Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Whoa this is seriously sugary, boozy rum! There is also lots of buttery coconut. As it dries it becomes sharper and more spicy. Then the tobacco shows up like a late guest at a party (and Perversion is a party in itself) making it a bit of a masculine scent.
I don't get any leather in Perversion and I'm not sure whether I would actually wear this. It's really a bold scent.

Edit: spelling :D .

I thought I'd reviewed this, but apparently I missed it!

Perversion is the first bpal scent I've had that made me want to gnaw on my own arm, and sent me straight to start a 5ml bottle list. It's lovely, smoky, vanilla with a coconut-rum scent that wafts up over the top. Unfortunately, it disappears on my skin after four hours, leaving only a vaguely creamy skin scent ( :cry2: ). On my sister, however, it's a power scent with tons of throw that looks like it may be one of those long-lasting glories. It's also much more smoky coconut on her and made me want to snuggle up to her hand to keep sniffing.

There's enough smoke and tobacco I think I would adore this on a guy.

In the imp and fresh on: Oh-oh, strong burnt-sugar potential.

Drydown: Okay, no burnt-sugar. What I'm getting now seems to be mostly tobacco and tonka, and that (plus rum) may have been the source of the initial impression.

Long-term: This is a pleasant, masculine scent, but not so masculine that I'd be uncomfortable wearing it. The tobacco is much to the fore and only modified by the other notes, so it's rather like a sweet pipe tobacco; I agree with Kindkit that it's a discreet-Victorian-gentlemen's-club sort of scent. Staying power is surprisingly low -- 8 hours and it's very faint.

Bottom line: This is absolutely going to be my go-to scent for when I'm doing steampunk! So it's a good thing that I have 2 imps of it; one can stay at home and the other go into my travel kit.

I REALLY like this - so far, of every single blend I hoped to work well for me containing leather, this is the ONLY one that does! (though to be fair, Narrow opening isn't bad, but I definitely think this one trumps that one!) This one is a cleaner, lighter scent, with the heady background of leather. The tobacco is present, but tamed by the Chardonnay, so it's not as overpowering as it is in the narrow opening, which in that one, the Myhrr exacerbates. I think I am content with my imp for now, but will also like to see how this one ages!

Bottle: So weirdly enough, I get the rum/chardonnay/tonka blend straight out of the bottle. Almost foody sweet.

Wet: It’s that sweet-sticky rum/chardonnay/tonka blend with a hint of smoke—a bare hint. Come on, tobacco and leather. I know you’re in there. I’m really hoping that tobacco comes out soon.

Dry: Tobacco, where are you??? This is sticky-sweet on me; it’s drying out but it’s still sticky-sweet. I am desperate for black tobacco and steamy leather, but they are nowhere to be found. The chardonnay has to be what’s twisting this, since tonka usually works on me and rum is completely unpredictable - though I guess rum usually strikes me as foody. On the one hand, it’s a really intriguing scent — I can’t stop smelling my wrist — but on the other, it’s so not me. It’s foody. I did not think Perversion would be foody. At times, it's strongly reminiscent of coconut.

Later: It's got some throw, but meh, not for me. My skin did not pick up the tobacco on this one. Swap pile.

Edited by curlsandpearls

I have really high hopes for this one. Thus far my 5ml bottle is full of coconut and booze and little else. I so want to smell the leather and tobacco that make it so perverted. It's only 4 months old, so I think it has a ways to go...I like the smell, it's just not what I expected. Bring on the PERVERSION!!

In the Imp (ITI): Yum, a delightful combination of tonka and tobacco are first out of the gate. It’s deceptively seductive even on first sniff. As I inhale deeper, there is a bit of warm brown leather in there as well.

Wet: It’s much more florid and sweet on my skin, which may be due to the chardonnay and rum; however, the tobacco adds just enough to keep it from being too innocent.

Dry: Sweet tonka and a touch of rum are all that remain after a workout and several hours.

To my nose: Coconut and booze. It is not the same type ofbooze as in Smut, this actually smells like rum.

On me: The first thing that popped into my head was: Beachparty. The party turned wild and your coconut sunscreened body is now alsocovered in sticky, rum-based drinks. I do not know why this image is in myhead, but it is. I get the tonka, that's trying to discreetly sneak in withoutanyone knowing. And then Perversion turns more masculine. A man moving close toyour sticky body (dancing?), and you can smell his leathery cologne..

Two wordpuzzles and a Mass Effect Multiplayer round later:Coconut and rum, no question. A touch of leather is in the background.

Well, Perversion is really what I would describe as"Naughty". In more than one way. If you wear it out one night, Ithink you would feel like the sexiest person in the room. Wear it in thebedroom: WHAM! You are now a dangerous sex goddess, without a doubt.This issuch a keeper! And, I was recently given a lipbalm with a toffee/coconut-smell that goes GREAT with Perversion!

Edited by Missy_killer

In the imp: First impression was "oatmeal raisin cookie." I seriously smell raisins here - I guess maybe it's the Chardonnay/grape note?

On my skin, I get a baking-spices cinnamony note and vanilla (though, looking at the notes, I guess it's actually tonka.) I am getting some leather now. It smells like the "black leather" note from Black Rider and Rogue that I like; other leather notes have smelled harsh and chemical on me. This is surprisingly foody on my skin. The booze and tobacco are not strong, but I can detect them in the background. It's making me think of a sexy leather-clad rogue, fresh from a night of debauchery, baking cookies. XD The rum comes out more as it dries and smells coconutty. Leather, sweet tobacco, coconut.... Weirdly I actually feel kind of fuzzy-headed even though I am totally sober right now. Power of suggestion? I think it's too sexy for me to actually wear out. o_o

Edited by sunlitgarden

I had looked past Perversion for several months, thinking the tobacco and rum would go sickly on my skin, but I've been on a leather kick lately. Given all the hubbub this scent gets, it shot straight to the top of my MUST TRY NOW list.

My imp must be heavy on the chardonnay and the tonka; I get very little leather and no tobacco. I'm not too surprised, since there seems to be a big variation among batches. It's a very dry, sweet, and sophisticated scent - what a cultured lady might wear to a fancy dinner party (though perhaps her lipstick is smudged and her hair a bit askew after an impromptu romp in the linen closet...).

I'm tempted to get a bottle of this eventually just in case it turns out to be a the super-sexy leather that everyone clamors about! Still, even heavy on the chardonnay and the tonka, it's a nice scent, just not the perverse descent into olfactory BDSM I was hoping for. ;) This will be in my next GC bottle order for sure.

Edited by KittyHawk

Perversion:

In the imp: Oh, coconut rum! But more creamy - it must be the tonka mixing with the rum and champagne smells that is giving it that creamy, coconutty smell. The tobacco is sweet and lovely, not dry like some blends smell to me.

On my skin: Wow, this blend goes through so many changes in about 10 seconds. I wish I could slow it down and make the changes last a little longer, because I want to savor the different notes! I let it dry down a bit, and what I'm smelling is primarily sweet, sweet tobacco. This is tobacco like when you go to a craft store where they store small bits of tobacco in airtight glass jars for use in pipes. This is the smell you get when you lift the lid and take a whiff. It's leathery but not like leather in most other blends. It's sweet and not dry. And this scent has got great throw. I did two small swipes from the imp wand onto my wrist, and I can still smell it when I move my hands while typing.

Mmmmm this smells SO GOOD. I must have a bottle of this - initially I bought it to scent a wig, but I want to wear this more often!! This is a lovely, yummy scent.

Upon initial application this is strong rum and a blast of coconut. Shortly thereafter this blend morphs through the rest of the notes and I get a chance to smell each in turn. I was worried when it appeared to settle on bad wine, but then the coconut came back again and the leather sat squarely in the background. I think I might like it better than my current "beachy pirate" blend, Port Royal.. I may have to death match them.

The first time I tried Perversion, it was heavy on the rum, leather, and tobacco. Just a slight hint of vanilla and chardonnay kept it from being overwhelming and masculine. I fell in love with it, but it was the last of the imp I had received.

Last night I tried it again out of a newly received imp, and I wore it to a fetish party. This time, it was all coconut and vanilla- distinctly present but not strongly foody. It was a thick, heavy sort of coconut, though. I think this time the leather and tobacco were grounding it to get that effect.

I didn't care so much for it this time, because I'm just not a fan of prominent coconut- and my partners commented that it just didn't really reflect who I am.

I felt that the throw was moderate, and it had an average length of wearing time.

However, one of the prominent sadists in the area was visiting, and he walked in the door and started sniffing, then followed his nose through two rooms, ending up with his face plastered to my throat for several minutes and a few nips and licks. His regular partner requested a try of Perversion for herself after that reaction.

So I guess it was a perfectly appropriate scent for the scene!

I love this one, perhaps even more than my favorite - Great Sword of War. Yes, I would say it's a bit masculine, but so much that it can't be worn by a female. An aggressive, dominant, ballsy woman can wear this, or if you just need a little help to release your inner Alpha! There is a definite smokey leather going on, in the same way you would expect a smoky leather note when smelling a nice single-malt scotch. So.... it's not SMOKE and LEATHER, it's much more mellow than that, but still quite forward. I get a good buttery coconut, perhaps a combo of the tonka blended with other things. After having it on for 7 hours now, it seems very musky, very deep, but the tonka keeps it from being single-minded. Yes, this will go into my next order as a 5ml, rather than just an imp. I can personally pull this one off at work - but I'm a redhead, what can I say! ;)

Oh, this one is sooooo good! It smells like smokey leather and rum. Mmmmm.... I absolutely love this scent. It's sweet, I do get the coconut that everyone is picking up on. It also has a sweet smokey spiciness, like cigar smoke. Amazing!!!

From Perversion, I get shockingly authentic chardonnay and tobacco, with maybe just the tiniest bit of leather. This conjures up a very specific and unsettling image for me that I find far too personal.

It smells like a man with alcohol heavy on his breath, cigarette smoke thick in his clothing and hair. The leather jacket he's wearing is old, dingy, and smells more of cheap cologne than it does of leather. His face is weathered, tired, yet strangely familiar. He leans in too closely when he speaks to you. His staring eyes are red-rimmed and glassy. He won't go away.

I find this scent fascinating because it scares me, honestly. It makes me very uneasy because of the powerful and specific connotation it holds for me. I will probably never be able to enjoy it for that reason. I can definitely see what others love about it - when I clear my mind and focus, I do smell a bit of cool, creamy coconut underneath the heavy booze of the chardonnay. It doesn't change much on my skin over time - If anything, I would say the smoke just gets heavier, and more cloying. It's a very unique combination of scents, but way too overwhelming for me. It makes me feel anxious, and causes alarm bells to go off in my head - that what I'm smelling means fear, confusion, maybe even danger.

Wet: Rum and creamy tonka. Slightly buttery and spiced.

Drydown: Still creamy rum with just the slightest touch of grey-hued leather. There’s a bit of frothiness, which must be coming from the chardonnay. The butteriness of the rum starts to ease off a bit, which is a good thing in my book.

Dry: Creamy and boozy. Caramelized even. There’s a softness to it that I imagine to be the result of chardonnay fizz mixing with a light puff of tobacco. Every once in awhile I get a ghost-like hint of sharp leather. But primarily, this is soft, creamy tonka and rum. I get the impression that this is the type of perversion that involves bunny ears and pink stilettos.

A bit too sweet and creamy for my tastes (I was hoping for more chardonnay and tobacco), but this gets bonus points for being the first scent to get me unsolicited compliments from a stranger!

I got this imp for my husband hoping we could find one that would mesh with his chemistry.

WOW!

At first I thought that I was going to hate this. In the imp I smelled pepper and booze and basil or oregano(????). Not only did it not smell like something he would wear at this stage it didn't seem to suit his personality.

But then...

After it dried down it changed on him. The tonka came out very strong as did the leather and tobacco. After awhile it started to grow on me. Not only did the smell get much better, it got stronger on him as well. I could still smell this on him the next morning. It's subtle and after dry down it smells very very yummy. I couldn't keep my hands off of him. Leather, tobacco, rum and spice. Yes this smells like a man should smell.

Bring on the big bottle.

This was, by far, my favorite scent from the batch I ordered (contestants: O, Sin, Vixen, Snake Oil and freebies Bess and White Rabbit).

It excited me so much that I actually let the imp fall (yes, I'm a clumsy idiot!), thus leaving me with less than 3 applications.

When I put it on the first time, I thought it was too much on the sweet side then all shades of grey (no pun intended, I don't like the novel lol) revealed to me. It's a "dark sweet" scent.

Funny thing is that I remember that I was working on my computer and then discovered myself chewing my own wrist. Primal desires emerge with this scent.

Now I'm holding on to two drops of it even if they remind me of my idiocy, just because I can't let it go. I LOOOOVE IT!

This was far sweeter than I expected. I'm not sure where all of that sweetness comes from but it's a little overwhelming on me.

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the rum and a sweeter booze-related scent, I'm guessing that's the chardonnay. Where's the leather and tobacco?

On me: Wet, this is very heavy on the tonka and booze, with a light tobacco chaser. As it dries down the tonka continues to come forward and the tobacco makes a little more of an appearance. Some more leather and rich "smoky" rum would be nice but is no where to be found.

On my spouse: This winds up almost smelling like a dessert - very, very sweet boozy vanilla. Almost food-y in sweetness and vanilla, has a "cupcakes for grown-ups" feel to it. Spouse says: Leather and bourbon and tobacco and fig (I'm supposing the fig comes from the sweet rum.)

Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

In the imp: Smokey creamy leather.

Wet on skin: Smokey leather

Dry on skin: Smokey leather with a lightly sweet creamy undercurrent - probably the tonka.

I've tried this scent a few times, and I still have mixed emotions about this blend. I find that this oil has a tendency to change scents depending on my chemistry/cycle. Sometimes this is sweet and creamy, other times it'll be too smokey and give me an actual headache - weird, right?

Anyway, when Perversion behaves, it's so very nice; I can't stop smelling my wrists :) Also, my hubby likes this scent on me - he actually gave me a compliment - and he normally doesn't notice; unless I put my wrist in from of his face and am like "sniff".

In conclusion, I'll keep my imp, but probably refrain from a bottle.

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Wet- Sweet slightly smoky.

On Skin - The scent gets sweeter on my skin. this happens with most scents so I try not to purchase scents that are sweet already but this one smells great. As it dries the layers of tobacco come out and it becomes almost fruity. I dont smell the leather, but the sweetness may be the chardonnay?

This is for someone who enjoys very sweets scents.

Tried this yesterday (from a 6-discontinued-imp Etsy purchase). First impression: Deeply caramelized--Gjetost or butterscotch and coconut, like licking the bowl after making brown-sugar coconut shortbread dough. :wub: As it settled on my skin it kept getting deeper and richer and went straight to my oxytocin receptors. There was an odd perfumy or chemical penumbra that may have come from the alcoholic beverage notes.

I'm keeping this major aphrodisiac, oh yeah...and wearing it myself, though we'll see what my man's chemistry does to it.

_______

Edited to add note on third wearing:

Don't know whether it's because I applied more generously this time or what...this struck me differently today, sweetish tobacco smoke with wine, with the butterscotchy notes fading towards the background.

Edited by ApothecaryScribe

Loved this from first smell from the imp (im extremely picky). On skin i initially get the coconut and i love it.its not sweet coconut yet a smoky dark one. This scent is more complex on me and i get the top middle and bottom notes which i enjoyed each morph. Towards the end i get the leather but its soft so i can see this being unisex which makes it more enigmatic to me. Full size here i come :-)

-sigh- Alas perversion, you disappoint me. I was really hoping for a twisted, smoky-sexy scent, but instead I got pineapple liqueur (seriously, I can taste the alcohol at the back of my throat with each inhale) and maple syrup :/. Nice, but a little too candy-sweet for me to wear often. I'll keep my imp, but won't be crying for a bottle any time soon.

2.5/5

Edited by welcometothefamily