Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mrs.Black

Walk into a florist's shop, inhale deeply...

Edit: Looks like there is a nice big thread about this very topic, right here! Happy reading ^_^

---

A former florist myself, I know very well the scent you mean! I haven't yet come across a blend that completely evokes it, but here are a few you may want to try. (Not that I have gotten to sniff most of these myself, they just seem promising!)

The Reaper and the Flowers (GC)

A funereal bouquet laid on cemetery grass: longiflorum lilies, white rose, chrysanthemum, and carnation.

The Passionate Shepherd to His Love (LE, 2008)

Heather, clover, Irish moss, English ivy, tea rose, and carnation.

Her Voice (LE, 2008)

Hyacinth, beeswax, wild roses, vanilla amber, lily of the valley, tiger lily, honeysuckle, carnation, and heliotrope.

Maybe try layering one of those with the following, to get the chilled aspect:

The Coil (GC, discon. 2010)

Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus.

Edited by braybrigade

Have you tried Queen Gertrude from the Illyria collection? The description is "Imperial violet softened by wisteria and chrysanthemum, but edged with the regal iciness of delphinium," and I've found the scent to have something like that cool, crisp sort of scent that is somewhat like the note you mentioned having trouble finding...

Spanish Carnation Single Note smells like a florist shop to me- that uber-fresh delicious floral that only comes out of a shop FILLED with flowers :thud:

i just dug out my little imp of The Perfumed Garden & it smells very much like a florists to me, maybe not as 'rosey' as a florist, but bright, light, floral, airy & LOVELY :D

Edited by Igloogirl

Rose Red is the scent that makes me think of a florist's shop - but now you all have given me the idea to try it layered with Spanish Red Carnation.

Sweet! Thanks for the recs everyone! I have a bunch of florals but not "the one" so I will definitely be on the hunt for some of these. I have Rose Red, it smells like the rose note that I want, maybe I could layer with something. Like Spanish Red Carnation, as ivyandpeony suggested! The Reaper and the Flowers sounds promising, I'll do some hunting tonight. :wub2:

SN Wild Dandelion.

Oh, but florists don't sell dandelions? This is such a bright gorgeous green scent that you won't care either.

Tzi

This is a bit of a necrobump but I just wanted to say that The Host of The Air (Peat and rolling grass-covered hills, with wine-dappled heather, white clover, cloudberry, juniper berry, bluebell, dandelion, and cross-leaved heath.) is totally a flower shop smell to me. It has that wet, green stem scent. :smilenod: