Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
any_old_actress

Autumn Scents - recommend the ones you love

If you really want to smell like Fall then I will second, third, (Fourth) Samhain.

Years ago I woke up and wanted to find the perfect fall scent. I didn't know places like BPAL existed. I started researching and found lots of recommendations for Samhain from BPAL. I grabbed a bottle off Ebay and have been an addict ever since.

Trust me. It's THE fall scent. :wub3:

I freakin love FAll so much.

....has no one mentioned Boo? Really?! O_o
"Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream."
I have the 2009 version, and I get this sugary, foody, cake-y, almost maple-y smell from it. One of my faves!

I agree with everyone in suggesting the beloved Samhain.

I recommend you trying to get your hands on a bottle of All Souls. It is a little bit spicy but it also has a light, fluffy cake smell to it and it almost reminds me of a less vanilla version of Eat Me and it's quite beautiful in the Autumn season.

Edited by Haltija

Great idea sprout. I'm dying to start wearing my fall scents, but it's been too hot here still.

I recently picked up All Souls from 2014, and I can't wait to wear it for fall.

Some other faves are Frumious Bandersnatch, Harvest Moons '05 and '06, The Red Queen, and what I am sure will be a new fall fave Café Mille et Une Nuit which I got in a swap not long ago. It screams fall to me, and I've been waiting impatiently to wear it.

I'm already wearing my various Harvest Moons, Samhains, and Octobers. And Pile of Fallen Leaves SN, La Calvera Catrina, Falling Leaf Moon, etc., etc. It's finally cool here after a vicious summer, the leaves are just beginning to turn and the air already has THAT scent and feel. I love autumn!

I'm already wearing my various Harvest Moons, Samhains, and Octobers. And Pile of Fallen Leaves SN, La Calvera Catrina, Falling Leaf Moon, etc., etc. It's finally cool here after a vicious summer, the leaves are just beginning to turn and the air already has THAT scent and feel. I love autumn!

I'm totally jealous!! My air conditioning has had to be cranked the past few days, it is so hot and humid here.

I just received Beaver Moon 2012 as a forum purchase, and I'm hoping it will be good for fall but I haven't tested it yet. The original was all graham cracker, all the time on me, so I am hoping the apple in this will save the day and make it into a fall scent!

I also forgot to add Cicuta to my previous list - it's my new "dark fall rose" scent. :biggrin:

I'm totally jealous!! My air conditioning has had to be cranked the past few days, it is so hot and humid here.

I just received Beaver Moon 2012 as a forum purchase, and I'm hoping it will be good for fall but I haven't tested it yet. The original was all graham cracker, all the time on me, so I am hoping the apple in this will save the day and make it into a fall scent!

I also forgot to add Cicuta to my previous list - it's my new "dark fall rose" scent. :biggrin:

Cicuta is so beautiful, isn't it? It was one of the very first bottles I ever purchased and I still adore it. I also prefer it during the colder months.

The only Harvest Moon I have tried is the 2013 version, which is so wonderful. Red roses and swirling autumn leaves :)

Magnificent Autumn is also great!

Cicuta is so beautiful, isn't it? It was one of the very first bottles I ever purchased and I still adore it. I also prefer it during the colder months.

I have been saving it ( I only have a partial right now) for fall!! It's gorgeous. I will be getting more, for sure!

The only Harvest Moon I have tried is the 2013 version, which is so wonderful. Red roses and swirling autumn leaves :)

Magnificent Autumn is also great!

I am going to have to find a bottle of this. I've been eyeing it since I came back to the forum. I can't believe I missed it! Harvest Moon is my fave lunacy, and this little voice in my head tells me I should hunt down every year... I'm trying really hard to stomp on that voice....

I really like sandalwood, spices, amber, and chocolate for the Fall. Wearing Velvet today for the first time in months (ran out of my imp last Winter and finally got a bottle) and it's as wonderful as I remember. Looking forward to wearing more of The Little Wooden Doll, Morocco, El Dia de los Reyes (and my other 7 chocolate scents :blush2: ) Scherezade, Snake Oil, etc. Pile of Fallen Leaves SN (of course) when it gets a little colder. I love book scents for the Fall too - I'm a librarian at a university so they're perfect work-appropriate scents - I just got bottles of The Book and Quintessence of Dust and I'm really enjoying both them. I'm hoping the Lurid Library comes back this year - if not I might try to find one on the forum.

I wanted to like Samhain so bad but it smelled awful on me.

I broke out my Samhain imp over the weekend and it was the loveliest. The sad thing is that it's a fader on my skin. I think I'll try Samhainophobia next week. It has a lot more oomph, so I feel like I need to wait for the temps to drop out of the 80's before wearing it.

I used to hate hate hate all the dead leaf scents, but thanks to Beth's magical powers I am now a huge fan. Deaths Second Self though admittedly a Yule is my favorite in my personal leaf pile 😆

Halloween 1914 is pretty autumnal. For me personally though Vampire Queen reminds me of fall, it's my one no hesitation Weenie and I have a bunch of back ups of various years

I used to hate hate hate all the dead leaf scents, but thanks to Beth's magical powers I am now a huge fan. Deaths Second Self though admittedly a Yule is my favorite in my personal leaf pile

Halloween 1914 is pretty autumnal. For me personally though Vampire Queen reminds me of fall, it's my one no hesitation Weenie and I have a bunch of back ups of various years

I love Death's Second Self. I'm hoarding the imp of it that I have. It definitely screams fall to me as well.

Magnificent Autumn, Samhain, Tattie Bogle, Fearful Pleasure, Boo, Cristina, Ivanushka, Mabon (the 1st one), Falling Leaf Moon, Sonnet d'Automne, Samhainophobia (2013), and Countess Dolingen of Gratz..

I am wearing Autumn at the moment and it is beautiful. I also love Magnificent Autumn, October, Pile of Fallen Leaves, Lambswool and, of course, Samhain, but then I have never met a Weenie that I don't adore

I wore Dia de Los Muertos today, perfect for late summer/ early fall. Also, Alice's Evidence is a perfect GC fall scent to me.

I'm looking for some scents in the general collection, to be specific, that remind anyone of autumn! I'm adding some seasonal imps to my cart along with the scents from the Halloween update I plan to get, so anything that I would have to get on the forum - something discontinued, something limited edition - isn't going to be helpful.

I currently have imps of Light of Men's Lives (although I have wanted that for a while), Thanatopsis, Jack and La Bella Donna Della Mente in there but i'm curious to know what else anyone suggests.

If you can do apple... Verdandi is wonderfully autumnal to me :heart:

The Lion is another I'll be wearing a lot over autumn; a lightly spiced, warm amber.

I also find Scherezade very autumnal but that's probably dependent on how red musk plays with your skin.

Edited by Scarlet Woodland

My fave GC Autumn scents: (well, they all feel autumnal to be at least!

Dana O'Shee
Alice's Evidence
Queen Alice
The Red Queen
Sin
Cicuta
Eau De Ghoul
Miss Forcible

Goblin Cider

La Bella Donna Mia Mente

13 Hours

Alice's Evidence

Jersey Devil

Voodoo

Nosferatu

Dracul

Hellcat

The Witch Queen

Goblin Cider

Brisingamen

Bewitched

Hoggle

The Forest Reverie

Santa Muerte

Jack

Verdandi

Les Bijoux

Coral Snake

Pure Applesauce

Ladon

Poisoned Apple

Agnes Nutter

Scarecrow

Blithe Hollow

Troll

The Old Goblin

The Black Tower

Old Demons of the First Class

Blood Kiss

Edited by sprout

I love wearing Troll, Voodoo, Penny Dreadful, Djinn, Brimstone, Fenris Wolf and Nosferatu during the Fall and Winter months.

I think all my favorite fall scents are LEs: October, Autumn Overlooked My Knitting, Exclessiastical Excesses, Autumn Lace, and Dead Leaves and Tobacco. I was so excited when it turned crisp last week so I could break them all out.