Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
minilux

Perversion

The perfect scent to wear to your next bondage ball, dungeon adventure or sojourn to your favorite pleasure dome. Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

In the Bottle
I read the description and this doesn't really sound like something I'd like but I'll give it a try. In the bottle this is a mellow well blended scent. I can pick out the rum, tobacco with a touch of sweetness. Smells great & I can't wait to try it out!

On My Skin
When I put it on it turns into this incredibly sweet, delicious smell. The tonka and chardonnay are coming out and mixing wonderfully with the tobacco and leather. It's got a smokey-vanilla vibe with the leather in the background giving it depth. So far this is wonderful!

After a Bit
WooHoo! This scent didn't change too much from when I first applied it. The vanilla faded a tad, but still smells incredible. I really like it.

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)
Overall - 4.5
Throw - 3
Longevity - It was still going strong 3 hours later when I jumped in the shower.

Final Thoughts
I really enjoy this scent, it might have just broken into my top 10! I think I'm going to do a full wear to make sure this wasn't just a fluke, but assuming it stays the same I'm definitely getting a bottle of this. I'm glad I took a chance on it! Edited by Saya

The description of this one caught me right away.

This was in the first set of imps I ordered, months ago, and I got frimped with a second bottle in the same order. My first thought was "hmm, hope I like it..."

And it must have been fate, for this is my all time favorite, sexiest, best scent ever. I could bathe in it.

It's definitely a dirty scent... it's like a wet, sexy woman in a catsuit holding a whip in one hand and a clove cigarette in the other but while wearing some deceivingly innocent beautiful honey-vanilla perfume.

when i first put this on not knowing what was in it my first impression was of coconut and something dark once it settled i realised it smells just like drinking malibu and coke in a smokey pub. As I love malibu and coke this scent is an absolute must for me in fact I think it's my favourite bpal so far! :P Thank you so much for the freebie imp of this it's definitely on my big bottle list!

In the Imp: Boozy, Leathery, and sweet. Very nice!

On the Skin: Tobacco and sweet leather - the boozy note fades, and I'm sure the tonka is the sweetness I'm sensing.

After a While: Smoky dark and dirty, but a bit sweet too.

Verdict: Absolutely awesome. :P

Oh. god. Smoky, dark tobacco is really amping on my skin and I love it! :P There's a lot of vanilla-ish fragrance, but not the sickly sweet vanilla I dislike in commercial perfumes. This smells like having a very good time cuddled up to a bad, bad man :D It's strong and I think it will last for some time which is great because I've been looking for a more dominant Severin type scent and although this is missing the tea, it is still dark, creamy and sexy. This immediately went into my box-o-favorites along with Severin and Calico Jack (what can I say? I have a weakness for tall, dark and naughty)

A frimp from the lab! Thank you, thank you!!!

On me this is pure, sweet, cherry blend pipe tobacco. As if I have my face right inside a pouch full of new, moist cherry blend ...

Not a morpher. Warm, homey, brings back peaceful memories of a lovely man long gone.

Mmmmmmm ...

Wonderfully evocative.

Edited by celtimor

It really does smell of leather, with layers of something else that I can't really pick up. Very faint vanilla, perhaps, which must be tonka. And though it doesn't smell bad on me, it's a man's scent in my nose. I can imagine that it could smell very exiting on the right man...

Imp: Rum and coconut on first hit and something else

I can’t quite put my nose on

Wet On Me: run and coconut tanning oil. Smells like

the beach

Drying Down: more of the tonka and tobacco now with

the wine waaaay in the background to me. Not getting the leather yet.

Dry: Sweet rum over the tonka splashed with a dash of tobacco.

The leather never came out to play for me Probably not a keeper

in the imp:

Booze and coconut and leather.

on my skin:

This smells like a foody scent that's into S&M. It's got a bit of Grog to it, a bit of Gluttony, but it smokes expensive tobacco and wears a lot of leather. I reeeeally like this.

as it dries:

sweet, boozy, edgy. I like it a lot. I want a bottle really badly.

my rating: 4.5/5

This is num yummy. I get the softness of tonka, plus a little leather. I can detect the crystalline chardonnay a little underneath it, which is rather exciting and sweetens it just a tad. It's like this sort of tinge of crisp brightness underneath something softer, warmer and yet darker. Odd description, but I like what this is doing. It's been on my skin for some time now and hasn't changed. Possible big bottle purchase.

Mmmm. This is utterly perfect. I very rarely buy bottles because imps are usually plenty for me and I'm sort of poor anyway, but THIS one ended up a bottle.

In the imp: A bit smoky with a deep, dark sweetness I can't identify.

Fresh on: This is so well-blended that to me the only thing it smells like overall is itself, but if I try very hard I can specifically pick the tobacco and tonka out from among everything else, and maybe some coconut rum although it doesn't smell particularly boozy. It's very sweet and dark and smoky.

After a little bit, the smoky tobacco notes calm down just enough that I can also pick out leather pretty clearly, and the vaguest hint of something fruity which must be the chardonnay lurking in the background. I still can't exactly place the overall impression it gives, though!

[One time when I wore this, a close male friend (if you get my drift :P ) said I did indeed smell like a seedy seaside bar, but he obviously meant it in a good way because he told me twice over the rest of the day that I smelled really good. :D ]

Drydown: Not dramatically different from wet, just a bit sweeter and less smoky (I suspect it's the tonka coming out more).

Still able to smell it 8-10 hours after application. Excellent staying power! :D

The sleeves of a sweater I wore with it once smelled a little like some kind of dark fruit in a powdery sort of way three or four days later, and I didn't want to wash it because it was such a pretty scent!

Overall: This makes me melt! I've never smelled anything like this, and it's beautiful. It currently inhabits the #2 spot on my top ten favorites.

Edited by Mir

On first whiff, the only word coming to mind was 'boring.' As it dried, though, it got a lot more interesting with a hint of rum and leather, a really nice tobacco and something that my nose is determined to call vanilla. It's a nice, subtle scent and I really like it.

This one went all candy cough-syrup with a bitter edge (leather? wood?) on me. Nope. Not for me. :P

In the imp, light leather, and a hint of smoke. This is good, because De Sade started off as smoke and leather, but so very much stronger, leaving me unable to wear it.

Wet, smoke...but yummy smoke. Not stale cigarette smoke, just fragrant smoke. Mmmmmm

Dry, this is gorgeous. very gender neutral, but that's more than okay...I think the tonka is adding enough sweetness to make this more than wearable for me. I need more, I tells you...more!!!

:P

You know, even though this has been in my top 3 for at least 4 years, I don't think I ever bothered reviewing it! *smacks self*

This scent is perfect. Absolutely wonderful. Leather loves my skin, and this is a sharp, glossy black leather, not a weathered suede like in Quincey Morris. The tobacco is the next to poke out, and the chardonnay notes peek out to give it a little feminine touch. I know that there is the Great Coconut Debate, but I can definitely smell it.

It lasts really well, and just smells GOOD, without smelling generic. It's distinctive smelling, without smelling like perfume.

Drydown: beautiful leather and tobacco. teh yum.

:D

I tried this in both my locket and on my skin and I'm going to review both since they end up so different.

On my skin it starts out as a very smokey, sweet leather with a somewhat perfumey scent due to the wine. As it dries the wine calms down and I'm left with a beautiful vanilla leather scent with just a hint of tobacco. Sadly, no rum or coconut for me, but I'm still very happy with it. :D

In my locket it's just straight up dirty. :P It's all wine and leather and smoke. This is definitely a high class pleasure room during the seduction time, not the stale "ewww what is that stain?" post-fun time.

Edited by Femme_Fatale

This is pretty harsh, at least at first. I think strong booze notes don't quite know what to do on my skin. I had a similar problem with Juke Joint-- these scents are really medicinal, powdery, and weird for awhile. Juke Joint, however, did mellow and become very pleasant after a time, so I have hopes for Perversion, which is also very slowly changing. It becomes softer and woodsier and loses 90% of that nasty clinical sharpness after about a half hour.

I sense the potential in this. The leather note is fairly pronounced, but it's a cracked, worn-in armchair sort of leather, saturated with years of exotically fragrant smoke. Not exactly a sleek, black, sexy leather. More masculine than feminine, but not glaringly so.

... why are we all assuming there's coconut in here? o_O Did I miss something? There's a little sweetness, but it seems more like a dark vanilla to me.

Decent oil, but I'm not sure it's for me. More of a novelty. We'll see.

I'm going to be adding another positive review to the pile :D

Sweet, smoky well-worn leather and tobacco. :D Beautiful.

Actually I find this kind of comforting because of memory associations of my dad. :D He used to smoke a lot with a tobacco pipe (even though it's healthy that he stopped, I still kind of miss it >_>) and when I was teeny tiny kindergarden little, I used to sneak out of my room after my mom tucked me in and would go to his study to sit with him while he read/worked/whatever until my mom found me. :( Thus Perversion gives me the ultimate comforting mental imagery of my dad's study; Tobacco smoke and the leather armchair! And I *think* I can detect the chardonnay... A lighter note, still sweet but also sort of clear or "sparkle-y," it fades away after a bit... and I love the tonka underneath it all. Smooth and almost reminiscent of vanilla, not quite "edible" (I'm still learning about the notes... :P ).

I can definitely see others getting a "dirty" impression from it, but for me it's more sinful in it's comfortable self-indulgence (dammit now I want to be a dude with his own expensively furnished tobacco-smoke-infused study...).

Bottom line is, I'd get a bottle :D

I have a new love, and her name is Perversion. This is a wonderful leather and tobacco scent on me, and the tonka lends a vanillic richness to this scent. The chardonnay notes are very very faint on me, and you can only identify them if you really dissect the blend. The rum is a fantastic note here, lending a hazy booze note. Wonderful and dirty. I want to roll around in it.

Imp: yum; imagine a smoke shop; sweet tobacco (I think bc of the tonka) and a splash of spicy rum; so sexy!

Wet: so sweet; is that the chardonnay? but dark and smoky tobacco; delicious; i want to smoke myself! imagine a classy martini bar...

Dry: this is a definite winner; I'm torn between this and Antikythera Mechanism...if you love the former, you will love the latter as well :P

Edited by Andrea912

Wow, this is sooo good. I get a feminine fruity spice, maybe the chardonnay (?), some tobacco, and a touch of leather. I don't get any rum, but it is one of my fave notes, so maybe it's blended in there somewhere. This is the kind of tobacco note that I love, kind of like pipe tobacco, not the flower. This is a really awesome scent, and this was a sniffie, so I'm crying that I hadn't tried this before making an infrequent lab order a few days ago. :D The good news is, I've found another love!! :P

Woah, this is STRONG! A tiny tiny dab expressed itself very fully with aggressive throw. A sweet slightly grapey note (chardonnay) blended with a bit of tobacco, over a hint of coconut and a vanilla-esque base at first, occasional peeks of sharp leather coming through to temper the sweetness a little bit. I wish the leather was more aggressive, actually: it's the only pervy aspect that really comes through; I don't really get "booze" out of this. It has a powerful presence and is sweet for at least an hour and a half, and I just can't reconcile perverse or sexy with sugary sweet. As time passes it becomes more of a sweetened leather-tonka scent with a touch of tobacco, which is more to my taste, but still too sweet!

I'm impressed by its throw and lasting power, and if Perversion's wine and tonka was just toned down a few notches I would love it. I'll keep the imp around and see how it layers with slightly more masculine blends to femme them up a little. I bet it would be great layered over Tezcatlipoca, actually... mmm, I'm practically salivating at the thought.

ETA: Nooope, there's no hope for me! Too sickly sweet, and the wine note is just really disagreeing with me, even when I layered it.

Edited by tajana

In the bottle: Spicy rum with a background of leather and just the barest hint of tobacco.

On, wet: Masculine and spicy, though kind of overpowering. It made me sneeze a bit when I first put it on.

On, dry: Almost entirely new-car leather. I smell like a Wilson's. This would be lovely layered with something else, but the pure leather is just a bit too much for me to wear alone.

This was a frimp. It smells like leather and tobacco with a hint of chardonnay and tonka. It's deep and heady but sweetens a bit as it dries. I prefer sweet foody scents so this one wasn't a keeper for me.

This is one sexy scent!!!

I yelled out to hubby "oh this is definately perversion!" I could smell all of the notes, they at first put off a subtle licorice smell..

But dried down to rum, tobacco and leather in the background. I couldnt stop sniffing!

Great throw and lasting power to this as well. 8 hours later I can still smell without bringing it to my nose.

I LOVE this!