Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

I get that coconut tinge at first. and then it's sort of rummy, dark, yumminess. The leather is really nice in this. Usually I have problems with the leather smell, but this is really good.

I don't really get any chardonnay, but I've only had it on for about a half-hour, so maybe later. If it changes, you'll be the first to know.

A friend was with me when I opened this imp and we both agreed that on first sniff it smells like a Pina Colada.

The hubby smells coconut. I smell the rum... I smell suntan lotion. It reminds me of a tropical vacation. I picture swimming up to the bar in the pool and ordering some rum punch and letting your skin get burnt in the sun.

On skin the tobacco and leather begin to make their appearance, deepening the complexity of this scent and adding some extra warmth and sexyness.

I definitely like this one, despite not being a fan of coconut, so if you think you might not like it because of all the coconut reviews, give it a try anyway -- you'll be surprised.

Perversion

I did not try this blend for a long long time as I was convinced after trying The Star that coconut and I did not get along.

I was completely, utterly, totally wrong.

This is for now my ultimate BPAL blend.

I do not get any rum or leather but the delights of the coconut and the tonka bean in particular make this wonderful. It's warm, sweet, a little bit smoky and it makes me feel absolutely delectable. I want to wear this every day but I would never get the chance to try anything else. I will soon be ordering a very big bottle.

Pure gorgeousness. Get some.

Another freebie from diabolique, and I am in LOVE! Hellcat was already a favorite, so another rum scent seemed like it might be good.

In the bottle: Pina colada with extra rum.

On me: Oh my god! The pina colada scent fades to a slighty coconut note, plus vanilla and rum. I don't quite smell leather, but I thought I smelled smoke - like a whiff of cigarettes or cloves.

Basically, it's me on a Saturday night -- drinking rum and coke at the club I frequent, getting whiffs of perfume and cigarettes, and drunken sweet hugs from my friends. Big bottle, definitely.

I feel totally left out on this one! Perversion for me was an odd combination of liquorice and cream - very peculiar and unsettling.

It reminded me of these odd liquorice and cream stripy lollipops which I used to enjoy as a child but now the thought is fairly unattractive.

It smelt the same in the vial as on, so I think it's my brain and nose superimposing 'liquorice' onto 'leather' rather than weird skin chemistry issues.

:D :D :D :P :D :evil:

um... this scent makes me want to be naked... and preferably not alone...

this is divine!!!!

sexy, spicy, buttery, ...

this is the smell of the New Orleans Hotel Room when Elliot and Lisa get kinky with the croisants in Exit to Eden...

I tried this this weekend (got in a swap....) and I could not stop sniffing me... I actually (after a few or 12 glasses of wine) found myself licking my wrists...

I turned the imp into a spray with my perfumers alcohol so that I can refresh more frequetly to savor the wonderfulness all over again...

This is my new favorite perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the perfect fall/winter scent for me. I rate it a 9.5 out of 10. Sniffing the imp I get a vague sweet spice. On my skin Perversion becomes a creamy, high quality warm vanilla tobacco plus wood that has been sitting in the sun. Did I mention creamy? Not smoke, mind you, but the wonderful smell from the tobacco in a smoke shop. The leather adds a grounding mellow hint, and is only noticeable to me if I purposely "look" for it. After it was on me for a good six hours did it start to sweeten up a bit and I got a sense of what I think is the chardonnay coming through. At no time did this smell boozey at all though.

The mental image I have is of a beloved leather and wood armchair, sitting in the winter sun that's coming through the window of a snug den or library. A dish of vanilla tobacco sits on a table nearby, with a glass filmed with the dregs of the drink from the night before.

Coconut and leather. The coconut is fresh, sparking and juicy (in the sense that it’s not dry). The leather is there, but the coconut is the one in charge here, modifying the leather rather than the other way around. This is like fresh coconut juice with a splash of leather. I know that there is leather, but it doesn’t seem like most leathers I’ve smelled and it isn’t a tangible leather smell (i.e. leather jacket, leather catsuit, etc.), because of the coconut. Over time, the coconut isn’t so sparkly, but it still is quite bright. This permeates the air around me, but it isn’t headache-inducing.

Ooh, Perversion is YUMMY, Coconut, Leather, Sweet, just yummy....

I feel naughty wearing this, I feel like I wanna jump someone bad wearing it. :P :D

I mean, this scent makes me feel like a -naughty- little girl, who's in a bondage ball for the very first time, and loves it.... *grins*

First off, I feel the need to mention that I'm not generally a fan of coconut, boozey, or leather

scents.

Despite that, I actually like Perversion, so as others have said, don't necessarily be put off by the

description or what people have mentioned as stand-out top notes.

The reason that it works on me is that, for a change of pace, my skin doesn't single out any one note too harshly (as it often does with leather and sweet stuff).

It is a complex scent, which i like, and while it does have hints of all of the scents mentioned above, as well as pipe tobacco, it all blends together quite seamlessly on me.

(though sniffing it straight out of the bottle I smell much more of the booze and coconut, which both blend and fade nearly immediately upon wearing).

It's not quite a "love" scent for me but I will use up the imp and see if it grows on me further.

Oh my God I LOVE Perversion. It is so creamy and lucious. It's like bottled sex. There is a goregous muskiness to this fragrance that is incredibly seductive. There is a fruity undertone too. But mainly it is creamy decadence. I just scream with delight thinking about it......... :P

Perversion is a delicious, wonderful blend. It's one of my "OMGBPALs", my jaw just dropped when I smelled it in the bottle. Also, it was a giftie and something that I never would have tried on my own, so I totally appreciate the opportunity to test this.

In the Bottle:

A splash of beautiful, juicy, effervescent chardonnay. God, that's pretty. I wonder if there was ever such a thing as a chardonnay single note (bouquet)... I would swim in it. There is something creamy and sweet in here, probably the tonka.

On:

This morphs into a lot of coconut pretty quickly. The chardonnay really doesn't last, it's a bit too light to compete with the other notes. The alcoholic scent really lasts, though - it simply morphs into rum. The blend has strong throw, and is dominated by coconut for a while. After it dries, however, the leather comes out to play. It's so lovely and warm - I never would have imagined enjoying the scent of leather, but it's beautiful. The creamy tonka and coconut blend... mmmmm.

Overall Impressions:

While I do wish that the chardonnay stuck around a bit longer, I truly do love this blend and will be buying a big bottle. It's orgasmic.

*scentgasm*

Forgoing my normal review format.

Perversion is really very much like Hellfire's saucier, more womanly sister...or fellow dominant. There are tobacco and leather notes that pop up in my skin but there's also some coconut that prevents the scent from being too "male" and softens it up. It's a scent to be worn when seducing (or being seduced!) and going out to club.

I'm so so so thankful for my bottle as this is most definitely my going out staple. If you like deep, heady and very very sexy scents with just a tinge of maleness do give Perversion a try.

I've worn Perversion several times, but I have yet to decide whether I like it or not. The leather, tobacco and coconut come out most stongly, though I can smell the tonka and a touch of something alcoholic. It's sweet, but with something that "isn't quite right" - which I suppose is nessesary in a blend called Perversion. I don't know if I would buy a bigger bottle, but I will certainly use up my imp trying to decide how I feel about it.

I'll update this review if I can ever make up my mind about this blend.

This is the first BPAL oil that turned creepy on me. It surely lives up to its name.

When I first put it on, it smelled of dirt and bubblegum, like gum thrown on the ground and stepped on. It was a forboding type of scent. Forbidden, the lost of innocence.

Then, it turned into a sweaty, masculine odor. Perhaps an older man with an animalistic scent, sweating after doing a vile misdeed. This is the part that creeped me out. The deep dark stink of corruption or deflowering. Yipes.

In this state it got strong, almost overpowering. When I couldn't take anymore, it jumped back into a perfume not unlike Snake Oil without the spices. Strong, sugary, vanilla yet masculine. It has lost all its bubblegum charms.

The problem is that what I liked about Snake Oil was the spices, so the last notes do nothing for me...and the 1st and 2nd wave of notes creep me out into someone's underage fantasy.

Yup, the oil lives up to its name. I need to trade this because it puts this whole defiling of young schoolgirls into my head and I don't want it to be there. Icky.

NOTE: The coconut is getting way too strong now. I really don't like coconut. This really isn't for me. Smelling like tanning butter and honey...now it is creeping me out but in a totally non-perv way! It smells like the beach! This is truly Perversion! :P

Edited by Madame Nyx

This is my first review, so be easy on me. :D

Perversion... Oh my goodness. Upon smelling it in the vial, my initial reaction was to drink it! In the bottle it definitely smelled like a yummy pina colada. I usually hate coconut, but this wasn't an overpowering, super sweet coconut--it smells like the real deal. I didn't get anything alcoholic, just a kind of tartness. Then I put it on my skin, and almost immediately it turned into this positively sexy blend of smoke, leather, and just a hint of coconut. The notes blend together incredibly well, but I think the leather takes center stage on me. I'm also smelling something slightly nutty and sweet, which I'm assuming is the tonka. I am so impressed with this blend; I think I might have found a new signature scent! :P

Leather and smokey scent totally dominated me today at first swipe.

In a nicer way as the day goes on the rum and pineapple starts to ooze out. By evening, it's a nice and sweet tropical scent- makeing me jelious and wishing to head out in search of pina coloda fix'ins.

The boi liked it. He commented half way through visits that, "Hey hun... you smell differnt all of a sudden.... Sweeter and stuff" He said he liked the leather and smoke at first, but the sweeter was a nice surprise. (yeah er he got me a little worked up just from chatting and nice scritchies on my neck.)

Claiming the name is QUITE fitting for me, and I DO believe the overall scent had some effects upon him, it was an overall hit.

However, it makes me want to go and purchase EVERY Lip-Service outfit I want from their website. Especially those for men. *drool* My mate in bondage pants... black vinal... ooo....

Oh gods this smells amazing. I dont see any mention of coconut in the description, nor do I really smell that on me. But it's rich, deep, creamy, sensual, smoky.

Definitely not for little girls, but evokes someone with a strong sense of themselves and their sexuality. I want to put this on the bf and get really close and personal.

This may possibly be my first big (10ml) bottle.

Edited to add: I may have to mark this as a non-office scent. Putting it on from the imp (not slathering) in my office I was a bit overwhelmed and dizzy from the richness of the scent.

Bella

Edited by BellaCrow

Oh *drool* I think I've found a new member of my top ten. Perhaps my top five...

I loved the description, but was a bit put off when I sniffed it in the bottle. Smells like a pina colada, and I was very worried it would turn in to coppertone suntan oil on me.

Never fear! After a few minutes, and for many, many hours afterwards, there is no coconut in sight.

Perversion to me smells like putting on your favorite, perfectly worn-in leather jacket, that's been sitting in the backseat of your car in the sun, on a chilly day where you'll apreciate the sun-warmed leather even more.

It feels like I've wrapped myself in lovely sweet leather goodness, and I absolutely adore it.

First Sniff: Leather and a vague vanilla-scent. Now i can kind of get an idea of the difference between Tonka bean and vanilla.. not as sugary. quite nice.

On: The same scents are still there, but a little stronger than I thought.. This is not a bad thing at all.. verra nice! I can smell the connection to Tintagel, which I thought was bubble-gummy.. there's a hint of that here, but only if i'm really concentrating on it.

A couple minutes later: ooh, I can kinda smell the tobacco a bit now.. I'm not a fan of cigarettes, cigars, and the like, but I've been really digging these tobacco scents beth comes up with!

A while later: not much change from the last, really. A very wicked moderatly deep scent. Really nice for wintertime, this one is!

Verdict: Yum!

Sniffing the imp of this I smell vanilla. But it isn't vanilla, it is nuttier and less sweet?

On though, the leather and tobacco jump out at me. I like this one, it is sweet, creamy, but also very grown-up. It creates a wonderful feel and smell, of sweet naivety that has been tempered by the wisdom of age.

This one was one of my first, don't judge a blend by the imp. I almost did not try it, as I was not having any luck with the sweet scents I had tried. Vanilla may not agree with me, but Tonka does.

I've had Perversion for two months, but haven't really worn it until recently. How on earth did that happen?

There's no way that I can top the other reviews, because they describe this delicious scent perfectly. However, I'll go ahead and add my two cents.

In the vial:

There's a definite creamy sweetness but it's intertwined with a heady, boozy scent. Already I can tell that this is going to be a complex, interesting blend.

Wet:

The booziness diminishes a bit, and coconut bounces to the forefront. Not synthetic coconut, which is really the only coconut smell I'm used to in lotions and perfumes, but a freshly-cracked one that's been lying in the hot sand beneath a palm tree. Real coconuts aren't very sweet in actuality, and if the tonka bean weren't there to help round it out, this oil wouldn't be either.

Dry:

Still coconutty, but so well blended with the tonka and dark rum that I don't notice any one note predominantly over the others. As others have said, there is a tobacco scent coming into play too, but it's very mild and only seems to serve as a background note. I agree with those who have compared it to vanilla flavored tobacco: it's a dark sweetness, something that smells and tastes exquiste, but you know that it's ultimately bad for you.

Final:

Innocence defiled indeed. The deliciously sweet, dangerously alluring scent of this mingles so well with the deeper, muskier notes that it's easy to see how Beth came up with the name for this scent. Perhaps my nose is just playing tricks on me, but this oil seems to keep morphing from an innocently sweet creaminess to a deeply dark liquer and then back again. I really don't smell leather, but it's easy enough to imagine that I do.

My only complaint (and complaint is actually too harsh a word) is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like. Nevertheless, this one is going on my big bottle list, because I've already used up the imp and I want MORE.

More leather! You can never have too much leather!

In the Bottle: Tonka and Chardennay with a slight undertone of tobacco. Where's my leather??

On Me: Ah HAH! There it is! Dare I say that this is my favorite leather scent?? Delicious chardennay and tonka bean are in the front, with the tabacco and leather in the background.

This is a woman dressed in a leather ball gown louging on a wicker throne, her boot thrown over the arm of the chair. All around her are sweaty bodies, moaning and writing about one another on the floor. A sea of sex and carnal pleasures, and all the while all she does is sit and smoke while drinking from her crystal glass. Lust is in her eyes, her leather gloves every now and then dips down and pets the head of a man chained to the bottom of the chair, but her face shows nothing except mild amusement.

No one touches her, but all of their eyes are on her. Their only pleasure is to perform for her pleasure, their greatest treat is to sit at her feet as she watches the others or to serve her wine or light her candles. And all she does is watch them, her eyes burning and her nostrils filled with the scent of them, with their sweat and their excitement. What better rush, what better ecstacy, what better guilty pleasure?

*sigh* I haven't done that in a while! I love it when a scent gives me such a powerful image. Must bathe in this. I need to get more sexy fragrances.

mmm..yummy.

bottle: strong, sort of leather like

wet: smoky leather and deep vanilla rum swirled with expensive tobacco.

dry: the smokiness is still there, the vanilla more prominent and the tobacco and rum in the background. I smell the leather like Im wearing an old broken in jacket.

Its a really yummy, comforting scent

first on? YUCK oooh get it off of me, cloying decaying sweetness. 30 minutes later? I love it and could eat my arm! Tonka bean soft warmth with a bit of leather and tobacco rounding it out.