the lead as the honeysuckle/jasmine fades.

Hony Mone lasts over eight hours on me and gets progessively more beautiful. :P

Edited to correct grammar fail

Edited by Mezzo

In the bottle: Delicious, a little foody: roasted almonds with fruit and very sweet floral.

Wet: Roasted almond and honey, but the floral comes up quickly. The sweetness turns sensual, driven by the jasmine.

Twenty minutes: Honey, jasmine, powdery floral. For a scent full of sweet notes, it's not all that sweet on me compared to, say, Jezebel.

One hour: Still honey and honeysuckle-jasmine. The powdery effect has died back somewhat, which is good. This is heady, sweet, rich, intense.

Two hours: Still mostly honey-floral. There is still some powdery effect, so this is not perfect on me, but it sure is pleasant.

Three hours: I really like this, but it is a bit on the powdery side.

Five hours: Still delicious, but the powdery impression lingers.

Eight hours: Wow, it's still there! The powdery note seems similar to the one in Hetairae. I wondered if it could it be the fig, but L'Autunno has fig and isn't powdery. Must be something about one of the three honey notes. Litha and Jezebel have honey but don't go powdery; Mead Moon went powdery.

Wow, this is beautiful! I'm getting the honey, and also the flowers. Loads of throw! Stays perfect.

OMG - one of my favorites! I love honey & I think tonka's becoming a fav. too! So sexy & sultry. mmmm - you can def. smell the honeysuckle & jasmine. Next to Mead Moon, my favorite honey scent!! :wub:

I've been putting off reviewing this one, as I seem to have a totally different experience, and I keep trying it to see if I really do smell what I think I smell, or if it's just a fluke. After eight or so tests, I think I can safely say this is just where this scent goes on me. In the bottle, and when first applied, this smells to me exactly like Andes Mints. Chocolate mint candies, and nothing else. Very weird, and I can only conclude that my skin chemistry just effs this one up all over the place. :cry2: The minty note fades almost immediately, and I eventually wind up with chocolate covered flowers that may have been near a beehive at some point. Sadly, chocolate - or whatever my skin is turning into chocolate in this scent - is a no-go on me. I am glad to see that other reviewers also get the chocolate note. I was thinking I must be crazy!

Edited by Wench457

Well, on the one hand, I don't get any almond (which is a YAY!), but on the other hand, jasmine seems to be misbehaving again! GAH! It seems I just can't win. But, I love honey so I keep trying everything with it, regardless of notes of doom! Anyway, to get on with this review:

This is sweet honey, and there is an initial blast of jasmine that seems to last for about 1/2 an hour. It settles a little and you can make out some other notes here. Jasmine, still, and honeysuckle and tonka with honey. It's sweet and fairly light. A honeyed floral on me definitely. I can't quite decide how I feel about this so I'm going to have to retest it in a couple of days.

Frimp from the amazing Bain!

Imp: Mmmm! This smells just like baklava to me in the imp.... it's got that lovely honey-sweetness combined with dried fruits and something kind of nutty smelling and something else that smells... grainy. Not like the stuff you eat, but the actual texture. It's sweet and foody and heady although the wheat-germ effect is kinda throwing me off.

Wet: All wheat germ for a moment, and then the honey comes back up, and with it the glorious, glorious florals. I'm not a floral girl but damn, if I were these would be the florals I like-- big sweet round blooms, honeysuckle and jasmine and carnation. Sweet fig and apricot and almond follow, and under it all, that gorgeous honey. This is very, very light and summery. I do still catch some of the wheat-germ, though... maybe it's the tonka combining with the fig?

Dry: Damn! That wheat-germ smell just won't go away, and it's ruining what would otherwise be a lovely blend.... fig, honeysuckle, carnation and honey are the dominant notes on me, leading to a bountiful summery loveliness (except for the grain note.) Oh well. Hopefully the person I frimp this back to will love it.

Hony Mone

Oh. Jasmine. I must've overlooked that. Sadly, my skin brings out the worst in jasmine. I can kind of smell past it to the honey and herbs, but it's mostly bad, bad jasmine.

In the bottle, mostly honey and fig.

Wet on the skin, honey, fig, and carnation immediately. Almond comes out as it begins to dry. Not a strong almond, but just enough. Seems to go a bit more fruity as it dries further, but nothing specific in terms of fruit. I keep trying to smell the apricot, but am not having much success, yet I do smell fruit beyond the fig.

Dries down to honeyed carnation and dark fruit.