Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bigeyedgirl

TKO Massage Oil

TKO MASSAGE OIL

Many things -- such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly -- are done worst when we try hardest to do them.

Soothing lavender in a blend of skin-softening almond oil, rice bran, and vitamin E.

Oh, how lovely and rich this massage oil is. I purchased it, not to use on my clients but my grandfather who has dementia and is frequently aggitated. I recieved it today and couldn't wait to use it. I grabbed my husband and used it on him. The consistancy of the oil and smmoth and light. It has great glide and it doesn't leave an oily residue. You also don't have to use alot of it to get a good slickness going. The scent, wow, it smells like an 8oz bottle of pure TKO oil. Not at all weak or watered down. I will continue to purchase this, I may also use it when I do pain management at the hospice. Beth and Ted, thank you! I do wish they came in larger sizes.

I gave myself a foot massage with this and oooohhh it's good stuff. Smells just like regular TKO (there is a hint--just a hint--of rice bran smell when you sniff this up close) and isn't greasy at all (my sheets and carpets thank the labbies very much). Very nice!

Edited to add that the scent from this really lingers--I could still smell it on my hands this morning, after washing them a couple of times and sleeping all night! Yum.

Edited by Iceblink

I had a professional massage with this yesterday. It is awesome, it had a nice glide and filled the room with scent and on the drive home I nearly put my friend in the passenger seat asleep, I couldn't sleep because I was driving, but it didn't take long once I got home before I laid down for a nice long nap.

Lovely, I plan to bring this along to all my massages.

I love the lab's TKO perfume oil and since I moisturize nightly as well, I thought this would be a great way to combine the two.

My husband massaged my shoulders, neck and upper arms with this a couple of nights ago. It smells exactly like the perfume oil: the lavender is a little sharp at first, but it calms down quickly to a lightly sweet and comfy marshmallow lavender scent.

The massage oil rubs in easily and sinks in beautifully. After just a few minutes of massaging, my skin was moisturized but not greasy at all. I fell asleep quickly, just like when I use TKO perfume oil.

A definite winner in my book! :P

Om nom nom, I love TKO massage oil. The boy gave it to me for (belated, things have been crazy financially ) Yule, and we just finally got to use it last night.

It smells just like TKO, it feels amazing, and as far as I can tell my sensitive skin had no problems with it whatsoever. Of course my boy, being sweet and knowing me too well, was determined to roust me after my lovely massage for a shower so my skin wouldn't become a disaster area. My brain said "Yeah right! You just slathered me with TKO!" I actually said, "Nghh!" :P

I plan on using this as a before-bed hand moisturizer, too, because it soaks in so nicely!

TKO Massage Oil - I have a love/hate relationship with TKO perfume oil. The scent is too sweet for me to like it at all, yet the oil really, really works when it comes to soothing me and helping me sleep at night. So I was curious about this TKO Massage Oil. I like the massage oil scent a million times better than the perfume oil. It's actually the exact same scent, but somehow, spreading a thin layer of it over more skin area seems to almost thin out the scent of the TKO on me, keeping it from being overly-powerful and overly-sweet. It's still the strong scent of lavendar and ultra-sweet sugary marshmallow, just not *too* strong. The oil itself is wonderful - a tiny bit goes a long way to scent my skin and also to moisturize it, which is an extra benefit. The oil slides on nicely and sinks in quickly without leaving my skin slippery or greasy. I really love this and when I run out, I will buy more.

Edited by Shollin
coding fix --Shollin

I adore the Panacea TKO, so I thought the massage oil would be more of the same. It's not; it's better. Somehow being able to slather with abandon is more soothing. The scent is less sharply lavender than a fresk TKO perfume oil.

This is a winner.

This has become a staple for me. I can safely say that I use in every single day. Even if it's only a quick rub on my hands before bed, or a dab on my temples when I feel fried.

This does smell slightly different than the Lab's TKO. The massage oil is somehow less intense. I smell more vanilla and sweetness than the strong lavender that I associate with TKO. It's possibly more beautiful than the perfume oil. And I don't know how this work so well, but it does. The scent is relaxing enough to calm me down and it does help me fall asleep more easily than I would without it. Best of all, even when I slather myself in it I don't feel like I'm walking around reeking of fragrance. And believe me I do slather.

The texture is very light and silky, as with all of the massage oils. It soaks in easily without a greasy feeling or a thick residue. I am obsessed with this. I've already been through half a bottle in a month and that's saying something. I don't think I've finished a bottle of anything ever.

I received a nice large decant of TKO yesterday and immediately tried it. The consistency is perfect, very light, and it soaks into the skin without being greasy or leaving a film. It left my hands very soft!

The scent is...well, I woke up this morning and thought I smelled shortbread. I have no idea how I made that association, but it was definitely shortbread, and it was definitely wafting from my hands. It's not an overpowering scent, and I did fall asleep pretty quickly last night. There's more creamy vanilla in it than lavender, but I amp vanilla, so YMMV.

Now to get the boyfiend to use it on me...

I am in love with my TKO massage oil :D. I gripe a lot about bath products and such not being strongly scented, but this stuff definitely packs a punch. I think that it might actually be longer lasting on my skin than the TKO oil on its own, and it has fantastic throw without being overwhelming. It's also a bit more mellow than the usual TKO, sweet lavender and vanilla that smells like powdered sugar on my skin. It turns more towards a sweet vanilla with hints of sweet, soothing lavender after a while. It makes for the most relaxing massage ever.

The boy gave me a massage with this last night and I just melted. I'd normally shower afterwards because the massage oils make my skin feel a little sticky, but I was loving the TKO smell too much to shower it off. I went to bed shortly after, slept well, and woke up with soft, still lightly scented skin.

Verdict? Love it. It's great in 5 ml oil form, but it's even better when it can be slathered on. I may not get a massage with it every night, but I'll definitely use at least a few dabs of it before bed, if only just to get a bit of the soothing fragrance to help me unwind :P

I keep my TKO massage oil next to my bed, within arms' reach. Just in case there's a fire and I have to take my 1 precious item with me - that's right, the TKO. :D

Everything that is great about TKO regular oil is the same here and what I think is amazing is how good it feels putting it on; normally, I hate having moisturizers and oils on my hands and have to wipe my hands off right after. :P This one, I wish I could rub it into my nose! Okay, maybe not that extreme, because that might be weirdly squishy, but wow, I love how these massage oils feel.

What I really love about the massage oil is that even more so than my oil, it gets all over my bedsheets and I get to wake up calm and relaxed because even if the scent has faded on my person (I absorb like crazy), it's still lingering in my comforter! Delicious! <3

I've had a few rubs with TKO massage oil and, while tis great, it doesn't have as much impact on me as the perfume oil. Last night, though, I poured a little in the bath, then stepped into the most sensual, sleepy-sexy Elysian waters, scented with sweetened lavender and just a sneaky suggestion of pot.

I got out all silky smooth and massaged in some more oil. Wet skin seems to bring out the vanilla in the oil and I smelled fabulous, I must say. I wished I had some lavender coloured silk pyjamas to slip into, instead I put on my grubby robe and removed my cat's gift of hair-ball puke from the bed. Still. I slept easily and deeply and that's not normal. TKO massage oil: gorgeous as a massage, even better in the bath.

TKO massage oil smells far less lavendery than TKO the scent. This is a GOOD thing as TKO the scent is far too lavender to wear on my skin, so I have always resorted to using an oil burner to diffuse the smell in the bedroom before I go to bed. All the things I love about TKO (the scent) when diffused are there in the massage oil. There is more vanilla and marshmallow and much, much less lavender which is fantastic. It's a gorgeous, soothing light oil and I think it could very well be used as a scink moisturiser (I have dry skin though).

TKO massage oil on my skin is quickly absorbed but has an incredibly intense scent which is still noticeable on my PJs and duvet when I wake up in the morning - YUM :P . However, TKO massage oil in the burner does not work at all as the burner starts to diffuse an oily smell after 10 minutes or so (the carrier oil) and exudes gummy oil all over my bedside table :D

So the moral of this tale is, use TKO massage/moisturising oil on the skin as it smells as wonderful as oil-burner-diffused TKO scent. But don't use it in the diffuser!

TKO Massage oil is my favorite offering from the trading post.

It is not greasy, sinks in extremely fast, and the scent lasts forever. The beauty of the massage oil is that one can slather themselves silly. It does not leave marks on sheets or clothing, which makes it a clear winner.

And a little goes a very long way. So you feel like your slathering, but not really.

Soothing, calming, sleep inducing magical massage oil.

Thank you!

The massage oil is silky, sinks in fast and has the most wonderful TKO smell. Ever. It's very true to the Panacea blend.

I don't think in our house we need a TKO massage oil --- cuz the masseuse would also fall asleep!

On the other hand, I can see this being used as a 'sleepy time' pre bed moisturizer.

Oh TKO, I love you!

I tried some of this last night, 'cause while I was trying to wait until I had someone to give me a proper massage, I had a sore shoulder, and it was sitting there tempting me.

Oh, what a lovely lavenillamallow scent. It reminds me of staying over with my boyfriend, to whom I gave my imp of the TKO oil for him to use at bedtime. The texture's nice, too, oily but not greasy -- it settled into my skin nicely, leaving a cloud of scent but hands I could still use without leaving grease-prints. Wonderful ... and the scent stayed, too, all night long and into the next morning.

My mom and sister bought this for me for my birthday and all I have to say is :wub2:

I hadn't ordered the perfume oil before I asked for this, but from reviews and the list of notes, I figured it would be great and I'm glad to say that it worked out perfectly.

It's a lovely light oil that absorbs quickly which is fantastic as other massage oils tend to stay on my skin and get in my hair, which gets gross. The scent is fantastic. It's definitely a vanilla-mallow-lavender combination that smells delicious and it works! For the first time in a long while I was able to go to sleep fairly quickly and have relatively harmless dreams. By that I mean I normally have really freaky disturbing dreams and last night I did not, thankfully. Hopefully this becomes a recurring thing. :D

Overall this is a great oil, not just because of the scent, but because of it's texture and absorbability. If that's a real word.

Oh man I can't wait to give/ receive a real massage with this. I just have a compulsion to slather this on everywhere every time i walk by it. It layers with everything o.o even made black musk smell good on me.

Doesn't really help me sleep. But I love the smell and the relaxation. So much better than the perfume oil (and smells same) because i like being able to rub it everywhere.

I think I need another bottle of this in my next bptp order... because at this rate its not going to last me until its intended purpose.

Like there is a bit of a corn scent undertone at first... but it goes away pretty quickly, leaving me with a slightly spicy ginger vanilla that grows on me more every time I wear it.

Plus its such an amazing smell to wake up to, and linger in bed with.

mmmm. Need lifetime supply... pronto

TKO massage oil has made me look at lavender in a different light. Normally, I don't like the stuff. It's medicinal and too sharp to my nose, but the lavender in TKO massage oil is softer and smoother. The vanilla rounds it off and makes me think that I'm sitting on a lavender marshmallow. On top of that, the massage oil isn't greasy at all. I keep on reaching for this instead of my lotions, both during the day and before going to bed. I also love how I can still smell it when I wake up in the morning, and how it clings to my clothing as well. I find that some scents tend to go off or a bit weird when clothing absorbs it, but not TKO massage oil. It stays true to its scent for sure. Everyone needs to try this, and I know that I will always want to have this on hand.

Yes, this is TKO wrapped up in delicious massage oil. Vanilla and lavender, but not fake, and leaves this skin very soft. I like it better than the TKO perfume oil because this envelops your whole body, and not just where you apply it. I was out like a light, and didn't even get to enjoy it much before I fell asleep. I woke the next morning to still fairly strong TKO scent. My pyjamas smell wonderful and I can never be without this! :wub2:

I love this oil. it sinks into your skin very fast, making it a great pre sleep moisturizer. This far and away surpasses the sleepy head bar from lush that I had been using up to this point. I also like the fact that if I get some on my hair, well, my hair look shiny and smells great, not stringy and oily. I'm thinking about mixing a few drops into my hot oil treatment the next time I do one.

TMI alert: I rarely sleep well- if it's not thoughts of my highly stressful job waking me up in the middle of the night, it's the hot flashes coupled with having to get up to pee every 2 hours. :blush:

I have tried some other kinds of lavendar-scented products in the past, but they didn't really help me sleep. But so many people rave about it that I decided it was time I tried TKO. I smoothed the massage oil into my arms and hands, and it soaked into the skin very nicely, without leaving a greasy residue. The lavendar was pretty strong at first, but it quickly faded into a soft, sweet blend. I just got this two days ago, and for the past two nights, I have slept straight through the night until 5:30 AM- unbelievable! This can't be a coincidence.

I only wish my husband would learn to give a massage so I could really get the full benefit... he's the world's worst. So I'm going to take this along the next time I can splurge on a professional massage.

First of all, I hate lavender. It usually gives me an intense headache and I avoid it as much as possible... I won't even try a frimp if lavender is listed in the notes. That said, I still wanted to try this because I was hearing all these rumblings about marshmallowy vanilla cotton candy goodness along with the lavender.... and the rumblings were right!

The first 10 minutes I get full on herby lavender which I still don't like but it doesn't give me a headache at least ... then when it dries down it's this most amazing marshmallow, vanilla, cotton candy, sugary cloud scent. I love it. I already have a bottle ordered. The lavender totally evaporates on me. I plan on using this as a body oil/fragrance.

Big thanks to Dana who graciously sent me the oil to try before buying. I am forever grateful and I'll pay if forward!

All of the reviews for this are pretty damn spot on. I've been having trouble falling asleep lately, even when my acupuncturist gives me the Frankenstein points at the side of my neck. Its something I never really have too much trouble with, but its freaking annoying!

I love lavender and I love vanilla and I love BPTP, so why not give it a shot, right?

The scent does start out as a slightly sharp herbal note, but vaporizes quickly into a creamy scent. Its exactly the way I imagined it would smell. That rarely happens.

But, something happens when I have it on. Past that nice cozy stage, it goes into a musky realm that smells nearly identical to the sweet, smokiness of Snake Oil and WILF. And there is something about those two scents that makes me feel sick; its the strangest thing but they make me feel like I am going to ralph. The scent is so strong that it wakes me up and I toss and turn trying to escape it in my half sleep stupor.

Eventually, I fall asleep and wake up to creamy vanilla yumminess.

Odd.

EDIT: Its now been two months and the oil must have mellowed out big time. I no longer get that intoxicating rush where I feel like I may pass out or puke (maybe both).

The man does not detect one ounce of lavender, he just says "You're wearing that syrup oil again aren't you? You smell like pancakes." I've also gotten caramel from my acupuncturist. Of these, I smell neither.

It has easily become my absolute favorite scent. I wear it almost every day, since its bath oil I slather myself in it before I get dressed and smell myself alllll daaaay loooong.

Edited by ECLECTIC

I can't believe I've never reviewed this. TKO massage oil is my all time favorite lab/trading post bottle; I probably buy 10 or more bottles a year. I wear it all the time myself and constantly get compliments and invitations to snuggle. The snuggling part is a little weird from the random person in line behind me at the grocery store, but it's typical of this scent. To me, TKO is lavender/marshmallow heaven and just makes people want to get close.

I teach yoga and use aromatherapy during savasana (the relaxation portion at the end of class). TKO is the number one requested oil by my students- smearing 70+ people a day with this oil is how I go thru 10 bottles a year. People beg for this oil! And of course, I carry around imps abd the postcards, so I can initiate my students into the gorgeous world of BPAL/BPTP. If you're on the fence about buying TKO, just go ahead and get it. You'll love it. Oh, btw, I prefer the massage oil to the perfume oil. They smell almost exactly the same to me (the perfume oil might be just a tad sharper in the lavender department); you will get more bang for you buck from the massage oil. You can really slather it on and it lasts forever. It's also a great consistency for giving massages.