Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ravenfeathers

Lick It One More Time

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? This is a new take on Lick It and Lick It Again -- a peppermint candy cane with a flash of vanilla and an extra jolt of sugar.

Wow. Lick It One More Time smells like a candy cane with a little bit of sugar. The scent is nice, but what I really like is the cool, tingling sensation the blend leaves on my skin. This would be perfect for a summer heatwave.

Sweet, sharp peppermint that's gone in 10 minutes. That was quick!

This would make a great wake-up scent, though--you could apply it when you first get up and by the time you're ready to leave the house, it'll be gone and you can put something else on. It did make my stuffy head feel great when I sniffed it straight from the imp, too.

Lick It One More Time

In the imp: mint fudge! Yes, this smells more like mint fudge than Tokyo Stomp did!

Wet on skin: mint fudge morphing into a candy cane. The sugar here is browner than the old Lick It.

Dry: whoa, this mint drills straight through my nostrils into my brain! This really clears the mind and chills the nose with a hit of pure, powerful peppermint. There’s the sugary undertone which is not the vanilla musk that I remember from the past two Lick Its, but a brown sugar, with a definite feel of mint fudge to it. This is a bracing mint and I also get a hint of mint humbugs and other traditional English mint sweets (probably Kendal mints?)

After a while: tobacco? Yes, now this smells like minty, sweet tobacco. How bizarre! Where’s my mint fudge, my peppermint sweets? Now this smells like a cross between a traditional sweet shop and a gentleman’s lounge! I smell dusty tobacco mingling with remnants of mint and sugar.

And as the scent goes on, it gets very dusty indeed, an old dusty wood scent with hints of paper…now this is turning into an old library scent, which I love. In fact, it’s exactly like the dusty-woody-bookish base of Miskatonic Uni, but with mint replacing the coffee and caramel.

The scent of old dusty woods and a hint of smoke does seem to fade fast, which is unusual since smoky woody scents tend to last on me. it is now a whisper of old pages and ebony floorboards with just a hint of tobacco, reminiscent of Forbidden Foyer, Misk U and even a hint of the Dogs Playing Poker scents. it’s strange, but not unpleasant-it fades fast though, leaving a trace of sugary dust on my skin. I never once got the gorgeous vanilla musk I loved so much from the past two Lick It incarnations.

Verdict: of the Lick It series, this is the strangest. It starts off smelling very promising indeed, a mouth watering mint fudge scent. it then turns into a blast of peppermint with a brown sugar undertone. Very nice, I think, and here’s to hoping it turns to pure fudge! But sadly it doesn’t. it does the oddest thing-it turns to a dark, dusty scent of dry tobacco, old books and dark woods. Kind of like ebony floorboards and old libraries and gentleman’s lounges, but with mint. Very, very bizarre. Normally I love scents that remind me of old books and dusty libraries, but I wasn’t expecting it in something that’s meant to smell like candy canes…it’s a little disconcerting actually. And the vanilla musk scent that made me fall in love with Lick It (and LI Again) is completely absent from this scent. and this scent does fade very fast as well. I think I’ll keep my decant but it’s not one I’ll get a bottle of.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Not sure.

If you like this, try: Lick It, Lick It Again, Tokyo Stomp, Incubus, Snow Flakes, Grr, Miskatonic University

Bpal has taught me that I do like mint as a perfume, especially when combined with vanilla. So I ordered a bottle of this straight out. I'm rather glad I did!

In the bottle it's most definitely a peppermint candy cane, sinus clearing and cool. On my skin it doesn't change at all, except to become a little softer and when dry the vanilla peeps out a little. I was hoping this would be a summer mint (as opposed to Tokyo Stomp which to me is more of a winter mint) and it is indeed! It has average throw, and unfortunately isn't a long laster. That's ok though, I rather enjoy reapplying this one, especially when it's stinking hot. It makes me feel cooler!

In the imp it smelled fantastically like a candy cane. On my skin, it was unpleasantly sharp and completely lacking in any sweetness or vanilla. After about 10 minutes a strange, dusty, woody tone appears. What the hell?! This is nice in the imp, but sadly my skin chemistry just seems to hate everything :P

Lick It One More Time

In bottle: Very sharp...sinus clearing-sharp peppermint. None of the creaminess that I loved about the other Lick Its could be found in it. I was a bit wary, I have to admit, when I went to put this on my skin.

Wet on Skin: Still quite sharp. It leaves a tingling on my skin, which I find lovely.. But, still, there's no sweetness.

Dry on Skin: Not quite as sharp, but more bitter.

Overall, this is my least favorite thus far. I think I'll either be using this in my diffuser or pairing with a sugary one. It's a bit too much peppermint - even for this peppermint fan.

I have bottles of Lick It and Lick It Again (which my nose can barely tell apart) so I only got a decant of this one. Wise choice.

In the vial, this is a soft mint.. a softer scent than its predecessors, but a bit more medicinal or herbal at the same time.

Wet, its immediately mint and cat pee. :P

I've been suffering through the cat pee phase for about five minutes (my boy kittens, who sleep in the litter box, won't come near me right now), and it's getting sorta woody, like someone above posted. This one is just not a keeper for me.

Heavy duty peppermint with an undernote of vanilla and Sugar Skull. Hmm, that last must be the "extra jolt of sugar." Unlike the earlier incarnations of Lick It/Again, the vanilla doesn't seem to be as strong, and the peppermint is really, really intense. I like it, but it's definitely not subtle (Lick It was fairly subtle.) Still candy cane in a bottle, but more like if Altoids decided to do candy canes...

To me, this is much more pepperminty than the previous versions.

On my skin, LIOMT does this weird smoky ashtray thing making it seem much less desirable than the others. I'm not sure where that's coming from, but I get a definite smoke smell from this one.

In the imp: woo - candy cane! with vanilla!

On my skin, it's so bright, so cold, so perfectly what it's advertised - it smells exactly like a candy cane tastes.

When it dries, the peppermint's almost gone; it's all sweet vanilla. Very nice!

This is an in-your-face kind of peppermint, with just a whisper of vanilla behind it. I rather reveled in the up-front peppermintness (wait ... is that a word?!) of it all, but alas, it didn't last long. This is a scent that must be slathered repeatedly. Let's call it Apply It One More Time!

Wet, this is an incredibly crisp and refreshing peppermint. It gets a little murkier as it dries on me; something is coming across as a kind of dusty cocoa on me, very much like Tokyo Stomp, and it winds up a little dry and dull. I find it much drier and crisper than Lick It Again, which turns into a wonderful cream vanilla on me, rather than fading into the kind of almost cocoa-y dustiness of Lick It One More Time. So I can stick with my bottle of Lick It Again! LIOMT is nice, but on me, nothing special.

(Actually, it would probably be nice in a scent locket where it would stay that initial blask of crisp fresh MINT!!!!!!!).

I own an imp of the original Lick It and it is among my all time favourite BPAL scents, but it's rather hard to find. I missed out on Lick It Again, but when Lick It One More Time arrived I was thrilled and the thought it might be my chance to get more candy-cane goodness. I didn't order a bottle right away, but I was running a mass order for some friends (I'm in Australia) and one of the girls was getting Lick It and said I could try it before I passed it on to her. So I did!

I was so disappointed.

At first it was fairly promising - strong, zippy peppermint - although not as sweet as the original Lick It. But as soon as it hit my skin and started to dry, the peppermint evaporated and I was left with...nothing. It disappeared instantly. And it wasn't just me getting used to the scent; I got numerous other to sniff my wrist and they couldn't smell anything either.

I know peppermint is a volatile scent that tends to evaporate quickly, but the original Lick It had a lovely soft, sugared vanilla underneath that lingered after the minty blast was gone. Where did that go?

I really wanted to love this one. :P

Peppermint candy canes, dries to candies.....gone in an hour.

It's not complex, it's perfectly a nice scent...not complex, nice to layer with or when you need something clean and easy to digest.

This is everything I had been hoping for in both Lick It and Lick It Again..... Sweet peppermint candycanes! Both previous versions broke me out horribly, and were just too overwhelming on the peppermint. This version seems to have less mint and more sugar... And does NOT break me out!!! Yay!!! Super yay!!!! Not to mention the fact that both of my BPAL-enabled daughters are addicted to this one too....

First Impression: Peppermint.

Dries down to: Vanilla starts blossoming and gives the peppermint a richness while taming it down.

Additional Comments: I'm not really a big mint fan but every once in a while I get a craving. This will fill that craving quite nicely.

Lasted: A couple of hours.

Rating: 3 out of 5

This is the first incarnation of the Lick It sequence that I've tried, and while I liked it a great deal, it was not what I expected.

It smells like a candy cane with a bit of soft, sugared vanilla added. Very nice.

On my skin, though, it morphs into plain ol' boring peppermint. And it lasts all of 15 minutes.

Boo-urns.

The scent matches well with IoE's Pink Snowflakes scent, and Patrician Treasure's Snow Angel, so I can have fun layering and wearing this in my scent locket.

In the bottle: pure sugar with a hint of mint.

Wet: Very pepperminty and sweet. The sugar note is turning out to be brown sugar. This is different than vanilla.

Drydown: Lightly minty and sweet with the brown sugar coming out the strongest.

The brown sugar note serves to ground the scent so you do not just get a flyaway super sweet minty scent.

It does not have much throw, probably because it turns to a very light scent on my skin.

Mint is my favorite. I love most variations and this is no exception. Sometimes my nose will get sensative to smells/scents and the only scent I can wear without problems is mint based scents. Even if you do not want to wear this as a personal fragrance, mint as an air freshner makes the room smell clean and a dillution of this scent sprayed on stale clothes will freshen them. Mint is a good scent and recommended if you are depressed. I sometimes use this as a linen spray because it makes me feel peaceful. And I still have other ways I use this that I have not mentioned. This is worth getting!

Edited by gchris

Mmm, Thin Mints!

When first applied, the throw I get off Lick It One More Time is so butter-vanilla-y smooth with that jolt of mint that all I can think of is delicious Girl Scout cookies. Of course, I don't actually smell the chocolate -- it's just the smell association. If I get my nose closer than a foot or so away from my wrist, though, the peppermint is overwhelming. Like someone up-thread said, this would be a great scent for a wake up! It fades on me in similarly short order, too.

I'm hanging on to my half-decant but I don't think I'll need to get a bottle. For those times when I need a smooth pick-me-up, this'll be great.

I got an imp of this through a decant circle. I could not really see myself wanting to smell like a candy cane on a regular basis, yet it sounded like too much fun not to try!

In the imp and wet on my skin, Lick It One More Time is an impressively accurate rendition of a candy cane indeed. After a few minutes, an undertone of slightly stale sugar comes through. This is not a burnt or acrid smell, just something reminiscent of old, faded candy- this cane may have stayed on the shelves for a bit too long!

Yes, it is fun and minty and very sweet and worth trying if you are curious about it. As a perfume, however, it is a litte too straightforward for my taste. This is more like a novelty scent that you sniff in a shop, exclaim "wow, this really smells like candy cane!" and move on. Off to swaps!

Lick it One More Time smells exactly like a peppermint candy cane, or those peppermint swirl disks.. or peppermint extract. Pretty much this is peppermint, peppermint, and more peppermint.

It's nice, but I think I'll stick with Tokyo Stomp for my mint.

In the bottle: My mom said, "I've got some of that in the kitchen, sweetie. It's called peppermint oil." :P

On: I don't get the sharp mint from this at all! This smells exactly like a candy cane. Actually, scratch that. What it REALLY smells like is one of those old-fashioned peppermint sticks that are a bit soft and creamy. Oh yes. Minty and sweet and full of vanilla!

Throw on this is fairly strong when wet, but decreases rapidly as it dries. After a few hours I can only smell a sweet white vanilla when I sniff my wrist (which then layers rather nicely with whatever I put on next!).

As Ishtar said, this is kind of a novelty scent. It's on the simpler side of BPAL and not a typical perfume. That said, it always makes me happy when I wear it, and it's particularly good for test days (mint stimulates the brain!). Please address any loved bottles to "Terrenity". :D

(Side note: My bottle is about three months old, and has definitely mellowed with age. More vanilla/sugar, less mint.)

Expectations: I'm hoping to be reminded of the fabulous peppermint milkshakes that one of the campus restaurants served last Christmas.

In vial: Very peppermint, almost too much peppermint.

On skin, wet: Still overwhelmingly peppermint and why does it smell so famil—oh! York Peppermint Patties!

On skin, dry: Up close it's just too powerful, but at a distance I get some of the sweetness as well.

After time: Ugh, I'm getting the Vicks VapoRub from this one too. At least there's a logical reason this time. Around 30 minutes after application, I start getting the numb and tingly reaction at the application point. Not comfortable.

Conclusion: Definitely never again. It feels like I put Icy Hot on (which stays icy on me and never ever goes hot, and hurts), so I'm scrubbing it off ASAP.

Ohhh yum! Lick It One More Time smells very nice in the bottle and when wet. It has a very creamy scent along with the peppermint, all though the peppermint isn't as strong as I recall the other Lick It versions.

As it dried on my skin, I detected definate chocolate notes which seemed to have a more fudgy consistancy than straight chocolate. Throughout the chocolate stage the mint did remain strong.

I was a little disappointed, since this one did not last half as long as the older forumlations of Lick It. By mid day it had become a faint sweet scent on my skin. I think I will try it in my hair or on my hat next time and see if it lasts the whole day.

Sweet sweet peppermint candy stick. Creamy and smooth. Refreshing mint. Candy canes gone wild!

The one foody scent my boyfriend likes!!