Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sage, white mint, grey amber, papaya pulp, crushed grass, cucumber, green musk, green tea, and lime rind.

Bottle: So green! Green amber warmth, musk, and plant matter.
Wet: Green.
Drydown: Pale musk, faint coolness of cucumber. Nowhere near as awesome as the bottle scent.
Dry: Very faint green, but very pretty.

Would I ever wear this? I don't know. I should probably try this again.

My rating: 3/5

In the bottle: Numb with soul... Clean,soapy but with something great in it.

On my skin: Warm clean and green. Don´t know why I thought of F5 when I read the description. This is more earthy and oh so lovely.

It does not last very long but I love it!

Green and herbal in the imp, and it applies the same. My first impression is that it's a bit too masculine for me. Secondly, it VERY quickly turns to soap on me. :( Trade pile it is.

Decant, purchased from Venus Starfire. Preceded by El Dia De Los Reyes.

In the imp: Mm, cool green fruits. This reminds me so much of Serpents, with that grass note plus fruits. The difference mainly seems to be the lack of current. But the lime rind is there, along with the cucumber and papaya.

Wet: Ack, this turned immediately to laundry detergent!

Dry: Whew, that detergent phase passed... I'm getting the slight stinkiness of the amber, now. There's a fruit war going on, they each want to have their say.

Later: All of the fruits are gone, it's just musk and grass, now. Which is okay, that's how Serpents ends up, too. The amber has stuck around; I have a love/hate relationship with that one, because it can be so mercurial on me... But it works in this one.

Overall: I'm wondering if I could make this one emulate Serpents by layering it with a berry note.

Edited by kolibri

Wet: Fresh, green, and juicy. I think the papaya is giving me the juicy note, and the green musk and grass notes are sticking out as well.

Dry: The musk has amped up, and there's just a tiny bit of lime peeking through now. This is a very fresh, juicy, musky "green" scent. It's not something that I want to wear ALL the time, but it definitely scratches any itch I have for a good "green" scent.

In the bottle: Juicy, tart, and fruity. The first comprehensive way I can describe it is that it smells like the green Lifesavers (the fruity kind, not the minty kind) taste.

On my skin:

Wet, I immediately get papaya as a distinct note, followed by the grass, and just a hint of the mint. Just a few minutes in, however, the cucumber, green musk, and green tea become the dominant notes on my skin. That's the only big morph I get out of this one. When it finally settles, the musk is the note in the forefront, with cucumber and green tea still detectable in the background.

The cucumber and green tea give this a very clean, fresh feeling while the musk helps it feel like it belongs on my skin, if that makes sense. Like, it does feel clean, but the musk keeps it from feeling soapy.

Throw is very light on me.

I'm testing this today because of a suggestion that colored musks would be good for a Pop Art talk.  It's surprisingly apt fit.  My first impression is of sour green apple Jolly Rancher candy.  When I look at the notes, I see there is no apple listed; I think what I"m smelling is a blend of lime for the tartness and papaya for the fruit.  As it dries down, the fruitiness starts to share space with green grassy notes, slightly sweet cucumber, and the green musk I know from Geisha in a  Green Kimono.  The earthier components -- sage, green tea, even ambergris -- aren't apparent to my nose (my skin generally obliterates the green tea note, so no surprise there). 

In terms of suitability for Pop Art, Green Phoenix is fun, bright, candy-colored, punchy, and young.  It's sunny and optimistic.  Even the fact that my first impression was a brand name links it to Pop.  It has no throw, which is pretty standard for my skin chemistry; unfortunately, it's almost gone an hour after application.  

In bottle: Sweet fresh and green, with a hint of fruitiness

Wet: Green, clean and soapy.

Dry: Soft, powdery dry herbs.

After a few minutes: Fruity banana and papaya overlain by green.

It reminds me a bit of Dragon Moon 2008 with it's soft, powdery herbs.

It also reminds me a bit of Green Tree Viper.

After first hour:  Soft, clean fruit and herbs.

After two and a half hours: Faint fruit and herbs.

After 5 hours: Pretty much gone.

Final verdict: I will definitely use up what I have but I don't know if I need more or not.

In the decant, I am getting some of the papaya pulp, a bit of mint, and a hint of the grey amber.

On me, the green musk, sage, and grey amber are the notes that stand out. It definitely smells green. The papaya pulp joins in a few minutes later, adding some sweetness to the scent. It becomes more fresh smelling over time, thanks to the green tea, cool, white mint, and a hint of lime. After a while, it becomes a perfume-y sort of scent, and I think part of that is due to the green musk and amber, which are reminding me of 51. Only this has a different fruit note and no freesia. I can smell the cucumber in this phase of the scent, although it is hard to pick out individual notes by this point.

Verdict: I'm glad I got to try this, but like 51, it's not something I would decide to wear. Fans of 51 should definitely give this a try, though!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Every note in the scent description sounds really nice and what I like. I have two bottles of Green Phoenix, though, and I don’t perceive any of these notes.

From start to finish, this is the scent of broad green walnut leaves. In the early mornings in early summer, when the air is still hung with mist or the yard freshly watered and still somewhat cool.

Each summer, I’ve wished for our walnut tree’s scent to be bottled somehow so I might keep it forever. And Green Phoenix is it. I sometimes double-check the oil against the leafy branches to make sure I’m not imagining it, but I’m not. Broad green walnut leaves in the mornings of early summer. 

For me, this one’s a joyful stunner.