Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Lady Una

Honey musk, green tea leaf, blackberry leaf, vanilla bean, and fae spices.

This is really lovely. It's mostly honey, blackberry & green tea on me. I was nervous about the tea because it often doesn't work on me but here it is balanced by the sweetness of the honey. This is light and fresh, it seems like quite a summery scent to me. I get the slightest hint of spices and vanilla. The vanilla comes out more as it dries down. Lasts for quite a while, but stays close to the body.

I really like this and think that I will be wearing it alot :wub2:

Edited to Add: I wore this yesterday and it lasted the whole day - the final dry down of this is one of the loveliest vanilla's I have smelt in a long time.

In the bottle: bitter honey, sweet fruits, and an undertone of.. coffee? Mocha? It's not what I expected, not fae-ish or anything to my nose, and not the spicy or vanilla I wanted. The tea is just not there for my nose either.

On Skin: Moldy baby powder. I am SO sad.

Dry down: Old coffee grounds and Moldy baby powder. AUUUUUGH.

Wet, in bottle:

Sweet and herbal, slightly foody. Gentle and green, with the creamy blackberry scent in Bewitched but with more spicy undertones.

On:

Warms to become more vanilla-focused and foody. Gets a little cloying but that passes and it becomes a nice creamy berry scent as time goes on.

A lovely warm and comfortable scent with a touch of clean linen and unidentifiable foodiness, but also exotic herbal sweetness.

Throw:

It's quite soft and close to the skin but it's also strong enough not to just fade into nothingness or powder.

I like this a lot but time will tell on how often I feel the need to wear it.

I purchased my first Lady Una bottle six years ago at a Bpal meet and sniff, she had owned it for years.

In bottle - Smells delicate and gorgeous.

On skin - Amazing.

I recently purchased a new bottle directly from Bpal and it doesn't smell the same. When I do a side-by-side comparison of the two Lady Una bottles, the new one smells very different. I think i would only ever wear this if it's aged by five plus years.

Edited by icecreamcone

In the decant: This is a lot sharper than I thought it would be. I think it's the honey musk combined with either the green tea or the blackberry leaf, but I'm not sure.

Wet: The blackberry leaf takes the center stage. I get a little bit of the honey musk and the spices, but mostly, it's just blackberry leaf on my skin.

Dry: The vanilla bean has decided to make an appearance, and the honey musk is more prominent now. The blackberry leaf is still present, along with a hint of the spices. I really like this phase of the scent.

Several hours later, it becomes too powdery-sweet on me. The honey musk and the blackberry leaf are very strong.

Verdict:
I'm glad that I was able to try this, but I won't be needing a bottle because the blackberry leaf is too prominent for my liking, and the honey musk ends up being too powdery and sweet after several hours.

Wet: Soft and white. Gently sweet in a glowing sort of way. This reminds me of Good (but softer) and Self-Portrait (but not as sweet).

Drydown: Gentle and Pure. An airy, soft-white musk w/ a powdered sugar sweetness. It doesn’t twinkle, but there is a bit of a glow; like moonlight or starlight filtered through a light haze.

Dry: This is the land of milk and honey. Creamy vanilla and honey over what smells like the softest, lightest white flowers. The barest hint of green tea adds a gentle airiness to the blend.

7.5 out of 10 bones

Vanilla and blackberries, with a background of honey and citrusy green tea. Sweet and tart. I love it because of all the honey and vanilla. It's a little fruitier than what I usually go for, but really pretty!

Light and lovely. The two leaf notes combine to something like peaseblossom or sweatpea, which is sweet and uplifting. The honey musk is deep without cloying, likely due to the vanilla keeping it balanced. Whatever fae spices might be, they seem to amp and throw beautifully, because with my hands near the keyboards, there's a high, warm note that keeps drifting about.

Lady Una is another great summer perfume oil. On me, this is honey musk with just a hint of all the other notes—green tea, blackberry leaf, vanilla, and spices. It stays close and smells really clean. Sort of like a super fresh take on Blackberry & Vanilla Musk.

Wet: Tea and Honey

Dry: Really lovely. I find this so well balanced that it's difficult to actually pick out the individual notes, they're all so evenly matched. It's very smooth, slightly sweet. Tea and honey and fruit an musk, all blended beautifully together. Just lovely.

A friend sent me her decant of this and I need a bottle. Agreeing with the reviewer above who said their bottle is very old; my decant is from 2009.

This is a truly ethereal and fairyish blend. It's a sparkling, bright honey with a hint of something almost berry, almost green, but not quite either - it does remind me of a field of blackberry bushes in the sunlight: sun-dappled, but thick with shadows. The honey isn't down to earth, thick and smeary like my other honeys - it's got an almost white, supernatural glow to it.

Also serves as a reminder that if something's disappointing instead of actually awful, letting it age might be wise!

Why?! WHY cruel world?! :cry: Lady Una is by far one of the most glorious and beautiful smelling blends I have ever scented, (very understated blackberry, creamy honied vanilla, and soft airy spices) especially in the bottle. And I get to enjoy that for about 30 seconds on my skin. After that point... my skin chemistry destroys it completely and it becomes an almost rancid baby powder/play-doh/hot plastic. :( So, it left me wondering why such a thing would happen. The honey would seem to be the obvious culprit, but, there are several honey blends that work beautifully on me. So then I realized what the issue might be.. the musk. I don't think I have many musk-heavy blends to begin with, but I realize, every single blend that was a combination of honey AND musk in some way has turned to baby powder on me. I also fear the same for vanilla mixed with musk scents. By this point I think I'm going to give up on musk altogether.

Love these notes (other than the mystery "fae spices"), so I chanced a bottle with this one.

Una's first impression is a sweet honey musk with green tea. The tea hints of citrus, but I don't get a standalone citrus note. Then I get blackberry and vanilla. After a few minutes, the spices emerge, smelling much like the "chai spices" blend on my kitchen spice rack.

The throw is pretty good for a while, and the longevity of the honey musk part is about a half-day.

I'm in love with this.

♔ Lady Una

In the Bottle: Honeyed tea musk

Wet: This is such a gorgeous floral honey musk and creamy, gentle vanilla bean because it doesn’t have the same tangy amber effect on me as other aged vanilla-honey blends. The honey tea starts out smelling a lot like a spicier, strongly honeyed Dorian. Not a sticky honey like O, but a lovely floral honey. The vanilla is creamy and soft and the spices in this are gentle and subtle..together it smells a bit like a vanilla chai tea…with lots of floral honey and a helping of fruity blackberries, though it’s definitely not jammy, it is sweet, a little green…. but it’s a supporting background note on me than a front runner. It reminds me of her bird form..and birds love blackberries! It’s not just tea and berries though, this is Lady Una.. expertly blended to reflect her character. She Is not just honeyed tea and fae spices, nor is she that with a plonk of blackberry fruit on the side. This was masterfully executed. Absolutely spectacular.

Drydown: The honeyed, spiced tea turns to lightly spiced, honeyed vanilla musk I don’t get much of the blackberry or tea in this phase. I’m surprised this didn’t go herbal on me given the green tea leaf, blackberry leaf and fae spices could have been quite herbal together.

TL;DR: Honeyed tea musk, vanilla chai spices, with a trace of sweet blackberries and greenery.

I blind-bottled this, but luckily it smells as lovely as the description sounded. It has a similar character to the Cancer zodiac scents and Fae to me--if you mixed Cancer 2007 and Fae you might get something like this. It's a borderline-sparkly, ethereal scent with the soft honey note I love so much from Les Bijoux and a ripe blackberry note, all over a soft green tea/herb base. It sits relatively close to the skin but also leaves a trail, which just adds to the fairy vibe for me. This is going to be a perfect spring/summer scent!

Spiced honey musk. Reminds me strongly of Gennivre - must be the honey and tea. As it dries down, the honey fades off a little and becomes spicier, and I smell that green blackberry leaf coming through. Very pleasant.

Edited by Whisperstilled

In the Vial:

Nice honey musk with a touch of vanilla and spice.

On the Skin:

Warm spices and honey musk. The tea leaf adds a slightly deeper note. An interesting, almost savoury, gourmand which isn't too heavy.

On the Drydown:

A warm, lightly spiced honey. Very well blended and reminiscent of Morocco with honey. Quite lovely.

In the bottle this smells sharp and herbal. Almost bitter. I was a little nervous to try it.

On the skin it it turns sweeter and loses the bitterness. Lightly spiced and almost floral?

Dry down is beautiful. It turns creamy with light spice. The honey is there, but stays tame. Honey usually doesn't play nice with my skin chemistry. I get no powder, just smooth, warm, creamy spiced vanilla with a hint of green. It reminds me alot of Milk Moon 07. I really love this. Throw is pretty light, but I think if it was any stronger, it would be over powering. I'm glad I have a bottle, I can see myself reaching for this one a lot.

This reminds me so much of the original Gennivre L'Artiste du Diabolique-- must be the tea and honey? Lady Una leans clean but feminine, and slightly herb-y. I wouldn't necessarily describe my aged bottle as sharp, but definitely clean and perfect for summer.

Wet: Very light honey, which I'm assuming is the honey musk coming through. A tiny bit of tea is in the background, but this is mostly honey on my skin. It's very pleasant.

Dry: My skin has almost completely eaten this scent. :( It's now a very faint honey, with a little more sweetness than the wet stage. I'm guessing that's the vanilla bean? It's nice, but I have to press my nose against my wrist to smell it, because there's no throw. Darn.

Edited by donkehpoo

Honey. Honey honey honey. Light, clear, sweet, gentle summer honey. On top of that is a sharp herbal/floral. Smells like nothing specific to me, so going to randomly attribute it to the "leaf"s

Honey. Sweet, behaving, spiced, herbaled, pretty honey. An underlying sweetness creeps up. Or, let me explain since honey is sweet. An underlaying unique different level of sweet pops in that cuts through the thickness of honey. Has to be vanilla bean.

Verdict: Feminine, behaved light sweet honey, with herbal/floral hints.

Not for me personally - I don't really love the "leaf" aspects, but this will be (and is) a loved one for those who work it.

Honey, at first. Then it blossoms in to a sweet melange of berries and tea blended with the honey.

It's glorious, very feminine, and I feel it's somehow classy. I feel clean and divine in this.

Lady Una is one of the scents that I've always been tempted by but got put off by the fear that the honey musk would be too overwhelming. I was wrong though and now I wish I'd tried it earlier! I find this a pretty strange, unique scent.. In the bottle it smells very clean, astringent and a little sweet, I guess from the tea leaf and honey, and it retains that quality on my skin. As it dries down though it warms up and the vanilla and honey come out more and then in the background there is something a bit dark and coffee-ish (the spices? I don't know!). Really bizarre, doesn't sound like it would smell nice but it does! Deep dry-down is a sweet, powdery vanilla over a hint of bitter leaf. I really like Lady Una, makes me feel very clean, fresh and well put together. Very appropriate for the spring.

ETA:

Wore Lady Una again the other day and realised after aging the dry down had become quite different from what I remembered. It actually reminds me a lot of Bewitched now, but a more subtle, less fruity version. Fresh, herbal, green with a hint of berries. 

Edited by h_yeti

Ooof I love this! The honey musk is gorgeous,  rich and creamy in the way beeswax is and not overly sweet. The green tea is fabulous, a lot green teas in perfume are bright and citrus-y, which is great at times but sometimes I crave the deeper, warmer true-to-life scent. This is much more the latter. Maybe the blackberry leaf helps it out? There is a light sweet almost softly floral scent in the background, mysterious and hard to place. Very fae. 

In the decant: Honey musk, a light fresh tea note, and vanilla. 

On my skin: 

Wet, a light, fresh honey dominates, which I'm guessing is the honey musk combined with green tea leaf. As it dries, the green tea leaf, blackberry leaf, and vanilla all become a little more noticeable. There is a light spice tempering the sweetness of the honey musk and vanilla. Given time to develop, I get a faint powdery quality that I sometimes associate with musk and certain spices like cardamom. The blackberry leaf also increases in prominence, giving the scent a lovely berry-smooth undertone. (If you've had the chance to try Redoul Honey, I'd say the effect is similar, though Lady Una has additional notes coming into play.) 

This is a scent that manages to be warm and creamy while also being soft and delicate. I'm finishing up a tester decant, so I can't say for sure what the throw would be like, but I have a feeling it would be low to moderate on me.