Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green, for growth, expansion, prosperity, and stability.
Sage, white mint, grey amber, papaya pulp, crushed grass, cucumber, green musk, green tea, and lime rind.

In the bottle – Grass and what I can only assume is green musk

Wet on me – I think it must be the papaya pulp, but something green and earthy, with just a hint of lime on top

Dry on me – Whilst the main notes remain the grass and a slightly soapy floral, underneath there is a warm spicy musk

Overall – Considering how ‘green’ this is it’s surprisingly warm and sensual

Green Phoenix: Fruity Minty Clean. But not in a toothpaste way. Smells like the fruit aisle of a gourmet foodporium.

In the bottle: Clean, green, slightly sweet floral. Not sharp. Aquatic, calm, and soothing. Definitely grass, green tea, sage, and cucumber coming through.

Wet: More floral, also a bit soapy. Um, where is the floral coming from? I'm not getting any mint or citrus, and the sweetness is gone. There's a sharp sort of musk that isn't really working for me.

Dry: Strong floral-herbal soap.

Summary: SIGH! I was SO sure this would work for me. I still can't figure out where the damn soap came from.

I love blends with sage and this is no exception – I’m quite surprise by this, did not expect to like it very much but love it. It’s very uplifting. I can pick up hints of the mint and lime rind which are lovely and very refreshing as one would expect.

I'm still trying like hell to love this one, and I wish to god I got cucumber and mint and grass. and while it's still wet, it's absolutely fantastic. but, as soon as it starts to dry, this high pitched artificial fruit smell starts amping like hell along with the sage and makes me want to vomit :\

I really really wish I could wear this one... the reviews sound SO good.

On me this mostly smells like cucumber, mint, and green tea at first. I thought I was going to like it a lot, because it's a great, clean, almost watery green scent. But then, unfortunately, the grass and sage come out. I don't really do very well with either of those notes. The cucumber is sticking around, but it's not quite strong enough for my liking anymore.

It does smell distinctly GREEN, and I like that. But I'm not a grassy-scent sort of person. I will say that of the grassy-green scents I've tried, I think I like this one the best. I like that faintly wet cucumbery scent.

Light green mint to start, then the sage and cucumber pop in to say "hi". After a bit, the green tea and what I expect is the musk smooth it all out. Wish I'd get more of the lime rind, but I don't get any....

I like this scent a lot, and I think I smelled just about all the notes listed while wearing it. It's somewhat related to F5, but more humid (but cool at the same time), rounder, more full-bodied, and definitely fruity. I really like the musk, it stands out but is different from other musks that I'm familiar with.

I tend to wear these kinds of scents to work, because they seem a bit more traditional and I don't need to worry about offending anyone. I may be tracking down more of this. I'd say if you read the description and think that you'll like this, you probably will!

I absolutely adore this :D Top 10 LE's for sure! And has such a gorgeous label.

It was the one that jumped out at me saying BUY ME BUY ME from the most recent anniversary. I have all the others but this is by far the best!!! I was very concerened about the mint because I'm not too fond of it but thankfully it doesn't attack.

Anyways...this is absolutely gorgeous and clean smelling, it's like you just stepped out of the shower in a haze of green steam. It's kind of watery and musky at the same time. And the strongest note is the lime, followed by the tea and the musk.

It's got a citrussy feel to it, and it's fresh in a way that most other citrus blends aren't.

When it's dry it becomes much softer, I think the green musk is amping on my skin, and it's soooo nice I want to lick my arm hehe :P

I could go on for ages....but I won't.

So glad I got a bottle!

Bottle: green. But not bright vivid green. Darker green

Wet on Me: tiny hints of the min now…and the lime. The sweet must be the papaya. The counter to that must be the green tea.

Drying Down: The mint is overtaking the lime. And The grass and cucumber are also begging for attention.

Dry: Dried to a nice soft clean green. Pleasant. Not overbearing.

First sniff: Ooh, this is very green. Grassy, minty, wet, cool, fresh. This would be spectacularly refreshing on a muggy summer day.

Wearing: It’s beautifully leafy-green and cooling, and as it dries there’s a gorgeous hint of green fruit. Very, very nice.

The lime is very prominent in Green Phoenix-- it's a sharp, fresh, wet scent and reminds me of a margarita.

Other than that... This is a cool, slippery blend which reminds me rather of The Witch's Garden in that the green notes don't bring to mind herbs so much as leafy vegetables. There's a bit of a "cucumber melon" feel to this oil, but with more complexity. A sliver of grass, perhaps some aloe or clover?, but no mint for me. Airy and healthy. Almost makes you want to drink it like a tonic. Spot on.

Not good for a subzero January day, but I'll treasure this come summer. ;)

Ack! I spilt it!! :( Well, not wanting it to go to waste I rubbed what I could get off my table onto my arm. It's so fresh and gorgeous! Very much like Squirting cucumber, without..y'know, the strong dose of cucumber ;) Fresh and lovely - why oh why did I have to spill it?!?!

Wet: Grass, something lemony.

First on: General greenery, like walking around a field.

Dry: Super lemony for some reason on drydown.

Imp: Grass and lime

Wet: Much nicer! Juicy papaya, mint, lime, and yes still some grass

Drydown: Still mostly lime and grass, but the papaya, mint and tea are making it less of an allergy trigger

Overall: It's nice! Very cool and soothing. This is going to be a great summer cookout scent

Okay, I had to SLATHER myself in this to smell it, and I'm usually a dabbing sorta gal, so that's not great right outta the gate, but the initial smell seems to indicate that this blend will be worth it! Lime, grass, a TON O' PAPAYA, cucumber, and occasionally I get these gorgeous whiffs of sage, and I can't help but wish that note were more prominently featured here, because when I do randomly catch myself noting its ephemeral presence I am bowled over by its gorgeousness!

Overall this is nice...it threatens to come off a touch generic at times, perhaps only because the whole grassy cucumber papaya thing has been explored so frequently in so many popular mainstream fragrances, but this blend is better than everything else I've ever smelled in its scent category and that saves it in the end. Gonna see how I feel wearing this come summer. Kinda sorta on the fence with it still.

In the imp: Cucumber and mint.. maybe a hint of lime..

Wet.. Reminds me of a cucumber soap I once had. As it dries down it's really reminding me of a cucumber and melon lotion (from Bath and Body, I believe?). Still a little soapy. It's a very faint scent, as well. It's not bad.. but I don't really think this is for me..

In bottle: Musky, green-smelling, fairly bold, un-sweet.

On me, wet: A decidedly chlorophyllous scent. I’m getting the crushed grass first and foremost, but the musk is there too, and possibly the sage and tea.

On me, drying: Gets gentler, but still not sweet. It’s nice.

On me, dry: A pleasant enough but undistinguished soft green musk.

Verdict: Not bad, not awesome.

It smells soft green, like grass, cucumber, a tiny bit of mint, sage, and lime.

I think what I smell is the tea and cucumber. Green Phoenix is a very clean scent and has a soapy quality. Pleasant without being overbearing.

I came by this secondhand, and it's really lovely. I didn't think I would be wild for it, but I really am! The only downside is that it disappears SO fast and requires SO much to be really fragrant.

Wet, it's all cucumber and mint. It dries pretty much the same, with some sun-kissed grass coming out to counteract the really cool mintiness. Weirdly, I think this is a very wintery scent on me--the cool, dry mint and the wet, faint sweetness of the cucumber are really nice and wintery. I LOVE it now that the weather is getting really chilly. It simultaneously harmonizes with the cold weather and hearkens back to warm weather.

Also, this scent is a little different in an alcohol-based solution in an atomizer. I put it into the atomizer and settled on 3 parts alcohol, 1 part scent--which is pretty strong, but I like it that way. I can spritz it all over my clothes and it hangs out a lot longer than straight oil on my skin. It also gets a little sweeter, grassier, and more green tea.

I love green phoenix! Once this bottle runs out, I really hope I can find a GC like it.

Minty green musky grass.

Kinda spicy green.... not what I was expecting but I like it.

This is a very clean and fresh scent but mixed with a hint of spicyness to give it a spash of adventure so it's not too safe.

Lovely.

Edited by Lilly

The cucumber is definitely the culprit here with that weird fake cucumber sweet smell I get from a lot of Beth's cuke notes. No mint, sage or papaya, some crushed grass and green musk with a limey overtone. Definitely a green scent but not for me.

We had a St. Patrick's Day dinner to go to at my mother-in-law's, and she wears shamrock stockings and such, so I tried to choose a St. Patty's scent. I chose Green Phoenix because--duh, green--and because it's such a springy scent.

I haven't worn it since forever and forgot how much I love this one. It's fruity without being sweet or girlish, and it's citrusy but not remotely bitter. It is immensely calming, subtle, and beautiful. Sophisticated, but natural.

It is also very light--not much throw. But that's part of its subtle sophistication.

I was all set to write a review about how this seems kind of soapy but almost not quite when my SO across the room said, "something smells like soap" - and I knew that yes, indeed, this does smell soapy. I like cucumber, grass, lime, mint, everything listed... but none of the notes feature prominantly enough to keep this from smelling like a mellow blend of all things green and clean which ends up translating as soapy. I really wanted to love this one more.