Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Bon Vivant

An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

Lesse les bon temps rolle.
Bon Vivant is very fun. Fruity, strawberry, and actually a tickly note (champagne, duh)
I like this one, doesn't stay too long though...

Mmmm, yummy!

Bon Vivant is a very simple scent, that stays true from imp to drydown.

It's a crystalline, airy note and the scent of freshly picked, beautifully ripe strawberries. It'll make you want to eat your wrist! wub2.gif

Really nice in the imp--strawberries and champagne!

Wet, it's just as lovely, not to mention true to the description. Unfortunately, after about 15 minutes it turns to Play-Doh. :( This would be nice as a room fragrance, though. I'm really sad I can't wear this.

This is a beautiful, beautiful scent. I was afraid of strawberries - like the strawberry in Kitty that turns way too sweet.

When I put this on I was transported to a world where fresh strawberries CAN be made into perfume and don't go sweet or plastic on my skin. These are the FRESH JUICY sun warmed strawberries that have any possible too-sweet note cut by a delicious sip of fizzy champagne. And boy is it fizzy, in a good way. It's bubbly the way bubbly should be, without any sour or off notes.

The whole experience of wearing and smelling it can only be described as HAPPY. This scent screams happy and carefree, with a good dose of leisurely do-whatever-I-want-cause-I-can.

It is a perfect spring and summer scent, and I am so happy a bottle is coming my way soon :)

ETA: This is a scent that just goes on and on.. It's happy, it's fizzy, it's not to sweet and I wubs it so :wub2:

Edited by Farenath

I didn't really get a lot of the champagne or the strawberries but it was a pretty scent anyway.

Didn't stick around long on me though. :(

In the imp: Carbonated fizziness!

On me: Carbonated citrus fizziness, sweet and very delicious! I would like to drink myself :D I don't get any kind of strawberries, though.. But I like citrus too!

An hour later: A bit less fizzy, but still very sweet and citrus, I love this! I also pick up something that my head and nose would say is stearine. Interesting!

Overall I really like this scent. It's sweet but not heady or overwhelming, and I don't get a migraine or even the slightest touch of headache! Bon Vivant is bubbly and fresh, I would say that this will be perfect for spring! I think I might have to order a big bottle of this yummy scent!

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this one, but it's damn good in the vial. It truly is like strawberry champagne, or a fruity wine cooler. You can even smell the bubbles. Wet, it goes even more champagne-y. After a few minutes, I can't even tell that this has strawberry in it anymore. Sadly, this is starting to smell like a chemical, almost like rubber cement. I have a feeling that it is the champagne note that's doing that on my skin. Oh well, there's always my scent locket.

Very light scent, it's clean and sweet. I really love the way this smells, the champagne notes are amazing! <3 I'm getting a bottle of this soon

5/5

Wow, truth in description. I put it on and was immediately hit with champagne. This nails that scent perfectly. The champagne scent wafts around. It's so distinctly champagne that I feel strange wearing it this early in the morning. When I smell my wrists directly, its unmistakably strawberries.

It's definitely not for me. (I'm no fan of champagne, and wearing strawberry scents make me feel about 14 yrs old again.) Even though its not my taste, this would be a good scent to recommend, because I think a lot of people would like this sort of thing. It's just too girly, too young, and too alcoholic for me. I'm washing it off... but I'll gift my imp to someone who I think will love it.

Edited by mazikeen

Wow, this is definitely effervescent like champagne! I don't get much strawberry at all though, and I feel like I kinda have to strain to detect any. I'm a little bummed out because I had high hopes for this one... It's still kind of fun, but it's definitely more of a novelty. Bon Vivant is not a strong perfume on me and fades fast, but it does stay true and doesn't seem to morph at all. Well, at least it didn't go play dough-y on me.

Another here not really getting strawberry from this. I seem to have terrible luck with strawberry notes, they're either too candy-artificial or just not there. But I do get the carbonated fizziness of the champagne notes. It actually smells more like an aquatic ginger ale than champagne to me. It's really quite remarkable how Beth nails that bubbliness.

In imp: Sweet, light musk.

On skin: Smells good but not remarkable. I'm getting some strawberry now, and a bit of booze. Reminds me of Fairy Wine. I like it, but I think I prefer Fairy Wine.

Bon Vivant....not what I was expecting but in a good way. Pre-concieved notions...hoping for sweet strawberries and dry bubbles, half expecting plastic fantastic fruit and booze (a pox on you body chemistry). So what did I get? Fruity ginger ale! And it's awesome! Fun and light and bubbly. A great Summertime going-to-a-grownup-BBQ scent. It is amazing how effervescent it smells, I almost feel tiny bubbles breaking under my nose.

This was received as a frimp:

Bon Vivant in the imp smells just like the description: champaign and strawberries.

Wet on my skin: Ginger ale ~exactly like

Dry down: A soft strawberry soda

I like this. It smells very pleasant but is not what I would prefer to smell like. :) I will keep this imp around for when I want a bright pick me up scent, but I don't forsee it making it on my bottle wish list.

In bottle: The strong carbonated champagne note common in BPAL champagne blends with a hint of strawberry accord. Wet: The strawberry accord and the fizz from the champagne blend in really interesting ways. The effects are subtle and unusual. Historically, I do badly with the champagne note and I break down the strawberry accord in some funny ways. This is the closest I’ve ever come to making the champagne note work and it’s because of me miss parsing strawberry in chaotic and interesting ways. Go figure. Dry: The champagne note with most of the fizz gone out.

I purchased my imp from the lovely sunlitgarden, so I'm not exactly how sure how old it is, but I'm assuming fairly fresh from the looks of the bottle and the label.

In the bottle, it was lovely, fruity, and warm. It smelled a lot like Jester to me and I was so freaking excited. Then I and my friend each swabbed our wrists.

On her, it opened into something beautiful. She says "sandalwood, vanilla, and musk" but it's much more robust than I would expect from that combination. Like an amber color rather than a pale yellow-white. There's definitely fruit there in the background but it's not necessarily recognizably strawberry.

On me ... Well, a previous reviewer said it best:

This smelled very plastic-y on me, like Strawberry Shortcake dolls, fresh out of a warehouse or something. It burned the back of my throat a little bit, like when you have strawberry gum with real sugar in it instead of fake sweetener (Bubblicious vs. Trident).

So, so, so disappointed. What's worse is that it's starting to go old-lady-powdery on me as I type, as so many BPAL blends tend to do. Some day I will have to figure out what it is with my skin chemistry that has cursed me to this fate. Until then, I'm going to keep this imp to try later in the month (since I don't really know where I am in my cycle just now and the other scent I tried today, Tweedledum, went oddly sour on me). If it doesn't work out, I'll be passing it along as (hopefully) a gateway scent to my friend.

The first hour isn't champagne but ginger ale! That's not a bad thing, necessarily, it's still nice and bubbly, pretty yummy.

Unfortunately, it changes after that. Now I have a little flat ginger ale underneath, yes, a Strawberry Shortcake doll, a plasticky attempt at a strawberry scent. Boooooo.

In the bottle: 7-UP? Really?

Wet: Still 7-UP which must be the champagne and strawberries combining? Strange

Dry: Okay, now I can smell the Champagne with a slightly fruity/sweet note beneath. The scent is effervescent, clean, and astringent. Unfortunately, it doesn’t last long on my skin.

Thoughts: At first I hated this scent but for some weird reason I kept coming back to it. The third time I circled back to Bon Vivant I wore it in a scent locket and I got whiffs of it all day. I finally realized, this scent calms me down! I kept coming back to it on days of high stress. Bon Vivant has really grown on me. I absolutely love it which is weird because I’m usually into dark, thick, oily, resinous scents. I rate this 5 out of 5 not only because of its pleasant scent but because of its benefits to my mental health. Bon Vivant indeed. I need a bottle of this…for medicinal purposes of course.

This was a frimp recently arrived. In the imp I got a strong blast of lemon, almost Lemon Pledge territory, which has never done well on my skin. However, except with a few notes that I know for a fact to be headache inducing on me, I'll give anything a skin test.

Wet at first it's loud, loud lemon overpowering everything else. When it starts to settle down it's a light ginger ale, similar to Gnome. The lemon morphs to Pez.

When it's dry, it's cheap ginger ale and Pez. I would've loved to smell like this when I was around 9-12, not so much now. Sadly, Bon Vivant is not for me.

In the imp: Effervescent bubbles tingle my nose! Is that Canada Dry in there?

Wet on skin: Smells like Ginger Ale.

Dry on skin: The ginger note has abated somewhat, but is still present. A citric note is coming forward.

I think this is a a gingery, sparkly, slightly citric perfume. It's interesting. When I'm in the right mood, I'd put it on, but it doesn't last on me. I really wish I could smell the strawberries in this as it would probably round out the scent a little more, so it wasn't so acidic. Oh well, I'll keep my imp, but I don't think I'll be getting a full bottle.

This was a frimp from the Lab.

In the imp and wet, I smell effervescent champagne. I keep expecting the bubbles to tickle my nose!

It takes a few hours for the strawberry to emerge. When it does, it sweetens the champagne.

Bon Vivant is light on me and requires reapplication about every five hours. It's a happy scent, perfect for warm weather and celebratory occasions.

Imp: The fizzy champagne hits first, followed by a bit of strawberry. Smells like actual strawberries, and not the candy version. It's only a little bit of strawberry. Most of it is very boozy booze.

Wet: Slightly champagne infused strawberry, rather the other way around now. Not one to be into booze, but the strawberry being the majority on this scent is yummy. Fizzy.

The other half has decided it smells like bubble bath.

After a while more, it's turning back towards the champagne. Silly white grapes. Smells like white wine, brightened slightly by the strawberry. :(

Dry: Strawberry is turning a bit more candy and fake now. The champagne is still realllyyy boozy, and in my face.

Loved the real strawberry at the start, but int he end, turned too fake and winey for my liking, :(

Wet: Super fizzy champagne. Ginger Ale-like.

Drydown/Dry: Slightly sweet, vivacious, and bubbly. It’s pretty much straight champagne on my skin, but every once in a while I catch a hint of strawberry from the throw. But mainly, it's fizzy, bubbly, effervescent champagne!

7 out of 10 bones

This is quite a lovely and nice scent! At first sniff and initially after the application, the first thing to hit my nose is champagne! Super ultra fizzy, bubbly, effervescent, gurgling-over-the-top-of-the-glass sweet champagne. I can smell a slight "alcoholic" tone to it, but it isn't overly boozy. Smells a little like strawberry cream soda but a lot less sweet than soda. I can smell the gentle baby pink strawberries in the "glass" too. The scent sticks around for a long time, even after a shower. I'm surprised by how long the champagne note stays... but once it settles down and mellows after a while a beautiful complex creaminess emerges from the strawberries... almost like a strawberry "dust" or sprinkle. Definitely a blend I would wear if I wanted to be a sparkling fairy :) . I also find that the base notes are a dead-ringer for a LUSH blend... but for the life of me I can't think of which one. I think it's one of their bath bombs, and probably pink or white in color though. I almost detect a creamy citrus undertone as well.