Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Not a winner on me.

In the bottle this smelt like what I can only describe as "dirty coconut"

On my skin, the coconut came out alot, and was the dominant smell for a while. I didnt get any hint of "tonka bean" - which Im assuming is vanillaish.

As it dried, it suddenly became very very smokey, with only a hint of cocnut, and a slight booze tint in the background.

The best comparison I can think of, is of a pub at the end of a pina colada night. Mostly smokey, with a bit of coconut ad alcohol in the background.

LOVE this. Love love love it. This about knocked me out with it's strength at first but I was quick enough to put it in isolation before I found it nauseating. With only a dab, it's wonderful.

This starts out VEEERY boozy. STRONG rum component. A hit of coconut comes out as well, so it smells like a very strong coconut flavored alcoholic drink. After that, everything just kind of fades together perfectly. I smell all the listed components plus coconut- the chardonnay, rum, and coconut dance and mingle ontop of the very faint tobacco and leather, and my beloved tonka. The tonka comes out more and more as this dries and just skyrockets my opinion of this scent into absolute and total adoration. I liked it enough to begin with, but I'm speechless now.

It's incredibly smooth and creamy but dark and sexy. This is not a day scent in any shape or form, but hell, I'm wearing it in the day anyway :D I can see where the "bondage ball" part of the description comes in. It's so PERFECT.

Oh my, I have to restrain myself from just completely GUSHING about how gorgeous and sexy and wonderful this is :P This is definitely gender neutral leaning towards the feminine side. It isn't explicitly feminine, but definitely smells a lot more 'girly' than 'manly' to me. But not girly as in reminiscent of an innocent damsel in a sundress picking flowers on a summer afternoon. This is her antithesis.

I was frightened to hear that the prototype had oakmoss in it, as that's about my least favorite note EVER. But I never picked up a trace of it in this blend. So fellow oakmoss-haters..fear not!

It layers particularly well with the Sweet Clove single note. It really gives it sort of a "sexy people at a club" vibe rather than just "sexy."

I think this very well may have knocked Snake Oil out of it's position as my #1 favorite blend. Hell, I think this might have knocked EVERYTHING I'VE EVER SMELLED IN MY LIFE down a notch.

:D

Edited by luxuria

huh in the vial it smells like bubble stuff that kids use to blow bubbles...

on it is completely different thank goodness, i really get alot of chardonay, a touch of smoke but it is fleeting not lingering smoke, the vanilla and coconut really are intertwined this is an absolutely gorgeous scent, how many 5ml can u order before u must be commited :P

have it on again today and it is very very tonka, tonka and chardonnay, gorgeous, smokey sexy scent.

Edited by shelldoo

I ordered this unsniffed form the apothecary's cat (super fast delivery) and thankfully I love it :P

everyone's described it so much better than I can - but I would urge you to try it! I think tonka seems to suit me well - I'd like to see more of it.

Hmmm...Everyone has described this as spicy vanilla which I love, so I got excited about giving it a whirl.

First sniff from the bottle - This smells like the perfume department at Macys. I think it just blasted a hole through my brain.

After 10 minutes -On me it turned to what I can best describe as 'stripper' perfume...cheap and slutty. :P

After 30 minutes- I didn't actually give this 30 minutes, I had to scrub it off. :D Sorry guys, my body chemistry just didn't like this one.

Perversion

Preconceived notions: It sounded like a highly sexual leather scent.

Later preconceived notions: Rum? Uh-oh... I hope it’s not like the super sweet buttered rum in Hellcat.

In the vial: In the vial, it smells like a softly sensual floral. Huh? Oh, that must be the chardonnay. . .

On me: Immediately, the tobacco comes out from the vanilla (tonka) - chardonnay mix, making it definitely a darker, more sinister scent. The tonka adds warmth and sensuality, while the chardonnay keeps it from going completely into evil. Still, I agree with the reviews that have called it dark, disturbing and highly sensual. It takes La Petite Mort and plunges her into an abyss of nightmares and delirium. I can’t pick out a specific leather note, but there’s something about the chardonnay-tonka-tobacco blend that evokes leather in a way I haven’t found in the other scents with leather as a component (I have not tried all of them). The tonka is the most dominant note, followed by the chardonnay. I wish the wine wasn’t so bright, though I understand why it’s there - it adds a note of frivolity and intoxication, a sense of living for the moment. Still, since I like dark scents in general, I find that it distracts me slightly from the parts that I really enjoy.

In a few minutes: The chardonnay part is gone, and I think the rum is a part of the tonka scent now, though happily it is not overpowering with booziness. It’s as if the chardonnay was only there as a seduction tool, and now the scent plunges more directly into murky sensuality. The couple in my mind is oblivious to all but raw emotions and sensations - there is clawing, biting, and passion. They aren’t in a room, though, but falling deep into swirling black mist and some sinister presence is watching them with quiet approval and a certain satisfaction. This scent is black to me - not the black of a solid object, but a pure black smoke (maybe that’s the tobacco?) This scent to me smells more like the environment than the actions themselves.

Overall: Like La Petite Mort, this sort of becomes a “skin” scent on me, that is, all the elements of it seem to be oozing out of my skin, not sitting on top of it. Oils do that in general with me, but these two did it to the extent that I really felt like I just smelled that way. It’s a keeper, and perhaps I’ll get a bigger bottle at some point. I do like the dark smokiness combined with the sheer sensuality.

First Sniff: Very strong. It reminds me of a Mounds chocolate coconut bar for some odd reason.

On my skin: Dark and mysterious. I'm having a hard time picking out the individual notes, but I smell clove and coconut.

After 1 hour: This reminds me of a goth club. All of the perfumes and scents mixing together. I smell clove cigarettes, wine and coconut. It's raw coconut mind you, not suntan lotion coconut. This is a very dark and mysterious scent.

Final verdict: I wear this one all of the time. At first I thought I'd only wear it at night, but I wear it to work all of the time and get a ton of compliments :P

Upon opening my imp, the first thing I could think of was that it smelled how I imagined conversation hearts in hell must. Sweet but tauntingly so, almost a mockery of the entire idea. On the skin it darkened quite a bit, the tobacco riding good and strong through the entire wearing, and being the note most prominent next to leather and tonka on me. As usual it's exquisitely blended, beginning as very poignant and dark, and eventually lightening to a more mellow vanillia sort of scent, tinged evenly with smoke and that leather that I love so much.

An absolutely gorgeous scent, the first imp I've worn two days in a row. It matched my green faux suede snakeskin print button-up perfectly. :P

Perversion

A gimp from ivyandpeony (go Tigers!) that I could not resist. I'm still waitin' for someone to ask me what I'm wearing. :P

This one has morphed and changed on me more than any other blend I've tried. This is a really hard one for me to pin down.

In the bottle:

Leather and coconuts and also a sort of generic perfume smell, which is a bit dismaying.

Wet:

Spicy, fresh coconut musk.

Drydown:

This is what I wanted Grog to be. All manly, spicy, dark, boozy, coconutty, swarthy, yum! Right now this is the men's cologne version of Grog. There's no buttery foodiness, just salty yummy pirate.

Later:

Over the last five hours I've gotten pirate, businessman (sort of a traditional aftershave), S&M (the leather?), boozy schizophrenia. I really like this in its non-aftershave moments but can't pin down the exact reason why.

It's a gender neutral scent that sometimes skews femme, them homme, then back to the middle again.

I can't wait to try this out in a sweaty club setting.

Edited by darkitysnark

I don't normally like coconut, at all, to eat or smell or anything. But man oh man, I don't know what it is about this scent - the tang of rum, the whiff of smoke, the creak of leather - but it's luscious.

:P

My experience with Perversion went something like this (taken from my spreadsheet notes):

In the bottle - slightly coconutty, but a nice, alcoholic, malibu rum type coconut. Nice.

On me - slightly rum-like, definitely interesting. It's already morphing into something ever so slightly sweeter and pipesmoke-like.

After a time - oh my, unique, and gorgeous! Rich, deep, complex, sexy, sensual, fascinating. Possible 5ml? Try it on my boy too? Slather it everywhere?!

Now I'm torn - I need to go shower to prepare for nightshift in about an hour, and I was going to try Wolf Moon tonight… but I don't want to wash Perversion off! If cleaniless is next to Godliness, then Perversion is sending my soul straight to Satan... :D

Edited by Nisaba

wet: this is so, so delightful! i love the tonka. . .it smells like sweet tropical fruit. reminds me of lush's absolution massage bar. i don't get rum, tobacco, or leather, which is good, because i'm not fond of those scents.

as it dries: the scent thickens. the description "deceptively magnetic" fits perfectly. it is very sexy, without being overtly sexy. bright, and dark at the same time. cant get my nose out of my arm. . . intoxicating!

in the next 2 hours: stays fairly strong and bright. has good throw. i try not to let the lab's visuals get inside my head too much when i try scents, and usually i'm successful. oddly enough, however, this makes me want to go to the local dyke bar (which i rarely do) and seduce some sweet young thang (which i haven't done in years). .. with perversion on, i feel like i could. . .

there could be a big bottle of this in my future. :P

When I first sniffed the imp, it was all sweetness, not really sticky, but like a liqueur slipping down the back of my throat.

Wet on the skin, the tonka and chardonnay floated immediately to the surface, but dirty.

As it dried, it was sitting in a dark corner, clothed all in black leather, sipping rum and smoking a cigarette out of a long ebony holder, and the sweetness was nothing more than a lingering aftertaste.

Makes me want to dress up in badness. Delicious.

Perversion:

I hadn't planned to review Perversion. I had an imp from a mass purchase, and someone was looking for one in the Wanted forum. I figured I could spare it now and pick up another one later. But before I packaged it up, I figured that hopefully she wouldn't mind if I took a light swipe of it (one imp stroke across my wrist, done very lightly) for my own curiosity.

I certainly wasn't expecting to fall in love with this scent, but I did. It is, simply put, incredible.

Wet: All Vanilla! YUM!

Drydown: Vanilla Rum. Ooh, I think this will be a big bottle scent. :P

15 minutes later: definitely smelling the tobacco and leather hints in the background, but they're so faint that I don't hate them. Surprising. Mm, vanilllllarum. I love love love this scent.

1 hour later: still the same. Loving this.

2 hours later: fading.. I applied it lightly, so I will likely need a heavier application.

This is a big bottle scent, entirely. Next order, I'm ordering Perversion.

Edited by anmorata

Initial Sniff: Smoky leather, sparkling wine, and tonka.

Wearing: Oh. My. God. This is naughty. This stays fairly true to the bottle scent on my skin; the only difference is that the wine note loses its sharpness - it kind of mellows into the smoky sweet background.

Fianl Impressions: :P I am speechless. This is a fabulous going out scent!

What an incredibly interesting oil.

Wet, in the vial it smells sweet and a bit boozy. When I put it on I catch the bubblegum others have mentioned just so briefly before it jumps ship. After that Perversion becomes all leather and smoke with a back kick of tonka that keeps it from being too masculine and makes it slither. If I close my eyes and smell creatively I can almost pick up the coconut but not really. I smell no booze at all in this on me once it's on.

I've never smelled an oil quite like this before. It's really beguiling and I'll have fun with this imp trying to decide if I want more or not.

Apologies for not using the in bottle, wet and dry format but i am useless at describing scents :D

when I frst applied this I got a strong coconut smell. Now that's not a bad thing at all but i didn't think it contained any coconut...

Once it dried on my skin, it was theeeee most gorgeous warm (and gotta be said sexiest) smell ever. I can't describe any scents other than the coconut but it does have a leather smell. I adore this and a big bottle is needed :P

When wet and drying down it's too sweetly boozy for me. I'm reminded of being a small child at christmas parties where your drunken Aunt Esther keeps trying to hug you and pinch your cheeks with her fifth rum and coke in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

Once it dried down, however, it became less cloyingly sweet and slightly less alcoholic. The leather is definitely coming through and blending gogeously with the tobacco. This is very sexy, in the very very bad for you sort of way. Not a perfume you bring home to meet your parents. I'm definitely keeping the imp and wearing it next time I go dancing, however.

In the bottle Perversion smells creamy, coconutty and sweet with some deeper currents of leather and tobacco. I had high expectations of this. On my skin, the scent develops into two strands that meet up only when I've worn it for three hours. One strand is the leather/tobacco scent, the other is a high pitched, shreeking sweetness which id just too much. Yes, for this vanilla-freak the tonka was too much. Luckily Hellfire was everything I wanted Perversion to be.

I absoultely hated this in the bottle, but wearing it changed my mind. At first it was entirely white wine, but it gradually settled into a very mellow vanillary leather with gentle gusts of tobacco in the background. Wearing it is a very lovely experience but I wish it lasted longer.

I'm not great at picking out individual scents yet...but before I read the description my first reactions to Perversion were "What amazing and weird fruit is this?"

Now that I've read what's in this I am just amazed at Beth's skill. This smells exactly like it's ingedients....a little leather...a little smoke...a little wine...and the sweetness of tonka to round it out. It's wonderful. I never would have imagined those scents to combine to make something so unique and yummy. I'm very glad that a friend sent this to me.

at first: i'm definitely getting tonka as the base. white wine, rum, and tobacco are also pretty obvious.

on: lots of tobacco. i don't think i can smell anything else.

half an hour later: sweeter now. i can definitely smell the tonka along with the tobacco.

1 hour later: very faint. i am getting more of a white wine scent with the tonka and tobacco.

2.5 hours later: lighter. smoky, with the tonka adding some sweetness.

overall: i really wanted to love this, but i don't. i'll be sending this on to someone else.

Why is this kicking my ass so much?!?! What a surprise!!

I got a freebie of this (thank you lab!!) and had never given it even a moment's thought as a possibility for something I would like. A long time ago I listed my least favorite scents and included: tobacco, booze, and leather, among them.

Boy, was I wrong. Always test your imps!! :P

This absolutely explodes on me, into the most warm, comforting, all-enveloping goodness I can imagine. I am really, really into smoky scents this week, but I never knew that tobacco could be such a wonderful smell. Rich, deep, gritty, earthily floral. It's my dad's pipe tobacco. And while I don't like it while he's smoking it, I love the way that the sweet smoky smell gets into wood and lingers. It smells very studious, warm, homey, and comforting to me.

Yeah, so it's called Perversion...and it makes me feel like I'm at my parents' house. That's not too f'ed up or anything!

I don't get the bad rum smell that makes my feel queasy in several other blends...just a sort of heady sweetness that is overpowered by that sensual comforting smoke. I have no idea what tonka smells like. I thought it was something I didn't like. But I like everything in this.

Maybe it's a "time of month" thing that is changing my scent personality this week but I am so into this I cannot get myself into a big bottle fast enough. Hilariously enough I don't drink and don't smoke, and I hate the smell of alcohol and (smoked) tobacco so much that I avoid them at all costs. Hopefully this won't make me smell like I have been bar-hopping. Because to me, this is the smell of a dark study full of heavy volumes of books on the wall, maybe a model skeleton and a brain in a jar, and a pipe-smoking old man is carefully looking through a leather-clad book at his desk. (the book, however, is a volume of vintage erotica, more likely than not...)

I'm just going to lie on the sofa and sniff my arm for awhile now.

p.s. no coconut smell for me at all. thank god!

Edited by sarada

Gorgeous, just perfect!

Leather, tobacco and rum make a quick entry over the subtle sweet undertones of tonka and chardonnay. Leather and tobacco over all.

No coconut, thank you very much. Maybe the tonka bean is the one to blame for those reviews as it can easy fool the nose. I am glad because the idea of coconut note in this scent would have ruined it for me. :P

Dry the chardonnay comes out a bit stronger, making this perfume better if it's possible.

Very sexy and smooth, I wish it would last longer... but this makes me need 10ml instead of 5! :D

At first I get the booze, which I love, but prefer rum over wine and this is a little winey. It immediately smokes up though. I almost feel like I'm getting a waft of spice. And it's smooth, like a flavored "creme" cigarette...yum. The funny thing is, as the day wore on, I kept doing the "damn it smells good around me" thing, but when I sniffed my wrists, It didn't smell wonderful. This scent "emenated" from me. A spicy sexiness actually, like i'd been up all night drinking, smoking and......very perverted. Yum.

In the imp: Sweet and smoky

Initial application: Eurgh. Suntan oil and cigarette smoke. I almost washed it off, but figured I should give it a fair chance.

After about 10 minutes: Smoky vanilla... the coconut smell is gone, thankfully. It's starting to smell kind of sweet and naughty, and maybe winning me over.

Drydown: Damn. The cigarette smoke is back. It's as though I had a really sexy scent on and then went to a bar. The smoke's too much for me... I think this will go for swaps.