Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Moryssa

Salty scents?

My first response is Anne Bonny.

It smells like salty teak to me. You said you wanted pirate as well as salt, and Anne Bonny smells like a sailing ship.

My BPAL experience is limited so far, so that's the only one I can point to. And there's no leather in that.

Edited by Gaidig

Jolly Roger would be my first choice, but Aeaea was salty breeze to me with hint of berries and I wuv my Pirate Moon!

I love Port Royal; it's the only aquatic blend that doesn't turn into horrible decaying pondweed on my skin. I find Yemaya has a very faint trace of salt during the middle stages too. You might like to give that a go.

I find Yemaya more than faintly salty in the drydown. It's actually a lot like prosciutto i meloni in a bottle.

These are both past LEs, but 1) Usher has developed a salty note on me that it didn't have initially, and 2) Storm Moon goes back and forth between fresh ozone and salty ocean aquatic (very much an Atlantic Ocean scent as opposed to Pacific or Caribbean or Mediterranean, but wonderful).

I also second the recs for Lyonesse (if you can wear amber, which I can't, it's a nice non-foody golden vanilla meshed with a salty ocean-aquatic tang) and Thalassa (straight-up salty ocean aquatic).

I know there's another salty thread, but my salty is different:

I adore the scent of the air/glass when beakers that have been filled with salt water start to evaporate...this might be actually "burning" salt.

Does anyone know of anything that smells at all like this? (It's not an aquatic scent, at all.)

Thanks!

I loved Pool of Tears and many people have noted they think it is the saltiest. I also really liked Thorns. I was wondering how Pool of Tears compares with Thalassa and how Thorns compares with some of the Draconis scents. I am definitely looking for the saltiest recommendations but interested in saltiest with florals and saltiest with wood...

Though it is an LE, I will second the recommendation of Vampire Tears. It smells SO salty to me, but is also very floral. The salt helps take that super flower edge off, and it is one of my favorites. :) I've seen many decants floating about the for sale forum, so maybe you can snag one to try without TOO much trouble...

I know there's another salty thread, but my salty is different:

I adore the scent of the air/glass when beakers that have been filled with salt water start to evaporate...this might be actually "burning" salt.

Does anyone know of anything that smells at all like this? (It's not an aquatic scent, at all.)

Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is looking into the scents that say they have a metallic note. The scent you're describing is kinda like oxidized salt water? I think there must be one of the metallics that fits...... :think: