Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alicia_stardust

Christmas Rose

I got this from TrailerTrashPrincess, and thankfully I don't smell styrofoam and celery! 😄

Wet: I get pine/fir and something sweet (violet?), along with aldehydes. I was extremely worried at this point because aldehydes don't work on my skin at all! I was considering scrubbing it, but I know that if you can make it through the opening you can end up with something terrific. 

It was definitely worth the 20 minutes of unpleasantness. The aldehydes lighten up, and now they are just there creating a sweet effervescence. It's sparkly and citrusy. Someone mentioned 7-Up, and I tend to agree. Either that or ginger ale. I wonder if there is ginger or lime, or both. I think there may be orris, pine, lime, ginger, frankincense, and possibly even some myrrh in here. The evergreen scent only lasted for a brief part of the wet stage, and I didn't get a snow note (unless that was what the orris represents). Hellebore itself doesn't have a scent unless crushed,  and you don't want to smell that! It is one of the many fantasy floral notes in perfumes. 

What I'm left with is a sparkling citrus/resinous blend with just a touch of non powdery sweetness. It actually reminds me a lot of Voodoo, which I love. If you are a fan of Voodoo, Hell's Belle, or Jazz Funeral, you will most likely enjoy this one. It's really pretty!

5 out of 5 stars despite the beginning. 

I mostly get a sweet floral note from this throughout most of the wear, and it's almost candy-like, kind of like SweeTarts? Although by the end of the day, it has somehow morphed into champagne? I wonder if that was one component of the snow note. :think: It settles into a slightly sweet and powdery floral champagne on me.

I don't dislike this, but I'm kind of taken aback by the experience given the name and the notes. As far as champagne scents go, however, I'll stick with Shade.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Aha! It's the lab's soapy snow-note. Not a bad thing though, in my opinion. On my skin it directly starts morphing to something more greenish blue, still soapy. It's lovely, though not very strong, and unfortunately something in this is giving me a slight headache Too bad, because though it's very pretty!