Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ravenfeathers

Lick It One More Time

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? This is a new take on Lick It and Lick It Again -- a peppermint candy cane with a flash of vanilla and an extra jolt of sugar.

Imp: Mmmm. Smells like those really good, thick sugary candy canes you can get around the winter holidays.

Wet: Such a lovely cool peppermint smell. Wish I had more of it to wear in the hot months.

Drydown: A very nice peppermint smell remains. I do love how cool it makes me feel to smell it.

I neither liked nor disliked this when I got it in December, finding it very candycane and peppermint creams but rather uncomplicated. Today, however, I have an unholy triumvirate of cold, hangover and fibro flare-up so I thought a bit of a Lick might do me good.

Wet: smooth, rounded, ever so minty caramels. I popped my nose to my wrist and some of it tickled the tip of my nose amd made it feel icy.

Dry: the mint retreats a little then softens away into the musty aged paper smell that has been mentioned before which does indeed feel a bit odd. And then buttery mint pops back. And then goes away again. It's like being in an ancient library, starving from extended study and getting occasional whiffs of delicious mintiness that I can't track down.

And?...:Well I don't know. The initial stage is lovely - sweet and smooth, at once refreshing and comforting. But the morphage into old paper is strangely unsettling for a book fiend like meself. Aging has smoothed it out so I will let it develop further, and see which way it goes.

In the bottle – Unsurprisingly mint, but less strident than I expected. It has a creamy sweetness that reminds me of the toffee centre of a mint humbug

Wet on me – Actually I think mint humbug is a good way to describe this blend

Dry on me – A soft creamy mint with plenty of brown sugar

Overall – The only fault that I could pick with this blend is that it didn’t last as long as some do on me. As far as I’m concerned this is the best ‘Lick It’ so far

Lick It One More Time – the “Lick It” series just gets better and better every single year. This is by far the best of the “Lick It” blends. This is a powerful peppermint – absolutely perfect for winter time. I love the addition of the vanilla this year – it tempers the mint a bit and gives it a unique, sweet, creaminess that it hasn’t had in previous years. As with all of the “Lick It” blends, it doesn’t last on my skin long at all, but it smells freaking amazing as a room scent – just right for giving the house that festive holiday feeling right before the Christmas party. I love this one and since it just gets better every year, I can’t wait to see what the 2008 “Lick It” blend will be like!

I was kind of expecting this to smell like toothpaste, but I was pleasantly surprised. Lick it One More Time reminds me of butter mints, the soft melty ones. It will certainly clear your sinuses, but definitely smells like mint candy.

The longer I let it sit, the more I enjoy it. Creamy and sugary without being cloying. Mmmm.

Wet: Ew! total peppermint...I can't even detect any other notes...

ADDED April 22:

yargh; nothing but candy cane; no vanilla, no sugar; just red and white striped mint

Yum yum yum yum yum!!!

I have only tried this and the original Lick It.

The original had a soft vanilla under the peppermint. Lick It One More Time seems to have a deeper sugary vanilla note, almost like caramel.

It's delectable!! I prefer the original, but this is also yummy!

4.2 out of 5

In the bottle, it's peppermint with a hint of vanilla.

Wet on the skin, it's a creamy peppermint scent. Lots of throw on this for me, at least initially.

As it dries, it's mostly strong peppermint on me. Great if you like peppermint candy canes, but I'm not such a fan of candy canes. This will go back to the swap/sell thread for someone else to give it the love it deserves.

Wet in bottle - Wow, a chocolate and peppermint candy cane! Delicious and minty!

Wet on skin - Peppermint with less chocolate. Not as much throw as I would have expected with the mint.

Dry on skin - A pepperminty vanilla-y chocolatey plastic smell. It also doesn't last more than a few hours, and burned my skin a little bit. Swap pile!

this is so pepperminty and just delicious in the imp. once it hits my skin it's still a whole lot of peppermint but it vanishes in a matter of minutes. i really like it but i am not going to be reapplying every 5 minutes. i wish it lasted a lot longer because it is really lovely.

Holy candy cane! This is a giant jolt of peppermint that hits you right up in the face. It certainly packs a punch and doesn't last long but it's a sea of sugary peppermint while it does! It quickly fades off into a sugary fizzy vanilla and within a few hours it's gone. It's very cool and frosty, as one would expect a mint scent to be, but it's fun. I don't wear it often but when I do, I really enjoy it.

This oil almost does exactly what it says on the tin!

It's peppermint at first...yup...straight up peppermint, it's actually cold on the skin like peppermint shampoo or shower gel. My neck feels icy! This would be good in the summer.

There's no vanilla for me at all, in any stage from wet to dry which is a dissapointment, vanilla usually amps loads on my skin.. :(

Then..it turns weird. On dry down it smells like mint & dusty cupboard...so weird and not that pleasant.

The dusty cupboard stage stays for a little while, this doesn not remind me of the holiday season.

It fades pretty fast and doesn't have much throw at all on me. The only time I can detect sugar is when the oil is just noticable on my skin. I can get a tiny tiny whiff of burnt sugar, kind of like Sugar Skull..but much much more faint. :(

This oil is a diasspointment really, I was hoping for much more vanillary yumness, instead I got dusty mint.

In Bottle: Holy MOLY is that peppermint or WHAT? Oh yeah, it definitely smells like extract of peppermint, so it's a good thing I LOVE peppermint. I went through a phase (and still do from time to time) where I use peppermint body wash. The tingling sensation is nice, and it FEELS clean.

Wet: Like those giant, fat peppermints that my grandfather used to have sitting next to his recliner. Mmm. But after a few seconds of settling on my skin, my skin actually started to tingle and almost burn. I prayed that this wouldn't last because what a damn shame if it did.

DryING Down: Still a bit of a tingle, but not an unpleasant one. Definitely cleared up my sinuses, which is a blessing since I think that's one of the things I love about peppermint so much.

Dry-down: Definitely fat, sugary peppermints, but the vanilla mellows the sting of it for me. The vanilla isn't too prevalent; it's more like a whisper of vanilla. It's nice. It was still fairly prominent on my skin when I went to bed six hours after application.

Vote: Definitely a keeper! Might have to look into the OTHER Lick Its!

This is peppermint straight up, cool and true. a tiny twist of vanilla to make the edge more tolerable.....if you love peppermint, find this!! If you get a reaction from peppermint, make sure you get a scent locket!! [= What a blast!!

Yum. Lick it again is pure peppermint candy canes. After dry down the mint really gives way to vanilla sugar, and I'm left with vanilla sugar mints. I wish the mint explosion would last like Lick it again, but I still love this version.

5 ml purchased from my friend, the lovely Opernimalus, with many thanks for co-dependent enabling!

Bottle: Frosty sugary peppermint.

Skin: More of the same, with the peppermint really taking hold.

Drydown: Sugar fades on me but the peppermint is very strong.

When I first wore this it seemed a great deal softer and more sugary than the original Lick It, but with aging the peppermint is just as present, I find, which I enjoy. This is great for getting in the holiday mood, of course, but also a welcome breath of coolness in the summertime. But don't wear too much unless you want to feel all tingly on the outside. ;)

Edited by luna65

Lick It One More Time is all prim and proper peppermint candy cane in the bottle. It has a nice and delicate tingliness to it that reminds me of Christmas, coziness, and childhoods spent in the classroom getting and eating candy canes until my stomach hurt.

On me, it sheds its peppermint skin rather quickly and blossoms into the love child of vanilla and sugar. As it is with most peppermints, the scent is fleeting and the tingling I get is as well. This makes me sad because I love peppermint. If I could smell like peppermint all the time, I would. Oh boy, I would. But hey, I loves me some vanilla and sugar. :wub2:

Edited by Beevee

I can't recall how I came across this decant - it might have been included as a freebie in a decant circle.

In any case, this thin, clear oil does just what it says on the tin. The primary impression is indeed one of sugary mint, like a candy cane. The mint fades down fast (I find the pepperment lotion I layered it with much more lasting); a few hours later the prominent impression on my wrists is a warm, sugary vanilla-like scent.

Verdict: Good for seasonal usage (some days--like today--you just need peppermint!), but nothing spectacular. 2 out of 5.

My impression of this is "a candy cane when you're halfway done eating it." So to lick it one more time is perfectly apt. Not as insanely intense as Lick It Again. A light burn a few minutes in, which keeps going for a while. No real vanilla here (which is fine) but the drydown definitely has some powdered sugar in it. Probably the closest to Lick It Again so far. As the drydown continues, I'm getting more of a Peppermint Patty creamy note. This will be a locket scent for sure.